The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 14th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Paul-Newbarg
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Dunno, I haven't really played around with it.
Snipped.
A substantial update isn't too far away, believe me
Thanks for telling me. Love the hack! Hope it doesn't die before Fully Finished.
I have some ideas of some things i think would be neat.

MotorBoat: Not a definite idea just thought it would be neat even though it doesn't fit it. "Its the bike of water!" + No Wild Encounters
Should cost like twice as much as a bike and is bought near the end of the game, or late in the game. Just thought it would be neat if there where some "Unsurfable Areas" where you needed a boat to get past maybe like Prof. Oak's
Summer House or something?
Old September 15th, 2011, 10:34 PM
ChaosJester083
You Hack It, I'll Play It

Nature: Lax
Quote:
A substantial update isn't too far away, believe me
What this I spy with my little eye? An update you say. Should I start up VBA and get my LP on?
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:44 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Newbarg View Post
Thanks for telling me. Love the hack! Hope it doesn't die before Fully Finished.
I have some ideas of some things i think would be neat.

MotorBoat: Not a definite idea just thought it would be neat even though it doesn't fit it. "Its the bike of water!" + No Wild Encounters ;)
Should cost like twice as much as a bike and is bought near the end of the game, or late in the game. Just thought it would be neat if there where some "Unsurfable Areas" where you needed a boat to get past maybe like Prof. Oak's
Summer House or something?
That's an interesting idea, but I've already got two ideas for sea exploration that I want to investigate. There is a lot of water in Lilac as you can see by the town map so I'm trying to make the ocean less dull anyway :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosJester083 View Post
What this I spy with my little eye? An update you say. Should I start up VBA and get my LP on?
Nope, I meant an 'update' compossed of impressive screenshots and the like.

The only playable update coming soon is a bug fix :)
Old September 16th, 2011, 03:45 PM
ChaosJester083

Quote:
Nope, I meant an 'update' compossed of impressive screenshots and the like.

The only playable update coming soon is a bug fix
Oh well. But anyways I can't wait to see what you've done!
Old September 17th, 2011, 09:51 AM
joeycookson
Beginning Trainer

Completed this beta now. Was good. Cant wait for more updates. :D
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
M.L
Busy atm

love the game find it Original unique you the sort fuji dude? anyways cant wait for the full release, yea alot of water i say "whats all these crates doing here"=it's dr fujis lunch
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:15 AM
barkalar
Beginning Trainer

I think the tiles are excellent.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
KenSHN
Beginning Trainer

Wooow! Graphically the hack looks great, for I see the gameplay well, fairly well e_e What I would like to see if you can upload the ROM to another server.
Perhaps "Sendspace."

Salu2! n_n
Old October 7th, 2011, 01:55 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Well, it's been quite a while since my last update that had any sort of meat or details in it. To remedy this situation today I'm revealing what is probably going to be my biggest overall graphical update to Pokemon Lilac.

During the past month while I was on holidays I dedicated a lot of my free time to producing and re-sizing an entirely new set of OWs to be inserted - Just under 90 in total have been inserted so far with plans for a few more. These OWs are based on. I have completely finished the girl player's OWs (running, surfing, using a field move etc) but the male OW file was corrupted about two weeks ago and I haven't felt like remaking everything again, except for the walking animations. Thanks to JPAN's hacked engine I have managed to give every Gym Leader or story-centric character a pallet that isn't shared by anybody else in the game. In addition to the large number of OWs, I have re-sized approximately 70 trainer sprites to be used during battles which I feel will fit in better with the battling scenes. :D

Anyway, I'm sure you're bored of me talk about stuff so here are some screenies to show off demonstrate what everything looks like in-game. Unfortunately there aren't any new areas/ maps in this update...

Spoiler:

I was just kidding, of course I can provide a screen of a new map. I present to you, the Lowen Safari Zone :3

Spoiler:

Well, that wraps up my long overdue update. In a nutshell: Everything is progressing smoothly and I'm really excited about working with these new OWs and sprites. The next update shouldn't be to far away, since I only need to map and script stuff between now and then. Anyway, that's it from me for now. :)

------- (-o-) -------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeycookson View Post
Completed this beta now. Was good. Cant wait for more updates. :D
Thanks man, that means a lot to me :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L View Post
love the game find it Original unique you the sort fuji dude? anyways cant wait for the full release, yea alot of water i say "whats all these crates doing here"=it's dr fujis lunch :P
ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?!?!

Thanks brah. I hope I can reach your expectations but we'll just have to see :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkalar View Post
I think the tiles are excellent.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSHN View Post
Wooow! Graphically the hack looks great, for I see the gameplay well, fairly well e_e What I would like to see if you can upload the ROM to another server.
Perhaps "Sendspace."

Salu2! n_n
Thanks for the compliments mate. I'm pretty lazy and I don't really like to tamper with my first post CSS which always seems to break even if I'm trying to do a super tiny edit (I even think it is still slightly broken from the last time I changed it. Hahaha). Besides, I think that the link I've provided is adequate at the moment :)

Last edited by DrFuji; October 8th, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old October 8th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Skizzieren
- to outline; design

I've been waiting for another impressive update like this one! The entire graphical side of Lilac is brilliant, and I think that these trainer sprites and OW's bring it to another level, now. Keep up the awesome work, brah. I'm really looking forward to what this game will turn into when it's closer to being complete.
Old October 8th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Eelektross
Unhatched Egg

This hack is absolutely stellar, Fuji!
I'll be waiting on tense tenterhooks for the next beta or even update.
Those overworlds are gorgeous; it's really nice to see/play 3rd Gen hacks with HGSS sprites: modernly simplistic.
Really, add another fan to your list.
Old October 9th, 2011, 12:56 AM
KenSHN
Beginning Trainer

What do you mean? e_e
The hack is amazing, especially those new scans that I * ¬ *
I hope to see more graphic design, tiles, minis, etc, goes well ^ ^

Salu2! n_n
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:50 AM
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
★Folk Man♫ lml
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Hey, Fuji great hack man. I totally enjoyed the beta, everything was nice. The tiles, the scripting, the story, everything. Truly good job, looking forward to more :D

Old October 20th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Y U NO TELL ME YOU UPDATE?

Anyway it looks good, but you should add flying bagel monsters for extra coolness.
Also that building is epic.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old October 22nd, 2011, 10:53 AM
ChaosJester083

I really like the new tiles and the new sprites but I need to know will the male protagonist keep his hat?!
Old October 22nd, 2011, 11:57 PM
PokemonTrainer-Red
Beginning Trainer

This hack looks so beautiful. I really can't wait for the next beta, or maybe the full release.
Old November 1st, 2011, 07:46 AM
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Hasty
beautiful but looks like its cancelled .. is it ?
Old November 2nd, 2011, 05:11 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzieren View Post
I've been waiting for another impressive update like this one! The entire graphical side of Lilac is brilliant, and I think that these trainer sprites and OW's bring it to another level, now. Keep up the awesome work, brah. I'm really looking forward to what this game will turn into when it's closer to being complete.
Thanks brah, it took quite a while to get everything ready, insert it and then have it play off the improvements JPAN made to the FR OW system. I'm hopeful you will enjoy it in the future so until then you'll have to just wait :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelektross View Post
This hack is absolutely stellar, Fuji!
I'll be waiting on tense tenterhooks for the next beta or even update.
Those overworlds are gorgeous; it's really nice to see/play 3rd Gen hacks with HGSS sprites: modernly simplistic.
Really, add another fan to your list. ^_^
Thanks man, there aren't a lot of hacks that have completely redone their OWs/sprites so I'm glad to be in that exclusive club.

Consider yourself on that list :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSHN View Post
What do you mean? e_e
The hack is amazing, especially those new scans that I * ¬ *
I hope to see more graphic design, tiles, minis, etc, goes well ^ ^

Salu2! n_n
The way my first post is created, it sometimes screws up when I edit it. I'm trying to find a replacement but it isn't an immediate priority right now. And thanks for the compliments! Your graphics are also amazing so it great to hear approval from someone like you :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Maverick View Post
Hey, Fuji great hack man. I totally enjoyed the beta, everything was nice. The tiles, the scripting, the story, everything. Truly good job, looking forward to more :D
Thanks dude, more story-related updates are coming soon so hopefully that will tide you over until beta 2. I just have to keep pleasing you, don't I? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Y U NO TELL ME YOU UPDATE?

Anyway it looks good, but you should add flying bagel monsters for extra coolness.
Also that building is epic.
BECUZ U NO LISTEN :<

I'm afraid I'll have to decline your flying bagel suggestion. I mean, seriously, bagels? What does this look like to you, a flying bakery?

thnx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosJester083 View Post
I really like the new tiles and the new sprites but I need to know will the male protagonist keep his hat?!
Nope. :3

Unfortunately he lost his sweet hat in during the OW update, but how he has a big tuft of brown hair so I guess he's a...

Spoiler:
MANLYTUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonTrainer-Red View Post
This hack looks so beautiful. I really can't wait for the next beta, or maybe the full release.
Thanks, the second beta shouldn't be too long... But don't hold your breath XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusolaifdfer View Post
beautiful but looks like its cancelled .. is it ?
Cancelled...? :<

...Nope.

:D
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:30 AM
jammeym1

this looks awsome
cant wait till full release
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:59 AM
ChaosJester083

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the hat I named it Steven but oh well its not my game but everything looks great so far Fuji
Old November 19th, 2011, 12:53 PM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:

Spoiler:

I was just kidding, of course I can provide a screen of a new map. I present to you, the Lowen Safari Zone :3

Spoiler:
Wow. The tiles are so beautiful, especially the Safari Zone. In addition, this is probably the first hack to have a completely redone set of OWs, so good job on that.

On a side note, I think the Rocket in the middle of the fifth screenie (the one with the purple...hair?) looks a bit horizontally squished.
Old November 26th, 2011, 04:36 AM
pancakeonmyhead
Kpop Enthusiast

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to pancakeonmyhead
I've been stalking thislurking in this post for a while, since that's all I've had time to do,
BUT NOW I FINALLY HAVE TIME TO TRY OUT THE BETA~
I'M SO EXCITED, since everything in this thread is absolutely flawless.

Amanda(Panda). Eighteen-ish. Australia.
Kpop Enthusiast. B2UTY. Awkward.
레그 아만다 제인

Old December 1st, 2011, 08:49 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

noticed this hack from your sig looks interesting. screen shots look great. story sounds good. gona start this next week :D

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old December 10th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Speedster
The Unknown

Hey Fuji. These recent screenshots are amazing. I never would have guessed the work you put into inserting them. I hope to see a lot of cools scripts in beta 2 when you decide to release it. I hope we can some of the people on this thread to vote for you! Good Luck!

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
SammieLily2
Writer Extraordinare

Nature: Quiet
Hey, it looks super-duper nice.
I can't wait for the full release - or, at least, the next beta release. I'm going to download this soon, so hopefully I can actually experience the awesomeness.
Hope you continue to update and get more stuff done for it, despite school being here and all.
~Sammie
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here