The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Super Ultra Mega Charizard
not a beginner trainer :P

[QUOTE=HackDeoxys;6046657]Rated map:

Rating: 6/10
You have the right idea with this map, but there are a few things that bug me. I can't imagine why the grass would be there, even though you said it's there for a reason. And a gym without a door? Please! Who builds a bulding without a door? And last, there's a mini fence that prevents you from reading the gym sign. Bad idea.

Map Name: Moon Village
Map Game: Pokemon ShadowStone (Fire Red)
Comments: The starting town of my hack
Credits to WAH for the tiles.
Warning, big map.
Spoiler:

Please be honest but not harsh.[/QUOTE
Rating: 1/10
Comments: It's full of tile errors! and a ledge at the front of the stairs!?
Also, there shouldn't be that many flowers!
And the palettes are horrible!
Suggestions: Fix the palettes, fix the tile errors...fix the MAP!
Old August 7th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Reviewed Map:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackDeoxys View Post
Now for my map:

Warning, big map.
Spoiler:

Please be honest but not harsh.
Review: I don't want to rate this one.): For several reasons. It would be harsh, which you don't want. Anyways, the palettes are horrific, but it's the mapping that needs to be rated, no? Alright, first off, those houses can't be combined to make the width more wider. It just doesn't work like that. Or people will say; Tile Error. And that flower paradise seems out of place, no? And random small trees...): The palettes make those trees look weird. It's a real eye-sore. Change the palettes. And the mountains, the way you map it makes it look fake, because to make it look more real you need to make one mountain, and another on the top. You made it so that there's a mountain is floating, because the left side of that mountain where that ultra wide house is making it look bad.): I actually see more, but this review is already long. So I'll move to the suggestions.
Suggestions: Make it look more real, by adding making a bottom holding to that mountain which is partly floating in the air.): Fix the palettes. Don't make the houses bigger by making it wider, which makes tile errors. Find some other houses. Oh... That bridge....Is not needed. Fix it to stairs. Remove a whole lot of flowers in that mini-paradise.
Old August 7th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

@HackDeoxys.

Review: while i like the tiles, and to an extent the pallettes, theres many tile errors, such as your house rearrangement. it doesnt work like that.
Your mountains are also very strange. You need to make a complete 'loop' for each level, either having the two ends join up with each other or go off the map, otherwise it makes the mountains float, which is a no-no.

Also putting too many flowers like that near each other kinda makes eyes bleed.

Rating: 3/10 - you need to concentrate on fixing the tile errors. Without those errors i'd give 6/10

-------------------------------

Mine:
Griteloupe(grit loop) town:
Pokemon Hyacinth

Comments: this is supposed to be bland and quite boring, as its the pass through town at the beginning of the game.the bottom connects to my other map(the big one with the forest in the middle)

Spoiler:
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old August 7th, 2010, 04:59 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Warning, big map.
Spoiler:

Since you asked for someone to point out your tile errors and I was just sitting around refreshing my User CP anyway, I decided to circle all the tile errors that I could find.

Spoiler:

Brother of Vrai
Old August 8th, 2010, 03:18 PM
icychill66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resultz View Post
@HackDeoxys.

Mine:
Pokemon Hyacinth

Comments: this is supposed to be bland and quite boring, as its the pass through town at the beginning of the game.the bottom connects to my other map(the big one with the forest in the middle)

Spoiler:
Rating: 5/10

Reason: To me, this map is very average. I understand that it's supposed to be a beginning-of-the-game map, but it can use some tweaking. The reason I think it's very average is because of the house placement, path design, and tree layout.

Suggestions: First of several things, the house placement seems a little weird. Notice how everything is in a somewhat vertical line? Perhaps, switching the Pokecenter with the house with no doors and moving the bottom-right house to the upper-left side of the middle path would yield a better spread of the buildings. By the way, I disagree with Altariaking about the house having no door. Nearly every city in Pokemon games has houses with no doors, and I feel it fits just fine in this map. Secondly, I believe that the use of long rows of small trees is messy. Try not to combine the two types of trees so much. On the right side entrance, those two strings of small trees shouldn't be there, in my opinion. Just slide the regular trees over 1 tile. To finish off, the paths running through the town are also messy. Paths tend to look best when they are a uniform width. Also, they look better when they don't make many turns. Try making all the paths 3 tiles wide and see if that cleans it up a bit.
Old August 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
Rated map:

Rating: 6/10
You have the right idea with this map, but there are a few things that bug me. I can't imagine why the grass would be there, even though you said it's there for a reason. And a gym without a door? Please! Who builds a bulding without a door? And last, there's a mini fence that prevents you from reading the gym sign. Bad idea.

Warning, big map.
Spoiler:

Rating: 2/10

Reason: There are tile errors, literally, everywhere. and those flowers shouldn't be together like that, also there's gonna be border errors.

Suggestions:Try and fix the tile errors, border errors, and get rid of those flowers

Map Name: Route D
Map Game: DarkGrey (Ruby)
Credits: First post of my hack (Currently undergoing acceptance)
Comments: Third route in my hack
Map:
Spoiler:
Old August 8th, 2010, 03:59 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
okay, path design and tree layout i see your point.
those strings of small trees arent very visually appealing..

the house layout is intentional however. if you lived in the UK youd understand, as most small towns and villages in the UK are Linear, (based around one road)
that will stay like that, but ill post an improved version with different tree and path layouts sometime.
There are plenty of small towns that are just on one street in the US too. Especially in my area. Regardless of that though, you shouldn't base your map on real life. You should base it on what looks good. (Unless it has some special importance in your hack I guess, but still... very rarely would I sacrifice good mapping for functionality. Edit: I'm not talking about playability when I say functionality.)

(I kind of considered this an addition to his review, but delete I guess since you deleted his.)
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; August 8th, 2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Mr.Silver
Say Hello To Nurse Barbra

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mr.Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post

Reason: There are tile errors, literally, everywhere. and those flowers shouldn't be together like that, also there's gonna be border errors.

Suggestions:Try and fix the tile errors, border errors, and get rid of those flowers

Map:
Spoiler:
Rating: 7/10
Not really a fan of the tree sprites, and it seems a little square, but i like the overall shape, If anything, you should make the grass a little more random and MABYE break up the mounds, they dont have to all be connected.Im also not a fan of 1 tile paths (makes me feel like im being directed in a certain direction). But ill give you bonus points for the tiles.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map name: Abanonded lab
Game: Firered
Comments:This is for pokemon evanesce, it started out as concept arts on peices of paper and eventually it became this.
Credits: Myself for tile insertion and making the destroyed equipment.Nintendo for tiles.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Old August 8th, 2010, 10:52 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Map:
Spoiler:
Review: While you've got some nice tiles, the way in which you've used them isn't the greatest. There are numerous one-tile paths in your map (Especially on the right hand side) which really detract from the rest of the map, and is in complete contradiction to the lovely open spaces you have at the top.

I also notice that you might not be able to use your tall grass tiles on the top edges of mountains, which results in an easy path for the player to take and avoid the wild Pokemon. This should be resolved so the player has to do some work at the top of the map :P

Suggestions: Widen up the paths the player is forced to take - You have 4 and 2 trees width left over on each side of the map so use it and open it up! To stop the player from avoiding your grass, use some trees, feces, rocks (whatever) to block their access to the open space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
Map name: Abanonded lab
Game: Firered
Comments:This is for pokemon evanesce, it started out as concept arts on peices of paper and eventually it became this.
Credits: Myself for tile insertion and making the destroyed equipment.Nintendo for tiles.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Review: Superstar Saga? I think you have carried out this idea well and your destroyed equipment tiles look very nice and fit in well with the map. I can only really see two reasons to criticise this map, and that is the use of your alternating floor tiles and the door in the first map.

Whilst the random use floor tiles give the maps a dark, eerie and dilapidated feeling, your 'splotches' of white tiles really contrast with the dark ones and don't really blend in as they are squares that jump out at you. Creating a more jagged and random outline for some of the lighter tiles will really improve the essence of the maps. The wall tiles around your door in the first map are different to the other wall tiles used :P

Suggestions: Have a play around with creating jagged outlines/shapes for the lighter tiles and fix the door's wall. I'm very sorry that I seemed to be focusing on the tiles, but I can't really fault the maps - They are what they are and I don't see anything wrong with them :)
Old August 9th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Drithlan
Self Proclaimed Cartographer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
@HackDeoxys.

Review: while i like the tiles, and to an extent the pallettes, theres many tile errors, such as your house rearrangement. it doesnt work like that.
Your mountains are also very strange. You need to make a complete 'loop' for each level, either having the two ends join up with each other or go off the map, otherwise it makes the mountains float, which is a no-no.

Also putting too many flowers like that near each other kinda makes eyes bleed.

Rating: 3/10 - you need to concentrate on fixing the tile errors. Without those errors i'd give 6/10

-------------------------------

Mine:
Pokemon Hyacinth

Spoiler:
Review: I love the multi paths you have going through this map. That along with the pallet Makes me want to play LoZ for some reason.. My only two problems with this map are the layout of the 3 buildings on the right. and the layout of the trees. They are too uniform. Uniformed trees are only good in specific situations, in my opinion.

Rating: I give this map a 7/10.

Suggestions: Randomize the tree layout and adjust the 3 buildings on the right wall and this would be an 89 or 9

My Maps:
Map Game: FR
Comments:
These maps were mainly made with Default Tiles. I plan on re doing the tiles as soon as I learn how to.

Map Name: Route 2 (To the mainland!)
Spoiler:
Comments: I have not completed placing the rocks in the water. Nor have I Made the Map connecting the two Cave entrances.
(This is the end of the ferry from my previous map.)
Mapshot:

Map Name: Unnamed (Second Town / First Gym)
Spoiler:

Comments: Normally I hate uniform Trees but here it was required If you look closely you will notice not all the tiles in the Trees are the same. That's because this is a Small Tree maze. Look closely you might be able to make out the path to the Gym. As for the grass (same in my last town) These towns are on the edge of the wilderness so there are going to be uncut areas of grass about. Also In these patches of grass you may find, not too often I might add, Low level stray Cats (Meowth, Skitty), Rats (NAME THAT POKEMON!), and Raccoons (You know who).

(Also I just noticed the wrong tile on the bottom left corner of the house with 2 doors.)

Mapshot:

If there's any problem with this post please PM me to correct it before deciding to delete. Thanks.

I am willing to take requests for maps.
But before you go PMing me I want to let you know that I am still learning how to map.
Here (http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/ROM%20Hacks/) is a link to My album Feel free to review and/or comment my work before requesting.
Old August 9th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

Quote:

Map:
Spoiler:
Whereas i like the fact that theres a bit of variety going on here, i feel that uniform trees, like someone said about mine, are boring, and i think this suffers more tha my map did. other than that there's a good natural feel happening and it woould be interesting to play.
rating: 7/10 - uniform trees and the icky pallette of the grasses cause this mark..

----------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

okay, so this is my town map improvement..
tress have been made more random, houses moved a bit, and paths made the same width.
what about this?
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old August 9th, 2010, 08:15 AM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drithlan View Post

Map Name: Unnamed (Second Town / First Gym)
Spoiler:

Comments: Normally I hate uniform Trees but here it was required If you look closely you will notice not all the tiles in the Trees are the same. That's because this is a Small Tree maze. Look closely you might be able to make out the path to the Gym. As for the grass (same in my last town) These towns are on the edge of the wilderness so there are going to be uncut areas of grass about. Also In these patches of grass you may find, not too often I might add, Low level stray Cats (Meowth, Skitty), Rats (NAME THAT POKEMON!), and Raccoons (You know who).

(Also I just noticed the wrong tile on the bottom left corner of the house with 2 doors.)

Mapshot:

If there's any problem with this post please PM me to correct it before deciding to delete. Thanks.
There are several things in this map that I don't like. That house in the top left has two diferent types of doors, 2 signs in front of it and two types of fences. The map will probably have border errors. And that museam building at the bottom eft seems to be impossible to enter, thanks to the ledge. I do like the mountain, though.
Suggestions: Select one type of fence for that house and one type of door, and take away one of the signs. Make it possible to get to the museum, and add a few more significant features to the map, since it looks pretty bland.

And now for my map
Map Game: Pokemon ShadowStone (hack of firered)
Comments: Starter town (and despite what you may think, there are no border errors)
Spoiler:
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:21 PM
ase
learning How to Hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to ase
Quote:
There are several things in this map that I don't like. That house in the top left has two diferent types of doors, 2 signs in front of it and two types of fences. The map will probably have border errors. And that museam building at the bottom eft seems to be impossible to enter, thanks to the ledge. I do like the mountain, though.
Suggestions: Select one type of fence for that house and one type of door, and take away one of the signs. Make it possible to get to the museum, and add a few more significant features to the map, since it looks pretty bland.

And now for my map
Map Game: Pokemon ShadowStone (hack of firered)
Comments: Starter town (and despite what you may think, there are no border errors)
Spoiler:
Rating: 5/10 It's a decent map but nothing really stands out about it, plus the palettes are really bad. All in all, it has nothing original to offer
Suggestions: add foliage and make it a little more random and lively

Now my map!
Map Name: Village
Map Game: Emerald
Credits: Disturbed
Comments: just a map I made to practice with
Image:
Spoiler:

follow the link below
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

DBZ: Possibly the BEST anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Chaos190
Likes to Hack Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase View Post
Rating: 5/10 It's a decent map but nothing really stands out about it, plus the palettes are really bad. All in all, it has nothing original to offer
Suggestions: add foliage and make it a little more random and lively

Now my map!
Map Name: Village
Map Game: Emerald
Credits: Disturbed
Comments: just a map I made to practice with
Image:
Spoiler:

Review: First off, why is there grass in a town? Towns don't have grass in it. This town is empty and needs a little work. You need to add bushes. The flowers should go diagonal not in a line. Doesn't look right. Trees would be good as well because this map doesn't give too much shape. The building with that orange roof looks really wierd. I suggest you add a Pokemart since you have a PC.
Suggestions: Add a Pokemart, bushes, and trees. Take out some flowers.

Map Name: Not named
Rom Base: Fire Red
Image:
Spoiler:

Comments: Starting town for my hack Pokemon Knight's Stone.

Would you like to be in a hacking team? Become a great hacker at the Chaos Productions!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220406
------------------------------------------------
Support

Credits to aSeRo141414

Last edited by Chaos190; August 10th, 2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:06 PM
icychill66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos190 View Post
Image:
Spoiler:

Comments: Starting town for my hack Pokemon Knight's Stone.

Reason: This map is pleasant to look at! I would consider it an above-average map. It's nicely spaced, and is the perfect size for a starter town. However, there are several areas that could be improved in my eyes.

Suggestions: The first thing I noticed is that the paths are sporadic and windy. I would make them more uniform and straight. There are spots where the path is 2 tiles wide, and a spot where it is 5 tiles wide. To me, that just doesn't look right. The second thing I noticed that will give you troubles is that there will be border tile errors everywhere along the sides. The trees get offset by one tile with the little mountains you put in, and this will cause about half of the border to be off. Look at it in-game, if you're not sure what I mean. Lastly, the space in front of the Lab is rather bleak. Maybe add some trees or flowers to get rid of the plain grassy area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My turn!

Map Name: Verdance Wood
Map Game: Fire Red (for my hack, The Tempest)
Comments: You start at the bottom left.

Spoiler:

Old August 14th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icychill66 View Post

My turn!

Spoiler:

8/10
Very nice. Very logical placement of the grass and trees. Also I really like the short grass. Reminds me of Emerald's. Excellent idea.

There are a few dead ends but I mean overall, it's a great look. There's a green color around the base of the tree's which shouldn't be that color. No t major but definitely somehting to look into. Might I suggest fixing that in A-Map's built in palette editor.
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
My turn!

Spoiler:

Well, I'll rate this one.

I really like this map for a few reasons. There isn't a square aspect to it, it is a straightforward map. There are many dead ends that could have items in them, and the layout is nice overall. I would remove some of the grass though, there is a bit too much. I will rate it 9/10 for that reason.

Now, for me
Map Name: Route 67

Map Game: Pokemon Gold

Comments: This map is a long map, and will require a bit of training to go through. There are many items, trainers, and a little island in the lake that holds a trainer and an item. I didn't focus on border errors, or the fact that there is 2 tile errors at the top of the lake, I couldn't find tiles to suit that purpose. If you recognize this map, it is very similar to the one in the contest thread, with some minor edits. Also, it may be a bit too square, so don't weigh that too heavily on the rating.

Mapshot: See attachment
Attached Images
File Type: png Route 67.png‎ (315.1 KB, 200 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old August 15th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Well, I'll rate this one.

I really like this map for a few reasons. There isn't a square aspect to it, it is a straightforward map. There are many dead ends that could have items in them, and the layout is nice overall. I would remove some of the grass though, there is a bit too much.
Now, for me
Map Name: Route 67

Map Game: Pokemon Gold

Comments: This map is a long map, and will require a bit of training to go through. There are many items, trainers, and a little island in the lake that holds a trainer and an item. I didn't focus on border errors, or the fact that there is 2 tile errors at the top of the lake, I couldn't find tiles to suit that purpose. If you recognize this map, it is very similar to the one in the contest thread, with some minor edits. Also, it may be a bit too square, so don't weigh that too heavily on the rating.

Mapshot: See attachment
I really like this map! :D It is quite complex, and is very natural in my opinion. You can see the amount of detail that went into it, and it looks like quite a challenging thread to go through. I'll rate it 9/10, however, due to the errors. (First time rating a Pokemon gold map. xD) I''m not that keen on the random boulders/mountains within the trees, but I guess that's just personal preference. Anyway, it looks like Game Freak could have made it themselves. Good job! :D

Map Name: New Path

Map Game: The Game the Map has been made in. FireRed

Comments: A rather simple map; it is the first route in my ROM hack. Places travel from the left to the right, and can use the upper path as a shortcut. Some people may have noticed I entered it into the map off.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Superjub; August 15th, 2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:55 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Map Name: New Path

Map Game: The Game the Map has been made in. FireRed

Comments: A rather simple map; it is the first route in my ROM hack. Places travel from the left to the right, and can use the upper path as a shortcut. Some people may have noticed I entered it into the map off.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

I think it looks a bit dull. I know it's just a first Route, but it looks plain.
You have alot of tree shadowing errors, and I think there's a tiny bit too much flowers(Mostly in the top part), so I'll give you a 5/10.
Add some bushes to it, and although you aren't supposed to have to walk through grass on the way back, you could add some that you don't have to walk through. And, to make it look a little bit better, you could add some sand paths between the grass.
-------------------------
So, here's my map, also from the Get Together Map off:

Name: Route 1
Spoiler:

Let's see how my map goes here. :3
Credits Alistair and PHO.
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:20 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:

Reason: This map is pleasant to look at! I would consider it an above-average map. It's nicely spaced, and is the perfect size for a starter town. However, there are several areas that could be improved in my eyes.

Suggestions: The first thing I noticed is that the paths are sporadic and windy. I would make them more uniform and straight. There are spots where the path is 2 tiles wide, and a spot where it is 5 tiles wide. To me, that just doesn't look right. The second thing I noticed that will give you troubles is that there will be border tile errors everywhere along the sides. The trees get offset by one tile with the little mountains you put in, and this will cause about half of the border to be off. Look at it in-game, if you're not sure what I mean. Lastly, the space in front of the Lab is rather bleak. Maybe add some trees or flowers to get rid of the plain grassy area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My turn!

Spoiler:

Review: I like this map. A lot. It looks very natural, as well as being very maze like, which forests should be.
Rating: 10/10

Map name: Obsidian Cave
Map game: Pokemon DarkGrey
Comments: Just a small cave, with some powerful Pokemon, and some trainers. The square at the bottom is supposed to be there, and it's square for a reason. I will not say this reason.
Credits: Kyledove/Kymotonian
Map:
Spoiler:
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Surmonter
Hear No Evil

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][B]

Map name: Obsidian Cave
Map game: Pokemon DarkGrey
Comments: Just a small cave, with some powerful Pokemon, and some trainers. The square at the bottom is supposed to be there, and it's square for a reason. I will not say this reason.
Credits: Kyledove/Kymotonian
Map:
Fantastic map. It's simple but very pleasing to the eyes. The palettes are amazing.

10/10

--

Map name: Koh River
Map game: Unnamed hack of Fire Red
Comments: This is the beginning town. It's very small for the reason that I wanted to keep it very old fashioned, as if technology hasn't gotten there. I also made it so that the cave connects it to a sister city, where you will get your Pokedex (but you get your starters in this city.)
Credits: TB Pro, Kyledove, Saurav, Alistair

Spoiler:

Map name: Spar Cave
Comments: Supposed to be a little bit of a complex maze cave. :3

Spoiler:

Map name: Sozen City
Comments: This is the city with the first gym. It's supposed to be very tranquil. I couldn't figure out how to map the waterfall and river on the rocks perfectly. Forgive me ;_;

Spoiler:
Are you an ally?

Are you looking for a friend?
Maybe some advice?
Or maybe just a place to feel normal?

Go to EmptyClosets.

Starstruck★ :Pair
Shinies :Important Links
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Reviewed Map:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surmonter View Post
Map name: Koh River
Comments: This is the beginning town. It's very small for the reason that I wanted to keep it very old fashioned, as if technology hasn't gotten there. I also made it so that the cave connects it to a sister city, where you will get your Pokedex (but you get your starters in this city.)

Spoiler:
Review: Well, I don't really like it. The ocean and mountains make it look like a route. And there are rocks in the ocean that aren't needed. The flowers and tree placements seem random also. It would make a nice route though, actually.
Suggestions: Maybe if it was a route then it would look nicer. Fix the flower placements, and try making it look less-random. =]

Map Name: Greenwood Town
Map Game: FireRed
Comments: It's alright. Made it for fun. Please rate/review it with honesty, to make it better. ;] Credits to Wesley FG, Zein, & Alucus_of_Borg for tiles.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Surmonter
Hear No Evil

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
Reviewed Map:

Review: Well, I don't really like it. The ocean and mountains make it look like a route. And there are rocks in the ocean that aren't needed. The flowers and tree placements seem random also. It would make a nice route though, actually.
Suggestions: Maybe if it was a route then it would look nicer. Fix the flower placements, and try making it look less-random. =]

Map Name: Greenwood Town
Comments: It's alright. Made it for fun. Please rate/review it with honesty, to make it better. ;] Credits to Wesley FG, Zein, & Alucus_of_Borg for tiles.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

I don't understand how random is bad, since that's how it is in real life? :/ And it is supposed to look like a route, hence the name. And the rocks are there to stop people from surfing out into nothing.

There's also a reason why there are so many fallen rocks. I won't post why, but you can PM me for it if you actually care. :P

Your map has way to much empty space. Doesn't look natural at all. The map is completely square, which is a horrible thing to do.

But, the tiles are absolutely beautiful. If you just added a tree (or two) in the center) and made the rim a bit more natural (i.e. natural) it would look so much more better.

Even though it is very square and empty, I like the idea of the map, and I love the tiles and palettes.

8/10
Are you an ally?

Are you looking for a friend?
Maybe some advice?
Or maybe just a place to feel normal?

Go to EmptyClosets.

Starstruck★ :Pair
Shinies :Important Links
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
DuoRyan
Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Nature: Calm
Destiny demon map
here my review to the map.
OK!
Let get started, why don't we.
I like this map but the problem is the shape and squareness.
I mean the path are in 2 tile space, try making it more spacious.
I also recommend making the shape more complex, not too.
Try to make it more fun to go around and not to easy and boring.
Your rating 6\10

My map:
Name : Route 225
hack Pokemon Starlight

map shot
Spoiler:

Pokemon Dream ~ 2014
Do you achieve your dream or be cage in nightmares?
Pokemon Dream is being working on.
Pokemon X Shiny ~ Honeedge - 9 egg, Pumpkaboo - 1328 egg, Mawile - 299 egg, Noibat - 800ish egg, Fennekin - 905 egg, Ralts - 109 egg, Klefki - 630 egg, Absol - 151 egg, Eevee - 6 egg Goomy - 2114 egg Goomy - 478 egg Goomy - 523 egg(Hidden Ability!)
Pokemon X - Taking a break.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Reviewed Map:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surmonter View Post
Map name: Sozen City
Comments: This is the city with the first gym. It's supposed to be very tranquil. I couldn't figure out how to map the waterfall and river on the rocks perfectly. Forgive me ;_;

Spoiler:
Review:This one looks much better. I'm guessing you have a reason to put un-needed rocks at the top of the river? Anyways, This map looks nice and natural. The thing I don't like is the empty spaces at the clumps of trees. You could add a tree in those empty spaces, so why make spaces?
Suggestions: You know that tree north-east of the Pokemon Center? You could remove it and fix the grass path. And fill in trees at the empty spaces. Also, Those two fat trees in front of the gym is not necessary. You should remove them.

Map Name: Antian City
Comments: This map is more bigger than the last, and is the second city in a certain hack. It maybe took, 1-2 hours to make? I dunno, I don't remember. But that's not important. xP. Those two towers... Well when I showcase this certain hack you'll find out why they're there.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Sponsored Links