The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM
shinylugia249
I'm back

Advertise here
Welcome to Pokémon Adventures Ryen official thread!
Pkmn Adventures Ryen
Game information
SL249
Author
SL249, O.G.Duke, tImE, Megiddo
Team
Progressing!
Status
Beta
Release
Pokemon Ryen's back and as you may have noticed it's betther than ever before. The thread died after the game's first beta release back in december but no worries the game didn't! I've been working behind the scenes each day on expanding on what the demo already had improving the graphics, music quality, storyline , etc... Expect another demo with stunning quality to arrive soon guys! Opinions and concerns are welcome and it wouldn't hurt to place a support banner in your sig :p

Visit my deviantart aswell. I will be usually posting things up there before I do here.

Your Story

Life can be hard, and well, you known that better than anyone. Prior to the events of Pokémon Ryen you , a young child descending from the town known as Pallet, came to a cross-road in life. Your father had just recently left your family and well life with your mother wasn't exactly the best. Together with a barrage of nightmares you decided to leave home, as in run away, in order to find a reason to keep on pushing foward. Along that journey you make friends with the bycycle gangs of Kanto, avoid capture from the police, and discover yourself as a whole; but that's a story for another game ;).

The events of this story take place 2 years after your departure. Now at home you, the champion of the kanto region, are heading towards the ryen region to meet Prof.Oak, and old friend of your mother and father. He mentioned something about another champioship. At the same time you wonder why your mother let you go in the first place knowing you had left home before. I guess she was just happy to see you happy for once.

You're heading towards Citric Beach in the technological marvel known as SS Citrus. On the way you enjoy a movie the ship's theatre. You head outside and meet up with your old friend, Green. At the moment he challenges to a match you reach for Pokémon only to discover thet they are not there. You run back to the shore hoping to check the ship for you friends only to discover it had already left. You fall to the ground in sheer sorrow. The very same creatures that helped you discover who you were are now gone. What are you to do? What you don't known is What you will discover as you travel along the Ryen region will be completely unexpected and completely out of this world...

Character Bios (Sprites will be added as soon as they are finished)

Hero/Heroine
Bio: He/she can be quiet and drepressed at times. Extremely kind and cmpasionate towards anyone he/she meets making friends very easily.
Postion: Trainer and Champion of the Kanto region.

Mike/chelsea
Bio: A trainer residing in the Ryen region. You first meet up by Rising City engaging in a friendly battle before challenging the gym leader
Position: trainer of the Ryen region.

Green
Bio: Your rival, old friend, and grandson of the famous Prof.Oak. You used to be neighbors back in pallet. He can act very childish at times yet you won't hesitate talking to him or hanging out every once in a while.
Position: Trainer and former champion of the Kanto region.

Professor Oak
Bio: Known as the reknown professor of the Kanto region. Although he lead the search for your return 2 years back he has complete trust in all of you decisions and has complete faith that you will acomplish any task he gives you no matter how difficult.
Position: Pokémon Researcher

Mom
Bio: Although she cares for you very deeply she had some trouble supporting you and herself 2 years back. She was devestated when you ran away and will find any way to contact you no matter how far away you are.
Position: Mother

???
Bio: ???
Position: ???

Videos

Screenshots

Demo

Download Beta 1

The beta goes up to the battle with Saturn (right after the 2nd gym leader). Graphics are outdated but it should give you the basic idea of how the game will eventually turn out.

Support Banners

Spoiler:

Code:

Spoiler:

Code:

Let the world know! Spread the word about Ryen!

Team

Shinylugia249: Maps, Eventing, Minor Scripting, Ideas, Tile-Spriting, Founder
O.G.DUke: CO-Founder, scripting help,
Ryushin5: Beta-Tester
PokemonOI: Beta-Tester
Megiddo: Music help
tImE: TIle-Spriting

Credits

-Poccil-The starter kit that started it all
-VGMusic-Some Great Midis
-FMP-For some great character designs
-tImE-Some Tiles
-FMP, JV, and OG for constantly helping me with scripting. Thanks guys!
-JV-The awsome thread layout

You've waited and now we're back!

Stay tuned!

Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.

Last edited by shinylugia249; August 27th, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:56 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

No way, where did this come from? It just seemed to appear half way down the page.

Anyway, you already know how much I like all of those screens from DA, but everything else looks great too. The logo's great. Really happy to see the best game on PC back!

Demo Beta out Now!

Old July 31st, 2010, 03:04 AM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Wow dude, ryen is now totaly awesome, it was but now is better, i love your tiles, new tree on left side of Oak Office. I waiting for next beta.

Old July 31st, 2010, 03:06 AM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
It's back!? Awesome! This game is probably my favourite game here on PC. The graphics are just gorgeous, and the storyline is really nice too. I remember I enjoyed the old beta, so I can't wait until this next version comes out. The graphics are just immense!

Oh yeah, and just send me a PM if you need anything Lugia.

Last edited by Riceeman; July 31st, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:28 AM
Vociferocity
[ bad girls do it well ]

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Vociferocity
looking good! the tiles are gorgeous, and the plot sounds mildly interesting. one thing though, the 'your story' part has quite a few errors in it, things like "knowing you had left home o leave home before". I'd recommend reading over it once or twice more. :)
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:36 AM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Yes! Ryen's back!
Everything's looking wonderful. The tiles look great, and the overworlds are looking nice.
I'm looking forward to seeing more from this game.
Old July 31st, 2010, 07:17 AM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Wow there aren't a lot of games here I get impressed with, but this is definitely one!
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:55 AM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
Whoa, man did know you made the new thread already, it's looking real nice. :D
Old July 31st, 2010, 09:05 AM
Zephyr+
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Oh, nice, Ryen's back! The graphics look fabulous, although I question why you're sticking with RSE overworlds (a matter of tastes, I guess). I played the demo when it came out and found it fun! Keep it up!

(...with Uranium's thread layout, too... pretty soon we shall take over ALL of the Showcase! hahaha)
Old July 31st, 2010, 09:11 AM
ayevdayev
Legend

Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
This is awesome, downloading it right now

G
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:41 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
WHOA! This just popped back up out of nowhere, just downloaded the beta game looks good so far
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:40 PM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Hey, nice to see the thread is up! :D

Everything is looking awsome, as usual. :P

tImE~
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:41 PM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ForeverRed
Great comeback!
And also whatever the other people said

Pokémon Ammolite

Might return, don't take my word on it.

DeviantArt
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:18 AM
romdinner
Gazing at the sky...

Nature: Brave
it looks awsome , keep up the good work .
i had a problem: i downloaded the beta but when i click to start the game ,the game screen appears and then it closes . i was so looking forward to trying the beta
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
ooooh~ Ryen is back, Ryen is back! This brightened my day right when I saw it! First off, everything looks fantastic and I'm so happy to see it being continued! Also, the thread CSS is gorgeous (I love the Wiki styled Information Box you gave it <3).

Everything looks fantastic, but I did find two or three spelling errors in the storyline but I don't see anything wrong other than that.

In any case, keep it up! :3
Old August 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM
WillPowerPedro
https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson

Nature: Jolly
Great! Ryen keeps on getting better and better.

I just released a few albums a couple days ago. If you go to my tumblr, there are links there!
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:42 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

I don't even know how you did it, but this game is even more beautiful then before. With sprites, anyway. If the story is like before, then that should be good. Only problem is with pokeballs next to water, their reflection is on the rock itself... but I think you noticed that. I also really like the menu, too. Can't wait to see more. Good luck with it again, man.
Old August 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

Nature: Bold
What can I say the graphics and mapping are excellent!!!! The Only thing I have to say is you need to be more consistent with your tiles, you have what seems to be HGSS tiles and then the merge of D/P/P tiles you can use all of them but use a pallet that you like and make them have a common ground!

Great job kid!

Old August 6th, 2010, 08:49 AM
kujika
Beginning Trainer

Really like it
Have to try out battle yet though-
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Chad -

Nature: Lax
This is incredible! The graphics look amazing!! I especially like the second row screens (night time). The game looks realistic; in a way xD Good luck on this game.
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Ven
Tyrian

Ah so it's back!
I'm really happy you made your own OW style, since your tiles have such a distinct look.
I really love the colors, they make the game look nice and bright. A lot of games nowadays are trying to use the sea-through water effect, and most either use it too much, or just don't know how to map the sea-floor, you however use it perfectly.
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:02 AM
papacitoloko111789
Beginning Trainer

Looks like you put quite an effort in the overworld. Nice work man. Keep it up.
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Melvern
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Melvern
Yay Ryen is back! i am waiting for this time lol O.O anyways the screenshots is great i like the tiles

Last edited by Melvern; August 15th, 2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Awesome! I remember playing the old demo, and just LOVED the graqphics in it. Really a beautiful game man. Can't wait to see more from it! :D
Old August 21st, 2010, 11:38 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
This is probably a stupid question but what program do I use to run the demo because it looks really really good?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here