Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Gold hack: [Hack of the Year 2007] Pokémon Prism [Summer 2010 Beta - Download now available!]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old August 29th, 2010 (03:33 PM).
Biggest Scyther Fan
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
what game is this a hack of
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old August 29th, 2010 (03:38 PM).
Dragon at heart
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by imevil:
what game is this a hack of
IIRC, the official website said it was a hack of American Gold version.

Do the best with whatever you can today.
Then tomorrow, you will have surely progressed.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Dreamy Somnom Labyrinth
Old August 29th, 2010 (03:38 PM).
Former IRC Maid

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Mirby Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mirby Send a message via Yahoo to Mirby Send a message via Skype™ to Mirby
Gold. It says so in the readme file included with the beta.
Old August 29th, 2010 (04:25 PM).
Biggest Scyther Fan
Silver Tier

all right thanks, this hack looks really fun
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old August 29th, 2010 (07:23 PM).
Roaming Johto

Nature: Adamant
Well, I think I've now played through the beta to its entirety, and there's a couple of things I'd like to comment on. Firstly, I absolutely love the use of all the Pinball tracks, and even a couple borrowed from other games! I think alot of the more unique ones are references alot of people might miss, but as I said about the Cheetahmen, I was grinning like an idiot the whole way through :D

The storyline is great - finally what I've personally been looking for, Pokemon game mechanics applied to a much darker theme. Use of humour's also pretty good again, alot of references in there I absolutely loved, like Quartz.

The gyms look incredible. Great job! I guess I never realised until now how bland the ordinary gyms are! They kind of remind me of the awesome detail in the GR Forts (gym equivalents) of the TCG2 GBC game - were they an inspiration at all?

I really really like how you kept the original Brown tiles for Botan city! I got nostalgia highs from it :D I can't wait to see what's happened to the rest of Rijon. Also want to commend you on the item system - not just on implementing crafting skills, but tying it into Pokemon is very clever, like wild Caterpies holding silk, etc. I hope there's more hold item cleverness to come :D

One question - will the zoo remain, or has it morphed into the orphanage? I did quite like the idea of having to pick up and donate specific Pokemon, and being able to see your own progress in the landscape. Overall - congratulations. I think as the next step for Prism, it's exceeded expectations (the number of new features/mechanics alone is staggering..) - as always, will be watching future developments eagerly

-box
Old August 29th, 2010 (08:42 PM).
GG

Nature: Modest
The storyline is great.

I always wanted one to revolve around Lance.

I'll try it out!
Old August 30th, 2010 (04:23 PM).

This had been frustrating me to no end, so i decided to come here for the answer. How many stones of each/how much ash is needed to create the prism stone?
Old August 30th, 2010 (09:07 PM).
Missingno. hunter

By the way, did you know that you can save Totodile without getting any coupons? The Charizard may be overpowered, but it's still beatable if you have Quilava and if you are willing to abuse savestates. The "trick" is to make sure it uses Dragon rage first and if your Quilava has enough HP to take it (41 or above), spam smokescreen to make it's attacks keep missing. Yes, It's technically cheating because of the savestate abuse, but I was Easter egg hunting and I wanted to see if anything different would happen. Speaking of easter eggs, look at the tombstones! There are some amusing messages on a select few of them.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old August 31st, 2010 (05:37 AM).
Roaming Johto

Quote originally posted by The Corrupt Plague:
By the way, did you know that you can save Totodile without getting any coupons? The Charizard may be overpowered, but it's still beatable if you have Quilava and if you are willing to abuse savestates. The "trick" is to make sure it uses Dragon rage first and if your Quilava has enough HP to take it (41 or above), spam smokescreen to make it's attacks keep missing. Yes, It's technically cheating because of the savestate abuse, but I was Easter egg hunting and I wanted to see if anything different would happen. Speaking of easter eggs, look at the tombstones! There are some amusing messages on a select few of them.
Ha! Awesome, I didn't even know you COULD fight the Charizard. I <3 the non-linearity of Prism.. Something tells me there's alot more to explore in the Pokemon solo quests we still haven't found
Old September 1st, 2010 (02:37 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by mortal_edward:
This had been frustrating me to no end, so i decided to come here for the answer. How many stones of each/how much ash is needed to create the prism stone?
You need to have level 30 jeweling. I'm not sure what to do from there but I'm almost there so when I get it I;ll let you know what's needed.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old September 4th, 2010 (06:16 PM).
Dragon at heart
Platinum Tier

I managed to find a way to save using the DS emulator Lameboy without using savestates. You mind if I post it?

Old September 4th, 2010 (06:22 PM).
im sexy and i know it

Quote originally posted by Team Fail:
I managed to find a way to save using the DS emulator Lameboy without using savestates. You mind if I post it?
So there is some kind of problem? I've lost count how many times I've tried to play Prism on my DS, and I would really like to give feedback on it, but it seems like every time I boot it up I get the, "Save file has been corrupted!" message :/. I really hope this isn't some stupid anti-piracy measure.
Old September 4th, 2010 (06:25 PM). Edited September 4th, 2010 by zapdosa.
GG

In my opinion this hack and Shiny Gold are the 2 best Pokemon ROM Hacks ever created.

On another note, what level does Electabuzz evolve to Electivire?
Old September 5th, 2010 (12:03 PM). Edited September 5th, 2010 by FinalZero.

I don't think that this question has been asked yet, which is: Are the new types (Wood, Gas, Wind, Abnormal, and Sound) physical or special? Which are which?

Edit: Btw, I love the Dragon Warrior music (and tiles) that you added.
Old September 5th, 2010 (02:55 PM).
Dragon at heart
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
So there is some kind of problem? I've lost count how many times I've tried to play Prism on my DS, and I would really like to give feedback on it, but it seems like every time I boot it up I get the, "Save file has been corrupted!" message :/. I really hope this isn't some stupid anti-piracy measure.
I never have that. Also, Gold has no anti-piracy built in the game. I just don't have a save file, even if I did save. But, here:

How To Save using the GB Emulator LameBoy on the DS
These simple steps will allow you to save using the game, and can prevent you from using savestate abuse, and having to keep the DS on constantly. Follow these simple steps to save in Prism and not worry!
1. Save the game in Prism.
2. On the Touch Screen of the DS, go to the main Lameboy page that has the option to choose your savestate. From there, make sure that there is the setting, "Savestate: None" selected. Now, go to save on the Lameboy menu. It will lag slightly, but that is the sign it is writing to the battery save. You can also go to exit/Quit and it will save before you can choose another game.
3. Presto! You can save the game in Prism and not loose your progress! :D

Old September 6th, 2010 (12:04 AM).
GG

Can somebody please make a list of Generation 4 Pokemon evolution requirements?

Please and thanks.
Old September 6th, 2010 (07:43 AM).
Hey, listen

Quote originally posted by Team Fail:
I never have that. Also, Gold has no anti-piracy built in the game. I just don't have a save file, even if I did save. But, here:

How To Save using the GB Emulator LameBoy on the DS
These simple steps will allow you to save using the game, and can prevent you from using savestate abuse, and having to keep the DS on constantly. Follow these simple steps to save in Prism and not worry!
1. Save the game in Prism.
2. On the Touch Screen of the DS, go to the main Lameboy page that has the option to choose your savestate. From there, make sure that there is the setting, "Savestate: None" selected. Now, go to save on the Lameboy menu. It will lag slightly, but that is the sign it is writing to the battery save. You can also go to exit/Quit and it will save before you can choose another game.
3. Presto! You can save the game in Prism and not loose your progress! :D
Actually I was able to save just using the normal save and then using "exit" in the menu; however I always used a save state for security...

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

I'm an incompetent programmer in training
Just call me Sage

Old September 6th, 2010 (07:47 AM).
Dragon at heart
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Sage Harpuia:
Actually I was able to save just using the normal save and then using "exit" in the menu; however I always used a save state for security...
I'm sure I put that in there. But yeah, I had to remember how I did that. I was showing a friend Prism on the bus the other day, and it had a "Continue" there. I was baffled as it never saved before. :? And I figured it out. Now, I can play Prism happily.

Old September 6th, 2010 (05:22 PM). Edited September 6th, 2010 by ChrisTom.
With all regards,

Nature: Lonely
Hey KBM, when am I gonna get confirmation on that Shiny Dratini?
Old September 8th, 2010 (07:23 AM). Edited September 8th, 2010 by Lati-Fan95.
I completed my HG Pokedex!^^

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Lati-Fan95
Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
You need to have level 30 jeweling. I'm not sure what to do from there but I'm almost there so when I get it I;ll let you know what's needed.
You're needing "one of every kind" (1x all eight evolution stones) and no ash. But be careful, though. The chance for getting a Prism Stone is really low, I seat 20 minutes (savestate abuse FTW!) there only trying to get that damn thing cuz he always said I've failed!

Wow, I guess I'm through the beta! Awesome work as always! My favorite part was Laurel Forest. You could really tell how much work was put in that area (I think it was the area you've been working on in the "let's Makes" from Prism) ! I really liked the little sidequests you had to do and all those small events that happen when you're entering as a specific Pokemon!

The Pachisi board is awesome, too but I couldn't play it that much cuz I had to save my money for all the mining picks to get coal and evolution stones (took me a bit to figure out how to make money when you suck at gambling).

I loved your story! The idea of making the whole Pokemon world much darker really hooked me till the end! Hope you'll be able to keep or even beat that level of awesomeness in the next beta!

Your music is very good, too! It's been long ago that a theme from a game was stuck in my ear for three days straight and that you still love it afterwards (it was Laurel Forest's theme btw) !

And last but not at least: Prizmeon. Boy, I have to say you really kept your promise with making Legendaries actually worthy of the word "legendary". If I wouldn't have such a patience, I'd have stopped pretty early with trying to get to Lv.30 jeweling AND getting the prism stone. And then all the mining to get the material and all the gambling to get the money for the tools... I'm curious on how you'll do it with other legendaries. Oh, and Prizmeon itself looks awesome, too (I usually don't like Fakemon btw) !

All in all, awesome work as always in everything! I'm really looking forward to playing the next beta cuz this is one of the best hacks that I've ever played!

Oh, before I forget it: I caught a shiny Ralts while I trained at the Haunted Forest! It's a Kirlia now! And a question: What's the effect of the Purple Flute and the Moon Ring? Thx in advance for the answer!
Attached Images
File Type: png PokemonPrism.png‎ (2.9 KB, 71 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png PokemonPrism 2.PNG‎ (2.8 KB, 72 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old September 8th, 2010 (01:20 PM).
Welcome to the Underworld!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by ChrisTom:
Hey KBM, when am I gonna get confirmation on that Shiny Dratini?
Shiny Dratini does have the sparkle animation and it looks a little more blue than normal. I should know, cause I have one in Dragonair form.
Old September 11th, 2010 (04:11 PM).

This hack has made me realise how kawaii Cacnea/Cacturne are.

I even now have one following me in heartgold.
Old September 12th, 2010 (12:25 PM).

I know this was asked in the thread before, but I haven't seen it answered yet. Can Snorunt evolve into Froslass in this version of Prism?
Old September 13th, 2010 (06:02 AM).

I'm a little late!XD

But still glad this came out!

Good work Coolboyman!
Old September 13th, 2010 (03:42 PM).

congrats on getting hack of the year man

also can someone post prismeon's sprite plz? i want to see it
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links