The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 12th, 2010, 06:19 PM
lizardman974
I'm honestly just that awesome

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Wait, you couldn't mine Dusk Stones before? So THAT'S why I could get every other stone except that one (and Sun Stone of course).

Old August 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardman974 View Post
Wait, you couldn't mine Dusk Stones before? So THAT'S why I could get every other stone except that one (and Sun Stone of course).
Yeah Dusk Stones were a last minute addition, and I forgot to put them on the mining list. Crafting 7 rings just didn't feel right to me for whatever reason, so I made it an even 8.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Taichi
The Keyblader of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Yeah Dusk Stones were a last minute addition, and I forgot to put them on the mining list. Crafting 7 rings just didn't feel right to me for whatever reason, so I made it an even 8.
But don't you know 7 is the magic number when it comes to something super awesome. 7 Dragon Balls, 7 Chaos Emeralds (After they retconned the 8 emerald thing. lol), etc. lol I'm joking.
Can't wait to make those rings.
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Update 9:30 PST:
- Fixed Mismagius Sprites
- Removed weird event in the Laurel Lab.

Brown:

Twitter
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:41 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
The Dusk Stone doesn't work. I am trying to evolve Misdreavus, but it doesn't work. Also, I had to cheat to get Misdreavus, because I couldn't find one in the graveyard. You made them scarce, I think. Can you fix these problems?

By the way, what weird event?

Last edited by pokemonlover493; August 13th, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
I discovered a major glitch with the game corner prizes, the prizes listed are:

Kangaskahn
Eevee
Porygon

Selecting Kangaskahn gives you Gligar, selecting Eevee gives you Ryhorn, and selecting Porygon gives you Tyrouge, can you please fix this glitch?

Edit: Sorry, downloaded the new version, my bad!

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

Last edited by Masterge77; August 13th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:14 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
I have a suggestion, why not update the download so that there is only a readme and there is like a password or something on it that they need to pm you? It takes more time but at least you know then they've read the readme.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:15 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Ladies and Gentleman, ANOTHER person who fails to follow the procedure on reporting glitches. Maybe I should just rename the readme.txt to "REAMEORMOTHER****INGDIEYOUGODDAMNRETARDEDDUMBASS.TXT"

Sorry, that was a mistake. It won't happen again.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
Glad to know that I can finally get dusk stones. I'm getting the update right now. Priority one on my copy: get the Prism Ring. I have a feeling that it might be very important later on, plus it will give me something to do while I look for the legendary.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!

Last edited by The Corrupt Plague; August 13th, 2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Added a space in one of the words because the text looked ugly lumped together like that.
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Nature: Modest
I bet you the legendary is in the first cave after you fall in the hole and it is pitch black... mind you I searched around to see if there was anything besides that guy in there but came up short.

And I thought of something the CBM could do to give us a hint about the legendary. Either give one or two word hints either per day or per week or else we could do a '20 questions' kind of thing where we can ask one question each and CBM answers yes or no to them. Only yes or no questions are used in it though.

Last edited by k-van; August 13th, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
There is nothing in that cave. I used a gameshark code to light it up and it showed nothing interesting, just one small room of nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Prism Summer 2010 beta_01.png‎ (4.7 KB, 54 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!

Last edited by The Corrupt Plague; August 13th, 2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Period should have been a comma.
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Zowayix
hi

Ladies and Gentleman, ANOTHER person who fails to follow the procedure on reporting glitches. Maybe I should just rename the readme.txt to "REAMEORMOTHER****INGDIEYOUGODDAMNRETARDEDDUMBASS.TXT"
Here's an idea (not sure if it works):

The Prism download is a zip file. Inside the zip file is the readme and a second password-locked zip file with the patch. The password to the second zip is at the bottom of the readme.
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Taichi
The Keyblader of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowayix View Post

The Prism download is a zip file. Inside the zip file is the readme and a second password-locked zip file with the patch. The password to the second zip is at the bottom of the readme.
Genius dude. CBM, you should definitely do this. That'll teach everyone.
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Sleepwalker
Some Kind Of Monster

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowayix View Post

Knowing how people are, they'd only open the Readme to get the password. Wouldn't read another word in it.
Old August 13th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

That wouldn't work. I'd just get a bunch of PM's and replies asking me for the password, and I'd just reply to them with the same message.

Brown:

Twitter
Old August 13th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
Well apparently, many people are lazy and don't read the readme. So just post instructions on submitting a glitch on the first page of this thread, as well as a message right before the title screen or something (or maybe on the file select screen?) Heck, you could put a large sign in the first town that screams "READ THE README FILE" if you wanted. Anyways those are some good updates, might I suggest explaining how blackjack and poker work for us? Thanks ^_^!
Old August 13th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Perry_
Beginning Trainer

Going off the above idea you could script an NPC to walk up to the player just as they come out of the cave and shout at them to read the readme.
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Ok ok I'll give a hint. Someone in this thread is somewhat close to finding the legendary.

MAYBE.

And I won't say who.

Like I said, IT'S SOMETHING YOU WON'T EXPECT. So if you're thinking of just finding a room with Moltres or Lugia inside you'll be sadly disappointed.

Clathrite Tunnel will be an icy cave full of puzzles. Many different from the Icy Path.

Brown:

Twitter

Last edited by Coolboyman; August 14th, 2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Melash
Back for now.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Ok ok I'll give a hint. Someone in this thread is somewhat close to finding the legendary.

MAYBE.

And I won't say who.

Like I said, IT'S SOMETHING YOU WON'T EXPECT. So if you're thinking of just finding a room with Moltres or Lugia inside you'll be sadly disappointed.
I honestly think I'm the one who's kind of the right track. Although I could easily be just as wrong.

So here's what I think after what he said:

I really think this is a Pokemon that will appear in the wild (not a standing legendary) ONLY on a certain date. As an example:

Let's assume this Pokemon is Articuno. I know it isn't, but I'm just going to say that for this situation. Now then, perhaps it will appear in the routes outside of Caper City (snow routes) on a specific date, such as December 25th. Just an idea.

Since you're saying it's something we wouldn't expect, what exactly defines a legendary Pokemon? I've never played any of the games past RSE, so it would be helpful if someone here could list all of the legendaries. Then we could narrow down the list to just a few.
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melash View Post
I honestly think I'm the one who's kind of the right track. Although I could easily be just as wrong.

So here's what I think after what he said:

I really think this is a Pokemon that will appear in the wild (not a standing legendary) ONLY on a certain date. As an example:

Let's assume this Pokemon is Articuno. I know it isn't, but I'm just going to say that for this situation. Now then, perhaps it will appear in the routes outside of Caper City (snow routes) on a specific date, such as December 25th. Just an idea.

Since you're saying it's something we wouldn't expect, what exactly defines a legendary Pokemon? I've never played any of the games past RSE, so it would be helpful if someone here could list all of the legendaries. Then we could narrow down the list to just a few.
All of the legendaries are:
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Suicune
  • Raikou
  • Entei
  • Ho-Oh
  • Lugia
  • Celebi
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Azelf
  • Mesprit
  • Uxie
  • Heatran
  • Cresselia
  • Phione
  • Manaphy
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Shaymin
  • Deoxys
  • Arceus

Now that I've posted that, for some wierd reason, I think it's Phione... Also, Rotom is sometimes considered a legendary.
Also, I doubt it's a Kanto or Johto legendary, so that leaves Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Last edited by Superjub; August 14th, 2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Melash
Back for now.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
All of the legendaries are:
<snip>
Now that I've posted that, for some wierd reason, I think it's Phione... Also, Rotom is sometimes considered a legendary.
I honestly wished I've DPpT so I would have a better idea of the legendaries from that game. Also, any comments or criticism on my theory would be appreciated.
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melash View Post
I honestly wished I've DPpT so I would have a better idea of the legendaries from that game. Also, any comments or criticism on my theory would be appreciated.
There is always Bulbapedia.
Old August 14th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

I have an idea. I just found Rock Smash and I'm looking around. Are there any other HMs besides Cut in this game?
Old August 14th, 2010, 05:14 AM
RedFan
Master Trainer

nice hack i can even play it on my cell XD
Old August 14th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
CBM, Could you tell us some things that the legendary ISN'T? If it does not appear on a certain date, you should tell us so people won't be sitting around waiting for like, Christmas only to not find it on that day. Or it might really be programmed to appear on that day and most people miss it and have to wait a year or something. Just clear up anything people say that is n00bish and Farfetch'd.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here