The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 28th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Rossmania
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
My favorite and quickest place to train my pokemon is on One Island.

Use Surf to leave the main part of the island and move up kindle road until you get to the Ember Spa.

Most of you already know but in the kindle spa you can go in the middle of the Spa and your pokemon will be fully healed.

Outside of the spa are 5 trainers, two of them in together for a double battle. Use the VS. Seeker to take part in the double battle and battle the two martial artists.

When you're pokemon are hurt, just take a relaxing trip to the Ember Spa, while at the same time recharging your VS. Seeker.
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:25 AM
.Kaiser
Trainer

VS Seeking and Islands in FR/LG, in front of Evergrande in R/S/E.
Old July 28th, 2010, 06:29 PM
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Nature: Calm
I dont have any kanto or johto games so all i can say is victory road in r/s/e

or if your ev trainin poochyena are good attack evs while spinda are good sp attack evs.

i dont usualy focus on other evs because then it becomes more of a "job"
Old July 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM
XxRogueTrainerxX
Needs a better username

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to XxRogueTrainerxX
I kept challenging Gabby and Ty on Routes 111, 119, and 120 (I think those were the routes). It's an unusual way to train, but this was before I started EV training. Anyway, the levels of their Pokémon capped off at 39, and they actually yielded some good experience.

Soulsilver Friend Code: 0646-9647-2624

Wi-Fi Battle Stats:

W: 30
L: 6
D: 0
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Victory Road, but then again I only train one Pokemon throughout the game and beat the Gyms and E4 with only that Pokemon :3
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Victory Road and V.S Seeking in FR/LG and in front of Evergrande in Emerald.
Old August 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
If you have FR/LG, use the Vs. Seeker in places like Route 15 (East of Fuchsia) and Route 16 (West of Celadon, top of Cycling Road). Those two areas have large concentrations of trainers who are close to each other so you'll get quite a few battles per use of the Vs Seeker.

Sadly, there is no Vs Seeker in Hoenn, so you're stuck on Victory Road, which kinda sucks for your Pokemon that can't deal with Rock/Ground types and/or Golbat.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:15 AM
scizor007
Vengeance

Nature: Hardy
Vs seeking on One island/On cycling road in FR/LG.After beating the E-4,however Seven islands are
much better (two "cooltrainers" just above the Unown caves)-Together,they give approx. 25000 exp....really helps.

In R/S/E,however, Gabby&Ty are probably the best.Usually i take an Earthquaker
with any frail pokemon,so that The EQer gets the whole lot......a tiresome process,though.
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Itstoppedatumbreon
Destroying Zubats since 1996

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Itstoppedatumbreon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard★ View Post
Victory Road, but then again I only train one Pokemon throughout the game and beat the Gyms and E4 with only that Pokemon :3
same, i did the league on emerald with a level 70 blaziken and then a bunch of low 30s
Old August 11th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Nature: Naughty
I spent a lot of time training my team in Sky Pillar before the Elite 4 on Emerald but this isn't so good for pokemon with only normal type moves.
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:38 PM
yuki3056
Grass Types own

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to yuki3056 Send a message via Skype™ to yuki3056
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRogueTrainerxX View Post
I kept challenging Gabby and Ty on Routes 111, 119, and 120 (I think those were the routes). It's an unusual way to train, but this was before I started EV training. Anyway, the levels of their Pokémon capped off at 39, and they actually yielded some good experience.
This is a better method than Victory Road couple this method with an amulet coin and you get a ton of money too not just levels.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
Gardenia101
Official Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to Gardenia101 Send a message via Skype™ to Gardenia101
I like using One Island, personally. Although really I also wander around aimlessly.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
sagengi
Beginning Trainer

If you mean in Firered/Leafgreen the best place to train would be on Cycling Road right outside of Celadon City with the VS Seeker. There are about 6 trainers on screen. I was able to train all my Pokemon past Level 55 fairly quickly.

Emerald is the hardest one to train because Sky Pillar Pokemon are significantly weaker. I'd just train in the Victory Road. I was disappointed in that game.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:30 PM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
for R/S, Victory Road's ending area(Wally's Area) and the part before it.
in FR/LG, ive never had to do much training before, usually using Victory Road to supplement.
for Emerald, Top Floor of Sky Pillar. (on another note, though, its quite disappionting that it's so hard to level up, the highest level to train against that gives any amount of EXP is only Lv. 40.)

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:20 PM
★Symbiosis★
★Pokemon Master★
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
As many have said and will keep saying the best place to train in any pokemon game before the elite 4 is victory road which is time consuming.If your not to underleveled you could try to beat as many as the elite 4 pokemon as u can and gain alot more exp then u would from victory road.

Like with me i had in platinum all 3 starters time i got to Elite 4 and they were under leveled so what i did was used My Infernape to wipe the First elite 4 member.

then used my empoleon to wipe the 2nd and 3rd then normally would lose to the 4th or champion.

But if u keep doing that and even if u lose ure getting alot of exp for each pokemon u take down.

My PC
Windows 8.1 64 Bit | 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled | Razer Naga Epic | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 | Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 | LG - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor

Pokemon X | Name: Symbiosis | ID No: 15133 | Pokedex: 237 | Time: 47:14 | Badges: 6 | Adventure Started On: 8/29/2014
Pokecommunity | Facebook

Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:54 AM
bhavit
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty
For me its the VIctory Road

Before The Elite Four I leveled up each pokemon to Lvl 60 here
Old August 28th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Red Mustang
PC's Resident Cowgirl

I VS Seek at One Island.

Works for me.
Old August 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
In R/S/E, I train in Victory Road and against the Trainer's Eyes/Match Call trainers. In FR/LG, I train in Victory Road and Vs. Seeker some of the other trainers I find in Kanto.
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Elite Four Brendan
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
I use seven island and six island for my training ground also i use E4 to help a bit
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
This hasn't been posted in since 2010. Please don't revive threads that are over a month old.

Locked.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here