The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2010, 02:41 PM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
WAY TO GO pokemonlover. You just ruined the whole game with the guessing what the legendary is. I suggest you delete the post now and send a PM to CBM. That is what Master Terrador did after I told him not to give away the secret on the previous page. Look at what I said and you will understand....

And were you at lv30 for it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found a much easier way to get a prism stone then to try and make one at the jewelers. But I will only tell people that are at lv30 for jeweling and have taken the time to try and actually get it. PM me if you want to find out.

Last edited by k-van; August 15th, 2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:07 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-van View Post
WAY TO GO pokemonlover. You just ruined the whole game with the guessing what the legendary is. I suggest you delete the post now and send a PM to CBM. That is what Master Terrador did after I told him not to give away the secret on the previous page. Look at what I said and you will understand....

And were you at lv30 for it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found a much easier way to get a prism stone then to try and make one at the jewelers. But I will only tell people that are at lv30 for jeweling and have taken the time to try and actually get it. PM me if you want to find out.
I didn't think that was what the legendary was, because I didn't think it would be considered one, beacause of its pokedex page number.
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

You guys know what? Forget the legendary, let CBM finish the game.
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Roareye
a.k.a. Khaladar

30 Jewelling. Got the prism stone. Now what.
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Use it on a Eevee. You got a new Pokemon!
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Nature: Relaxed
I would like to get a confirmation from Coolboyman that the Pokemon you receive after using the Prism Ring on Eevee is indeed the legendary.

It really would make sense, he said that it was something we wouldn't expect.

Kinda disappointed that my previous theory was incorrect.
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Yea it's the legendary, good job!

I consider it a legendary because you have a 1/(130 - Jeweling Level) chance of making a Prism Stone. And it takes a LOT of time to get to level 30. It can learn all the moves the Eevee evolutions can by leveling up, and can learn every single TM/HM. So you actually have to WORK to get it, and I plan on Legendaries in the future being really difficult to find, so they actually live up to their titles - LEGENDARY.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:16 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

I'm disappointed, because, I got the legendary, and I think I caught every pokemon that can be caught in the beta.
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM
GaXeL
Feraligatr Master

Question. What would be considered an abnormal type? xD

My sub
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Taichi
The Keyblader of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Yea it's the legendary, good job!

I consider it a legendary because you have a 1/(130 - Jeweling Level) chance of making a Prism Stone. And it takes a LOT of time to get to level 30. It can learn all the moves the Eevee evolutions can by leveling up, and can learn every single TM/HM. So you actually have to WORK to get it, and I plan on Legendaries in the future being really difficult to find, so they actually live up to their titles - LEGENDARY.
I still wanted that Epic Swellow with the Legendary music. It'd be hilarious if you put a Swellow with legendary music later on in a future beta as a Faux Legendary and make someone go on a wild goose chase for a frickin swellow. They'd be so pissed. (But I'd be like AWESOME!)
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:37 PM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Nature: Modest
Now that the cat is out of the bag, what move types is prism (Prizmeon's pokemon type) weak against?
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
I finally know what the sixth member of my Prism team is going to be, though I will admit that it would have been pretty funny to see "Bite Me" come back as a one time joke.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:47 PM
zdude0127
Togepi

I have a question that has been bugging the hell out of me for a while now. Why did you change the TM list back to the original list from GSC? In my opinion, that is the worst TM list in the entire franchise. GSC was the best generation, but the TM list sucked.
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude0127 View Post
I have a question that has been bugging the hell out of me for a while now. Why did you change the TM list back to the original list from GSC? In my opinion, that is the worst TM list in the entire franchise. GSC was the best generation, but the TM list sucked.
It's a patience issue. I did not have the patience to set the new TM/HM flags for every single Pokemon. However I'm planning to have move tutors later on to teach moves that the TM's taught in the previous prism version.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:37 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
I think I can recall seeing an NPC that used to be found in the old 2007 beta at Laurel city that said that a Pokemon's spirit can be found circling the town every night. Was that part of a scrapped plotline? He's nowhere to be found in the new one. As outdated as the old beta is, I find it very interesting to compare it to the current one.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:27 PM
dooshboi

Great hack. You know you should do a tutorial on ASM, you seem to comprehend it better than a lot of people (obviously because of your hacks) so yeah, a tutorial from you could be a lot less confusing than one of those more buisness-like tutorials you see on different websites. Don't get me wrong, z80 assembly is complex, but it can't be too hard to teach.
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corrupt Plague View Post
I think I can recall seeing an NPC that used to be found in the old 2007 beta at Laurel city that said that a Pokemon's spirit can be found circling the town every night. Was that part of a scrapped plotline? He's nowhere to be found in the new one. As outdated as the old beta is, I find it very interesting to compare it to the current one.
I remember that NPC too. Perhaps it was moved to another town, and it will be a future event. That's got me interested to go back in and compare the two versions further..
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Quick question for future releases.
How are you going to make Leafeon, and Glaceon available in the game?

Question about current release.
Why did you make Masquerain available in this beta but not Surskit? You get Masquerain by headbutting trees.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
wow CBM,
every single thing you changed or added or edited in your hacks simply amazed my every single time, but right now you really disappointed me, and then I mean that I'm REALLY disappointed.
I mean: Adding Fakemon? It's so not like you, and yet you did it.. phew..
PLEASE tell me that Prizmeon (or whatever its name is) is the ONLY one you added, please!
You didn't have to add it, I mean: Most people hate the fact that hackers put fakemons in their games, and yet YOU did it, you really disapointed me, your hack is what I believe one of the most popular hacks around here, adding fakemon really doesn't make your hack more popular!
I always loved pokemon Prism, but right now I don't know what to think anymore, you kinda got me confused, from what I've seen in Brown and Prism: this is so not like you..

Spoiler:

Please don't be rude to me and think this is some kind of hate post, I know you are kind of pissed off about lot's of posts you get, but I don't want to offend you with this post, really!
I know you can get upset quickly if something doesn't go the way it has to go, since you've got asperger's (If I'm not mistaken(?)) my brother has it too, so you can say I kinda understand the way you think,
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:36 PM
lizardman974
I'm honestly just that awesome

Nature: Adamant
GUYS! I revived an Anorith, and it was holding a Green Orb! You can get fossils (very rarely) from mining. You need a fossil and 15 coal to revive it in the Laurel Labs.

Old August 17th, 2010, 06:08 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzakoe View Post
wow CBM,
every single thing you changed or added or edited in your hacks simply amazed my every single time, but right now you really disappointed me, and then I mean that I'm REALLY disappointed.
I mean: Adding Fakemon? It's so not like you, and yet you did it.. phew..
PLEASE tell me that Prizmeon (or whatever its name is) is the ONLY one you added, please!
You didn't have to add it, I mean: Most people hate the fact that hackers put fakemons in their games, and yet YOU did it, you really disapointed me, your hack is what I believe one of the most popular hacks around here, adding fakemon really doesn't make your hack more popular!
I always loved pokemon Prism, but right now I don't know what to think anymore, you kinda got me confused, from what I've seen in Brown and Prism: this is so not like you..

Spoiler:

Please don't be rude to me and think this is some kind of hate post, I know you are kind of pissed off about lot's of posts you get, but I don't want to offend you with this post, really!
I know you can get upset quickly if something doesn't go the way it has to go, since you've got asperger's (If I'm not mistaken(?)) my brother has it too, so you can say I kinda understand the way you think,
When you're clever enough to make a hack, you can put no fakemon in it, ok?
Just remember, fakemon = originality.
legendary fakemon you get from evolving eevee with a special item = originality at maximum.
m'kay?
So, here's hoping for more legendary fakemon that are hard to get!
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
Well...I'm sorry I have to agree with pizzakoe. I would have thought sticking to true Pokemon originality would be better for the hacks image. But like you said CBM, it is your game so there is nothing stopping you, nor is Prizmeon going to be ruining my experience. Just keep in mind, we are not trying to complain, only trying to help :). I have an idea. You could create 2 slightly altered Prism versions, one without Fakemon for the "originalists" or whatever. Its up to you, consider what other people may say about this later on, and good luck as always :D!

PS: might I suggest: don't make the legendaries TOO impossible to get. you want it to be hard, but not pull-your-hairs-out-and-scream-cuss-words-for-an-hour-hard. I'm sure people will want to have another Pokedex-completion race, but you want people to like it right? Good luck man!
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Melash
Back for now.

I don't see why anyone should be making a big deal about Prizmeon. It's ONE Fakemon. Personally, I hate Fakemon. Most of them are poorly done. However, this Fakemon is extremely hard to get. Unless you read through this thread, you probably wouldn't even know about it. Just my two cents.
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:14 PM
axman11224

If it was a real Poke'mon, no one would be complaining. So pretend like its a real Poke'mon!!1
To be honest though, I haven't seen it yet, but reading through this thread, I have to commend you on your originality on that one. You said it was something we wouldn't expect and you were right. I was actually kinda worried that you would have put an over-powered high level legendary this early on haha
The fact that this is only a small taste of what the final version is gonna contain, both in terms of the whole experience and in terms of surprises, is amazing.
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:05 AM
adipasa
Amateur Hacker

Never doubt with that (fakemon).

i will support your hack CBM !
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here