The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #576    
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The East Bay
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
This is a screenshot of something. There, that's enough text.

__________________
Check out my Youtube channel. All about ROM Hacks, Indie Games and more!

Brown:


Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #577    
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:37 PM
bduddy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Mateo, CA
Gender:
Nature: Modest
Is it weird that the first thing I thought of when I saw that yellow pillar is that it's about to crush the player?

Also, I'm very curious about that lever...
Reply With Quote
  #578    
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:00 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Thanks KBM for the update at least i know you are making the progress and are alive in this post...
Reply With Quote
  #579    
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Oooh, nice screenshot. Personally, it looks like some kind of factory. Also, it's always good to get an update, as people have already said. Prism's still one of my favourite ROM hacks. :D
__________________
Pokémon Aureolin is moving to Pokémon Emerald!



Check out the new thread soon!

Reply With Quote
  #580    
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Is that what I think it is? As in, a sidescroller?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #581    
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:59 AM
torferno lvl-X's Avatar
torferno lvl-X
learning asm
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
If anybody wanted to see the area in video form, CMB/KBM just released this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Zxg...1&feature=plcp

So far this hack is looking really good and I like how you've managed to make the sprite face upwards when walking down ladders in the side-scrolling sections.

Looking through old threads though, is amuses me slightly when I see posts you've written saying you are aiming for a late 2005/early 2006 release for both this game (at the time it was called bronze) and Rijon Adventures.
Obviously you didn't know at the time how ambitious you would be, and all the little details in the games continue to amaze me.
__________________
The best hacks ever:
Spoiler:




I'm a spriter for



Insert new pokemon WITHOUT removing old ones up to 25!
Tom's PokePet

Charizard the level 36 Charizard!

For All GBC hackers!
Reply With Quote
  #582    
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:28 AM
cardboardbox's Avatar
cardboardbox
Roaming Johto
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Looks impressive! I saw water in there and wonder if HM moves like Surf (or even, Dive) would let you explore further in the sidescrolling parts..
Reply With Quote
  #583    
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:35 PM
ascension7's Avatar
ascension7
Creator of UnovaHGSS
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Great to see you're still working on this hack! I understand that you're also working on real games, and I appreciate that you still spend time working on these Pokemon hacks. Looking forward to everything you make, including your non-Pokemon games
Reply With Quote
  #584    
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM
.Ángel~'s Avatar
.Ángel~
Sombrero de Paja
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cádiz (SPAIN)
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Ángel~ Send a message via Skype™ to .Ángel~
Owooooo
How original is the hack!
I really liked!
Especially to be the villain of Gold.
keep it up!
Reply With Quote
  #585    
Old April 13th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The East Bay
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Glad you liked that little preview!

I want to make something perfectly clear though, since judging by this thread and comments left on youtube, people do not understand the situation I'm in right now.

The other games I'm working on (One isn't developed enough, my personal indie project, and one I can't reveal at the moment due to the NDA) have a higher priority than Pokemon Prism at this time. Prism is getting worked on, but not as much as the other games which I hope you can all understand.

Hopefully there will be some announcement of the secret game I'm working on sometime this summer. I'm working with some cool people who worked in the video game industry, and I believe THIS game is my foot into the door of the video game industry. As far as I know, I'm the only member of this crew who hasn't worked on professional video games before and this game will be my first one. They decided to take a chance with me which I'm eternally grateful for and better yet, they seem to enjoy what I'm doing for them! It's also my job, I'm getting paid for this and I have bills to pay, so understand that it's pretty important.

This year is extremely important to me. I'm planning to graduate with my bachelors in Computer Science this year which will let me move out of this crappy building with paper-thin walls and hopefully land a full time job somewhere in the video game industry and I will do everything in my power to achieve these goals.

Therefore, Prism is lower on my priority scale than other things (School is right at top at the moment, followed by work, followed by the XBLIG project and then followed by Prism). My Youtube channel will have to take a back seat and I probably won't be able to unleash it's potential until next year. I planned to this year but I only just now realized that I can only do so much when I have the will to do SO much. I need to better understand my limitations, I'm only human.

Thank you for all understanding.

HOWEVER, I do have personal milestones I'm trying to reach for Prism tasks. Prism's always in my mind, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't ponder about Prism and the cool stuff I can add to it. I want this hack to be something I can be proud of and can possibly set an example of the potential of what a ROM hack can become if the author tries. Some may call me crazy for taking a ROM hack this seriously, but I don't care. I understand the potential of what this ROM hack can achieve and I want to reach as much potential as I possibly can.
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel. All about ROM Hacks, Indie Games and more!

Brown:


Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter

Last edited by Coolboyman; April 13th, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #586    
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:30 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Glad you liked that little preview!

I want to make something perfectly clear though, since judging by this thread and comments left on youtube, people do not understand the situation I'm in right now.

The other games I'm working on (One isn't developed enough, my personal indie project, and one I can't reveal at the moment due to the NDA) have a higher priority than Pokemon Prism at this time. Prism is getting worked on, but not as much as the other games which I hope you can all understand.

Hopefully there will be some announcement of the secret game I'm working on sometime this summer. I'm working with some cool people who worked in the video game industry, and I believe THIS game is my foot into the door of the video game industry. As far as I know, I'm the only member of this crew who hasn't worked on professional video games before and this game will be my first one. They decided to take a chance with me which I'm eternally grateful for and better yet, they seem to enjoy what I'm doing for them! It's also my job, I'm getting paid for this and I have bills to pay, so understand that it's pretty important.

This year is extremely important to me. I'm planning to graduate with my bachelors in Computer Science this year which will let me move out of this crappy building with paper-thin walls and hopefully land a full time job somewhere in the video game industry and I will do everything in my power to achieve these goals.

Therefore, Prism is lower on my priority scale than other things (School is right at top at the moment, followed by work, followed by the XBLIG project and then followed by Prism). My Youtube channel will have to take a back seat and I probably won't be able to unleash it's potential until next year. I planned to this year but I only just now realized that I can only do so much when I have the will to do SO much. I need to better understand my limitations, I'm only human.

Thank you for all understanding.

HOWEVER, I do have personal milestones I'm trying to reach for Prism tasks. Prism's always in my mind, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't ponder about Prism and the cool stuff I can add to it. I want this hack to be something I can be proud of and can possibly set an example of the potential of what a ROM hack can become if the author tries. Some may call me crazy for taking a ROM hack this seriously, but I don't care. I understand the potential of what this ROM hack can achieve and I want to reach as much potential as I possibly can.
Read your comment very carefully and must say that it was so touching.. realised you are having a busy life and can't do much about prism but hear from me that whatever you are doing have my best regards and well wishes for your future.. and ill definitely support your hacks and everything..
Reply With Quote
  #587    
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:13 AM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
HOWEVER, I do have personal milestones I'm trying to reach for Prism tasks. Prism's always in my mind, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't ponder about Prism and the cool stuff I can add to it. I want this hack to be something I can be proud of and can possibly set an example of the potential of what a ROM hack can become if the author tries. Some may call me crazy for taking a ROM hack this seriously, but I don't care. I understand the potential of what this ROM hack can achieve and I want to reach as much potential as I possibly can.
This is one line I could have said with good conscience myself too, hahha :D.

You're doing great with the hack though and I don't care myself how long it takes for you to finish it. Spend time with your studies, the other game you're making and make sure not to forget about the life itself !
And when it's so that you've free time beyond all that, think what you can go to continue with this project.
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Reply With Quote
  #588    
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Gawerty's Avatar
Gawerty
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Land of Chaos
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Nice job KBM i love your work, Good job man seriously! :D
__________________
"You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, Gawerty?"
Indeed I did, you smart forums you!
Reply With Quote
  #589    
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:31 AM
primadonna's Avatar
primadonna
Fashion Maven
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Please continue. Best ROM Hack imo
Reply With Quote
  #590    
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:28 AM
!MaX!'s Avatar
!MaX!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
It's also my job
I see....that's enough to know..it fully explains why this is taking so long!

Life comes first!

Take your time, if you try to do so many things together, it won't be as good!
Reply With Quote
  #591    
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Riptobazooka
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
OK, So when is the next beta? 2013? Since the guy at the bridge said 2 and a half years, I'd guess the next beta is the Winter 2013 beta.
Reply With Quote
  #592    
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:58 AM
U.Flame's Avatar
U.Flame
Brony Hacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
That was a blind estimate based on how much time the last beta took. Beta releases never have specific dates.
__________________
More good news! A friend gave me his old laptop! It's definitely not new, but it's modern and fully functional! Nothing can stop me now!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Reply With Quote
  #593    
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
HeroesAndCons's Avatar
HeroesAndCons
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Is he even still workign on this hack? The last beta version was released almost 2 years ago...
__________________
Try the Base Stat Total Limit Challenge!
Reply With Quote
  #594    
Old April 19th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The East Bay
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
Is he even still workign on this hack? The last beta version was released almost 2 years ago...
Holy **** can you not read the last freaking page?

Otherwise, thanks to everyone who understands what's going on with me.
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel. All about ROM Hacks, Indie Games and more!

Brown:


Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #595    
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:18 PM
bondo100993
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
This is a great game i enjoy it but where does the 2010 summer beta end? i just beat the 4th gym leader and i have no clue what to do after that... any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #596    
Old April 20th, 2012, 01:59 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo100993 View Post
This is a great game i enjoy it but where does the 2010 summer beta end? i just beat the 4th gym leader and i have no clue what to do after that... any suggestions?
Simple it ends after the fourth gym...
Reply With Quote
  #597    
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
HeroesAndCons's Avatar
HeroesAndCons
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Holy **** can you not read the last freaking page?

Otherwise, thanks to everyone who understands what's going on with me.
Yikes, sorry, but no I didn't read that page until just now =/ I'm not in the habit of searching through every page of a thread for new info TBH, as I usually expect it to be in the OP. I'm glad you are still working on it though.
__________________
Try the Base Stat Total Limit Challenge!
Reply With Quote
  #598    
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The East Bay
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
Yikes, sorry, but no I didn't read that page until just now =/ I'm not in the habit of searching through every page of a thread for new info TBH, as I usually expect it to be in the OP. I'm glad you are still working on it though.
I forgive you! Just make sure to check recent pages to see if I posted anything about the project.
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel. All about ROM Hacks, Indie Games and more!

Brown:


Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #599    
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM
vitacoder
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
Hey Coolboyman I just wanted to say I completed the latest Pokemon prism beta and I loved it and is by far the best Pokemon hack I have ever played. I can't wait until the next beta comes out but I know your current circumstances so I can't expect to much. Anyway is there anyway to send you a donation to help out with your hack? Also if you ever need a beta tester I would love to help out.
Reply With Quote
  #600    
Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:45 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey CbM... Have you made a guide or a location guide for this hack... coz i am playing it right now and need to know..
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.