The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 29th, 2014, 07:32 AM
~Justified~
~Working On A New Rom Hack~

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglor View Post
Honesty and tips'n tricks is what I am looking for good sir. Cheers for review.
Just learned how to insert new tiles thanks to LePug, so expect more creative maps from me in the future.
Ok, I hope I wasn't too harsh...I tried to be constructive. & Don't worry I'm still learning how to map too lol, you learn some nice tricks along the way as you learn more. Here are some tips for you when creating maps in the future:
-Fill the map with blank tile before starting to make your map
This will allow you to not feel restricted by the map's original layout.

-Most of the time you want to change the dimensions of the map before you make it
This adds to creating the feeling of a new map.

-Linear is bad!
Planting trees, houses, pathways, and bodies of water in linear columns or rectangular shapes is never good, it makes it feel boring and unrealistic (because trees don't grow in straight lines). Try to give it a natural flow that looks like something you would see in the real world.

-Change Tilesets, and most importantly...Be Creative!
Changing tilesets is almost always a must, whether your adding your own or changing to another in-game tileset. It adds to the feeling of it being your own map. Also, free your mind. Let the ideas come to you and make them as they come, you can revise the maps later.

I've also included a link to an advance map tutorial on this forum, it's very helpful especially when you're beginning to learn and it helps me a lot when I'm struggling to make a map:
In-Depth Advanced Map Tutorial

Good luck, I look forward to future creations from you!
John 15:13

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Looking For:
Anyone willing to help with the game.
Pokemon Team Building Guide
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:08 AM
Zed™

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Guard View Post
4/10
I like your concept, but I'm going to be honest with you, your map feels somewhat empty. It's missing some things, and has some tile errors. Rather than making the water strictly rectangular, I'd suggest making it more like a real-life body of water, with a less-square shape. The building in the top right corner is not something I would suggest using, as it is rather dull. It also looks to familiar to viridian city, you didn't change much in it. You should add more foliage, and spread it out too. There is also a problem with the building in the bottom right corner of your map, you used the wrong roof and it's missing the sides and a door. I would recommend adding more detail to your map, and instead of just changing tilesets and adding a bridge w/water, make it yours, use your imagination to create a city of your own, it resembles Viridian City way too much.

I have two maps here for review:

Map #01
Map Name: Seaside Village
Original Map: Pallet Town
Notes: I was trying for a small village next to the sea, there's two houses, a forest entrance, and a berry shop with some crates and flowers. Let me know what you think!
Spoiler:

Map #02
Map Name: Route 41 - North
Original Map: Route 21 (FireRed)
Notes: It's supposed to be small, but I was trying for a small secluded area as the transition from City-to-Route. Let me know what you think of this one too!
Spoiler:
This is my review:

Spoiler:
Map #1: I like the layout proposed by you and I think building's palette matches very well with the others, but It looks like more a lake village than a seaside village: I should change some tileset and should add on the map some palms and a beach. Furthermore, as Le pug said, you should extend you map down to a tile block in order to match the trees each other; same thing on the west of the map, or more precisely I should move the trees placed on the lower left on the right in order to put another column of trees near the left edge.
Finally, there are some tree shadows to review: for example, the shadows between the two tree column on the right of the forest entrance are right(if you give an accurate viewing surely you'll notice the differences and if you search on a-map you'll find different types of shadows), but there are some wrong shadows across the map. 7,5/10.

Map #2
So do I think that the rock edge is useless on this map and I should add more trees across the grass, spreading them a bit everywhere. 7/10.

I hope my tips will help you, and good luck with mapping!

p.s.: Sorry but forgive my bad english, because I'm Italian.

Now, I have a map to expose:

Map #01
Map Name: Green route
Original Map: Route 1 (fire red)
Notes: \

Spoiler:

I hope you enjoy it!
Attached Images
File Type: png PERCORSO 1.png‎ (28.2 KB, 476 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Zed™; May 2nd, 2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 07:57 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed™ View Post
It's evident that this map is going for the "natural" style of mapping. While aesthetically it's quite nice, I can see this being utter hell to traverse through as a player. It's littered with one-block-wide paths, sporadic tall grass placement and an overall confusing sense of direction when only viewable on a 240x160 screen. The paths, while helping to give direction, make the map seem far more cluttered and claustrophobic than it already is, which furthers the feeling of being closed in and the potential confusion for navigation. With that in mind, I think you should reconsider the layout of this map by including wider spaces and a more structured general shape, even if you do plan to stick with the seemingly random nature of the "natural" mapping style. That said, I am a fan of the art style you have going on, and, echoing what I said at the beginning of this post, from an aesthetical viewpoint this map does look really great -- just hell to play through.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:47 AM
Zed™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
It's evident that this map is going for the "natural" style of mapping. While aesthetically it's quite nice, I can see this being utter hell to traverse through as a player. It's littered with one-block-wide paths, sporadic tall grass placement and an overall confusing sense of direction when only viewable on a 240x160 screen. The paths, while helping to give direction, make the map seem far more cluttered and claustrophobic than it already is, which furthers the feeling of being closed in and the potential confusion for navigation. With that in mind, I think you should reconsider the layout of this map by including wider spaces and a more structured general shape, even if you do plan to stick with the seemingly random nature of the "natural" mapping style. That said, I am a fan of the art style you have going on, and, echoing what I said at the beginning of this post, from an aesthetical viewpoint this map does look really great -- just hell to play through.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it and I think you're right when you say it's an hell to play through. Maybe this type of path should be more appropriate for a woods/forest: certainly not for the first route of an hack.

Instead, what do you think about my palettes?

Thanks again!
Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:13 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Thanks! I'm glad you like it and I think you're right when you say it's an hell to play through. Maybe this type of path should be more appropriate for a woods/forest: certainly not for the first route of an hack.

Instead, what do you think about my palettes?

Thanks again! :)
The palettes are fine and easy on the eyes, so good job there. Also, I dont think this would suffice as a forest map either because of its linearity (despite its difficulty to navigate). Forests in Pokémon tend to be far larger and have things like diverging paths and hidden alcoves, etc. Nothing you couldn't add in, though, if you were to expand the map.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:15 AM
Zed™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
The palettes are fine and easy on the eyes, so good job there. Also, I dont think this would suffice as a forest map either because of its linearity (despite its difficulty to navigate). Forests in Pokémon tend to be far larger and have things like diverging paths and hidden alcoves, etc. Nothing you couldn't add in, though, if you were to expand the map.
Thanks for all advices!
Old May 4th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Dark Sneasel
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
This is my review:

Spoiler:
Map #1: I like the layout proposed by you and I think building's palette matches very well with the others, but It looks like more a lake village than a seaside village: I should change some tileset and should add on the map some palms and a beach. Furthermore, as Le pug said, you should extend you map down to a tile block in order to match the trees each other; same thing on the west of the map, or more precisely I should move the trees placed on the lower left on the right in order to put another column of trees near the left edge.
Finally, there are some tree shadows to review: for example, the shadows between the two tree column on the right of the forest entrance are right(if you give an accurate viewing surely you'll notice the differences and if you search on a-map you'll find different types of shadows), but there are some wrong shadows across the map. 7,5/10.

Map #2
So do I think that the rock edge is useless on this map and I should add more trees across the grass, spreading them a bit everywhere. 7/10.

I hope my tips will help you, and good luck with mapping!

p.s.: Sorry but forgive my bad english, because I'm Italian.

Now, I have a map to expose:

Map #01
Map Name: Green route
Original Map: Route 1 (fire red)
Notes: \

Spoiler:

I hope you enjoy it!
Well damn, that map looks awesome, and I love the tiles. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to navigate through, and I really like the mix of the three different trees, as opposed to the two in fire red. Overall it's a good map, and I really like it. Also would you mind telling me (in V/PM) where you got those tiles? They looks awesome. I give it a 10/10

Now here's my map
Spoiler:

It's route 1 for my hack because the one I had before was.. pretty bad, lol. To the person who rates this, please give a number 1-10 when you rate, haha.
Pokémon Emerald Specials
Change Player OW in script
Making a tag battle script
G3HS extended Pokemon in the wild
Starting out with Rom Hacking? Click here
#SlowDownFigi

http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...overy,fluorite
^Coolest irc... ever
Old May 4th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Alex
Mmm, yeah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sneasel View Post
Now here's my map
Spoiler:

It's route 1 for my hack because the one I had before was.. pretty bad, lol. To the person who rates this, please give a number 1-10 when you rate, haha.
Rating: 8 out of 10
Comments: I really like the flow and simplicity of this map. IMO it's perfect for a beginning route (a lot better than what I have come up with), but I also have a little bias towards maps that use Nintendo tiles. Very good work

This is the Canary Plateau, which is a connector map between a planned plains map to the east, and opening from a chasm called Damascus Cave. Obviously it's not very big or incredibly detailed, as it's a linker map that only holds a script event. It was made in Emerald version using a hybrid of tiles from Ruby, FireRed, and Emerald together as an overworld tileset.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Alex; May 6th, 2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Updated with new map version
Old May 6th, 2014, 06:23 PM
CosmicBlazer
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Rating: 8 out of 10
Comments: I really like the flow and simplicity of this map. IMO it's perfect for a beginning route (a lot better than what I have come up with), but I also have a little bias towards maps that use Nintendo tiles. Very good work

This is the Canary Plateau, which is a connector map between a planned plains map to the east, and opening from a chasm called Damascus Cave. Obviously it's not very big or incredibly detailed, as it's a linker map that only holds a script event. It was made in Emerald version using a hybrid of tiles from Ruby, FireRed, and Emerald together as an overworld tileset.

Spoiler:
Rating: 8 out of 10. It is simple. Not over the top. Looks nice in my opinion for a script event that will probably happen when you reach the top of the stairs.

Name: Cosmic Town
Game: Firered (Using Projectunamed rombase)
This is the starting map for my hack. Be as critical as you want. I think it looks nice, but I think I added to many flowers in some places or in wrong places.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.[/sig-reason]

Last edited by CosmicBlazer; May 6th, 2014 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to put picture.
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:17 AM
E.C.

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBlazer View Post
Rating: 8 out of 10. It is simple. Not over the top. Looks nice in my opinion for a script event that will probably happen when you reach the top of the stairs.

This is the starting map for my hack. Be as critical as you want. I think it looks nice, but I think I added to many flowers in some places or in wrong places.

Personally I think the map should have a few changes. Everything in this map seems so randomly placed. I would suggest connecting the dirt tile and make a path leading to each house because most towns usually have some sort of pavement or small path that the player can walk through and not bump all over random trees and objects. also adding more trees is a good idea so you can fill in the map more. Just make sure to keep enough space for the player to walk around freely because having too much stuff in your map restricts your players movements.Overall I think it's an alright map, It's a good start.

Map name: unamed
Map game: Firered (ProjectUnamed ROM base v2)
Comments: So I took Shinx's advice and made the paths a lot wider for the player to freely roam the map. The player enters the map from the lake to the right and follows the path up to the two roads in the top of the map (The two roads above lead to different places, they don't connect to each other). I tried combining both natural and gamefreak styles by keeping a straightforward route across the map while giving it a natural feel with the trees and mountains.
(note the petal leaves and small rocks in the grass can be walked/surfed through and the underwater cave entrances don't take you anywhere, they are only for decoration)
Map:
Spoiler:
Old May 7th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Magic

@E.C.

I like the shape of your map, the water's edge and the mountains have a bit of variety to them and aren't just long, straight sides. The trees have also been done well - they are 'natural' but there are no pockets to get stuck in and they're not too overdone.

One thing I don't necessarily like is the amount of decoration. On the land, there is a huge abundance of red decor (apples, flowersx2) and it looks a bit like your map is polkadot. The tiles themselves are nice, but I think you should perhaps use them more sparingly as the bright colour stands out too much.

Your lake also feels overdecorated - there is a lot going on under the water and the lilypads/rocks on top. Since it's not interact-able or important I think some editing down could be done.

Good map, tweaks needed - 8/10.
Old May 7th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Alex
Mmm, yeah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.C. View Post
Spoiler:
Rating: 8.5/10
Comments: This map is very pretty and complex, and although I'm not a fan of the tiles I'd say it looks rather nice. I really like the placement of flowers and berries, not to mention the underground cliffage, however I will say the signs on the flood plain do look a little out of place. Overall, though, very nice work.

This is a new map I designed in Advance Map with my Ruby/FireRed/Emerald tileset hybrid in Emerald. It's called the Harlem Meadow and flows west to east, and along with the Canary Plateau it connects Damascus Cave to the Amalthea Jungle. I tried pulling off what was done in the Floaroma Meadow with the ledge creating a border and flowers as far as the eye can see. I know it's definitely not the best and could probably use some work, so I'm open to suggestions.

Spoiler:
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Dark Sneasel
Community Supporter

Quote:
Comments: This map is very pretty and complex, and although I'm not a fan of the tiles I'd say it looks rather nice. I really like the placement of flowers and berries, not to mention the underground cliffage, however I will say the signs on the flood plain do look a little out of place. Overall, though, very nice work.

This is a new map I designed in Advance Map with my Ruby/FireRed/Emerald tileset hybrid in Emerald. It's called the Harlem Meadow and flows west to east, and along with the Canary Plateau it connects Damascus Cave to the Amalthea Jungle. I tried pulling off what was done in the Floaroma Meadow with the ledge creating a border and flowers as far as the eye can see. I know it's definitely not the best and could probably use some work, so I'm open to suggestions.

Spoiler:
It looks like an okay map, nothing too special, but the flowers are just too much for me. Waay too many flowers, and I know that was the purpose but it's just an overkill.. Overall it's an okay map, I like what you did with the other tiles, the sand things, and that cave kinda reminds me of the Regi caves. I'll give it a 7/10, not bad

So, uh here's mine. It's a little unimportant town in the beggining of my hack.
Spoiler:

Credits to Femok from WAH for the tiles.
Pokémon Emerald Specials
#SlowDownFigi

^Coolest irc... ever
Old May 8th, 2014, 04:38 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Comments: So I took Shinx's advice and made the paths a lot wider for the player to freely roam the map. The player enters the map from the lake to the right and follows the path up to the two roads in the top of the map (The two roads above lead to different places, they don't connect to each other). I tried combining both natural and gamefreak styles by keeping a straightforward route across the map while giving it a natural feel with the trees and mountains.
(note the petal leaves and small rocks in the grass can be walked/surfed through and the underwater cave entrances don't take you anywhere, they are only for decoration)
Map:
Spoiler:
The layout of the map is excellent, and I think the only real fault lies in the tileset. This is definitely a matter of opinion, but to me it looks like there's simply too much decoration, and it makes the map feel quite cluttered. The way the trees/mountain overlap also looks weird to me. It looks like they're phased into each other, and there's not actually enough space there for both of those things to be in the same spot.

The water also looks a bit cluttered, especially since you'll be surfing on top of it. I have a feeling that it will look weird, but I'm not actually sure. I'm just used to solid water like the original games though, so I dunno, just a thought I guess. It actually looks really pretty, but I'm just wondering what it will be like in game. Also, the lilypads, and especially the rocks being surfable seems like it would look pretty strange. lol

One minor thing that I don't really like is the stairs being so wide. Just a matter of personal taste, but I feel like it looks better if there's at least one tile of cliff on either side of the stairs.

I really like the size and shape of the paths, and it looks like the map would flow quite well. The grass is well placed (I'd maybe some of the grass areas a little bigger, but not a big deal.), and I think placing the jumpable cliff thingy there was a good idea.

Overall, I like it a lot, good job.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old May 9th, 2014, 08:40 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Personally I think the map should have a few changes. Everything in this map seems so randomly placed. I would suggest connecting the dirt tile and make a path leading to each house because most towns usually have some sort of pavement or small path that the player can walk through and not bump all over random trees and objects. also adding more trees is a good idea so you can fill in the map more. Just make sure to keep enough space for the player to walk around freely because having too much stuff in your map restricts your players movements.Overall I think it's an alright map, It's a good start.

Map:
Spoiler:
I'm glad you took on board my previous advice as it has definitely improved your map tenfold. In fact, I'd now say that your map is pretty much ready to go into a game. It's interesting and looks nice to play through. My only dislike is, as QualivaKing said, the unholy amount of vegetation about on the map. I've never understood these apples on trees in Pokémon maps and I never will, it really takes attention away from what is a beautiful map.

paired with christos
Old May 10th, 2014, 09:34 AM
JabuJabule

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBlazer View Post

Quote:

Spoiler:
CosmicBlazer: I am fond of the graphics, but everything seems too stretched apart, which is probably unneeded. Your little fence is messed up by the bottom left house, by the way. 2/5.

Alex: This map also feels too stretched out. The dirt patches are random, and I feel this could be designed way better. I like the flower meadow, though. 2/5.

- - - -

Here are some maps of my hack in-progress.

Town 1:
Spoiler:

(Ignore the ugly straight trees. They've already been fixed!)

Town 2:
Spoiler:

Route 135:
Spoiler:

Town 3:
Spoiler:
Old May 15th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Samuraipizzacats
Call me Seb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabuJabule View Post
Here are some maps of my hack in-progress.

Town 1:
Spoiler:

(Ignore the ugly straight trees. They've already been fixed!)

Town 2:
Spoiler:

Route 135:
Spoiler:

Town 3:
Spoiler:
Rating: 7/10
Comments: Ok first off, I'm not fond of those trees. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I feel like they are not made to stand so close to each other if you know what I mean

Town 1 - I like how you've put the houses into the mountains. The mountains itself look naturally and good. I think the ledge between the two houses should be set up different. This way it doesn't has much use. Also personally I think grass is made for routes and not for towns. I don't even know if you can find Pokemon in it, but I would stick with the flowers.

Town 2 - I like the set-up, maybe broaden it a bit. Oh and I would move the signpost to the left because now it to close to de door.

Route 135 - This route is fine. Easy to figure out where you should be going and easy to remember for later times. For what I can see its the first route you will travel. Maybe it has to much options for a first route, but that depends on your story.

Town 3 - Why al those brown patches in the north? Will this be a berry town? In this town I would put some more life. Maybe just a house or a pond to make it seem more alive.

Name: - Kanton Town
Game - Pokemon Raw (work in progress)
Comments - All tiles will be replaced. This will be the starting town in the hack (not the starting point). I know about the brown grass, will be changed.

Spoiler:

Feel free to comment!

@crunch - Sorry wrong image. It is true its somewhat based on the island, but I think this map doesn't shows less resemblance as the other one. The stairs and mountain are for an event which happens in Town.

Last edited by Samuraipizzacats; May 15th, 2014 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Wrong Image
Old May 15th, 2014, 01:47 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuraipizzacats View Post
Comments: Ok first off, I'm not fond of those trees. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I feel like they are not made to stand so close to each other if you know what I mean:P

Town 1 - I like how you've put the houses into the mountains. The mountains itself look naturally and good. I think the ledge between the two houses should be set up different. This way it doesn't has much use. Also personally I think grass is made for routes and not for towns. I don't even know if you can find Pokemon in it, but I would stick with the flowers.

Town 2 - I like the set-up, maybe broaden it a bit. Oh and I would move the signpost to the left because now it to close to de door.

Route 135 - This route is fine. Easy to figure out where you should be going and easy to remember for later times. For what I can see its the first route you will travel. Maybe it has to much options for a first route, but that depends on your story.

Town 3 - Why al those brown patches in the north? Will this be a berry town? In this town I would put some more life. Maybe just a house or a pond to make it seem more alive.

Name: - Kanton Town
Game - Pokemon Raw (work in progress)
Comments - All tiles will be replaced. This will be the starting town in the hack (not the starting point).

Spoiler:

Feel free to comment!
First of all, I think you should come up with your own original map from scratch. What you have is clearly just a modified Four Island map - and it would show ingame. I can't give you a very detailed review as most of your map was made by gamefreak. There are a few spots there where I believe you've used incorrect tree shading, and you've also placed a lot of flowers and ignored using pretty much anything else to decorate. I think you should remove the random rocks from the beach (maybe place them on the mountain instead, which is looking rather bare), and i'm not sure why there are stairs on the mountain leading up to nowhere, even though the whole thing is inaccessible anyways, if that's going to be your starter town.
Old May 15th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Samuraipizzacats
Call me Seb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
First of all, I think you should come up with your own original map from scratch. What you have is clearly just a modified Four Island map - and it would show ingame. I can't give you a very detailed review as most of your map was made by gamefreak. There are a few spots there where I believe you've used incorrect tree shading, and you've also placed a lot of flowers and ignored using pretty much anything else to decorate. I think you should remove the random rocks from the beach (maybe place them on the mountain instead, which is looking rather bare), and i'm not sure why there are stairs on the mountain leading up to nowhere, even though the whole thing is inaccessible anyways, if that's going to be your starter town.
Had the wrong image, changed it.
Old May 18th, 2014, 03:43 PM
FaeBladez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuraipizzacats View Post

Spoiler:

Feel free to comment!

@crunch - Sorry wrong image. It is true its somewhat based on the island, but I think this map doesn't shows less resemblance as the other one. The stairs and mountain are for an event which happens in Town.
Rating: 6.5/10

Comments:Overall I like the layout of the map, but theres room to improve on space consumption. Little asthetic features like small trees and rocks would do well. So yea, the main thing is its a bit barren in my eyes. Also, Im guessing you know the tile errors already.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Snowstone
Game: Pokemon Glacial Eradication (Netis snowrombase with some custom inserted tiles by Alistair and Weasley FG)
Comments: This is the basic plan for my starting town of a hack im working on, thinking of adding lamp posts

Spoiler:

Also, heres a route:
Spoiler:

EDIT: Yes, I notice the tile errors, they have been fixed ( the tree and smaller trees)
Old May 19th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Air Lock
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Air Lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeBladez View Post
Name: Snowstone
Game: Pokemon Glacial Eradication (Netis snowrombase with some custom inserted tiles by Alistair and Weasley FG)
Comments: This is the basic plan for my starting town of a hack im working on, thinking of adding lamp posts

Spoiler:

Also, heres a route:
Spoiler:

EDIT: Yes, I notice the tile errors, they have been fixed ( the tree and smaller trees)
Snowstone:
Rating: 9/10
Comments: For Snowstone, I really have no comments for it. It's a pretty beautiful town and I'm jelly of your tiles. The only complaints that I have is that the snow path tile looks super pixelated and is actually kind of jarring.

The route:
Comments: I'd give this a higher rating, but for some reason, it feels empty. It's probably just me though. O_o Other than that, it's pretty cool...

Name: Windbreak Town
Game: Pokémon Pure Silver (Hack of FireRed)
Comments: First town of my hack. Not much else to say here. :P
Map:
Spoiler:

#386 Rayquaza
The Sky High Pokémon

"A Pokémon that flies endlessly in the ozone layer. It is said it would descend to the ground if and
were to fight."

Theme bystuffstuffstuffstuffstuff

Old May 20th, 2014, 10:19 AM
MUDKIPS4LIFE
Hack Player.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyain View Post
Snowstone:
Name: Windbreak Town
Game: Pokémon Pure Silver (Hack of FireRed)
Comments: First town of my hack. Not much else to say here.
Map:
Spoiler:

I like the map, there a couple areas where the shadings a bit off, and some points of the map are a bit linear
8/10

Name: Anoyan Town
Game: I'll think of a name.... eventually XD
Base: Ruby
Comments: The bottom right's a bit linear because the player can't see it
Credits: Alistair & PHO - tiles
Spoiler:

This ferocious beast is stronger then Chuck Norris. Bigger then Godzilla. He will crush you in seconds. He is a beast. That blush? Blood from a baby he ate earlier.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
DracoBio

@MUDKIPS4LIFE
The town is quite nice,but the south part is a bit empty.Fill it with something.I don't have any other suggestions.Overall amaizing map.There are no tile errors and the tiles are also very good.

Now my map:
Name: Greenwood City
Game: Pokemon Adamant Blue
Base: Fire Red
Comments: The map is quite big,and it's hard to find all tile errors.I know that I left too much empty
space.
~I haven't mapped since 2010,so don't be too harsh.And sorry for the bad English.~
Attached Images
File Type: png Greenwood.png‎ (262.9 KB, 62 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by DracoBio; May 23rd, 2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 01:50 PM
Dark Sneasel
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoBio View Post
@MUDKIPS4LIFE
The town is quite nice,but the south part is a bit empty.Fill it with something.I don't have any other suggestions.Overall amaizing map.There are no tile errors and the tiles are also very good.

Now my map:
Name: Greenwood City
Game: Pokemon Adamant Blue
Comments: The map is quite big,and it's hard to find all tile errors.I know that I left too much empty
space.
~I haven't mapped since 2010,so don't be so harsh.And sorry for the bad English.~
Well the map looks pretty good, but I do see some flaws in it. One of them is a tile error near the game corner building, the other one is that the gym, pokemon center, and mart are too close. Not really an error, but in my opinion that just makes it look pretty bad. I think some people would disagree though. Something else is in the sand, it looks too plain, I would add a rock there or something, and there are too many one tile paths... but overall it's a great map and would be fun to play through, and if you want a number in your rating, then 8/10. Fixing those things would make it awesome, and a 10/10.

~~And my map~~
Name: Route 2
Game: Pokemon Fluorite
Comments: Credits to Wesley FG for the grass/tree tiles. And yeah I know about the error in the right side of the map, I already fixed it.

Spoiler:
Pokémon Emerald Specials
#SlowDownFigi

^Coolest irc... ever
Old May 25th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Kenny1
No, not gonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sneasel View Post
~~And my map~~
Name: Route 2
Game: Pokemon Fluorite
Comments: Credits to Wesley FG for the grass/tree tiles. And yeah I know about the error in the right side of the map, I already fixed it.

Spoiler:
I give it a 9/10.
I like the tiles, I think you used them very well.
I think it is a good combination of nature, but keeping in mind that the player still has to be able to walk.
One of the things I don't like about it is that the building looks a bit long, and the tree's are a bit too aligned.

Here is my map:
Name: Route 1 (Not final)
Game: Pokemon Aura Adventures
Credits to Zeo for the tiles.
Spoiler:

Join the Hack Rom Smash Revolution Here!:
http://hackromsmash.forumcommunity.net/
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here