Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old September 14th, 2011 (4:39 PM).
Paul-Newbarg's Avatar
Paul-Newbarg Paul-Newbarg is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Dunno, I haven't really played around with it.
Snipped.
A substantial update isn't too far away, believe me
Thanks for telling me. Love the hack! Hope it doesn't die before Fully Finished.
I have some ideas of some things i think would be neat.

MotorBoat: Not a definite idea just thought it would be neat even though it doesn't fit it. "Its the bike of water!" + No Wild Encounters
Should cost like twice as much as a bike and is bought near the end of the game, or late in the game. Just thought it would be neat if there where some "Unsurfable Areas" where you needed a boat to get past maybe like Prof. Oak's
Summer House or something?
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #177    
Old September 15th, 2011 (10:34 PM).
ChaosJester083's Avatar
ChaosJester083 ChaosJester083 is offline
Still alive
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
A substantial update isn't too far away, believe me
What this I spy with my little eye? An update you say. Should I start up VBA and get my LP on?
Reply With Quote
  #178    
Old September 16th, 2011 (12:44 AM).
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji DrFuji is offline
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Downia-upside
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Newbarg View Post
Thanks for telling me. Love the hack! Hope it doesn't die before Fully Finished.
I have some ideas of some things i think would be neat.

MotorBoat: Not a definite idea just thought it would be neat even though it doesn't fit it. "Its the bike of water!" + No Wild Encounters ;)
Should cost like twice as much as a bike and is bought near the end of the game, or late in the game. Just thought it would be neat if there where some "Unsurfable Areas" where you needed a boat to get past maybe like Prof. Oak's
Summer House or something?
That's an interesting idea, but I've already got two ideas for sea exploration that I want to investigate. There is a lot of water in Lilac as you can see by the town map so I'm trying to make the ocean less dull anyway :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosJester083 View Post
What this I spy with my little eye? An update you say. Should I start up VBA and get my LP on?
Nope, I meant an 'update' compossed of impressive screenshots and the like.

The only playable update coming soon is a bug fix :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179    
Old September 16th, 2011 (3:45 PM).
ChaosJester083's Avatar
ChaosJester083 ChaosJester083 is offline
Still alive
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Nope, I meant an 'update' compossed of impressive screenshots and the like.

The only playable update coming soon is a bug fix
Oh well. But anyways I can't wait to see what you've done!
Reply With Quote
  #180    
Old September 17th, 2011 (9:51 AM).
joeycookson joeycookson is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
Completed this beta now. Was good. Cant wait for more updates. :D
Reply With Quote
  #181    
Old September 21st, 2011 (6:32 AM).
M.L's Avatar
M.L M.L is offline
Invisible
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 763
love the game find it Original unique you the sort fuji dude? anyways cant wait for the full release, yea alot of water i say "whats all these crates doing here"=it's dr fujis lunch
__________________
Fluffy
Reply With Quote
  #182    
Old September 27th, 2011 (7:15 AM).
barkalar barkalar is offline
ThisProfileIsInactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 24
I think the tiles are excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #183    
Old October 2nd, 2011 (3:33 PM).
KenSHN KenSHN is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
Wooow! Graphically the hack looks great, for I see the gameplay well, fairly well e_e What I would like to see if you can upload the ROM to another server.
Perhaps "Sendspace."

Salu2! n_n
Reply With Quote
  #184    
Old October 7th, 2011 (1:55 AM). Edited October 8th, 2011 by DrFuji.
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji DrFuji is offline
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Downia-upside
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 1,322
Well, it's been quite a while since my last update that had any sort of meat or details in it. To remedy this situation today I'm revealing what is probably going to be my biggest overall graphical update to Pokemon Lilac.

During the past month while I was on holidays I dedicated a lot of my free time to producing and re-sizing an entirely new set of OWs to be inserted - Just under 90 in total have been inserted so far with plans for a few more. These OWs are based on. I have completely finished the girl player's OWs (running, surfing, using a field move etc) but the male OW file was corrupted about two weeks ago and I haven't felt like remaking everything again, except for the walking animations. Thanks to JPAN's hacked engine I have managed to give every Gym Leader or story-centric character a pallet that isn't shared by anybody else in the game. In addition to the large number of OWs, I have re-sized approximately 70 trainer sprites to be used during battles which I feel will fit in better with the battling scenes. :D

Anyway, I'm sure you're bored of me talk about stuff so here are some screenies to show off demonstrate what everything looks like in-game. Unfortunately there aren't any new areas/ maps in this update...

Spoiler:



I was just kidding, of course I can provide a screen of a new map. I present to you, the Lowen Safari Zone :3

Spoiler:


Well, that wraps up my long overdue update. In a nutshell: Everything is progressing smoothly and I'm really excited about working with these new OWs and sprites. The next update shouldn't be to far away, since I only need to map and script stuff between now and then. Anyway, that's it from me for now. :)

------- (-o-) -------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeycookson View Post
Completed this beta now. Was good. Cant wait for more updates. :D
Thanks man, that means a lot to me :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L View Post
love the game find it Original unique you the sort fuji dude? anyways cant wait for the full release, yea alot of water i say "whats all these crates doing here"=it's dr fujis lunch :P
ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?!?!

Thanks brah. I hope I can reach your expectations but we'll just have to see :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkalar View Post
I think the tiles are excellent.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSHN View Post
Wooow! Graphically the hack looks great, for I see the gameplay well, fairly well e_e What I would like to see if you can upload the ROM to another server.
Perhaps "Sendspace."

Salu2! n_n
Thanks for the compliments mate. I'm pretty lazy and I don't really like to tamper with my first post CSS which always seems to break even if I'm trying to do a super tiny edit (I even think it is still slightly broken from the last time I changed it. Hahaha). Besides, I think that the link I've provided is adequate at the moment :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #185    
Old October 8th, 2011 (9:40 AM).
Skizzieren's Avatar
Skizzieren Skizzieren is offline
- to outline; design
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 15
I've been waiting for another impressive update like this one! The entire graphical side of Lilac is brilliant, and I think that these trainer sprites and OW's bring it to another level, now. Keep up the awesome work, brah. I'm really looking forward to what this game will turn into when it's closer to being complete.
__________________
Get Pumped
Reply With Quote
  #186    
Old October 8th, 2011 (8:18 PM).
Eelektross's Avatar
Eelektross Eelektross is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 23
This hack is absolutely stellar, Fuji!
I'll be waiting on tense tenterhooks for the next beta or even update.
Those overworlds are gorgeous; it's really nice to see/play 3rd Gen hacks with HGSS sprites: modernly simplistic.
Really, add another fan to your list.
Reply With Quote
  #187    
Old October 9th, 2011 (12:56 AM).
KenSHN KenSHN is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
What do you mean? e_e
The hack is amazing, especially those new scans that I * ¬ *
I hope to see more graphic design, tiles, minis, etc, goes well ^ ^

Salu2! n_n
Reply With Quote
  #188    
Old October 9th, 2011 (2:50 AM).
Jönne's Avatar
Jönne Jönne is offline
no custom user title for me
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: somewhere witty
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 3,285
Send a message via Skype™ to Jönne
Hey, Fuji great hack man. I totally enjoyed the beta, everything was nice. The tiles, the scripting, the story, everything. Truly good job, looking forward to more :D
__________________
Pair
Reply With Quote
  #189    
Old October 20th, 2011 (12:51 AM).
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
what
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,089
Y U NO TELL ME YOU UPDATE?

Anyway it looks good, but you should add flying bagel monsters for extra coolness.
Also that building is epic.
__________________
Youtube
Reply With Quote
  #190    
Old October 22nd, 2011 (10:53 AM).
ChaosJester083's Avatar
ChaosJester083 ChaosJester083 is offline
Still alive
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 204
I really like the new tiles and the new sprites but I need to know will the male protagonist keep his hat?!
Reply With Quote
  #191    
Old October 22nd, 2011 (11:57 PM).
PokemonTrainer-Red's Avatar
PokemonTrainer-Red PokemonTrainer-Red is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
This hack looks so beautiful. I really can't wait for the next beta, or maybe the full release.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #192    
Old November 1st, 2011 (7:46 AM).
yusolaifdfer's Avatar
yusolaifdfer yusolaifdfer is offline
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 20
beautiful but looks like its cancelled .. is it ?
Reply With Quote
  #193    
Old November 2nd, 2011 (5:11 AM).
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji DrFuji is offline
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Downia-upside
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzieren View Post
I've been waiting for another impressive update like this one! The entire graphical side of Lilac is brilliant, and I think that these trainer sprites and OW's bring it to another level, now. Keep up the awesome work, brah. I'm really looking forward to what this game will turn into when it's closer to being complete.
Thanks brah, it took quite a while to get everything ready, insert it and then have it play off the improvements JPAN made to the FR OW system. I'm hopeful you will enjoy it in the future so until then you'll have to just wait :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelektross View Post
This hack is absolutely stellar, Fuji!
I'll be waiting on tense tenterhooks for the next beta or even update.
Those overworlds are gorgeous; it's really nice to see/play 3rd Gen hacks with HGSS sprites: modernly simplistic.
Really, add another fan to your list. ^_^
Thanks man, there aren't a lot of hacks that have completely redone their OWs/sprites so I'm glad to be in that exclusive club.

Consider yourself on that list :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSHN View Post
What do you mean? e_e
The hack is amazing, especially those new scans that I * ¬ *
I hope to see more graphic design, tiles, minis, etc, goes well ^ ^

Salu2! n_n
The way my first post is created, it sometimes screws up when I edit it. I'm trying to find a replacement but it isn't an immediate priority right now. And thanks for the compliments! Your graphics are also amazing so it great to hear approval from someone like you :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Maverick View Post
Hey, Fuji great hack man. I totally enjoyed the beta, everything was nice. The tiles, the scripting, the story, everything. Truly good job, looking forward to more :D
Thanks dude, more story-related updates are coming soon so hopefully that will tide you over until beta 2. I just have to keep pleasing you, don't I? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Y U NO TELL ME YOU UPDATE?

Anyway it looks good, but you should add flying bagel monsters for extra coolness.
Also that building is epic.
BECUZ U NO LISTEN :<

I'm afraid I'll have to decline your flying bagel suggestion. I mean, seriously, bagels? What does this look like to you, a flying bakery?

thnx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosJester083 View Post
I really like the new tiles and the new sprites but I need to know will the male protagonist keep his hat?!
Nope. :3

Unfortunately he lost his sweet hat in during the OW update, but how he has a big tuft of brown hair so I guess he's a...

Spoiler:
MANLYTUFF



Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonTrainer-Red View Post
This hack looks so beautiful. I really can't wait for the next beta, or maybe the full release.
Thanks, the second beta shouldn't be too long... But don't hold your breath XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusolaifdfer View Post
beautiful but looks like its cancelled .. is it ?
Cancelled...? :<

...Nope.

:D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #194    
Old November 4th, 2011 (10:30 AM).
jammeym1's Avatar
jammeym1 jammeym1 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41
this looks awsome
cant wait till full release
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #195    
Old November 19th, 2011 (1:59 AM).
ChaosJester083's Avatar
ChaosJester083 ChaosJester083 is offline
Still alive
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 204
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the hat I named it Steven but oh well its not my game but everything looks great so far Fuji
Reply With Quote
  #196    
Old November 19th, 2011 (12:53 PM).
Rainbow's Avatar
Rainbow Rainbow is offline
SUNLIGHT AFTER RAIN
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: a field of flowers
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Posts: 2,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post

Spoiler:



I was just kidding, of course I can provide a screen of a new map. I present to you, the Lowen Safari Zone :3

Spoiler:
Wow. The tiles are so beautiful, especially the Safari Zone. In addition, this is probably the first hack to have a completely redone set of OWs, so good job on that.

On a side note, I think the Rocket in the middle of the fifth screenie (the one with the purple...hair?) looks a bit horizontally squished.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #197    
Old November 26th, 2011 (4:36 AM).
pancakeonmyhead's Avatar
pancakeonmyhead pancakeonmyhead is offline
Kpop Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I come from a land down under.
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to pancakeonmyhead
I've been stalking thislurking in this post for a while, since that's all I've had time to do,
BUT NOW I FINALLY HAVE TIME TO TRY OUT THE BETA~
I'M SO EXCITED, since everything in this thread is absolutely flawless.
__________________

Amanda(Panda). Eighteen-ish. Australia.
Kpop Enthusiast. B2UTY. Awkward.
레그 아만다 제인


Reply With Quote
  #198    
Old December 1st, 2011 (8:49 PM).
qaz015393's Avatar
qaz015393 qaz015393 is offline
pokemon revenge developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 795
noticed this hack from your sig looks interesting. screen shots look great. story sounds good. gona start this next week :D
__________________

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Reply With Quote
  #199    
Old December 10th, 2011 (10:00 AM).
Speedster's Avatar
Speedster Speedster is offline
The Unknown
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the depths of space...
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 134
Hey Fuji. These recent screenshots are amazing. I never would have guessed the work you put into inserting them. I hope to see a lot of cools scripts in beta 2 when you decide to release it. I hope we can some of the people on this thread to vote for you! Good Luck!
__________________

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Reply With Quote
  #200    
Old January 15th, 2012 (2:20 PM).
SammieLily2's Avatar
SammieLily2 SammieLily2 is offline
Writer Extraordinare
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On Earth.
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 10
Hey, it looks super-duper nice.
I can't wait for the full release - or, at least, the next beta release. I'm going to download this soon, so hopefully I can actually experience the awesomeness.
Hope you continue to update and get more stuff done for it, despite school being here and all.
~Sammie
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:41 AM.