The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 21st, 2014, 01:54 PM
DJTiKi
Just Some Average Anthropomorphic Gallade

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to DJTiKi
The Idea Exchange Thread- Inspiring Bigger Things

ROM Hacking. What can I say about it. Whether you agree or not, there is no denying that it is a big part, of Pokécommunity. People play hacks, all the time. But making them is a different story. We all have our ideas, for new things and that is the simple truth of the matter. So what is this thread about exactly?

It's a large collective of many ideas, some for hacks, some for features, even completely revolutionizing, how we look at the mechanics.

Now, now, now. Before you start posting replies about why this won't work. Let me explain to you, why this can work. Which you can see in the spoiler below, becuase I ramble alot.

Spoiler:
You see, not everyone is up in arms to simply make a thread, posting an idea. More likely, if anyone sees that the idea is public use for anyone, chances are, we might say something along the lines of "Some people are too busy to take your idea" or "No one will make a hack for you"

Sometimes, people just want to contribute. They just want to challenge what can be done in a Pokémon, just to put the idea out there, to inspire people to think more on what to do as a hack.

Not saying that Ideas in the Beginner's Lounge are bad. But the trend of ideas, are kind of familar at this point. It's basically in a sort of-ish Progressing Hack format, minus the media/screenshot part, which is mandatory in Progressing Hacks/Hacks Studio. Not to blame newer hackers, but it is a bit discouraging, thinking that the only way to generate discussion, is to dream up a new hack, and post your idea, when in actuality, they just wanted to post an idea, without people asking for more.

And before you say something about the DCC, in my opinion, new users are probably not comfortable saying something in there. For me, it is slowly evolving into Simple Questions 2.0. Despite what people may say, ROM Hacking is intimidating. There are so many things that you need to know, in hopes, that your hack is the best thing. Plus people are impatient and other, more experienced hackers, can feel a bit threatening. It is nervewrecking, making a hack.

There is an analogy, I'd like to add. "You can plant a seed, and expect something. But without proper sunlight, water, and attention, it will not sprout." Same ideology, can be said about ideas and hacking. You can make the starting push, but no effort and the hack will die. And if no one notices, they just don't notice.

You see, I'm an idealist. I get alot of ideas, I jot it down and realize that no one will care if I post a simple, uninspired idea. So here anyone can just binge and fangirl over their cool ideas. It's a postitve place, for happiness and ideas, which can become something bigger. But that's one guy's opinion.

So what do we do? We discuss ideas, get ideas, make some awesome hacks inspired by those ideas. I know I'm not the only one, who has ideas for anything, Pokémon hack related. Best of all, you don't need any hacking skills to be relevant in the discussion. So newer hackers, are oh-so welcomed, to join in. With cool things, comes with cool rules...(I really can't enforce these rules much, but don't be a dodo head and break them please)

Rules
●You can be anyone to join the chat. Hacker, non-hacker(that sounds weird and ugly, sorry), Pokemon, shoe, frog. Don't feel intimidated to join.
●Simply posting an idea is fine, if you don't wanna discuss it.
●You are free to discuss any ideas posted here.
●Don't complain, if your idea isn't discussed.
●There is NO such thing, as "claiming" an idea. If people want to get inspired by the same thing, so be it.
●Although, it is completely contradictory, to what I rambled on about, this isn't a place to adveritse your hack. Hack in the idea thread or a progressing or finished hack. Please don't spam a bunch. Although, discussion on what you could add on your hack, is fine.
●To prevent this thread from taking traffic from Beginner's Lounge, please make a thread there for simple questions, still(or post in the Simple Questions Thread). Thank you!
●Pokécommunity Rules apply. Soooo.....yeah. You know the drill.

Thanks to...
Lady Prixy- For beign the first one to give feedback on the thread, before I decided to stop being lazy and make it xD also for the first name, which I ended up changing anyways.
Slay231- For inspiring me to make this sort of thread with the Idea Exchange tread, down on Fanficiton and Writing.
Mods- For accepting this.

With all that said, I hope this will inspire people to make some awesome things, using feedback from awesome people like you :D. Let your mind wonder, something bigger is bound to happen.

Got a knack in Hacking? Then you should probably click that picture. I'm still waiting....sooooooo nice weather isn't it?.

Links For All The Things:
DJTiKi's Guide To Planning Your Awesome ROM Hack! Planning For Dummies
The Idea Exchange Thread- Inspiring Bigger Things!
A (Very) Short Dictionary To ROM Hacking Lingo!

Last edited by DJTiKi; September 14th, 2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 01:50 AM
Prixy
Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak

Nature: Timid
I'm so happy that this thread is finally up! Let's share some wonderful ideas and get the creative juices flowing!

Here are a couple of random ideas I've been toying with:

1. (Hack Idea) Koga's Story - A hack which would allow the player to learn Koga's history and his path to becoming a ninja. The hack would start in a remote dojo, hidden away from Kanto in the mountains where Koga was raised. In his early years he simply had to train at the dojo, completing basic tasks and training his Pokemon to become strong enough to fend for themselves in the outside world. After that, the story progresses to the point that Koga ventures forth into Kanto and it tells his story up to the point of him becoming a Pokemon Gym Leader. This marks the end of the game - Roll credits! For the post game, didn't we see him again in Johto? Oh yeah, he was a member of the Elite 4! How did that happen? Let's allow the player to learn this amazing story as well!

2. (Feature) Quick Save Feature - I've been wanting this for a while. But how could you make a quick save feature? This wouldn't be a save state, it could only be done outside of battle. And it won't overwrite the save file. It's a temp file that will be created until the next save or reset. At least, that's the idea I had.

Well, that's my first post here... also just happens to be the first reply to this thread~ Yay!

Lol, let's get some more ideas going!

Last edited by Prixy; August 22nd, 2014 at 01:57 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:20 AM
DJTiKi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prixy View Post
I'm so happy that this thread is finally up! Let's share some wonderful ideas and get the creative juices flowing!

Here are a couple of random ideas I've been toying with:

1. (Hack Idea) Koga's Story - A hack which would allow the player to learn Koga's history and his path to becoming a ninja. The hack would start in a remote dojo, hidden away from Kanto in the mountains where Koga was raised. In his early years he simply had to train at the dojo, completing basic tasks and training his Pokemon to become strong enough to fend for themselves in the outside world. After that, the story progresses to the point that Koga ventures forth into Kanto and it tells his story up to the point of him becoming a Pokemon Gym Leader. This marks the end of the game - Roll credits! For the post game, didn't we see him again in Johto? Oh yeah, he was a member of the Elite 4! How did that happen? Let's allow the player to learn this amazing story as well!
I always liked the ninja Gym Leaders, in any Pokémon game. Does this also mean that his team should be morely comprised of Poison types? It seems very cool. Shedding a bit of light to the situation. How about, a collectionnofnshort stories about all the Gym Leaders. Mainly because I need Blaine. Blaine is all I need. xD

Quote:
2. (Feature) Quick Save Feature - I've been wanting this for a while. But how could you make a quick save feature? This wouldn't be a save state, it could only be done outside of battle. And it won't overwrite the save file. It's a temp file that will be created until the next save or reset. At least, that's the idea I had.
I was actually thinking of a feature like this. You can get the player's current position, in the overworld, with a simple command. I think it was getplayerpos. Maybe if you store that postion, you can call it, once you use a warp command. AND TADA, back at where you started. But it wasn't really a save anyways...Maybe store your Pokemon data and everything in some vars, and use that. I really wanted a quick save feature, in hacks.

Quote:
Well, that's my first post here... also just happens to be the first reply to this thread~ Yay!

Lol, let's get some more ideas going!
Yay! But you did have a small lead over everyone, since you knew first xD. But hey, I'll leave it up to the community to discuss.

Got a knack in Hacking? Then you should probably click that picture. I'm still waiting....sooooooo nice weather isn't it?.

Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:10 AM
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

Quote:
Use Save-states :O if you're using something that has them, that is.

Potential stories~

Anything revolving around the little-known legendaries - Legendary Birds, Lugia/Ho-Oh, Jirachi, Celebi, Mew, etc.etc. Some legendaries had a major part in the games, others were mentioned briefly in a little event - it would be interesting to expand any of these to make them the focus for the change.

Like Prixy, I'd love to see more _____ stories with NPCs. Especially Gym Leaders. I bet Blaine has a fun backstory that could be explored :<. It could even focus on becoming a Gym Leader, although the writer would have a tonne of blanks to fill in, as there is no clear canon way in which someone becomes a Gym Leader other than inheritance (?).

Nice thread :3 there used to be a quick storylines thread somewhere but I think it died and got buried XD.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:24 AM
DJTiKi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Potential stories~

Anything revolving around the little-known legendaries - Legendary Birds, Lugia/Ho-Oh, Jirachi, Celebi, Mew, etc.etc. Some legendaries had a major part in the games, others were mentioned briefly in a little event - it would be interesting to expand any of these to make them the focus for the change.
There was something always intresting to me about the contrast, the smaller legendaries had, probably even more so than Mascot legendaries. In my opinion, they were way more intresting. I speak mainly about Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion. Who supposedly helped Pokemon, wreck humans, in some war. More backstory on the Legendary Dogs, being Eevee's who died, would be cool too.

So probably a nice hack, about the times before the main games, perhaps?

Quote:
Like Prixy, I'd love to see more _____ stories with NPCs. Especially Gym Leaders. I bet Blaine has a fun backstory that could be explored :<. It could even focus on becoming a Gym Leader, although the writer would have a tonne of blanks to fill in, as there is no clear canon way in which someone becomes a Gym Leader other than inheritance (?).
Am I the only one that the adventures of Yougster Joey, should be a hack? And along the way, meeting NPC's like the shorts kid and the girl who wanted a Munna. Also give some light to MissingNo.

Quote:
Nice thread :3 there used to be a quick storylines thread somewhere but I think it died and got buried XD.

Old August 22nd, 2014, 12:39 PM
Prixy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Use Save-states :O if you're using something that has them, that is.

Potential stories~

Save states break immersion for me, so I was trying to think of a way to make a quick save feature that would make sense. Maybe an HM move that functions as a quick save?

Ah, I've got an idea for Mew, but it's not very fleshed out in the least. Check the spoiler below.
Spoiler:
So Mew is a truly ancient Pokemon, right? It was thought to be extremely powerful, and that's why it's DNA was used to create Mewtwo. Why was Mew believed to be so powerful? When I look at Mew, I see one of the cutest Pokemon of all time! There must be a story behind the supposed power that Mew possesses if these crazy humans would go to such lengths to replicate it's power! Maybe there was a war between two groups of humans and Mew came along and stopped it? Maybe the world was being threatened by a truly powerful Pokemon in ancient times and Mew saved the world? Maybe one of the scientists involved was saved by Mew when he/she was a child? I have no idea where I could go with this one, so I'll just leave it in this thread. Fair game, everyone!

I remember reading somewhere that when a town is gaining citizens, strong trainers come together and build a gym, then the strongest of which is nominated as the Gym's leader. So, if we wanted to do Blaine's story, we would need to go back to a time when Cinnabar was first discovered/people started moving there. Blaine would have to prove himself to the other trainers that were gathering. I think that would probably work quite well for any of the Gym leaders in general. Koga talks of his ninja training, so I was able to make a tiny little story with that as the basis. Most other gym leaders don't have anything that stands out that much to me, so they didn't come to mind as readily. I've also seen talk of a possible hack where the player is Lt. Surge, and you experience the war that he mentioned back in Gen I "My Pokemon saved me during the war..." so that's another example. One last little note: Flannery. She's extremely interesting to me, since she is so new to being a Gym Leader, and has little confidence. I think her story would be a funny one! Any ideas relating to the topics I've submitted here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTiKi View Post
There was something always intresting to me about the contrast, the smaller legendaries had, probably even more so than Mascot legendaries. In my opinion, they were way more intresting. I speak mainly about Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion. Who supposedly helped Pokemon, wreck humans, in some war. More backstory on the Legendary Dogs, being Eevee's who died, would be cool too.
Who, who and who? I have no idea who those three are. Must be Gen IV+ lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTiKi
So probably a nice hack, about the times before the main games, perhaps?

Am I the only one that the adventures of Yougster Joey, should be a hack? And along the way, meeting NPC's like the shorts kid and the girl who wanted a Munna. Also give some light to MissingNo.
Youngster Joey.. getting his own hack? Ugh. So many people are fixated on Joey. He is probably the most over-acknowledged NPC in Pokemon history as a whole lol.

But, I have to admit. I am curious to see what a hacker might come up with for Joey's story. Maybe you have some other ideas to add?
Old August 22nd, 2014, 01:47 PM
DJTiKi

Quote:
Save states break immersion for me, so I was trying to think of a way to make a quick save feature that would make sense. Maybe an HM move that functions as a quick save?
It'd be very similar to teleport. Besides, it's not like the game comes built in with save states. I personally don't use them, excpet for legendary hunting.

Quote:
Ah, I've got an idea for Mew, but it's not very fleshed out in the least. Check the spoiler below.
Spoiler:
So Mew is a truly ancient Pokemon, right? It was thought to be extremely powerful, and that's why it's DNA was used to create Mewtwo. Why was Mew believed to be so powerful? When I look at Mew, I see one of the cutest Pokemon of all time! There must be a story behind the supposed power that Mew possesses if these crazy humans would go to such lengths to replicate it's power! Maybe there was a war between two groups of humans and Mew came along and stopped it? Maybe the world was being threatened by a truly powerful Pokemon in ancient times and Mew saved the world? Maybe one of the scientists involved was saved by Mew when he/she was a child? I have no idea where I could go with this one, so I'll just leave it in this thread. Fair game, everyone!
Yeah it seems rather odd, that Mew was tested on. It isn't as strong as Mewtwo and it was just joyfully playing around. I personally think that Mew ran away from Kanto and went to Mirage Islands in Hoenn(where you can catch it). That could tie together some good plot elements, tying Kanto, which is tied to Johto, to Hoenn, which is also tied to Kalos. Mew probably had something to do with the supposive war in Kanto(as Lt.Surge said) This is an intresting concept. So you think that there is bigger reason, Mew can learn all TM's and HM's, despite them being manmade?

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that when a town is gaining citizens, strong trainers come together and build a gym, then the strongest of which is nominated as the Gym's leader. So, if we wanted to do Blaine's story, we would need to go back to a time when Cinnabar was first discovered/people started moving there. Blaine would have to prove himself to the other trainers that were gathering. I think that would probably work quite well for any of the Gym leaders in general. Koga talks of his ninja training, so I was able to make a tiny little story with that as the basis. Most other gym leaders don't have anything that stands out that much tome, so they didn't come to mind as readily. I've also seen talk of a possible hack where the player is Lt. Surge, and you experience the war that he mentioned back in Gen I "My Pokemon saved me during the war..." so that's another example. One last little note: Flannery. She's extremely interesting to me, since she is so new to being a Gym Leader, and has little confidence. I think her story would be a funny one! Any ideas relating to the topics I've submitted here?
I feel as Blaine, had a major part in saving people from Cinnabar. That is probably how he got the postion. Koga and whats her face, Koga's daughter, are both tied. One is a Gym Leader in Kantom and the other is in Johto. Obviously, there is some bloddline, going on. Perhaps, Koga's entire family is ninjas! Flannery, is awesome <3 But I have no idea about her. May need to look up a few things.

Quote:
Who, who and who? I have no idea who those three are. Must be Gen IV+ lol.
They are Generation 5 actually xD

Quote:
Youngster Joey.. getting his own hack? Ugh. So many people are fixated on Joey. He is probably the most over-acknowledged NPC in Pokemon history as a whole lol.

But, I have to admit. I am curious to see what a hacker might come up with for Joey's story. Maybe you have some other ideas to add?
I just want Youngster Joey to have a super powerful Rattata, that can't evolve, and goes on a journey through Kanto and Johto to claim all 16 Badges, and Battle Red, his most powerful "rival" xD

Old August 22nd, 2014, 07:24 PM
Prixy

Quote:
It'd be very similar to teleport. Besides, it's not like the game comes built in with save states. I personally don't use them, excpet for legendary hunting.
I like to use them to catch Legendaries with either a Normal Pokeball or a Premier (Premier ONLY in RSE, Normal Pokeball in FR/LG) so I understand that one. I'd probably do the same for a Shiny lol.
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler:
Yeah it seems rather odd, that Mew was tested on. It isn't as strong as Mewtwo and it was just joyfully playing around. I personally think that Mew ran away from Kanto and went to Mirage Islands in Hoenn(where you can catch it). That could tie together some good plot elements, tying Kanto, which is tied to Johto, to Hoenn, which is also tied to Kalos. Mew probably had something to do with the supposive war in Kanto(as Lt.Surge said) This is an intresting concept. So you think that there is bigger reason, Mew can learn all TM's and HM's, despite them being manmade?
"Isn't as strong as Mewtwo" I laughed. I think in Gen I the only Pokemon that could truly stand up against Mewtwo was Mew itself. Just had to get that out there lol.

How where Technical Machines and Hidden Machines first invented? I never was able to find out. I wonder if TMs and HMs were actually a result of the same genetic tests that created Mewtwo? That would explain why Mew is compatible with every one of them.
Quote:
I feel as Blaine, had a major part in saving people from Cinnabar. That is probably how he got the postion. Koga and whats her face, Koga's daughter, are both tied. One is a Gym Leader in Kantom and the other is in Johto. Obviously, there is some bloddline, going on. Perhaps, Koga's entire family is ninjas! Flannery, is awesome <3 But I have no idea about her. May need to look up a few things.
It's been so long since I played Sapphire.. I remember Flannery mentioned something about her father being a great leader or at least a very strong trainer, but I can't remember who he was. That one fact brings dozens of ideas to my mind. What was her first Pokemon? Where did she begin her journey? Did she challenge the E4? Did she fail? Could we have a hack that actually REQUIRES you to lose at the E4? Plenty of little ideas spring forth from this one little thing. Flannery has always been one of my favorite Gym Leaders. But that was mostly because she looked so cute, while not having a really weird fashion sense lol. She seemed very down to earth and realistic after she was defeated in R/S (Never bought a copy of Emerald, so I haven't played it)
Quote:
They are Generation 5 actually xD
Oh, I see. I am only familiar with Gen I, II, and III. Never had a DS of my own, so Gen IV and up are completely alien to me lol. If you don't have a physical copy of the game, you can't legally emulate, after all!
Quote:
I just want Youngster Joey to have a super powerful Rattata, that can't evolve, and goes on a journey through Kanto and Johto to claim all 16 Badges, and Battle Red, his most powerful "rival" xD
You want Joey to have a super powerful Rattata that can't evolve? Hmm.

That gives me another idea:
Spoiler:
Non-Evolution idea - Imagine a Fire Red hack that had all evolved forms removed and we only had the basic non-evolved Pokemon in the game. (Only Gen I Pokemon) I remember in GSC we had the Magikarp being forced to evolve, well, why not go the opposite route? Why not prevent Pokemon from evolving for an entire game? Just need to find a way to explain how all of the other Pokemon reverted into their former evolutionary stages.. Also, what could cause this? At first I was thinking some kind of airborne toxin, based on the idea of PokeRus. Maybe it's not so harmless after all!
Old August 22nd, 2014, 07:43 PM
DJTiKi

Quote:
You want Joey to have a super powerful Rattata that can't evolve? Hmm.

That gives me another idea:
Spoiler:
Non-Evolution idea - Imagine a Fire Red hack that had all evolved forms removed and we only had the basic non-evolved Pokemon in the game. (Only Gen I Pokemon) I remember in GSC we had the Magikarp being forced to evolve, well, why not go the opposite route? Why not prevent Pokemon from evolving for an entire game? Just need to find a way to explain how all of the other Pokemon reverted into their former evolutionary stages.. Also, what could cause this? At first I was thinking some kind of airborne toxin, based on the idea of PokeRus. Maybe it's not so harmless after all!
You're just saying that, so that Vulpix is extremely powerful. XD A hack, in which its stories and mechanics are completely turned on its head. And by that, everything is turned upside down. That wohld be cool. We have Inverse battles and such., alreasy.

Old August 22nd, 2014, 08:01 PM
Prixy

Quote:
You're just saying that, so that Vulpix is extremely powerful. XD A hack, in which its stories and mechanics are completely turned on its head. And by that, everything is turned upside down. That wohld be cool. We have Inverse battles and such., alreasy.
Shush, you. But yes, I admit.. I just want to make Vulpix OP. But don't worry, in this hack I'm also going to make a couple of other Pokemon super OP. Now, we won't have game breaking stats, nothing over the top. Everything will be kept within a certain limit. But I'm already working on that hack lol. Got the Evolution taken care of already, going to edit wild Pokemon so we can't run into any evolved forms next. After that comes the fun part: Editing all of the trainers so they can't use Evolved Pokemon. Yay, this is going to take forever. -.-

There are so many possibilities with the Pokemon In Game Engine, yet we rarely see hacks that actually utilize the features available. This thread might help a bit in that regard as well.

Let's change the entire Hacking community for the better!
Old August 23rd, 2014, 01:47 AM
Codename Peace
Your beta-tester to the rescue.......

Nature: Modest
You know, that would be a good idea, if I completed Pokemon Modified(and I would), I will do this hack.

What will be the name?
Easy, Pokemon Unevolved Fire Red or Unevolved Emerald/Ruby.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:00 AM
Prixy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename Peace View Post
You know, that would be a good idea, if I completed Pokemon Modified(and I would), I will do this hack.

What will be the name?
Easy, Pokemon Unevolved Fire Red or Unevolved Emerald/Ruby.
Sapphire is ignored again. *cries*

Okay, I'm done pouting.

*ahem* Got about halfway through the wild Pokemon edit and realized that I made a fatal error. Had to restart. (I was using a Leaf Green ROM. What the heck -.- I must have been REALLY tired lol) and then right before I get started, I come check the forum for messages and replies, and I see this post. I can't wait to see what you do with this idea! Good luck, and have fun!

Also, I have another idea I'd like to share this morning. (7:57 AM lol)
Spoiler:
Old Man's story - Has anyone ever wondered about that old man in Viridian City that teaches us how to catch Pokemon way back in Generation I? I think he was a Pokemon League Champion! But what was his team like? Was Weedle his first Pokemon? How did he catch the only Weedle in Pokemon Yellow? (haxxor)

This old man was once a boy like Red, eager to start his journey, eager to learn everything he could and start catching Pokemon and seeing the world. Having been born in Viridian City, there was no Pokemon Professor to give him his first Pokemon. He had to earn it. On his 10th birthday the boy was standing outside of Viridian Gym, hoping to ask the Gym Leader to let him borrow a Pokemon and a Pokeball so he could catch his first Pokemon, when he heard a woman screaming. Naturally, he went running to see what the fuss was about. Imagine his surprise when a group of more than 20 Weedles were eating through the local PokeMart's supply of Pokemon food! After chasing them off, the boy turns to see the Pokemon League Champion who has just caught one of the Weedles. The Champion gives the Weedle to the boy and thanks him for his bravery, saying that Viridian City was his home town.

And that's all I've got. Any feedback for this one? :)
Old August 23rd, 2014, 08:10 AM
DismalAmoeba

I've got an idea.

Pokemon God-Tier:

Ever went to Wi-Fi and got sick of all the legendary noobs?

Well, what if all the Pokemon received movepool changes, BST changes, new evolutions (or Megas, depending), possibly type changes and new abilities to reach God-tier?

All Pokemon would their BSTs changed to accommodate the new stat increases. Each Pokemon would be viable in their own way. Trainers would have diverse movesets, along with the Champion, along with unpredictable movesets.

You can't really complain about Legendaries when your Pokemon are as powerful as them too.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 08:50 AM
DJTiKi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DismalAmoeba View Post
I've got an idea.

Pokemon God-Tier:

Ever went to Wi-Fi and got sick of all the legendary noobs?

Well, what if all the Pokemon received movepool changes, BST changes, new evolutions (or Megas, depending), possibly type changes and new abilities to reach God-tier?

All Pokemon would their BSTs changed to accommodate the new stat increases. Each Pokemon would be viable in their own way. Trainers would have diverse movesets, along with the Champion, along with unpredictable movesets.

You can't really complain about Legendaries when your Pokemon are as powerful as them too.
Just to point out, it is Uber Tier not God :p. But that idea sounds pretty good. It wouldn't take long to just change the Pokemon. But there is a reason they are legendary. Perhaps a reason to all this...

Maybe like some cataclysmic event happened. Or some sort of story..,

Old August 23rd, 2014, 08:57 AM
Dark Sneasel
dem Verdanturf flowers are sexy
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
When I was new to hacking, I had an idea to make a little hack for practice, that was FR, but from Blue, or Green, whatever you wanna call him's perspective. It was going to be just for fun, and have Red always have level 100 Pokemon... haha, right now I could do it easily if I wanted, but I don't wanna, so if anyone wants to use this idea, go ahead!

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old August 23rd, 2014, 09:39 PM
Codename Peace

Quote:
Sapphire is ignored again. *cries*

Okay, I'm done pouting.

*ahem* Got about halfway through the wild Pokemon edit and realized that I made a fatal error. Had to restart. (I was using a Leaf Green ROM. What the heck -.- I must have been REALLY tired lol) and then right before I get started, I come check the forum for messages and replies, and I see this post. I can't wait to see what you do with this idea! Good luck, and have fun!

Also, I have another idea I'd like to share this morning. (7:57 AM lol)
Spoiler:
Old Man's story - Has anyone ever wondered about that old man in Viridian City that teaches us how to catch Pokemon way back in Generation I? I think he was a Pokemon League Champion! But what was his team like? Was Weedle his first Pokemon? How did he catch the only Weedle in Pokemon Yellow? (haxxor)

This old man was once a boy like Red, eager to start his journey, eager to learn everything he could and start catching Pokemon and seeing the world. Having been born in Viridian City, there was no Pokemon Professor to give him his first Pokemon. He had to earn it. On his 10th birthday the boy was standing outside of Viridian Gym, hoping to ask the Gym Leader to let him borrow a Pokemon and a Pokeball so he could catch his first Pokemon, when he heard a woman screaming. Naturally, he went running to see what the fuss was about. Imagine his surprise when a group of more than 20 Weedles were eating through the local PokeMart's supply of Pokemon food! After chasing them off, the boy turns to see the Pokemon League Champion who has just caught one of the Weedles. The Champion gives the Weedle to the boy and thanks him for his bravery, saying that Viridian City was his home town.

And that's all I've got. Any feedback for this one?
I don't know how to hack Sapphire, sorry.
And I heard that Ruby was easy to start with. :p
Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:41 PM
DJTiKi

Quote:
I don't know how to hack Sapphire, sorry.
And I heard that Ruby was easy to start with. :p
Ruby has a hacked engine in the works actually :p

The code is very similar, I persume.

Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:46 PM
Codename Peace

Quote:

But there's bugs,
Maybe, Emerald, I think the starters will be,
Vulpix(tribute to Prixy), Chikorita, and Squirtle.
Old August 24th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Prixy

Quote:

From what I've heard (I never really looked that deep into RSE ROMs) Sapphire is a "hacking nightmare" because offsets were poorly placed, and there is a lot of wasted space. According to some of the hacking legends (hackers that I consider legends lol) Sapphire was poorly designed on the coding level, and is more difficult to hack because of it. Ruby was coded in a far more simple way, and also similar to other Pokemon games, so it's the obvious choice for hackers.

But that's all the more reason for me to hope for more Sapphire hacks! There are very few tools that support Sapphire, after all. And most that have support for Sapphire only offer limited support, or have major bugs.

I just loved Sapphire more, since the cover is blue. <3 And it was also the first Gen III game I played lol.
Quote:
But there's bugs, :(
Maybe, Emerald, I think the starters will be,
Vulpix(tribute to Prixy), Chikorita, and Squirtle.
Okay, you've got my attention. Chikorita is one of my favorite Pokemon, and it goes without saying that I really appreciate the tribute! I'll definitely choose Vulpix, but I have to ask, why Squirtle? Just curious lol. So many water choices.
Old August 24th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Codename Peace

Quote:
From what I've heard (I never really looked that deep into RSE ROMs) Sapphire is a "hacking nightmare" because offsets were poorly placed, and there is a lot of wasted space. According to some of the hacking legends (hackers that I consider legends lol) Sapphire was poorly designed on the coding level, and is more difficult to hack because of it. Ruby was coded in a far more simple way, and also similar to other Pokemon games, so it's the obvious choice for hackers.

But that's all the more reason for me to hope for more Sapphire hacks! There are very few tools that support Sapphire, after all. And most that have support for Sapphire only offer limited support, or have major bugs.

I just loved Sapphire more, since the cover is blue. <3 And it was also the first Gen III game I played lol.

Okay, you've got my attention. Chikorita is one of my favorite Pokemon, and it goes without saying that I really appreciate the tribute! I'll definitely choose Vulpix, but I have to ask, why Squirtle? Just curious lol. So many water choices.
And I think Ruby/Emerald is much more decent than Sapphire, and about the starters, um, I don't know, Squirtle is one of my favorite Pokemon, you already have your Pokemon,

Anyways, want to help out?
Old August 24th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Prixy

Quote:
And I think Ruby/Emerald is much more decent than Sapphire, and about the starters, um, I don't know, Squirtle is one of my favorite Pokemon, you already have your Pokemon,{XD}

Anyways, want to help out?
I'm having some computer issues, and my ISP is fail-tastic. My internet comes and goes as it pleases and my computer is on it's last legs.

Once I sort out these kinds of problems, I might get back into hacking (Okay, I definitely will lol) but that's a ways off yet. And to be honest, I fail at Hacking Teams lol. I get confused way too easily. xD
Old August 24th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Codename Peace

Quote:
I'm having some computer issues, and my ISP is fail-tastic. My internet comes and goes as it pleases and my computer is on it's last legs.

Once I sort out these kinds of problems, I might get back into hacking (Okay, I definitely will lol) but that's a ways off yet. And to be honest, I fail at Hacking Teams lol. I get confused way too easily. xD
That's okay!
I'm gonna start a team thread once my hack is accomplished.
Old August 24th, 2014, 01:39 PM
DJTiKi

What if there was a Pokémon ROM, which celebrated ROM Hacking as a whole. It had cameos from a bunch of ROM hacks. Of course, there would need to be a bunch of people to asj for permissions, but ut would be cool, to see your favorite hacks all joined together.

Old August 24th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Codename Peace

Quote:
What if there was a Pokémon ROM, which celebrated ROM Hacking as a whole. It had cameos from a bunch of ROM hacks. Of course, there would need to be a bunch of people to asj for permissions, but ut would be cool, to see your favorite hacks all joined together.
Yeah, like, you can pick what storyline, Glazed, Resolute, etc.
And, if you pick a gender, you pick what trainer sprite you want, you can pick Glazed trainer sprite, Resolute, etc.

I hope it can be done though.
Old August 24th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Wow. Tbh this idea is really amazing. Well, since I'm posting I've got plenty of ideas that I didn't put on my last hack that I abandoned. Hopefully, this would be helpful and no, the ideas here are for you to understand, I'm not making a story out of it!

Surf/Dive idea
Spoiler:

I know this is possible but when you dive/surf, you ride on a wailmer, I think. I don't find that good. It can be changed to a better Pokemon such as Kingdra etc.

Change of Bike idea
Spoiler:

Yeah, since we're on a Pokemon world. Might as well change the ones we're riding at, makes the game more fun to play. Instead of using bike for a fast journey, why not a Pokemon that can run and carry the hero. This can also be change such as using Nidorino etc.

Other protagonist and stories
Spoiler:

This idea is clearly great. I saw the fatkid hack of LePug and his team, I find it very interesting to play. It gives other play more thrill in their minds like "Oh, finally! A character with sense of humor to be used!" What I'm trying to say is, all of the idea are almost the hero wakes up and gets a Pokemon from a Professor, then why not change how it goes? Like the hero got a lost Pokemon and protect that Pokemon from danger, then the hero earns trust, something like that. The change of hero doesn't need to have good appearance to some, some need funny looks or just use the NPC in game.

Past/Future times
Spoiler:

Now, we all know that the time of the hack is always at the present to the future. What about playing a hack on its past time only? Or like the hero is from the past and somewhat got into the future and do what he/she has to? Time ideas are clearly fascinating!

Good to Evil
Spoiler:

I actually never played a hack that the hero became the bad guy in the end. Saw this idea might help the others.

Play as the Professor
Spoiler:

This idea is great! Nobody have done this. Play as the Professor and do the research on your own. Probably the hack is all about knowing Pokemon and just research all about them, complete the dex and such.

Play as the Gym Leader/Elite four/Champion
Spoiler:

Idea same as the above but it's like battling over and over.

As for the play as ideas, it actually depends on what story you have for them.
You can make it interesting or not, it's all on you. Making the idea awesome depends on how you use the idea and how you make them. I find all my ideas great. I wouldn't mind one day you'll find my ideas useful. Lastly..

Online/Anime or making putting the pokemon out of the game idea
Spoiler:

Have you watched SAO (Sword Art Online)? Or Accel world? Making the Protagonist stuck on the game and only have Pokemon as protection, make guilds and such. But it would be better if you just make a pokemon hack based on anime only. Which means no Pokemon and just anime, can anyone just do that? Yes, It's possible. Making the idea of Pokemon out of the game and just basically hacking the Pokemon and making it into one based story from any anime to be used.

Ideas are simply fascinating, but what makes them fascinating is that you can actually make them happen
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links