The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Fire Wolf
it's as humid as a sauna, boy!

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Quick question, Coolboyman, how does Riolu evolve? Happiness in daytime right?
Old August 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

All right then, I'm e-mailing it to you in a very clear manner. Thank god I remember it. Either way, I was tired then and couldn't read the README properly.

When does the beta end?
Old August 7th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Fire Wolf
it's as humid as a sauna, boy!

Nature: Timid
It ends after you defeat the Torenia City Gym as far as I know, though there might be some minigames left.
Old August 7th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Taichi
The Keyblader of The Future

Wow, this game is amazing. The $5000 game is kind of easy (If you get it tou your liking.) and can get you really rich.
Old August 7th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Thanks. I tried Blackjack, it makes NO sense for some reason. Ugh.

Either way, hope you get your degree and hope you finish this! With a full-working team of... one... this can get finished really quickly! Either way, the game is near perfection, I had a dream about some kind of loser Axem Rangers... yeah, it's the 6 Pallets.

EDIT: Does anyone have the soundtrack?

Last edited by Heart's Soul; August 8th, 2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old August 8th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Taichi

Geez, how many stones does it take to make a ring? lol I got five Dawn Stones, Two Leafs, One Water, and One Fire. Also do we get only one shiny ball from the $5000 game? Because I beat that thing 6 times and got the shiny ball the first time and 3 nuggets for the rest. Not complaining, just curious.

Love this hack.
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
Geez, how many stones does it take to make a ring? lol I got five Dawn Stones, Two Leafs, One Water, and One Fire. Also do we get only one shiny ball from the $5000 game? Because I beat that thing 6 times and got the shiny ball the first time and 3 nuggets for the rest. Not complaining, just curious.

Love this hack.
You need ash, which can be obtained from mining.

Anyone know a good tip to get cash easy? I've lost 16,000P on the Pachisi game, and I have to face the 4th Gym Leader and there are no more trainers, to my knowledge.
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
zdude0127
Togepi

There are a few things I would like to point out about this beta release of Prism that kinda irked me a little.

-Currently, the Dawn Stone is an unuseable item. Its description is the same as the Squirtbottle from GSC and it does not have a use option. The only options are give, toss, and exit.

-I want to evolve my Lombre into Ludicolo, but the Water Stone won't work on it. It was said that Lombre couldn't use the Water Stone.

-I am assuming this one will be solved later, but the cries of the 3rd and 4th gen pokemon are the same as some of the 1st and 2nd gen pokemon they replace.

-Whenever my Riolu uses Counter, it plays the Bubblebeam animation. I don't know if it is with any pokemon that uses counter, but Riolu's counter animation is Bubblebeam

-When you face your rival the second time, his overworld sprite is red instead of the purple color from the first battle with him.

-When you take a mine cart to Magma Caverns and then go into the cave door, you pop up at Acqua Caverns. (Incomplete area?)

-I wanted to do some trading between my 1st Brown runthrough and my current Prism runthrough, but Everything in that Communication room is "being adjusted." Is this intentional?

Other than this, there really aren't any things I can pick out at this time. This release of Prism was incredible. I have waited so long for this release and it blew my mind away. Thank you so much for this release and I hope that you continue to do amazing things to Brown and Prism.

One quick question though, will we see legendaries from the 3rd and 4th gen? If you don't want to spoil anything, don't.
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Taichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart's Soul View Post
You need ash, which can be obtained from mining.

Anyone know a good tip to get cash easy? I've lost 16,000P on the Pachisi game, and I have to face the 4th Gym Leader and there are no more trainers, to my knowledge.
To get cash easy play the Pachisi game. I got a crap load of money by winning it the for the sixth time. You get 3 nuggets when you win and if you get on the money spots, you...well get money. 3 nuggets= 15000 + whatever amount you get from the money spots. You get your moneys worth on this game.

Getting money is very easy in the Pachisi game if you press (or should I say 'click') the right button.

Spoiler:
And 'save' in the right spot.
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude0127 View Post
There are a few things I would like to point out about this beta release of Prism that kinda irked me a little.

-Currently, the Dawn Stone is an unuseable item. Its description is the same as the Squirtbottle from GSC and it does not have a use option. The only options are give, toss, and exit.

-I want to evolve my Lombre into Ludicolo, but the Water Stone won't work on it. It was said that Lombre couldn't use the Water Stone.

-I am assuming this one will be solved later, but the cries of the 3rd and 4th gen pokemon are the same as some of the 1st and 2nd gen pokemon they replace.

-Whenever my Riolu uses Counter, it plays the Bubblebeam animation. I don't know if it is with any pokemon that uses counter, but Riolu's counter animation is Bubblebeam

-When you face your rival the second time, his overworld sprite is red instead of the purple color from the first battle with him.

-When you take a mine cart to Magma Caverns and then go into the cave door, you pop up at Acqua Caverns. (Incomplete area?)

-I wanted to do some trading between my 1st Brown runthrough and my current Prism runthrough, but Everything in that Communication room is "being adjusted." Is this intentional?

Other than this, there really aren't any things I can pick out at this time. This release of Prism was incredible. I have waited so long for this release and it blew my mind away. Thank you so much for this release and I hope that you continue to do amazing things to Brown and Prism.

One quick question though, will we see legendaries from the 3rd and 4th gen? If you don't want to spoil anything, don't.
Please email me glitches like the readme.txt says.

And there's a legendary available in this current beta, but just really hard to find. It's also one you won't expect.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old August 9th, 2010, 12:37 AM
MistahDude
Primate Pokemon Master

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to MistahDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude0127 View Post

Lombre evolves at lvl 24 if i remember correctly.

Check out my Youtube Channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Boarbeque
Check out my Twitter!: http://www.twitter.com/Boarbeque
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

1. Still looking for a public version of the soundtrack, if any exists.
2. The last three screens aren't in the beta, I have NO idea where they fit.
3. Legendary? I'm going with a wild guess as Rotom.
4. Where do you get Flash, Strength, and whatever the 4th Gym Leader tells you that you could use? (To my guess, it's Surf)
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Kenpokid
Soldier From the Surface

Nature: Adamant
Yikes, this is quite a bit darker than most Pokémon games... Interesting turn. I like the game.
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Roareye
a.k.a. Khaladar

No bugs this time, just a small idea.

I've noticed that item balls in the game are colored randomly. This made me think - why not make a decent use of it? Like this, for example:

1) You could set a different ball color for each different item group (like, you see a red ball on the ground - you know it's a pokemon/a pokeball item. You see a green one - you know it's a usable item. You see a blue one - It's a TM or a HM. You see a brown one - it's an important/key item... etc.) This would be an interesting touch to the game, though i suppose it would require some work on that to set the colors of the item balls already in game. [or up to the part where you finished your actual work on the next beta, if that's the case.]

OR

2) Item balls could be colored by quanity. Like, you see a single item - it's red. You see a green one - hey, there are two items in it! [inspired by double repel], you see a blue one - 3 or more, yellow one - 5 or more, etc...

Tell me what you think about it. It's nothing major, but it surely would make the game better in that "Those small things which make the life beautiful" way. Just an idea, though.

Last edited by Roareye; August 10th, 2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:06 PM
ChrisTom
With all regards,

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
And there's a legendary available in this current beta, but just really hard to find. It's also one you won't expect.
Ok, I keep seeing a Swellow that plays legendary music. Is that it? Because I am really confused when I hear the music and then see a Swellow...
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTom View Post
Ok, I keep seeing a Swellow that plays legendary music. Is that it? Because I am really confused when I hear the music and then see a Swellow...
No that's just my fault. I'll fix it. There's a real legendary somewhere.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:49 PM
TobiSenpai
Beginning Trainer

Would that legendary happen to appear in Aqua or Magma caverns? I'm not sure if it is a glitch or not, but when I go further into Magma cavern, I appear in Aqua cavern, (Which looks like the place we started out at) and when I try to go back, it is the place we started out at... I really wanna find that legendary, so is it or is it not located in either cavern??
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:58 PM
zdude0127
Togepi

I'm pretty sure he wants us to find the thing ourselves.
Old August 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Taichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTom View Post
Yeah, happened to me also! I tried so hard to catch it because "THE LEGENDARY MUSIC TOLD ME TOO!" lol
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Nature: Relaxed
Well, I am currently playing this game. I'm only at Mound Cave right now, with four sticks of dynamite. This hack has been amazing so far. I'll post my likes and dislikes of the game when I complete it.
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:30 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
I am going to feel stupid after saying this, but if Coolboyman is saying that it is a legendary you won't expect, I have a feeling that he means that it is a 5th generation legendary, probably Zoroark.
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Nature: Quiet
Well crap, I guess I'll search obviously complex areas first (like mound cave) and then places I would not expect at all (like the fish cave)...

Could you give a very subtle hint as to what kind of area its located?
Old August 9th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Hmm...I'm completely stuck right now. I've been searching Mound Cave for quite some time looking for the last Pallet Patroller (or whatever their name is), the Yellow One, I believe, and I've been unable to find them anywhere. Could anyone offer me some help?
Old August 9th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melash View Post
Hmm...I'm completely stuck right now. I've been searching Mound Cave for quite some time looking for the last Pallet Patroller (or whatever their name is), the Yellow One, I believe, and I've been unable to find them anywhere. Could anyone offer me some help?
Try the top floor, top-left, I think it was.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Try the top floor, top-left, I think it was.
Hmm. I've been searching the two floors with the rest of the people were for an eternity, and no luck.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here