The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Scytha
mass effect freak

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here

Rated Map:
Spoiler:

Rating: 7/10

Reason: It's a great map, but there are a few things bugging me.

Suggestions:
The thing that's bugging me is the contrast between the two textures of snow, really.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
So, I took in some of the CC on my map, and I changed some things.

Map Name: Serenity Village

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: I changed some palettes, and got rid of the green grass. (although not entirely). The water is part of a lake, and It's not a water route. And to be honest, I don't really like those flowers much......

Mapshot:

Spoiler:

tumblr - twitter - steam

Last edited by Scytha; August 4th, 2010 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 4th, 2010, 02:36 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket's Raichu View Post

Instead of text ratings. I like marking the tile errors then giving a rating on a scale of 0 to 5.

4/5 Pretty good as I assume you are new.
Well, you better start doing text ratings because this is nowhere near detailed enough. :<

paired with christos
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM
ase
learning How to Hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to ase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytha View Post

Rated Map:
Spoiler:

Reason: It's a great map, but there are a few things bugging me.

Suggestions:
The thing that's bugging me is the contrast between the two textures of snow, really.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
So, I took in some of the CC on my map, and I changed some things.

Comments: I changed some palettes, and got rid of the green grass. (although not entirely). The water is part of a lake, and It's not a water route. And to be honest, I don't really like those flowers much......

Mapshot:

Spoiler:

Rating: 6.7/10
Reason: It's a decent map but its pretty bland.
Suggestions: Add more foilage to it and a puddle wouldn't hurt much either.

Map Name: Unnamed
Map Game: Fire red
Credits: Disturbed
Comments: Just a practice map.
Map shot:
Spoiler:

follow the link below
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

DBZ: Possibly the BEST anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature

Last edited by ase; August 4th, 2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Reviewed Map:
Quote:

Mapshot:

Spoiler:
Review: This map isn't that bad... but you'll have border problems unless there is a map south of this map. And some parts of the sidewalk is bigger than others, which is bad. Especially the part where you don't have room to add another corner. And those three trees look random.
Suggestions: Make the side walk look equal, and add some flowers near the top part of the map.

Last edited by Kevin; August 4th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Chaos190
Likes to Hack Pokemon

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziquaza View Post

Rating: 3/10
Comments: This map is very, very squarish. The houses have NO space at all. The only good thing about this map is the tiles and palletes.
Moving on...
Name: Route 1
ROM: FireRed
Hack: Fury of Shadows
Credits:
/Circa- For creating the base ROMBase (XD)
Manipulation- Creating the secendary ROMBase
And to the people who made the tiles.
Map:
Spoiler:

Self comments: Basically it's a training route at the start of the game. There's an event to get Torchic here9 Not going into tiny details. XD
Review: Indeed I do like the tiles, but there is a problem
The mountain cannot be grass and mountain in the same level. It looks unnatural. The ledge in the middle is wierd unless the torchich event is there. Add bushes to the map. I notice that in your map. At the left I suggest just a little more rocks. Also, there is a little too much grass, There isn't much room to without grass.
Suggestions: In the Review
Rating: 6.6/10

Now for my map in the attachments.
Map Name: MT. Pallet
Rom Base: Ruby
Credits: Reck and Banjora
Comments: Well I posted another map that wasn't rated so, I already updated it, so might as well post the better version of the map. Please give my map a rating and hit with your best shot because I will improve it.
Attached Images
File Type: png MT. Pallet V2.png‎ (35.7 KB, 129 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Would you like to be in a hacking team? Become a great hacker at the Chaos Productions!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220406
------------------------------------------------
Support

Credits to aSeRo141414

Old August 4th, 2010, 05:45 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos190
Now for my map in the attachments.
Comments: Well I posted another map that wasn't rated so, I already updated it, so might as well post the better version of the map. Please give my map a rating and hit with your best shot because I will improve it.
Review: I like this map - Its nice, simple and pretty cool. The flowers are nicely placed and the paths are done very well. The only real thing that bugs me is the one-tile paths created by the sign next to the lab and the staircase down the mountain

Other than that, this is a very good map which would be great ingame :)

Suggestions: Change the positioning of the lab's sign and widen the staicase.
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by ase View Post
Rating: 6.7/10
Reason: It's a decent map but its pretty bland.
Suggestions: Add more foilage to it and a puddle wouldn't hurt much either.

Map shot:
Spoiler:
Everything is too square. The paths are too square, the mountains, the trees. Add a bit of freehand mapping to these, make them as randomly shaped and free as possible. Flowers are better spread randomly, not all in a pattern (well.. Unless that pattern is pretty, not a block in the middle, and a line at the top). I'd try to make this map a little less square, and the free space is... Weird. Some bits seem too narrow to me, whereas others are too big.

However, there are no errors I can see (well... Other than border block, but I don't think you can see it in this map). Well, there is one, on the mountains, look near the top edge. That can be fixed. But... Yeah. Fix that error, make the map more random for trees, mountains and paths, and definitely flowers, and don't add the same type of buildings in a row. Mix and match. Make the buildings be placed with variety, if you could?

5/10 (As the map is playable, only a few issues. Fix these, it will go higher)

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 5th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

errr i did Spoiler it. :/

My review:

While i can't see anything wrong with it, theres the devil of the single tile walkway, which i wouldnt care about, but it's the only way of accessing the area.

The tiles ae nice as theyre the ones i've adopted .

While i can't see anything majorly wrong, its nothing special so i feel it's deserving of the mark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Northwest Route 1
Game: Hyacinth
COmments: You enter at the bottom. Top left route leads to a bypass of the next town. Top right and center leads to the next town. In the middle is a forest dungeon.
Here's your spoiler...
Spoiler:
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old August 5th, 2010, 08:02 AM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resultz View Post
COmments: You enter at the bottom. Top left route leads to a bypass of the next town. Top right and center leads to the next town. In the middle is a forest dungeon.
Here's your spoiler...
Spoiler:
Rating: 8.5/10
C&C: Very well executed. It's an enormous map, but it's neither complicated to the point of frustration nor too open to be interesting. If I were to change one thing, I'd make the tall grass a little less uniform. Make some random one-or-two-tile patches of short grass where the tall grass is and some patches of tall grass where there isn't any. Just a few to give it a more natural feel.

--------------------------------------------------

Map: Destiny Cave (working title)
Hack: Iolite (not enough progress to post on PC yet...)
ROM Base: Ruby (U) [AVXE]
Comments: It's an ice maze. I LOOOOOOVE making ice mazes. This one is the most difficult I've done so far. (Ignore Groudon, he's a placeholder for a different Pokémon. )
Spoiler:

And a screenie, 'cuz the full map doesn't show the fog, or how little of the maze you can actually see on-screen in the game.

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old August 5th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Reviewed Map:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
Comments: It's an ice maze. I LOOOOOOVE making ice mazes. This one is the most difficult I've done so far. (Ignore Groudon, he's a placeholder for a different Pokémon. )
Spoiler:

And a screenie, 'cuz the full map doesn't show the fog, or how little of the maze you can actually see on-screen in the game.
Review: Wow! That cave looks good. I would like to go in there. =D And Groudon is a placeholder? It better be. It wouldn't like the icyness of the cave. And the thing that bothers me is that random mountain on the left bottom corner side. It's random.
Suggestions: Remove that random mountain in the left bottom corner.

Map Name: Route 301
Map Game: FireRed
Comments: This map I made for fun. Credits to Kyledove and Alucus for tiles ~
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Old August 5th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Surmonter
Hear No Evil

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
Mapshot:
[/FONT]
Spoiler:
From the name of the route, and the way it looks I am assuming it is a very minor beginning route, am I correct?

From that assumption I will give it a 9/10.

The tiles and palettes are very nice.
For a beginning route it is very simple, just like they should be. It's easy on the eyes, and has a simple layout. It also looks like it will be a route that you rarely use.

Simplicity is good in the right place.

The only suggestion I have is to make it longer and add another patch of grass.
Are you an ally?

Are you looking for a friend?
Maybe some advice?
Or maybe just a place to feel normal?

Go to EmptyClosets.

Starstruck★ :Pair
Shinies :Important Links
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Steveice10
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Mapshot:
[/FONT]
Spoiler:
Rating: 10/10

Reason: That is a beginning route, no? It is very simple like an early route and has a great tileset. I especially like the grass. Nice job.

Suggestions: I don't think there is any need for improvment.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Map Name: Underwater City

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: It is a city that is underwater. I couldn't fix the green grass around the buildings without messing up the buildings everywhere else.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Old August 5th, 2010, 04:12 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Review: While this is suppossed to be a simple map, I get the feeling that it is to simple. Your general construction of the map is good, but I really feel like you've made it bland by using the path tiles in an unbroken line across the entire map. You can keep the top part easy, but that doesn't mean it has to be bland :)

Suggestions: Break up the path and add in some features like small trees, more grass and flowers through out the map (Particularly across the top).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveice10 View Post
Map Name: Underwater City

Comments: It is a city that is underwater. I couldn't fix the green grass around the buildings without messing up the buildings everywhere else.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Review: I'm afraid that this map isn't that great - There is almost nothing going on and the map itself is big and empty. I know there aren't many underwater tiles, but that is all the more reason to make this type of map more interesting. Add is some tower cliffs, deep chasms, out-of-bounds seaweed - Anything to make this map look fun and exciting.

I'm not sure how you are suppossed to use the mart or Pokemon Centre as the small ledges prevent access. You should definately rethink this part of your mapping.

Suggestions: As I said, shake up the map - Think of something you can put in it, and do it. Please move or remove the small ledges, they are more of a hindrance than a help.

If you do those things and incorporate a little bit of imagination, you may have an excellent map on your hands :D
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Steveice10
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Spoiler:

Reason: Pretty Good map. Nice maze. Looks pretty tough

Suggestions: Maybe a few less rocks?

Map Name: Underwater City (new)

Comments: I've completely redone it from scratch and want to know what you think. And the grass has no pokemon data, it's just for decoration.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Steveice10; August 6th, 2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Chaos190
Likes to Hack Pokemon

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Rated Map:

Reason: Pretty Good map. Nice maze. Looks pretty tough

Suggestions: Maybe a few less rocks?

Comments: I've completely redone it from scratch and want to know what you think.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Off-Topic why do you rate all the other maps 10/10 you need to give solid feedback >_< It's more Generic the way you rate it.

Review: Wild Underwater grass in an underwater city?
Underwater cites I think don't fit well with games at all. The tiles unless you've done correctly coloring it over won't look good. All the houses don't look good at all.

Suggestions: I don't think anyone should do underwater cites. Try a different approach on maps not these underwater maps. Try routes to start out before you go to difficult maps.

Would you like to be in a hacking team? Become a great hacker at the Chaos Productions!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220406
Support

Credits to aSeRo141414

Old August 6th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Rated Map:
Quote:

Comments: I've completely redone it from scratch and want to know what you think. And the grass has no pokemon data, it's just for decoration.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Rating: 2/10
Reason: Underwater towns? Sounds weird. =\ And use block editor to changethe grass under the buildings if you keep up with underwater cities. Also, add more to these mountains. Flat mountains are weird. And tall grass in a city in general is weird.
Suggestions: Remove grass under the buildings. But--an underwater city isn't real cool... Especially the way you map it. The buildings are too bright and make it not look underwater. I suggest making a general above-water city.
P.S. Why rate everything 10/10? Not good feedback.

Map Name: Greenwood Town
Map Hack: Pokemon Destiny: Legend of Death
Credits: Wesley FG and Kyledove for tiles~ I forgot who the house's tiles owner is VM me if you know...
Comments: I think it's a decent town. I like it, and the sidewalk's shape is pretty good I'm guessing.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Old August 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Rated Map:

Rating: 2/10
Reason: Underwater towns? Sounds weird. =\ And use block editor to changethe grass under the buildings if you keep up with underwater cities. Also, add more to these mountains. Flat mountains are weird. And tall grass in a city in general is weird.
Suggestions: Remove grass under the buildings. But--an underwater city isn't real cool... Especially the way you map it. The buildings are too bright and make it not look underwater. I suggest making a general above-water city.
P.S. Why rate everything 10/10? Not good feedback.

Credits: Wesley FG and Kyledove for tiles~ I forgot who the house's tiles owner is VM me if you know...
Comments: I think it's a decent town. I like it, and the sidewalk's shape is pretty good I'm guessing.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Well I have to say the tree placement is to straight and the mountain placement is very straight as well.
Try to give a constructed shape like curvy and unsquared and try to make the mountain more well mountainous.
Overall I give you a 5\10
just fix up the placement of tree and mountain and give it more shape.
Old August 6th, 2010, 02:03 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote:
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
The main thing that irks me about this map (and your previous one) is the lack of features that typically dot most maps. In other words, you don't use any flowers, bushes, rocks, that type of stuff. Furthermore, similar to your other map, this map has nothing special about it. A good map will usually have some unique characteristic that I can remember it by or some cool concept that hasn't been tried yet. But this map doesn't have anything like that or anything that separates it from any other map. It seems like you're aiming for the Nintendo style but this map is overly simple and plain. You should try to spice things up a little, first by adding some of the aforementioned shrubbery. Second, you should try to vary your use of the grass tile. It doesn't look good when you only use one of the four or five that are available to you. Third, the paths are just too straight and uniform in width for my tastes (though this isn't so much of a problem if you're going for the Nintendo feel). There are a number of other, smaller issues (e.g., the tile errors with the trees at the top of the map, the way you used the cave opening, the inconsistency in tile style) but those are the main things. In general, it wouldn't hurt to think a little more "outside-the-box" when mapping. After all, mapping requires a great deal of creativity and without it, all your maps will end up looking the same.

Oh and, as a side note, always save your maps/pixel art in .png format. JPEGs always look bad.

Brother of Vrai
Old August 6th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

I'm bored.
No rating from me, they seem too objective. I'm not going to say one map is better than another just because it has a higher rating. I certainly hope no one has a problem with that.

Quote:

Mapshot:

Spoiler:
It's not really that good. The map is dominated by sand paths and the rest of the map suffers because of it. It's also filled with many tile errors, especially tree shading errors. The fence just seems unnecessary and the 2 solitary bushes make no sense. The flowers are in one spot, and it can't really be helped when the sand paths are in the rest of the map. The one tile paths are just annoying, I'd suggest to not have them at all in towns, especially when they're right in front of sign posts. The palettes aren't really the best as you changed the grass and tree palettes. The sand paths and houses don't fit in as much with those palettes, but I guess it's acceptable.

Make the sand paths smaller, add more flowers, fix the tile errors, make the map more open at the one tile wide paths, and it's not necessary, but you should make the palettes work with the sand paths more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase View Post
Map shot:
Spoiler:
Oh my, this certainly is a square map. I can't really say anything about this that wasn't already said in the first sentence. This is a town and not a city, so putting the houses in such an ersatz is a no-no, especially to this degree. Spread the flowers out more, make that cave at least seem like it has a purpose, and please fix the borders. Make the trees continue off of the map, the border tiles should fix it.

Just don't make it feel completely artificial and give it some shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos190 View Post
It's um…small. The houses don't really fit that much with the tiles. The one tile wide stairs are irritating and so is the one tile path to the lower house. I'm pretty sure the tiles of the small trees against the mountains are tile errors. And the mountain follows itself too much.

Change the houses, fix the tile errors, and please don't make one tile wide paths.
Quote:
Here's your spoiler...
Spoiler:
Both halves of the map are certainly missing something that makes them really nice looking. The bottom half doesn't really have flowers that are spread out over it. The mountain just looks like it's there for the lulz and the lake is similar, although it should have lake tiles. The house looks just as pointless as the mountain. The top half is just missing something that makes it look more diverse. It's somewhat of a big fault, to me at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
Comments: It's an ice maze. I LOOOOOOVE making ice mazes. This one is the most difficult I've done so far. (Ignore Groudon, he's a placeholder for a different Pokémon. ^^)
Spoiler:

And a screenie, 'cuz the full map doesn't show the fog, or how little of the maze you can actually see on-screen in the game. ^^
It certainly is hard to navigate. When making an ice puzzle you have to remember that you need to give the players a small spot for a break. The mountain border also looks terribly linear for something like an ice cave.

Fix the mountain shape and put some small floor patches so the player can have a break. It looks irritating otherwise.
Quote:
[B]Map Name: Route 301
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
It's extremely empty. The sand paths are pretty big and I don't know how much people actually like when that happens. I have a lot of trouble rating maps that don't have much happening in them, so this is the most I can do for this map.

Add some flowers to make the map more vivid, after slightly thinning the sand paths of course.

Quote:
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Ugh, fat sand paths again. The gym and house feel too out of place and it lacks flowers. The mountains are incredibly organized, and I don't know why, but I have a problem with "one tile wide" mountains, they just don't fit in any maps PERSONALLY. The sand paths don't go up to the houses despite being so big, and those one tile wide paths yet again. I know it shouldn't be much of a problem, but it's just a pet peeve.

Fix the paths, add something to make the map more vivid, and use more fitting tiles please.

If I didn't rate your maps, I most likely have a reason to.
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Reviewed Map:
Quote:
Here's your spoiler...
Spoiler:
Review: This isn't that bad... It reminds me a whole lot like that route west of Petalburg though. I dunno why. And that house in the middle of nowhere seems out of the blue. You flower placement isn't that bad though. But what I don't like--the fact that the big trees isn't part of that forest, and the small trees are the forest. You should switch it. =P And that mountain is really random.
Suggestions: Switch the big trees with small trees and vise versa. Also, Add more stuff to the route. The empty space could have more tall grass/flowers. Replace that mountain also with trees.

Map Name: Rosaceus Town
Comments: I thought of what you guys said, so here, a new map. I hope it is better. I actually tried on this map. =P
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:20 PM
pkmntrainerpaul
New account: P-Sign

Quote:
Reviewed Map:

Review: This isn't that bad... It reminds me a whole lot like that route west of Petalburg though. I dunno why. And that house in the middle of nowhere seems out of the blue. You flower placement isn't that bad though. But what I don't like--the fact that the big trees isn't part of that forest, and the small trees are the forest. You should switch it. =P And that mountain is really random.
Suggestions: Switch the big trees with small trees and vise versa. Also, Add more stuff to the route. The empty space could have more tall grass/flowers. Replace that mountain also with trees.

Map Name: Rosaceus Town
Comments: I thought of what you guys said, so here, a new map. I hope it is better. I actually tried on this map. =P
Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Rating: 8/10
Reason: This map is really nice, but I think you've used too much flowers around the water. Also, try making a flower path more diagonally, not in squares like the flowers next to the gym.

Map Name: Silver Valley
Map Game: Pokemon Supreme Command (Fire Red)
Comments: The starting town of my hack.
This town lies in Mt. Silver.
Credits to Manipulation for the Rom Base
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Old August 7th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Scytha
mass effect freak

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Spoiler:
I like the tiles and the concept, but the houses are bugging me. They shoud be closer to the mountains behind them.

I've edited my map:
Spoiler:

tumblr - twitter - steam
Old August 7th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Drithlan
Self Proclaimed Cartographer

Nature: Relaxed
Reviewed Map:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder The Bloody Angel View Post
My map
Map Name: Portea City
Map Game: Dawn Star -Ruby Hack-
Comments: the 2nd gym city if my hack
Review: The Concept is a good one. As well are the tiles. But the trees are too uniform for my tastes, and I'm not dogging the scrunched up houses. Also Shouldn't the Gym have a Sign Letting you know which building it is?
Rating:
I give this map 7/10
Suggestions: Spread out the trees a little. Maybe make the map its self bigger. And bulk up them houses.

My Map:
Map Game: FR
Comments: All these maps were Created with Default Tiles Except for like 8 I edited to look better.

Map Name: Forest Sanctuary
Spoiler:

Comments: I plan on having this as the Starting Zone At the base of the Flowery Tree. The big rock on the top left is a place-holder for a statue my brother is designing.
Mapshot:

Map Name: Sanctuary Entrance
Spoiler:

Comments: Not much to say here Except pay attention to the bottom right corner. EDIT: I just noticed the Path Differences between this map and the Sanctuary Entrance >< oops....
Mapshot:

Map Name: Starter Island Route 1
Spoiler:

Comments: Nice and Quiet here no trainer battles here yet. Might add 1 or 2. Notice the Top right.
Mapshot:

Map Name: Starter Island Town
Spoiler:

Comments: The grass is there for a reason. You can exit the town from the bottom left as well.
Mapshot:

Map Name: Starter Island Ferry Service
Spoiler:

Comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign outside Ferrymans House
Ferry service to and from the Mainland. Perfect for those without SURF!
This is your exit off Starter Island. You talk to the man on the Dock and away you go.
Mapshot:

I am willing to take requests for maps.
But before you go PMing me I want to let you know that I am still learning how to map.
Here (http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/ROM%20Hacks/) is a link to My album Feel free to review and/or comment my work before requesting.
Old August 7th, 2010, 05:33 AM
pkmntrainerpaul
New account: P-Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drithlan View Post
Reviewed Map:

Map Name: Starter Island Ferry Service
Spoiler:

Comments:
This is your exit off Starter Island. You talk to the man on the Dock and away you go.
Mapshot:

It's a really nice map, but I wonder how you're doing the border block with this map.
I really like the shape of the path, altough it's a bit wide.
Also, the idea of a Ferry Service is great!

9/10, Great map!

I'm reposting my earlier posted map, since I updated it:
Map Name: Silver Valley
Map Game: Pokemon Supreme Command (Fire Red)
Comments: The starting town of my hack.
This town lies in Mt. Silver.
Credits to Manipulation for the Rom Base
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Old August 7th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Drithlan
Self Proclaimed Cartographer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainerpaul View Post
It's a really nice map, but I wonder how you're doing the border block with this map.
I really like the shape of the path, altough it's a bit wide.
Also, the idea of a Ferry Service is great!

9/10, Great map!
[/SPOILER]
This is what I use as the border:

Border.jpg

I have the edges of the walkable/surfable areas near the water just far enough so you can't see the border.

As for the path I plan on slimming it down.

I am willing to take requests for maps.
But before you go PMing me I want to let you know that I am still learning how to map.
Here (http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/ROM%20Hacks/) is a link to My album Feel free to review and/or comment my work before requesting.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here