The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:02 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
I saw the screens and couldn't wait to download. But unfortunately it's hosted on Megaupload. xD Stil can't wait to play, look forward to a new upload.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:01 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Well, I haven't posted in this thread for a while damn, I seem to be saying this every single time I try to update but the holiday season and commitments kept me away from hacking and progressing with Lilac. I'd like to thank everybody who participated in the HotY voting process and helped this hack to come equal second in the graphics and equal third in the mapping categories, not to mention fifth overall. It was amazing to see so many people support me, even when up against some of the titans of Emulation. Anyway, that's enough of my blathering - Here are some new screenshots to show how progress is going.

You're looking at screenshots of Route 9 and Kaede Ranch, a small collection of farming families who make a living selling their crops and goods from their Pokemon. With this 'town' complete, there is only one more city to finish until Beta 2 rolls around. I hope you enjoyed this small and long overdue preview :P

-------- (-o-) -------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammeym1 View Post
this looks awsome
cant wait till full release
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosJester083 View Post
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the hat I named it Steven but oh well its not my game but everything looks great so far Fuji
Haha, thanks for your support guys :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackDeoxys View Post
Wow. The tiles are so beautiful, especially the Safari Zone. In addition, this is probably the first hack to have a completely redone set of OWs, so good job on that. :)

On a side note, I think the Rocket in the middle of the fifth screenie (the one with the purple...hair?) looks a bit horizontally squished.
Thanks man, I'm not the first to have a redone library of OWs but having expended so much effort, I can see why there are so few hacks with this feature. Thanks for the feedback about the Rocket Admin I've resized him a bit so he won't be as skinny when you see him next :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakeonmyhead View Post
I've been stalking thislurking in this post for a while, since that's all I've had time to do,
BUT NOW I FINALLY HAVE TIME TO TRY OUT THE BETA~
I'M SO EXCITED, since everything in this thread is absolutely flawless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
noticed this hack from your sig looks interesting. screen shots look great. story sounds good. gona start this next week :D
Thanks, I hope you both had fun playing :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
Hey Fuji. These recent screenshots are amazing. I never would have guessed the work you put into inserting them. I hope to see a lot of cools scripts in beta 2 when you decide to release it. I hope we can some of the people on this thread to vote for you! Good Luck!
You can bet your sweet bippy there will be cool scripts and the like in Beta 2. Once again, thanks to everybody who voted for me in HotY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieLily2 View Post
Hey, it looks super-duper nice. :)
I can't wait for the full release - or, at least, the next beta release. I'm going to download this soon, so hopefully I can actually experience the awesomeness.
Hope you continue to update and get more stuff done for it, despite school being here and all.
~Sammie
Oh yeah, University is going to be challenge, but I'm hopeful I can keep working on this (especially since when I'm stressed I seem to spend dozens of hours working on Lilac). I hope you enjoyed the update and stuff :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooka View Post
I saw the screens and couldn't wait to download. But unfortunately it's hosted on Megaupload. xD Stil can't wait to play, look forward to a new upload.
Hehe, sorry for not changing the first post download link quicker since it kind of came out of the blue. Well, now you can download it and see the hack for yourself :D
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
That ranch looks amazing, (and when have you switched to DPPt overworlds?)
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
avolonsaber

Fuji, man, you just keep surprising me. I don't come on here as often as I used to, but whenever I do I make sure to see what's going on with Lilac, and I'm never disappointed. The news screens look great, I love that Ranch, those text boxes, and the sprites. I can't wait for Beta 2 to be ready, because I'm surely going to download and play it until my keys break or I fall asleep, which ever comes first. Keep it up, dude, myself and many others cannot wait for the finished product.

Also, forgive me if someone already asked, but do you have any plans to change the Surfing Pokemon sprite?

Last edited by avolonsaber; January 23rd, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 02:51 AM
antidpm93
Beginning Trainer

I love the texts and the tiles, i'm looking forward to playing this amazing looking game when it's done.
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Wait how'd I miss that update.
Anyway this hack sucks, horrible overworlds, yucky tiles, eww maps and nooby scripts.
Jk good job.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
ChaosJester083
You Hack It, I'll Play It

Nature: Lax
I am quite excited to hear the beta will be coming in the near future I can't wait to get my LP on!
Old February 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Alright you can remove me from the credits now T^T

Well that's great, it looks like you spent heaps of time to implement all that! And a very snatchy textbox, too! Good job, overall.
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Here is what I don't get. When I follow Prof. Oak to that building, I went there, and that he wasn't there, I played it twice, and the same thing happened.
Old February 19th, 2012, 08:14 AM
sethiey
*Doing nothing*

amazing, ima play this, see you in 3 weeks

Want you hack tested/played? Just PM and i could start a Lets play!
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:33 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
The updates are looking good! I love the farm tiles! :)
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Hey, this hack looks AMAZING. It's clear that you know what you're doing (either that or you're keeping up a convincing facade) because the hard work put into this hack is evident in the first post already, and I can sense there is a great level of quality.

...One thing though. Do you plan on keeping those HG/SS tiles? Because they look hideous, and aren't fit for a GBA game at all. They look incredibly out of place and are an eyesore. e.e
Old March 3rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Hey guys, I'm going to be putting up an update soon, but it isn't exactly finished yet so I'll just do some replies. Let me assure you though, the update will knock your socks off :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
That ranch looks amazing, (and when have you switched to DPPt overworlds?)
I switched to DPP styled OWs late last year but haven't changed the first post because the downloadable beta still has the old styled OWs. Thanks mate :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by avolonsaber View Post
Fuji, man, you just keep surprising me. I don't come on here as often as I used to, but whenever I do I make sure to see what's going on with Lilac, and I'm never disappointed. The news screens look great, I love that Ranch, those text boxes, and the sprites. I can't wait for Beta 2 to be ready, because I'm surely going to download and play it until my keys break or I fall asleep, which ever comes first. Keep it up, dude, myself and many others cannot wait for the finished product.

Also, forgive me if someone already asked, but do you have any plans to change the Surfing Pokemon sprite?
Nope, I've changed the sprite of the person on top of the surfing sprite but not the big blob thing itself. Thanks for your continued support man ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidpm93 View Post
I love the texts and the tiles, i'm looking forward to playing this amazing looking game when it's done.
Thanks for those nice comments :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Wait how'd I miss that update.
Anyway this hack sucks, horrible overworlds, yucky tiles, eww maps and nooby scripts.
Jk good job.
yeh it iz a relly bad hak n nobody shuld evr play itt....... i wil quite this naow.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosJester083 View Post
I am quite excited to hear the beta will be coming in the near future I can't wait to get my LP on!
Definitely, I'm looking forward to the continuation of your adventures :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truality View Post
Alright you can remove me from the credits now T^T

Well that's great, it looks like you spent heaps of time to implement all that! And a very snatchy textbox, too! Good job, overall.
Nope, because you're too special to be left out of anything :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
Here is what I don't get. When I follow Prof. Oak to that building, I went there, and that he wasn't there, I played it twice, and the same thing happened.
That is a known bug and has a 'possible' fix in the notepad document that comes with the hack. I have never encountered it before during my testing so it is somewhat hard to fix but I have implemented a possible solution in the next beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethiey View Post
amazing, ima play this, see you in 3 weeks :P
Three weeks? I hope you have fun with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
The updates are looking good! I love the farm tiles! :)
Thanks for the compliments, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
Hey, this hack looks AMAZING. It's clear that you know what you're doing (either that or you're keeping up a convincing facade) because the hard work put into this hack is evident in the first post already, and I can sense there is a great level of quality.

...One thing though. Do you plan on keeping those HG/SS tiles? Because they look hideous, and aren't fit for a GBA game at all. They look incredibly out of place and are an eyesore. e.e
Yeah, you've caught me. None of these screens are real and I'm a giant fraud :P

I'm in a completely different frame of mind from you - Every tile that I've put in Lilac has met my personal tastes and I've done my best to match them all up. I don't think you've realised that I'm doing a total graphical overhaul so I in can steer the look in any way I want and break free from stereotypical/ default tiles for GBA based hacks. It is a little too late to ask me to change tile preferences when I'm this far into the project, especially since it can take quite some time to insert tiles correctly and efficiently. Besides, surely 'hideous' and 'eyesore' are a little extreme in terms of describing this, right?

Thanks for your comment :)

Last edited by DrFuji; March 3rd, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Shiny Dunsparce
SummerFeuer on P.G.L

Nature: Calm
Tried playing the Beta 1.1 and I can't. Whenever I try to open it in my VBA I get an error msg and it immediately shuts down. Or, do I not use VBA and use No$GBA instead?

"Sig & Ava made by me."
No longer offering services to make customized sigs/avas.

__________________Friend I.Ds__________________
2494-9332-2284 (SoulSilver)
(Black II)
3998-1066-9436 (White)

Last edited by Shiny Dunsparce; March 4th, 2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old March 4th, 2012, 05:12 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Dunsparce View Post
Tried playing the Beta 1.1 and I can't. Whenever I try to open it in my VBA I get an error msg and it immediately shuts down. Or, do I not use VBA and use No$GBA instead?
You've extracted the files from the .rar folder and applied the patch to an untouched BPRE Fire Red ROM, right?

I use VBA so that definitely shouldn't be a problem.
Old March 11th, 2012, 07:03 PM
TuGaWaR 545
Ragequit

Nature: Adamant
How far along is this hack?

AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!
Old March 14th, 2012, 09:33 PM
ChaosJester083
You Hack It, I'll Play It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuGaWaR 545 View Post
How far along is this hack?
So far only Beta 1.1 has been released and Fuji has do a massive graphical up grade to the game but a new beta shouldn't be to far away.
Old March 25th, 2012, 01:16 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Hey everybody, I'm back with another update because I roll that way. This time rather than just plopping a few screenshots in a post I decided to make a video to demonstrate one of Lilac's major new features: a functioning version of the game Blackjack that will be in use at the Game Corner.

This demonstrates my largest and most complex script in Pokemon Lilac by far. In its simplest terms, you get to play Blackjack with three computer opponents, winning coins for use in the Game Corner. Eventually if you play enough games you will be able to bet MASSIVE amounts of money, allowing you to quickly make or break your fortune. While it isn't perfect in that you can't split your cards in the event that you receive two of a kind, Aces are still counted as either 1 or 11 and the infamous beat-em-all Blackjack hand still reigns supreme. I also take you on a short tour of Harmond City, the largest city in the Lowen Region, though many of its scripts and events are yet to be completed.

While this is the last city that is going to be present in Beta 2, there are still quite a lot of things that I have to go back and add/ fix so don't assume that the beta is coming out next week or something as there is now way that could ever be possible :P
Old March 25th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Because that script makes me feel so inferior I'm going to pretend I know what I'm talking about and say that it's really awesome but the graphics could be worked on: specifically the cards. They look more like metal slabs then paper cards: I think just white rectangles with a little bit of shading would look better. But, that's a really minor thing and this is so awesome so I'm gonna go and cry myself to sleep in a corner now bye.
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:16 AM
0shawott
Togepi

Wow, Blackjack looks amazing! I've always wanted to be able to play a fun game at the Game Corner, as earning coins was always such a chore (slots, roulette, no thanks)! I do have one question: if one player gets 21 using less than 5 cards, and another gets a five card trick without going bust, will the player with the 5 card trick win? And with the same situation, but instead of a 5 card trick the player gets a royal pontoon (ace+jack/queen/king), have you scripted it so this player wins? Also, this is pretty minor, and it won't be a problem is you cannot implement it, but will there be the ability to 'buy' a card (increasing the bet size in return for a card)? As I said, this is insignificant since Blackjack already looks amazing, and playing the beta and seeing Harmond City has got me really excited for this game!
Old March 25th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Spoiler:

I think this might just be the greatest idea that's been implemented into a hack. I envy your hack. I'm not sure whether to love you or to hate you because of that.

Seriously, you've made your amazing hack even more amazing :D
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
avolonsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Eventually if you play enough games you will be able to bet MASSIVE amounts of money, allowing you to quickly make or break your fortune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
While this is the last city that is going to be present in Beta 2, there are still quite a lot of things that I have to go back and add/ fix so don't assume that the beta is coming out next week or something as there is now way that could ever be possible
It looks even better then I dreamed it would! :D Lol. Seriously though, that's a fine piece of scripting. Did you ever find out what was causing/how to fix the bug you were telling me about, or is that one of the things you have to fix later? Also, exactly how much money is MASSIVE amounts? I'd love to be able to go all in.

How are you gonna post this awesome update, and then pretty much say the beta isn't going to be out for a while Haha. That to a Pokefan is like telling a random person you'll give them $1,000,000, just not right now. OK, maybe it's not that bad, but still. I love the town too, by the way. Solid stuff. How long would you say you've spent inserting tiles all together?
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Kyrios1992
Beginning Trainer

Wow...I knew this hack was going to be amazing, but you seriously coded a blackjack game into it? Can I build a chapel and start worshiping you yet? o____o

Everything looks great so far man! Can't wait to play the next beta~ Dr. Fuji officially = my hero. <3
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Shaly
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
Is it possible that there is a fix for following prof oak? Because i follow him and then he just dissapears... Any suggestions?

Tried the fix in the text included in the rar... doesn't work... Bummer for me i guess :p... Hope this gets fixed soon :D Keep it up!

I have patched multiple versions of firered. But nothing helps . I want to play this game so hard!

Last edited by Shaly; April 25th, 2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to rakireid
It's nice to see the awesome progress made
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links