The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM
joeyijoeyi
Poison Monotype - SS

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to joeyijoeyi
Joey's Poison Monotype Challenge

Hey guys! I'll be doing bigger updates now. Anyways, here's a list of what I've done. I think I might be repeated on what I probably updated before, I don't remember if I did. So sorry if I'm Repeating.

• I've defeated Bugsy. (Zubat FTW)
  • I've defeated Potato (Rival). Now, I knocked his Pokemon out pretty easily. Save for Bayleef. (Stupid Synthesis.)
  • I made it through the Union Cave, and got to Azalea Town.
  • In Azalea Town, I saw Team Rocket talking to a dude. The dude ran off, and the Grunt blocked the Slowpoke Well.
  • I went off to the Pokemon Center and healed.
  • I went into Kurt's House.
  • Kurt went into the Slowpoke Well. I followed.
  • I saw he had fallen. How could someone just push an old man down a well! I stormed off to defeat Team "Pocket".
  • Proton is a *****. NOT. He was so easy, he should get fired.
  • The Farfetched Ilex Forest... or should I say "Farfetch'd" Ilex Forest. Haha.... no? Fine.
  • MAAAAZZZZEEESSSS.
  • Made it out of Ilex Forest, after teaching Gastly Headbutt.
  • At Goldenrod, I purchased Solar Beam and taught it to Rosie.
  • Renamed Rosie to Raiderette.
  • Went to Route 35, (skipped the battles - FOR NOW,) and caught a Nidoran(M). Nicked it DinoKing. (Haha, the consensants switched.... aha I need a sense of humor.)

Current Team:

GhoulLv. 17 <- Gastly
Raiderette Lv. 15 <- Roselia
Scorpion Lv. 16 <- Skorupi
DinoKing Lv. 12 <- Nidoran(M)
Wings Lv. 16 <- Zubat

See you next time!

Old August 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Sleet
Forum Lurker

Nature: Relaxed
**Updates**

I got into Violet City and headed straight to Just-spam-peck tower, sorry...Sprout Tower. And as the name suggests just spammed peck.

When I got to the top I fought off more "powerful" Bellsprouts before finding my rival, who I cleverly called "Name" :P , Name was getting ranted at by some Elder who said He should treat his Pokemon better. Name said something before spinning on the spot and disappearing. As I approached the Elder he challenged me to a battle. Now, I'm no Poke Doctor but for someone who just finished ranting at someone about how they should treat their Pokemon better, I don't think he should be throwing his straight back into battle.

Anyway. Peck, Peck, Oh no HootHoot!, Peck, Peck.

Daz defeated player Elder. Yup my In-game name is Daz

Got to the gym. Defeated some trainers. Then challenged the Gym leader, A deluded blue-haired chap who was under the Impression that a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto would be enough to defeat me.

I quickly proved to him that there was only one good bird in his gym, and that was mine, and it's made of Steel >:)

Anyway done for just now. More updates tomorrow ;)

**Current Team**

Scizor level 9
-Quick attack
-Pursuit
-Focus Energy
-Bullet Punch

Skarmory level 11
-Leer
-Peck
-Sand Attack
-Swift

**Badges Obtained**

**Next Time**
Route 32 Onwards. Onix Hunting and the inevitable grinding XD

Red Crystal Ruby Diamond White
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
IDoLikeMudkip
Master of Nothing

-Surged through surge with Leaves using a leach seed/vine whip combo

-Quickly headed back to Cerulian to head to rock tunnel

-Figured out i needed flash

-Went to route 2 to get flash, realized i needed 10 pokemon

-went on a catching spree, decided to keep a Drowzee as a HM Slave, [needs a nickname now]

-Released all my other catching spree pokemon

-Returned to rock tunnel with flash so I CAN SEE!!!

-During my spelunking of rock tunnel Leaves evolved into Venusaur

-Got through rock tunnel and to Lavender

-First stop in Lavender..NAME RATER!

-Finally I have Rosebud(Gloom) and Slave I(Drowsey)

-Entered pokemon tower, and met Flare

-Defeated flare with only Rosebud and Shrooms, MVP was Rosebud for singlehandedly KO'ing Charmelion

-Met some unknown ghosts and ran like a little girl

-Took the underground path to Celadon

-Stopped and the Celadon department store and grabbed a water for the guards

-Gave the water to the guards

-Returned to celadon to challenge Erica, won handilly with Shrooms KO'ing victorybell and half of tangela with cut and leaves taking care of the other half of tangela and vileplume with no sweat

-Headed toward bikers path, but didnt feel like facing snorelax, so went the other route and ended up getting myself HM02

-Headed back into town and went to the rocket game corner, faced the posted guard and entered the Team Rocket hideout

-Crushed team rocket, showed Geovoni who the real boss is, and recieved Silph Scope MVP to Shrooms who was the only one to battle untill Geovoni's Kengascon

-Left the rocket game corner and healed and headed back to Lavender Town

-After arriving in Lavender headed to the pokemon tower the finding out that the really scary unknown ghosts are only slightly less scary ghost pokemon

-Reached the top of pokemon tower and laid the soul of the marowak to rest

-Afterwards i defeated Team Rocket and rescued Mr. Fuji

-MVP for pokemon tower was Rosebud who pretty much solo'd the entire thing besides when he fainted, so Leaves cleaned that up

-Recieved the PokeFlute from Mr. Fuji to aid me in my pokemon journey

-Quick heal and i was on my way

-Found a bug hulk blocking my way, woke it up, and defeated the snorlax in the middle of the road

-Entered Felucia, but only to heal and leave again to face the last few trainors on the route

-Finally entered Felucia to stay a while, first stop, the safari zone

-Added my next and probably last person to my team, Eggman(Exeggcute) on the first time in the safari zone

-Went into the safari zone a second time and recieved HM03 and found some gold teeth...eeeewww

-Figured out the gold teeth belonged to the warden, so i returned them and recieved HM04

-Went to Celadon to pick up some TM's for Eggman, not there

-Went to Saffaron to get TM 29 to teach Eggman Psychic

-Returned to Celadon to get a couple Leaf Stones

-Used a Leaf Stone to evolve Eggman

-Caught Slave II(Mankey) as my strength slave

Current Team:
Spoiler:
Leaves Lv. 34 (Venusaur)
Tackle
Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

Shrooms Lv. 39 (Parasect)
Scratch
Slash
Leech Life
Cut

Rosebud Lv. 48 (Gloom)
Absorb
Poison Powder
Acid
Petal Dance

Eggman Lv. 25 (Exeggutor)
Barrage
Hypnosis

Slave I(Drowsey), Slave II(Mankey)
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:40 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleet View Post
I quickly proved to him that there was only one good bird in his gym, and that was mine, and it's made of Steel
This made me laugh really hard.
Old August 8th, 2010, 10:12 PM
austy14
Cannibal

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to austy14 Send a message via Yahoo to austy14
So I've played very little on my Electric run through HG over the past 2 days. But here's what I accomplished:

Spoiler:

The last we saw Sparky he was in Violet City, admiring his new Shiny Badge and pondering over his new egg.

(I shall refer to myself in 1st person as Sparky. To avoid confusion, I am not really Sparky.)

After getting a good long Power[OFF]Nap I left the Violet City Pokemon Center. Something told me to go south... but I went west, just for fun. Some guy gave me a cool CD (Haven't figured out how to listen to these yet...) and then there was this silly looking tree. It was kinda rocky... but anyways I went through the Gatehouse hoping there would be something cool. A bunch of old buildings! Does this seem like a waste of time! I went to the first one I saw. There was this cool puzzle... But when I finished it and the floor fell out! Some place this is... this guy saw me and gave me an unown report. if its so unknown, why bother giving it to people who fall out of the ceiling? So I walked back to where I assumed the exit was and then THE LETTER "I" ATTCKED! Ahh! What the hell is this place? I ran. I don't need my kindergarden homework attcking me. I tried to run out but more letters attacked! It's like I fell into a big pit of Alpabet soup! But I was finally out... AND LEFT. I went out to route 32. Time to head south for my next badge! It was a pretty boring route. Some boyscouts and a few fisherman. When I stopped at the Pokemon Center some old guy asked me if I liked fishing. Being polite, I answered yes. Then he offered to give me his "old rod." I'm getting sick of all these sexual innuendoes from old men. And everyine seems to think I'm gay... creeped out, I depart for Union cave. I hope no one tries to make me join a union. I dont even have a job! It turns out this cave is another boring installment on my way Azelea town. They may as well call it "fat people cave." All the trainers there were hikers and fire breathers... both quite bulky. At least none of tem seemed too interested in my body. But when I got to Azelea town I some guy dressed in black attack an old man. Nothing wrong here! I try to go to the gym but another guy in black stops me. While I wait I ddecide to visit this guy named Kurt. He called the people in black Team Rocket, and told me to follow him to the well. Lots of bad things hapen in wells... but with nothing better to do I decide to go in anyway. It turns out the guy fell down the well and threw out his back... sigh. Now I have to do all the work of beating this Team Rocket. I thought the were supposed to have gone away 3 years ago when my idol Red beat them down! Well, lokos like I get to follow even more in his footsteps! Turns out Team Rocket is weak. And very susceptible to electric types. After going out Kurt took me to his house. And then he offered me his balls. D-I-N-O-S-A, U-R a dinosaur! An O-L-D M-A-N, your just an old man! Old man, why are you starrin' at me? Mack on me it's kinda a creepy... you should be prowling around the old folks home. Come on dude! Leave me alone! Thank you Ke$ha, you took the words right outa my mouth! And hopefully kept an old man or two out as well. So now I can finally challenge Bugsy, your trusty Azalea gym leader! The Jr. Trainers were really easy. But it took me 3 tries on Bugsy... My Pichu has horrible deffense and his Scyther kept using U-Turn, but the 3rd time he didn't use it at all! I was able to paralyze it with Mareep and finally KO it. Then I used Pichu on Metapod and Kakuna. I figured I should go out into the forest now... but my rival (Ampere) stops me. Took him a few tries too, Bayleaf's Razor Leaf really took advantage of mmy Pichu's low deffense. But I finally beat him! Now in the forest some guy cries that he lost his birds... boo-hoo. But this tree is blocking my way forward so I figure if I help his Farfetche'd could cut it down for me. I got them both back, and then he gave me my own cutting device! I headed back to the PC so I could get Totodile out and teach it to him. Now I shall be on my way! But first, a nice long save nap...

SEE YA NEXT TIME!

Team: Pichu "Volty", Lv. 19; Mareep "Amph", Lv. 18;
HM (to be) slaves: Totodile "HM" lv. 8, Togepi, Lv. 1
Still on my "Wishlist:" Elekid, Eevee, Chinchou

Old August 9th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Scytha
mass effect freak

Nature: Naughty
Well, I've finally beat the Hoenn Elite 4.

Now its on to......Platinum.

tumblr - twitter - steam
Old August 9th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Rapidash
Firefly Class.

Nature: Naive
Just started a Fire monotype run on SS. Got my Cyndaquil. Will update later

w&t
- Serenity - Dr Horrible

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.
Old August 9th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Scytha
mass effect freak

Ok. I've started my Platinum Journey, and since I don't want to be getting all my team far into the game I traded over a Riolu egg. Most of my planned Pokémon you get further in, and I don't want this to be a solo run.

Current Team

Apex
Lvl. 14
Scratch
Mach Punch
Ember
Leer

Aura (very creative )
Lvl. 13
Quick Attack
Force Palm
Counter
Foresight

Jay
Lvl. 10
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop

At the moment I'm in Oreburgh, grinding in the mines.

tumblr - twitter - steam

Last edited by Scytha; August 9th, 2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old August 9th, 2010, 04:12 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

I just beat Pokemon Red :

Spoiler:

Charizard solo -__- duh.

Charmking Lv. 79 Moveset : Slash, Toxic (I have no idea why I taught him this), Flamethrower, E-Quake

And, I'm moving to Crystal !... I'm hoping not to solo Typh. I will get a Magmar and I am also hoping (again) for a Flareon.

Old August 9th, 2010, 04:34 AM
KingdomBlade
Sora! I choose you!

Nature: Docile
Just a question, do you guys mind that I hacked in Body Slam into Venasaur's moveset since I found that I could only get one. If you guys say it's not allowed, can you suggest me a move to replace it? (I'm playing in Pokemon Red by the way)
Old August 9th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Matt2419
Beginning Trainer

Okay, update time for me

-Received Running Shoes
-Destroyed all trainers on the Route going to Mt. Moon
-Made it through Mt. Moon
-Caught Paras for HM slave
-Received a Helix Fossil
-Passed on Mega Kick and Mega Punch
-Bought 6 super potions
-Beat rival in Cerulean City
-Beat Gym trainers in Misty's gym
-Tried beating Misty three times and failed on all three times
-Defeated Nugget bridge and all of the trainers on the way to Bill's house
-Met Bill and received the S.S. Anne ticket
-Beat Team Rocket Robber and received Dig
-Tried to beat Misty at Level 29 and failed
-Grinded on some wild Pokemon
-Beat Misty while leveling to 30 when I beat her first Pokemon and using 5 Super Potions

That's all for now, as for my team, it looks like this:
Charmeleon Level 30
Scratch
Smokescreen
Ember
Metal Claw

Check out my Let's Plays:
www.youtube.com/ghostlyunown
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:16 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomBlade View Post
Just a question, do you guys mind that I hacked in Body Slam into Venasaur's moveset since I found that I could only get one. If you guys say it's not allowed, can you suggest me a move to replace it? (I'm playing in Pokemon Red by the way)
I don't care. If you're doing an ultimate though, you'd have to ask Zam. I mean, you sold something you meant to use, so if you use it, the only thing different is that you have another like 1000 dollars. No biggie.
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Sleet
Forum Lurker

**Updates**

After defeating Falkner I headed down Route 32. After a couple of minutes of searching I found a Bellsprout. I quickly traded it with the guy in Violet City for his Onix. And then traded it in order to get a Steelix.

With my new Steelix in my team I headed into the Union cave where my Scizor, complete with Bullet Punch, One hit KO'd almost every Pokemon.

Small bit of Grinding.

After Grinding up my teams levels a bit I left the Union Cave and entered Azalea Town. I went to some guy called Kurts house and he told me he'd show team rocket what for and barged me out the way before leaving. I quickly realised that he must be the town "Tough Guy" so I followed him.

I travelled down the well to find out that Kurt wasn't as tough as he made out. He fell down the well and hurt his back. >__>

Anyway it was all up to me now, and after a few minutes of defeating the classic team rocket pokemon (Rattatas and Koffings) I left and headed to the gym.

The gym was pathetically easy due to Skarmorys peck attack, and I obtained the second badge in a little under 5 minutes.

That's it for now, more updates later on today.

**Current Team**

Skarmory level 18
-Fury Attack
-Peck
-Sand attack
-Swift

Scizor level 16
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit
-Focus Energy
-Bullet Punch

Steelix level 16
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Rock Throw

**Badges Obtained**

**Next Time**
Ilex Forest, A Runaway Duck thing and Goldenrod City featuring: Whitney (An annoying cow) and Miltank (An annoying cow)

Old August 9th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Akito Wanijima
Dubfreak

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akito Wanijima
Ok, I'm starting the Ultimate monotype challenge with Fighting types.
I'm going to be using Fire Red>Gold>Emerald>Diamond
Starting Fire red now, may edit this post later today.

Challenges
Spoiler:

Current
-Ultimate monotype challenge
Fighting-
-Nuzlocke challenge! (Gold version)-
-Nuzlocke challenge! (Emerald version)-
Completed
As of yet, none

Old August 9th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Dragonsfreak
eevee raiser

Progress for my HG fire type challenge:
Spoiler:

+++ drove down the Cycling Road and let Volcana fight everyone who
wants

+++ then i reached Fuchsia and entered Janine´s Gym.
+++ Volcana had an easy game because she knows Earthquake.

+++ now on the Road to Kanto´s Radio tower
+++ saved the Games

My Team right now:

Spoiler:

Volcana
Level 58 / Sassy
Blaze

Flamethrower
Shadow Claw
Eruption
Earthquake

Fang
Level 54 / Calm
Intimidate

Crunch
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Fire Fang

Nightmare
Level 51 / Impish
Flash Fire

Fire Blast
Bounce
Flame Wheel
Megahorn

Spitfire
(I hope you don´t mind evolving him, cause i don´t want to wait til i get Rock Climb)
Level 57 / Careful
Flame Body

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Rock Tomb
Iron Tail

Progress for my Ghost-Monotype on Platinum ( Would you please add it to the list, you must have overread the post)
Spoiler:

+++ started with Piplup
+++ got through all that talk stuff in the beginning
+++ was finally able to catch a Bidoof and traded it for a Misdreavus egg
+++ called the Misdrevus Dreams. it has Dark pulse, Yay, Egg move
+++ got a poketch in Jubilife and fought my Rival there. Dreams had no
problems.

+++ Got to Orebourgh and kicked Roark out of the mine.
+++ Entered the Gym and walk through there. no real fight except Cranidos
with Pursuit.
+++ got the first Badge, Yay.

+++ evolved piplup in many wild battles because Prinplup is a great Slave
+++ taught him Rock Smash
+++ fought team Galaktik in Jubilife the first time. won

+++ went in northern direction to floaroma town.
+++ nothing to do here so i walked further.
+++ Surprise, Team Galaktik again...sigh...
+++ took them out, but Dreams almost fainted, because Mars´ Purugly
knew Faint attack.

+++ Next Stop was Eterna forest. It was Night so i searched a bit and
eventually caught a Gastly, now called Bane
+++ reached Eterna and trained Bane because Dreams was already at lv.
25 at this point.
+++ after training finished at lv 22 I entered Eterna Gym. It was ok the
Grass pokemon stayed calm and didn´t harm my glorious two
+++ second Badge, Yay
+++ Walked around in the town and got a Explorer´s kit and a HM Cut
+++ taught it to Slave and Enterd the Galaktic Building, cause I want a
Bike

+++ The Grunts only served as training obstacles, and Bane evolved
+++ I left for the Pokemon center and traded Bane to get a Gengar
+++ Challenged Jupiter the First time and failed.
+++ started training and finished at lv 28 for both
+++ second try Gengar finished zubat off.
+++ Skuntank vs. Dreams: Dark Pulse 3 times cause Skuntank flinched
once, then Dreams fainted. Bane´s time to Shine
+++ Bane used Night shade, One attack is needed to end the Battle and
Skuntank attacked with Night Slash. Bane survive with 5 Hp or so and
used Night Shade. VICTORY!!! hardest battle til now, i want a
Spiritomb

+++ Got my Bike finally and left Eterna, Goal: Hearthome
+++ fought the Trainers on the Cycling Road and walked through the Cave
+++ A weirdo gave me an Odd Keystone, very useful for me
+++ Reached Hearthome and got atacked by a Buneary
+++ Visited the Contest hall and got new clothes from my mom
+++ met Fantina and sent her in her Gym, where she should be
+++ entered the Gym, Ghosts vs Ghosts
+++ My ghosts were Stronger and faster and led me to victory
+++ Third Badge, Yay
+++ saved the Game

The Glorious Ghosts and their Slave:

Spoiler:

Dreams, Quiet/Levitate
lv. 30
Psy Beam
Dark Pulse
Pain Split
Astonish

Bane, Naughty/Levitate
lv. 32

Lick
ShadowPunch
Night Shade
PayBack

Slave, Adamant/ dunno the Translation of " Sturzbach"
lv. 16

Peck
Pound
Rock Smash
Cut

HGSS Monotype Challenge: Fighting, Grass

Current Challenge:
HGSS Monotype Challenge: Fire Type
DPPt Monotype Challenge: Ghost

Old August 9th, 2010, 12:39 PM
joeyk
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Im gonna restart with a psychic on fire red. Sorry i haven't been posting, i've just got back off my holiday.

Firered - Heartgold - Emerald - platinum - Black
Old August 9th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Sleet
Forum Lurker

**Updates**
Well, after defeating Bugsy I headed to Ilex forest. But before I could get there I was rudely interrupted by Name (My Rival) who didn't believe the fact that I defeated Team Rocket at the well. Name has a strange obsession with Team Rocket, Hmmmm

Anyway, not much to report from that battle, besides the fact that he stalled for time with Bayleafs reflect and synthesis moves

When I got into Ilex forest I was approached by a shady character, and after reading what sometimes happens to unprotected boys in the forest I considered letting Steelix beat him around for a bit. It turns out he had simply lost his boss' ducks...sorry Farfetch'd and he wanted me to find them.

5 minutes later I was back. Farfetch'd (s) in tow (Wait, what's the plural for Farfetch'd ? ) and was awarded the Cut HM for my efforts.

The rest of the forest wasn't very exciting and I was soon in Goldenrod City.

Got the radio card, not much else to say about that, I'll never use it

BREAKING NEWS!!
Steel types run rampant in Normal type gym :D

Got the plain badge from Whitney (She has PINK hair. I swear to god, what is up with the hair colours?
Falkner-Blue hair, Bugsy-Green hair, Whitney-Pink hair. When I get a gym leader with normal hair It will be a momentous occasion indeed )

Maybe have time to squeeze another update in today, I'll see how I feel.

**Current Team**

Skarmory level 18
-Fury Attack
-Peck
-Sand attack
-Swift

Scizor level 19
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit
-Focus Energy
-Bullet Punch

Steelix level 19
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Rock Tomb

**Badges Obtained**

**Next Time**
Route 36, Paedophile Trees and Ecruteak City

Old August 9th, 2010, 01:50 PM
c3rad
Grass-Type user

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to c3rad
Here's a quick update from me. I haven't got any new badges, but I've done a ton of other things, and I don't want to clump it all into one big monologue.

Picking up from last time, I was about to enter rock tunnel. I battled all the trainers up to that point and passed through the tunnel fairly easily.

Next I emerged in Lavender. Here I changed the names of my pokemon. Venusaur was renamed Garlic and Weepinbell was renamed Spinach.

Then I traveled west towards Celadon. I entered the city and got the Tea and picked up 2 leaf stones, one for Spinach and one for the Exeggcute I would get soon. I then took a quick trip to Saffron where I got Psychic.

Next I raided the rocket hideout for the Silph Scope. At first it was difficult, because I have nothing to combat poison types, but then I taught Spinach, now a Victreebel, Return. Let's just say it was pretty easy.

Then I went to the pokemon tower, which was a slow and miserable climb. By now I was using Garlic's razor leaf on all the trainers and repels to keep the wild Gastlys away.

I got to the top and saved Mr. Fuji, although he claims he went there of his own will. Then I got the pokeflute and headed for Fuchsia. I took Cycling road south, avoiding the bikers and soon enough I was in Fuchsia.

I took a trip to the safari zone and caught an Exeggcute and taught it Psychic. Unfortunatly, it doesn't learn sleep powder until level 37 so I've got a ways to go...

My team:

Venusaur lv. 40
Bold
-Tackle (I really need to get rid of this...)
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Razor Leaf

Victreebel lv 40
Adamant
-Return
-Acid
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder

Exeggcute lv. 27
Timid
-Stun Spore
-Psychic
-Reflect
-Leech Seed

HM slaves: Meowth (Cut & Flash), Farfetch'd (Fly & Cut)
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Akito Wanijima
Dubfreak

Akito Wanijima's Fighting Ultimate monotype challenge - Kanto Update
Spoiler:

Started the game, Named self "Akito"
Named Rival "Green"
Picked Bulbasaur, Planned as a Hmslave
Defeated Green
Got Oak's Parcel
Gave Oak his parcel; Recieved Pokedex
Recieved Pokeballs
Got town map
Caught a Level 4 Female Mankey, Named Uppercut
Trained Mankey to level 6 and she learned Low kick
Proceeded to grind to level 10
Got the teachy tv
Left Viridian City and made short work of Viridian Forest
Uppercut learnt Karate Chop
Defeated Brock whilst keeping my health in the Green
Made my way to Mt.Moon and got through without much problems
Taught Mankey Mega Punch and Mega kick.
Arrived in Cerulean.
Defeated Rival.
Sailed through Nugget bridge (Luckily avoided getting Poisoin Pointed by the Nidorans)
Made my way to bills house defeating many trainers along the way
Helped Bill and received the S.S. Ticket
Returned to Cerulean and defeated a Rocket grunt and obtained TmDig
Defeated Cerulean gym and Misty with Mega Kick =D
Made my way to Vermillion city defeating various trainers.
Got a bike voucher.
Defeated all trainers in Route 11.
Uppercut evolved into Primeape, Denied learning Rage
Boarded S.S.Anne
Defeated the trainers on the SS
Had a hard time with Green's Pigeotto but eventually defeated it and the rest of his pokemon
Obtained HmCut.
Left the SS Anne
Taught Cut to Bulbasaur
Using Mega kick, defeated Surge easily OHKO'ing all of his pokes
Swapped Bike voucher for a Bike.
Went through Diglett cave.
Since I needed 10 species of pokemon, caught a few randomers
Got HmFlash
Made it all the way back to Cerulean.
Went through Route 9 and made it to the entrance of Rock Tunnel.
Uppercut learnt Crosschop
Caught a Voltorb and taught it Flash.
Caught a Machop, named Drizzle (Decided not to properly train)
Taught Uppercut Rockslide
Arrived in Lavender town.
Went through route 8 and got to the underground pass defeating various trainers.
Arrived in Celadon city.
Obtained Coin case.
Brought a Water stone.
Went back to Lavender town.
Defeated Rival
Defeated all Challeners to save some time later.
Went back to the game corner.
Obtained Tea.
Defeated Rocket guarding poster, went into the hideout.
Defeated the entire rocket base and Giovanni who was very easy due to my type advantage on each of his pokemon.
Obtained the Silph Scope.
Left the game corner and went back to lavender town.
Defeated Marowak and the Rocket grunts effectively saving Mr.Fuji.
Got Poke Flute.
Defeated Snorlax on Route 12.
Recieved Super rod.....AT LONG LAST
Caught a Level 22 Female Poliwhirl, nicknamed Yvnrck.
Evolved Yvnrck with water stone.
Did an insane amount of grinding to get Yvnrck to 35
Got to Saffron City.
Defeated fighting dojo.
Obtained Hitmonlee, named Cleft
Returned to Celadon to defeat Erika...did so.
Spent most of my money on a Ice beam tm.
Taugh Yvnrck Ice beam and Water Pulse (May later replace with Surf).
Now I had the team I wanted to beat the league with, I got my team printed on my trainer card.

Cleft Lv.28

- Rolling Kick (Replacing)
- Hi jump kick
- Brick break
- Focus energy (Replacing)

Yvnrck Lv.36

- Water Pulse (Replacing)
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Body slam

Uppercut Lv.49
- Mega Punch
- Mega Kick
- Rock slide
- Cross chop

Badges:

Challenges
Spoiler:

Current
Fighting-
Completed
As of yet, none

Old August 9th, 2010, 11:50 PM
tomreaper
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Just started a Fire monotype run on SS. Got my Cyndaquil. Will update later
Rapidash, you have to start with a 1st generation game (blue, red, green, fire red, leaf green) unless you're doing steel or dark, since they didn't exist.
Steel
Currently-Isshu
Dragon
Currently-Isshu
Normal
Currently-Isshu
Dark
Currently-Sinnoh
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:52 PM
austy14
Cannibal

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to austy14 Send a message via Yahoo to austy14
Time for another Sparky update! If you've read my other ones you will probably know sorta what to expect from me... elongated crude humor. Well I think it's funny, anyways.

Spoiler:
Electric Monotype run of Heart Gold!
Last we heard from Sparky, he had beaten those jerkwimps Team Rocket, obtained his second badge from Bugsy, saved some guy's Farfetch'd, and was waiting fot the right momment to depart to Goldenrod City! The Adventure continues...

With only 2 Pokemon to actually use, I figured a little more help wouldn't be too bad. I needed another electric Pokemon. I'm a fond fan of Electivire so I thought Elekid would be a great pick, especially since I can't get him until I get Electabuzz later in the game. And with the daycare coming up I remembered nostalgically the way they gave you a free egg in Crystal. And now that they don't do that I figured I could get my own egg. I relied on my Sinnoh buddies, Jenna and Austy, to get me an Elekid just for me. I figured, if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right. He needed good moves, of course. This turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. I tried a few differnent tactics, but found out the easiest was to catch a male Machoke with cross chop and teach him the other moves I wanted. It worked! Though I suppose a male Electivire would have been even easier with a ditto, but I only had a female. I actually stayed up all night to get the egg... Then after the combined efforts of Austy and Jenna (thank god I have the original DS and a DSi) I traded the troublesome egg to Sparky on Heart Gold. And here is where we return to Sparky...

Yay! I finally got a third Electric Pokemon! Elekid... and this kid is a beast! At level 1 I was owning on some almost Lv 10 Geodudes over in fat guy cave (I think the map calls it Union Cave.) Thank you Ice Punch! It don't see it as cheating, just smart breeding. Now I could go through Ilex forest! On the way out I found another kimono lady. I'm not sure if she was the same one from Violet city or a new one... everyone looks the same in the worl of Pokemon. I get it, fashion styles and stuff... but does everyone have like 30 twins?Put some originality into it! I feel like me and Kris... er, Lyra, and that psycho path rival Ampere are the only originals in this world! Though the gym leaders have original style too, so congrats to them. But anyways the lady was lost and I offered her my help but she figured I was lost too. I'm 10! I think I have some idea where I'm going! Or is this cus... wait... do YOU think I'm gay too? By Arceus, everyone thinks I am. Besides, gay guys have a sens eof direction too. They are guys, after all. But, lucky for both of us, Surge (my Elekid) know where to go. He was just born half an hour ago! Well, whatever... she found her way out. And so did I! battled some trianers on route 34 and then Lyra caught up to me. We visited her grandparents who own a daycare. And then she denied being my girlfriend! I thouhjt we could easily be. Wait no, we're 10. I forgot. We have cooties still. But the way she denied the possibility of it? Unless... not her too! Gay guys don't date girls, of course. So my best friend thinks I have cooties and I'm gay? I'm just bursting with slef-confidence! But I finally made it to Goldenrod. Nice city... but first things first. Gotta get a bike! And the guy gave it to me for free! Cool! Checked out the underground... when I walked in Lyra gave me a fashion case. 'Cs you know, fashion is VERY important to a 10 year old guy. Wait, she still thinks I'm gay. Maybe showing my manly side would help? So I beat up some nerds in the basement. That just sounds wrong... and I would've given Volty (Pichu) a haircut but the shops closed on Monday. I'll get him one tomorrow. So I checked out the radio tower. Answered this quiz and got a radio card from a nice lady. THE FIRST GIFT FROM A PERSON THAT WASNT SOME GAY PEDOPHILE! Besides Lyra of course. And who's this glammed up w***e? Talking about apricots... I was hoping she would at least be a little ****ty and come on to me, make me feel better about my sexuality. But now it's time to visit the gym! It's pink, and filled with girls. Did I find my way into claire's or something? I thought the mall was a block down? Well the girls wanted to fight. I fought with them, and one. Though they all like cried... So losing they make fun of me and take my money, but winning the cry and think im a jerk? I apparently have no chance with women. But then it's that **** from the radio tower! We battled, though not for long. Elekid cross-chopped em up, then when Miltank got the better of him Volty (Pichu) finished her up. Then Whitney started crying! Her to? I just want my badge and to get out of Victoria's Secret. She finally gives it to me! Sadly, not in a sexual form. Just a plain badge... and a CD. But the CD is Attract, does that mean there's a little attraction between us? With nothing left to do I head north. Bunch of trainers here, but easily beat. Checked out the Pokeathalon and tried one out, got a gold medal in speed. thats why I love electric pokemon, they are fast and strong! Also checked out the park. Some trainers here... Beat them. Then on route 36 it was that tree again! This girl said I should watter it. I did... AND IT F**KIN ATTACKED ME! Stupid tree! Amph (Flaffy) knocked him out. And I was on my way to Ecruteak! Found a cool dance theater. Staright guys can dance too, you know. But wait... this Rocket grunt was trying to get a lap dance from a Kimono girl! How rude and indecent! I showed that guy how to treat a lady with bird poop on her face. Then I checked out Burnt tower, battled Ampere again. Elekid made taking care of Bayleef easier. In the basement there were some cool looking legendary pokemon! But they ran away and then this guy in a cape came by looking for suicune. He got a little excited about it... But now the gym was open so I could try for a challenge. And it was a challenge! I beat the first Jr. trainer (though, not so junior) and figured I neeed more work. I went back to Goldenrod, training on my way, to see Bill. He gave me an Eevee! I elvolved ot into a Jolteon, of course. Named him Shock! And then I a nice save rest here, it's getting late. More to come tomorrow!

Current team:

Lv. 22 ♀ Pichu "Volty"
Lv. 21 ♀ Flaffy "Amph"
Lv. 22 ♂ Elekid "Surge"
Lv. 13 ♂ Jolteon "Shock"

Slaves:

Lv. 1 ♂ Togepi
Lv. 8 ♂ Totodile "HM"

Oh, and I finally made myself a sig banner for my challenge! It just doens't have Jolteon (Made it before he was around) and I'm contemplating updating the banner as my team changes. We'll see. But see ya next time!

Old August 10th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Akito Wanijima
Dubfreak

Ok, just saying that I'm now going on holiday for just over a week, so can't be playing/updating. Will continue Akito's Ultimate Fighting monotype challenge when I return and hopefully finish the first generation quickly.

Challenges
Spoiler:

Current
Fighting-
Completed
As of yet, none

Old August 10th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Scytha
mass effect freak

OK. My last post didn't work. Anyway I've started another ultimate run with Flying types on Red Version. Here's my overworked team:

Flarewing
Lvl. 17
Scratch
Ember
Leer
Growl

Larry
Lvl. 18
Gust
Sand Attack
Quick Attack

Spearbeak
Lvl. 17
Peck
Growl
Leer
Fury Attack

I've beaten Brock with my overleveled team, and I'm just about to make my may to Mt. Moon.

NOTE: I have not finished my Fighting run yet.

tumblr - twitter - steam
Old August 10th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Fire Wolf
it's as humid as a sauna, boy!

Nature: Timid
Ok so I played my Flying challenge and beat Hoenn with Crobat, Salamence, Altaria and Gyarados. So yeah, on to Sinnoh!
Old August 10th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Matt2419
Beginning Trainer

Update #3
-Went through underground path 1(Cerulian to Vermilion)
-Battled only the required trainer on the route to Vermilion
-Went on S.S. Anne and battled every trainer that I know of
-Used my 2 rare candys to level Charmeleon up to 36 so it could evolve
-Destroyed my rival(water) using 3 flamethrowers and 1 wing attack
-Received HM01 Cut
-Taught Cut to HM slave Paras
-Defeated Lt. Surge's gym with Flamethrower

My current team:
Charzard Lvl. 36
Scratch
Wing Attack
Flamethrower