The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:57 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Putting this up now since it isn't up yet, the episode is about to air.

Even though I fell asleep early for this, I'll fall back asleep later XP

Editing with my review current....

• That's an old TV, Old man.
  • Lights out.
  • Oh noes, it's Brock
  • Good job Croagunk, you prevented horrible electric puns -_-'
  • That's not seriously happening...
  • Team Rocket's been getting stupider, no?
  • I don't even know how the hell this is possible in the matter of a day.
  • Team Rocket's been getting greener too. Even my Science Teacher would like them regardless of their stupidity.
  • Oh my god, Not even Bill Gates could be Team Rocket.
  • You just got left behind~
  • Ermmm... I sort of think this is life threatening just for a One billion dollar generator
  • Yep, I was right~
  • You're kidding me right?
  • "He's a big boy"?, cue the Yaoi fans
  • When was the last time Brock did it twice~?
  • "People power"? That's ****ing stupid.
  • Think of Nurse Joy Brock~! OH YEAH OH YEAH! Shut up Brock, just pedal.
  • Oh crap, Team Rocket's clever now.
  • GIBLE EX MOTHER****ING MACHINA!!!
  • Ok, here's the fun part where you blast off after the commercial.
  • Nope, you're still battling.
  • Oh no, evolution time~
  • Team Rocket you *****es are ****ed.
  • Well, there goes Team Rocket.
  • I hope you know how to drive a rocket though.
  • Ooops, there goes Shinyrockshipping.
  • Why does this look familiar...?
  • Woah, Video game time?
  • You built the tower, but not the damn rocket ****!
  • This is about the 3rd time Dawn's hair was about to burst to flames, but at least the tower is back.

Ok, this was another Soso episode. Once again, what kills it is how much impossible **** goes into it. Even Bill Gates would go bankrupt by Team Rocket's expenses. But I'll give it a 7/10 just for Brock's stupidity and Team Rocket's green, I mean, it's not like my Science Teacher is stalking my every internet move

Last edited by Gumball Watterson; July 31st, 2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old July 31st, 2010, 03:46 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Blue_Drifblim should beat you up now.

For some reason, I actually laughed while watching this episode. It had its little moments here and there such Brock n' the bike, Flint falling down the tower, and Volkner saying "What?" after Team Rocket said something that I didn't understand either.
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:12 AM
Fithboy
The Lego Man

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fithboy Send a message via Yahoo to Fithboy
I was a bit annoyed there wasn't actually a gym battle.
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:19 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Ash: "Sunny shores"? Is that where the name comes from?"

This was a funny episode. We all knew Ash was going to hitch a ride on the rocket. :/

And either Ash and co. are ridiculously short, or Volkner and Flint are extremely tall.

Paired to cr4y

Old July 31st, 2010, 09:42 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
Ok, this was another Soso episode. Once again, what kills it is how much impossible **** goes into it. Even Bill Gates would go bankrupt by Team Rocket's expenses. But I'll give it a 7/10 just for Brock's stupidity and Team Rocket's green, I mean, it's not like my Science Teacher is stalking my every internet move
AK47, you basically said everything and left me speechless on this episode. :(

At least I can comment on you on one thing.

Rule # 1 of the Pokémon Anime

Please be aware, Pokémon has the tendency to disobey the laws of physics and all things possible. Side effects may be extreme irritation, upset stomach, diarrhea, or awe.

/lame, but you get it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
Blue_Drifblim should beat you up now.

For some reason, I actually laughed while watching this episode. It had its little moments here and there such Brock n' the bike, Flint falling down the tower, and Volkner saying "What?" after Team Rocket said something that I didn't understand either.
At least Brock did something, that's what surprised me the most. Even though it wasn't anything extreme like what Ash did, he was still teamed up with Flint - who has a really cool voice. XD;

I lol'd when Dawn tried to cheer Brock on, but he couldn't see it in her until he saw Nurse Joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fithboy View Post
I was a bit annoyed there wasn't actually a gym battle.
I keep up with the Japanese episodes, so I was expecting it. However, I agree that this should have been the episode where Ash battles Volker, Grotle evolves, and Ash earns his eighth gym badge. It would have saved us a lot of time and might have even given the Grand Festival and Sinnoh League a longer period of time to air rather then some extra fillers wasting time in between.
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:23 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I Personally enjoyed the episode alot, especially when Grotle evolved, does anyone else think that Torterra's leaf storm looks awesome!,
I hate when one of ash's pokemon evolve and they learn a new move, cause we call know Ash just spams the move
and Who Builds a tower with Wheels?
P.s Volkner is not going to let us forget that he built sunnyshore city tower is he
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:10 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Even though I've already watched it in english watching the evolution of Torterra still gives me chills... the same with whenever A pokemon evolves in the anime and games The episode its self was good.. I liked it! Though I don't wanna wait long for the dub for the actual battle between them!

Old July 31st, 2010, 02:32 PM
GlalieX
Ruler of Illusion

Odd plot, but Grotle evolving made up for it.
Old July 31st, 2010, 07:34 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
XD This was the first time in a while that I've slept through an episode. I set a timer on my recorder, and completely forgot about the thread. I usually watch it while I'm recording, but I dunno what happened here... I probably should have put it up before I went to sleep.

-Will edit whenever I watch the episode.
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:07 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Well Blue Drifly, now you know who's going to be taking care of the mess you make D: The last time I did this for you it wasn't at 6 in the morning, it was smack mid day, and your duties still weren't done.
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:48 AM
Silver25
Trainer

I personally thought the episode was sort of weak. Yeah, Torterra was sweet and Brock was kind-of funny, but other than that it wasn't that good in my eyes.
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:21 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I did like how Team Rocket had a more-or-less sensible plan, well, pure genius compared to the usual "nab Pikachu, post and skidaddle" crap.

I like the anime presentation of Raichu! In the games, he always looks fat, he didn't really here
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:15 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
Well Blue Drifly, now you know who's going to be taking care of the mess you make D: The last time I did this for you it wasn't at 6 in the morning, it was smack mid day, and your duties still weren't done.
Sorry! (I think I watched the episode and went back to sleep XD)

I'll try to be more on time.
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:28 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Wow, talking about episode discussions reminds me when I used to do them, such a long time ago XD

I didn't like this episode much, it was an annoying filler

- omg, Volkner is so tall, he's hot XD
- Luxray still has a bad voice
- Wow, I actually have to skip the opening because it kills the mood of excitement
- Urgh, the writers were getting good at ignoring TR during gym battles -_-
- Urghhhhhh, why do they ruin the battle. I wonder if they think something like this makes it more "epic". Well, it doesn't >_>
- *stopped paying attention for a while* What, Sunnshore Tower is a rocket? >_>
- Oh lol, TR said speed demon
- Sunnyshore is sunny...omg >__< "Is that why it's called Sunnyshore??" *facepalm*
- Urghh, they've had this overloading of electricity a million times...
- Ha, why does Jessie still have Seviper, I completely forgot about it
- Well, at least Grotle evolved...
- The CGI for the moving tower looks so bad...

Music kept: (5)

Satoshi's Battle Decision
TR Sinnoh motto Theme
TR Sneaking theme
TR Sinnoh motto theme again
Satoshi's New theme

Huh, they don't seem to be keeping as much music as they used to, lately
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:13 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Wow, talking about episode discussions reminds me when I used to do them, such a long time ago XD

I didn't like this episode much, it was an annoying filler
You quit on me. Anyway, it's not a filler since Grotle evolved and that's somewhat important I guess.

Last edited by Vernikova; August 1st, 2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: I meant "Me". I'm important enough right?
Old August 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

This episode kind of annoyed me a bit. Ash finally makes it to Sunyshore City after several episodes. He and Volkner start their gym battle, then the power goes off. They stop Team Rocket from taking Sunyshore Tower. But, Volkner's gym is damaged so it has to be repaired. So, Ash and the gang leave for Dawn's Grand Festival.

Why couldn't they just finish the battle somewhere else? Isn't that what Ash did in Goldenrod City with Whitney? Plus, we have to go through more of Dawn's contest events since their heading for the Grand Festival. It may be a while before Ash finally gets his eighth Sinnoh gym badge.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old August 1st, 2010, 04:32 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by joacen
Why couldn't they just finish the battle somewhere else? Isn't that what Ash did in Goldenrod City with Whitney? Plus, we have to go through more of Dawn's contest events since their heading for the Grand Festival. It may be a while before Ash finally gets his eighth Sinnoh gym badge.
Ash stayed with Whitney at her place and her gym wasn't destroyed though. Volkner has to help repair the gym before he can do any battles so it's understandable as to why they decided not to have their battle at another location.

Anyway, I think the only thing Dawn is going to do is compete in the Grand Festival so there's nothing major other than that. I don't keep up much with the Japanese episodes though so I might be wrong about her importance in any other episode.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:07 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Automatic doors are a problem when they're not automatic.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 08:36 PM
★Symbiosis★
★Pokemon Master★
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Ash's grotle evolving into torterra.Now that's epic.

I must of missed something but i noticed his infernape is atm with professor oak.I read that somewhere i think.

My PC
Windows 8.1 64 Bit | 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled | Razer Naga Epic | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 | Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 | LG - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
I'd say, it's a pretty good episode, except for the fact that the Gym Battle was cut short.

Hmm, TR going green...

You know, I actually thought that TR was going to be successful, but then I thought...Wait, the good guy always wins. And all this because a robot trashed one of James' prized bottlecaps? What meaningless anger and need for revenge lol...

Oh yes, Gible. Too bad Ash had to call it back in. If it was me, I would let it eat away at the area TR was sitting on.

Brock gets tired pedaling and then Nurse Joy says, "Do it for me?" then Brock starts to pedal more powerfully than Flint...twice.

So...Grotle evolves into Torterra and learns the really awesome looking Leaf Storm. Niiiice.

How disappointing, now we have to wait until AFTER the Grand Festival to see the Gym Battle with Volkner. We come all the way after x number of episodes to actually get to Sunyshore City and that happens?! Eh...I guess I can look forward to the Grand Festival.

8.5/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
You quit on me. Anyway, it's not a filler since Grotle evolved and that's somewhat important I guess.
No, Blue_Drifblim was too quick D: ANd ten i gorgot XD Ooh, I forgot while I was posting that XD
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Hooray for Grotle evolution. Yeah, that's about it.

....Oh yeah, and the cheapness of the tower flying around at the end was so bad it was hilarious. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post

Music kept: ONLY 5

Satoshi's Battle Decision
TR Sinnoh motto Theme
TR Sneaking theme
TR Sinnoh motto theme again
Satoshi's New theme
That's a load of..... S's.

What's up, TPCi?
Old September 25th, 2010, 06:20 AM
yumetai
Beginning Trainer

the whole episode was rubbish

I didn't like anything not even the tower flying around lol

Last edited by yumetai; September 25th, 2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links