Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 20th, 2011 (02:04 AM).

What level do you guys reccomend me evolving volpix to Ninetails at
Old January 20th, 2011 (06:57 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Putting my challenge on hold, I'll resume with the same Pokémon ect.
Old January 20th, 2011 (07:45 AM). Edited January 20th, 2011 by myrrhman.
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
@jt: hold off until 35. Vulpix learns Flamethrower at that level, which Ninetails can't learn. You can go to online sites like serebii/bulbapedia/psypokes and they'll tell you all the moves that your Pokemon can learn + much much more.

@cathar: yeah, I usually go with an emulator because playing on the real thing is just so slow. And you can trade with yourself if you are so inclined, though I am not.

Also, everything is updated on my side! Yay go everything!

Edity: On HG, I beat all the Kanto Gyms. On to Elite Four round 2! Also, I fell in love with Viridian's Gym design. I just sort of ran around and watched the tiles light up. It was fun.

The Starmies are around 52 now, and the Feraligatrs are around 55 now.
Old January 20th, 2011 (08:47 PM).

@Myrr - Lego Land > 4th Gen Viridian

Anyway, no work or classes today. So I decided to finish up Crystal. Went smoothly except for a few bumps. Red's Charizard is beastly.

Spoiler:
I decided to take JD's advice and grabbed that egg. First hatch ended up being a Smooch so I was pleased with that. Went on to training that, catching a Swinub and Dewgong, and then letting them catch up to the rest of the gang before taking on the Elite Four. Clair was no biggy, I took her out while training the first Pokemon in need of training (Smoochum), but that's to be expected on an Ice run.

After that I decided to finish up my grinding in Victory Road as it was just giving out EXP like it was Christmas. After everyone made it to 50 (And my lead to 55) I headed off to the Elite Four, which I had expected to be a little more difficult... Oh, I also used those TMs I've been hoarding to make my team less mono-tone.

Will - No trouble. May's Ice Beam/Thunder and Trish II's Shadow Ball made quick work of him.

Koga - Another quick battle. Trish II's Psychic and a few Unneeded Ice Beams from others (Free EXP) took them down in one shot.

Bruno - Another easy one. I thought he'd have more Rock/Ground so I had PuhiPuhi lead. Puhi ended up beasting his entire team with STAB'd + Soft Sand Earthqauke. I did switch to Trish II for Machamp just because those random crits can be a pain.

Karen - Led off with Shredder for the Not very effective advantage. Went smoothly until her Murkrow. I wanted the stylish kill so I went for Thunder as the final hit, but missed 4 times in a row and May took some Faint Attacks to the face. But she's tough, she handled it with plenty of HP to spare.

Lance -Led with Travis T. because he hadn't seen ANY action in the League so far. He ended up taking out 5/6 of his Pokemon in one shot. I got a little worried on Aerodactly, but he lived through the Rock Slide and shot a x4 STAB Ice Beam to Aero's face. No way he was living through that. After that just switched to Tap Deck to take out his Charizard fast and easy. That's the end of that.

After that I went through Kanto in less than an hour. 1 hit pretty much everything and anything the Gym leaders brought out with the exception of Blaine (Who I was raising Shredder at so it was a little slower) and good ol' Blue.

Blue - The battle went easy, one-hitting everything but his Pigeot, until Arcanine... He got several Critical Flamethrowers in a row off, leaving me down to just May and Trish II. May took him down 3 times (Full Restore'd twice) and that was the end of him. Like I said in Yellow; Good game Blue, good game.

With Blue's Arcanine shenanigans out of the way I was a little worried about Red, but I decided to just go for it as Cardwell took him out with Pokemon only slightly higher than mine, and with half the team amount. I was slightly off as it didn't exactly go my way...

Red - I decided to lead with my new favorite team member Lv.60 PuhiPuhi (Piloswine) and I was greeted by his lv.81 Pikachu. PuhiPuhi made quick work of ol' Chewy with a Earthquake. After that he brought out Charizard, which ended up being my downfall. I thought "Oh I can bring Tap Deck out and live a Flamethrower/Fire Blast and hit him with a STAB'd Surf." I was dead wrong. That thing 1HKO'd me with that Flamethrower, and I lost my balance and fell victim to it. Had to reload and retry twice and finally got past his Charizard thanks to May's Thunder. Espeon went down nice and easy thanks to Shredder. Snorlax also fell victim to PuhiPuhi's Earthquake. He brought out Blastoise, which got so lucky on Surf. Hit 4 Crits in a row. I had to restart and got back to the same spot. Decided to just go with Dewgong against him this time (May has 12 Health left thanks to Double Flamethrower from Charizard) which turned out very nice. Headbutt'd twice, then went into Rest and Sleep Talk. Sleep Talk surprised me, did Headbutts and an occasional Ice Beam, until I was near death and it got Rest which I enjoyed. With Blastoise down it was just Venasaur, which did end up sweeping most of my team with Giga Drain. I got an Earthquake off with PuhiPuhi, and then with Tap Deck's last chance (And mine as that's all I had left) it got an Ice Beam off and killed it.
I was not expecting that many of his pokemon to give me a rough time. I could have used some FUll Restores and made this fight one sided after Charizard, but using No Items was the only way to make this feel like the challenge was still going. Good game Red.

In short, Elite Four was a piece of cake. Blue's Arcanine is a beast with those Critical chains. Red's Charizard is godly. I now love Pilloswine for no reason, and will probably start using one in my main team outside this challenge...

Crystal Final Team:

PuhiPuhi the Piloswine - Lv60 @ Softsand
Blizzard
Earthquake
Hidden Power (Turned out Water)
Take Down

Tap Deck the Cloyster - Lv.57 @ Mystic Water
Ice Beam
Surf
Attract
Swift

Shredder the Sneasel - Lv.56 @ Black Glasses
Dynamic Punch
Faint Attack
Slash
Iron Tail

May the Lapras - Lv.57 @ Dragon Fang
Ice Beam
Dragon Breath
Rain Dance (Hydo Pump AFTER Charizard ;_; )
Thunder

Trish II the Jynx - Lv.55 @ Nevermelt Ice (Didn't have the Psychic or Ghost boosting item)
Blizzard
Psychic
Dizzy Punch
Shadow Ball

Travis T. the Dewgong - Lv.55 @ Pink Bow
Rest
Sleep Talk
Ice Beam
Headbutt

On to Ruby.

Yellow- Crystal - Ruby - Diamond - Black

The Ultimate Random Challenge: Sapphire
// (No Evolution)
Old January 20th, 2011 (09:21 PM).
Monotype Master
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Kokowood:
After that I decided to finish up my grinding in Victory Road as it was just giving out EXP like it was Christmas. After everyone made it to 50 (And my lead to 55) I headed off to the Elite Four, which I had expected to be a little more difficult... Oh, I also used those TMs I've been hoarding to make my team less mono-tone.
Dude, L50 is way high for the first Elite 4, holy crap.

Quote originally posted by Kokowood:
With Blue's Arcanine shenanigans out of the way I was a little worried about Red, but I decided to just go for it as Cardwell took him out with Pokemon only slightly higher than mine, and with half the team amount. I was slightly off as it didn't exactly go my way...
I usually grind my team to L60 for Red in GSC, usually against the Elite Four, which is really easy in GSC. The reason your Cloyster didn't survive Flamethrower is because it has extremely crappy special defense lol. Anyway, L60 is prolly the best baseline for beating Red without using too many items (Max Revives....).

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old January 20th, 2011 (09:30 PM).

Quote originally posted by jdthebud:
Dude, L50 is way high for the first Elite 4, holy crap.
Yeah it was. I blame Jynx. I had several Pokemon up to Lv.50 already, and my weird OCD like nature wouldn't let me continue on until the rest were around that spot. It's fine though, after the league I was so over leveled that I didn't do very many trainer battles in Kanto and just hit Gym after Gym and then went straight to Red, so I ended up at the same place I would have been end game anyway.

Quote originally posted by jdthebud:
I usually grind my team to L60 for Red in GSC, usually against the Elite Four, which is really easy in GSC. The reason your Cloyster didn't survive Flamethrower is because it has extremely crappy special defense lol. Anyway, L60 is prolly the best baseline for beating Red without using too many items (Max Revives....).
Yeah Cloyster's not a Special Tank, but I thought it could AT LEAST take one Flamethrower. Put too much expectation on him in that fight. And I did pretty good 55-60 with no items. Once I took down the Charizard the rest of the team was pretty easy, just a few minor bumps on Blastoise's luck factor.

Yellow- Crystal - Ruby - Diamond - Black

The Ultimate Random Challenge: Sapphire
// (No Evolution)
Old January 21st, 2011 (02:48 AM).

Hey guys I found my Fire Red Game So im restarting on that
Old January 21st, 2011 (07:58 AM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

In HG, I thought that you had to fight the E4 a second time before you could fight red, but apparently I was wrong. I still think I'm going to train on them for a while, at least my EQ Feraligatr (for Pikachu). Just looked over his team on Bulbapedia and I think I will just revive off his Venusaur.
Old January 21st, 2011 (02:21 PM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cardwell74
Oh Hoenn... how much I really cant decide if i like or hate thy...

Anyways, i've made progress! 3 badges down

And i know those pictures dont make it seem like it, but combusken isn't my only pokemon. I'm currently heading north, and saving up enough money to buy a flamethrower TM for combusken.

Current Team

Combusken (lvl 28)
-Ember
-Peck
-Rock Tomb
-Double Kick

Breloom (lvl 27)
-Headbutt
-Mach Punch
-Leech Seed
-Mega Drain

HM Slaves
Zigzagoon (Cut, Rock Smash)

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Electric
Yellow -> Crystal -> Sapphire -> Platinum

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Grass
Blue -> Silver -> Emerald -> Platinum

Ultimate Monotype Challenges Completed
Ground: Yellow -> Crystal -> Ruby -> Platinum (Done out of order)
Water: Blue -> Crystal -> Emerald -> Platinum
Flying: Blue -> Gold -> Emerald -> Platinum
Fighting: Yellow -> Crystal -> Ruby -> Platinum

Single Monotype Challenges Completed
Fire: Gold
Poison: Yellow
Old January 21st, 2011 (08:18 PM).

At last, started my 4th leg of my poison umc!

I chose piplup, for torterras super effectiveness against ground to make the game more challenging. I got my watch and caught Rosey, the Budew, who was holding a poison barb. I went to the cave and caught a zubat and named him Zulu. I trained them both to level 10 and went to the coal mine. After i found the gym leader, i trained them both to level 15 and i challenged the gym. His pokemon died fast to Roseys mega drain. Almost had a little trouble against crainados, but after he healed him, Rosey took him down in one shot.

I'm gonna wait till tomorrow morning before i continue so i can hopefully maybe evolve Rosey.

Rosey/Budew

Level 17

-Mega Drain
-Growth
-Water Sport
-Stun Spore

Zulu/Zubat

Level 15

-Leech Life
-Super Sonic
-Astonish
-Bite
Steel
Currently-Isshu
Dragon
Currently-Isshu
Normal
Currently-Isshu
Dark
Currently-Sinnoh
Old January 21st, 2011 (10:02 PM).
Monotype Master
Gold Tier

Finished Green. It was weird, I won't do it again.

Started on Cycling Road.

Screens:

Spoiler:
- Forgot Koga's screenshot.

Lol, beat Blaine before Sabrina.

Lots of humorous engrish in this translated version I'm using.

- After Victory Road, here comes the Elite Four.

Trainer Card:

Crystal is next.

Team Norm:

Fairy the Clefable - L50
Moves: Strength, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast

Twin the Dodrio - L48
Moves: Drill Peck, Fly, Fury Attack, Body Slam

Fang the Raticate - L49
Moves: Hyper Fang, Super Fang, Double-Edge, Dig

Pory the Porygon - L48
Moves: Psychic, Recover, Conversion, Tri Attack

Sleep the Snorlax - L48
Moves: Body Slam, Surf, Rest, Earthquake

Dux the Farfetch'd - L12
Slave Moves: Cut

Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Old January 22nd, 2011 (07:16 AM).

Another part of my Poison UMC. I made my way trough the gym leaders, rockets and other people who wanted to challenge me (Who the poison master now Koga?) With my six beauties i made my way to trough the first part of the second part of my UMC.

My team:

Missile (Ariados), lv. 48
- Thief
- Constrict
- Leech life
- Fury swipes

Missile, (I also named my Beedril in Fire red that way in this challenge) the "Beedril replacement" It was not a bad pokémon in the beginning. I really can't whait until it learns Psychic or a strong move. He is by far my weakest pokémon in the Elite four.

Hades (Crobat), lv. 51
- Leech life
- Fly
- Bite
- Confuse ray

Hades. I want to kick myself. why i didn't used him before? His Bite saved me from Will and his Fly actually made the final blast at Dragonite. He is for sure one of my strongest pokémon

Jungle (Weepinbell), lv 46
- Razor leaf
- Acid
- Wrap
- Sleep powder

Jungle named after my Venusaur on the Fire red part of this challenge. And he is mostly the same. Not that strong but strong in the thing he does the best. Killing rocks, ground and waters.

Iris (Tentacruel) lv. 47
- Wrap
- Acid
- Surf
- Barrier

I LOVE HIM. Iris is by far my strongest member. Taking Hitmonchans Thunderpunches or what ever attack he fires at him like a champ. And then firing back strong Surfs or set up a Barrier.

King (Nidoking) lv. 45
- Iron tail
- Strength
- Double kick
- Fury attack

King... I expected him to be just as strong as his counterpart (Queen the Nidoqueen from guess what challenge) But he wasn't that good still pretty good

Smog (Weezing) lv. 51
- Explosion
- Sludge
- Rollout
- Destiny bond

Smog was the latest but still a bulky member. Rollout killed very irritating Golbats and other flyers while i just could explode when i was bored or was facing some thing unbeateble. Dragonites or something.

So, on to Kanto again. Let's get the other eight badges and Red's respect!
Old January 22nd, 2011 (04:24 PM).

Quote originally posted by Timmetje:
Smog was the latest but still a bulky member. Rollout killed very irritating Golbats and other flyers while i just could explode when i was bored or was facing some thing unbeateble. Dragonites or something.
I personally LOVE explosion.

Anyways, back to the hoenn leg, which my playing on ruby, of my fighting ultimate monotype challenge

beat those 2 no problem. i did norman's entire gym with just breloom

this one, was a lot hard. that 9 hp was the last 9 hp on my last guy... but i pulled it out, thanks to the fact breloom used leech seed before he was ko'd by altaria

i thought this one would be hard. then i remember fighting beats rock. Solrock was ko'd in the first turn with a shadow ball from medicham and a sky uppercut from breloom. psychic from... the other one whose name escapse me, lunatone? took out breloom, but it was quickly taken out by a shadow ball and double kick by blaziken.

This wasnt hard at all. mega drain and fighting moves for the ice types.

im currently a little lost in the ocean looking for ever grande. thats the part i HATE about hoenn, the oceanic navigation.

Current Team

Blaziken (lvl 43)
-Flamethrower
-Slash
-Earthquake
-Double Kick

Breloom (lvl 43)
-Headbutt
-Sky Uppercut
-Leech Seed
-Mega Drain

Medicham (lvl 41)
-Confusion
-Shadow Ball
-Hi Jump Kick
-Hidden Power (Poison? Seriously?)

HM Slaves
Zigzagoon (Cut, Rock Smash, Surf) (he has also picked up like 7 rare candies, its awesome)
Tropius (Strength, Fly, Flash)
staryu (Dive, Waterfall)

Old January 22nd, 2011 (06:32 PM).
Monotype Master
Gold Tier

Started Crystal leg of Normal UMC.

My only holdover from Green is going to be Clefable. I hate that Girafarig isn't in Crystal, though. I chose to have Clefable over Girafarig, as Clefable can learn the elemental punches, and has the only decent special attack of the normal type so far.

Here we go. I just beat Morty:

Spoiler:
  • I chose to be a girl here (never been one before), and named myself Norma. Rival is Joe.
  • Chose Chikorita for Flash and Cut.
  • Went through the intial plot stuff.
  • Caught a Sentret (Phil) and Pidgey (Gerald) on my way to Violet City.
  • Gerald destroyed Sprout Tower with Gust.
  • Battled Faulkner.

Won pretty easily. I had Phil switching in to get experience points.

• On the way to Azalea, Phil evolved into Furret and Gerald into Pidgeotto.
  • Got through Union Cave and beat TR in the well.
  • Batled Bugsy.

Gerald had it easy with Gust here.

• Then Joe wanted to fight.

Sweep with Phil.

• Got through Ilex Forest without trouble. Taught Headbutt to Phil.
  • In Goldenrod, I hatched the Odd Egg into a Cleffa on the first try! Named her Fable.
  • Got a couple Return TMs while changing the days to give Fable haircuts to raise her happiness. One went to Gerald, the other to Fable, who also knows Dizzy Punch.
  • After beating all the trainers north and south of Goldenrod and in the Goldenrod Tunnel, I challenged Whitney.

It took both Phil and Gerald to get Miltank down to a little heath left after a bunch of Mud-Slaps and Sand-Attacks. After they both fainted, Fable avoided a Stomp and finished Miltank off with Dizzy Punch.

• Immediately after beating Whitney, Fable evolved into Clefairy, and I taught her Ice Punch.
  • Went up to Ecruteak City, catching a Psyduck along the way. Taught Dig to Phil.
  • Battled the Kimono Girls and got Surf, which I taught to Psyduck.
  • Went into the Burned Tower, where Joe was waiting.

No trouble here, either.

• After freeing the beasts, I went into the gym to fight Morty.

Phil swept with Dig, 2HKOing Gengar after he missed with Hypnosis (had to do this battle twice) and OHKOing everything else.

Right now I am waiting for the morning to come so I can catch Miltank, and I will also get a Moon Stone from the south-east cavern in the Ruins of Alph. I have Surf now so I can do it. I will also be able to get another Return TM.

Team Norma:

Gerald the Pidgeotto, ♀ - L23
Moves: Quick Attack, Gust, Sand-Attack, Return

Fable the Clefairy, ♀ - L24 @ Quick Claw
Moves: Return, Ice Puch, Dizzy Punch, Sweet Kiss

Phil the Furret, ♂ - L27
Moves: Headbutt, Quick Attack, Defense Curl, Dig

Chikorita, ♂ - L6
Slave Moves: Flash, Cut

Psyduck, ♀ - L13
Slave Moves: Surf, Rock Smash

Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Old January 22nd, 2011 (10:31 PM).

I made it though victory road, grinded my team up to level 50, thinking it was enough. And for sidney, pheobe and glacia it was, i walked through all of them. And them drake demolished me. I found my secret weapon however, the move relearner was able to teach my medicham ice punch. i'm gonna grind everyone up to level 55 and the go for E4 attempt #2.

Old January 23rd, 2011 (10:37 PM).
Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU

Location: Sleeping with Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, and Pokabu
As you can see from my sig, I have most of Emerald behind me, but...

I AM STUCK AT LIZA & TATE >.<

Current Team:

Amber/Blaziken lvl 59
Careful
HP: 184 Atk: 163 Def: 101 SpAtk:128 SpDef: 103 Spd: 130
Slash | Sky Uppercut | Bulk up | Blaze Kick

Danson/Camrupt lvl 57
Naive
HP: 135 Atk: 135 Def: 93 SpAtk: 155 SpDef: 87 Spd: 61
Strength | Rock Slide | Eruption | Earthquake

Sunny/Magcargo lvl 57
Rash
HP: 134 Atk: 63 Def: 154 SpAtk: 117 SpDef: 94 Spd: 51
Amnesia | Rock Smash | Flametrower | Rock Slide

Luna/Vulpix lvl 57
Rash
HP: 115 Atk: 64 Def: 63 SpAtk: 73 SpDef: 79 Spd: 88
Quick Attack | Grudge | Safeguard | Flamethrower

This does not bode well... My team can just barely take Claydol (if they don't go down first to Earthquake or Psychic) out, but there's still Solrock, Lunatone, and Xatu. Any advice? I'm seriously thinking of speed training a hacked Charmander and/or Cyndaquil at this point. This is after my first loss and I had to train drastically as it is when they were in their high 40's. x(

Current Challenge(s):

B.I.N.G.O - Kanto - Love @ 1st Sight - LG

Current Challenges on hold:
UMC (Fire) => Fire Red Soul Silver Emerald Platinum Black

Complete Challenges:

Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):
Old January 24th, 2011 (02:18 AM).
Monotype Master
Gold Tier

Update #2 on Crystal.

Went from Ecruteak City to the start of the Radio Tower takeover.

Spoiler:
  • First, I caught a Miltank on the way to Olivine City named Miss Tank.
  • Then I scaled the Lighthouse.
  • Went back to Goldenrod and bought ThunderPunch and taught it to Fable, and got another Return TM as well for Phil. Also found a Moon Stone in the Ruins of Alph.
  • Got a Sharp Beak from Monica (for Gerald, of course).
  • Surfed to Cianwood City. Taught Strength to Psyduck.
  • Found Suicune up north hiding out, then Eusine attacked me, so I took care of him.
  • Then I challenged the gym. I knew I was a bit overleveled so I wasn't worried that much. *cough*

Well, I did lose a couple times. Gerald took care of Primeape with a couple Returns first. Then damn DynamicPunch kept hitting, even through 3 Sand-Attacks once, which is just ridiculous. Finally got Poliwrath to miss a couple times so I could damage him, then Fable finished him off with ThunderPunch.

• Got Fly and taught it to Gerald.
  • Evolved Fable into Clefable with the Moon Stone.
  • Flew back to Olivine and healed Amphy, then battled Jasmine.

Phil took care of the Magnemites with Dig, then fell to Iron Tail, as did Miss Tank. Gerald then spammed Sand-Attack until Iron Tail finally hit. Fable then used Ice Punch like 12 times before Steelix finally went down, never hitting with Iron Tail.

• Flew to Ecruteak City, then went east to Mahogony Town after navigating Mt. Mortar.
  • Went north to Lake of Rage.
  • Beat Gyarados, then Lance recruited me to fight Team Rocket.
  • Beat the Hideout.

Return is a beast right now.

• Taught Whirlpool to Psyduck.
  • Then I challenged the gym.

Miss Tank swept with Stomp. For some reason, Piloswine kept using Fury Attack. Fury Attack? Really?

• Got the call from Prof. Elm about the radio broadcasts, so I Flew to Goldenrod, where I saved.

I am about to beat Team Rocket for all time.

Team Norma:

Miss Tank the Miltank, ♀ - L32
Moves: Stomp, Milk Drink, Defense Curl, Tackle

Phil the Furret, ♂ - L32
Moves: Return, Quick Attack, Defense Curl, Dig

Gerald the Pidgeotto, ♀ - L33 @ Sharp Beak
Moves: Return, Fly, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

Fable the Clefairy, ♀ - L33 @ Magnet
Moves: Return, Ice Puch, Dizzy Punch, ThunderPunch

Chikorita, ♂ - L6 @ Gold Berry
Slave Moves: Flash, Cut

Psyduck, ♀ - L13 @ Quick Claw
Slave Moves: Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Rock Smash

Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Old January 24th, 2011 (06:50 AM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

When are you going to evolve your Vulpix? It can't learn many moves after that, for being a NFE Pokemon...

In other news, I am still trying to beat the Elite Four round 2 on HeartGold. Feraligatrs are between 60 and 64, and Starmies are either 55 and 57 or 57 and 59. But I think I'm getting somewhere, and I've begun using Hyper Potions and Revives, because I realized that I have enough money to buy one Revive and 4 Hyper Potions if I beat Will and Koga, and lots more if I beat Bruno (also, I just started using the Amulet Coin so yay). I think I'm going to train my EQ Feraligatr until he can OHKO Will's Bronzong. That will probably be around 70 or something...
Old January 24th, 2011 (07:38 AM).
Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU

Location: Sleeping with Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, and Pokabu
Would have evolved her already, but I don't have Dive, so I can't get those shards for a fire stone just yet. My focus at the moment is just trying to figure out how I'll survive the twins with all my fire types taking 2x and 4x damage.

Current Challenge(s):

B.I.N.G.O - Kanto - Love @ 1st Sight - LG

Current Challenges on hold:
UMC (Fire) => Fire Red Soul Silver Emerald Platinum Black

Complete Challenges:

Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):
Old January 24th, 2011 (07:54 AM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

Hmmm, I guess you should try to get Blaziken to get a Crit with Slash and train Vulpix/Camerupt enough til they're faster than Claydol and kill it with Eruption/Flamethrower or something. Good luck.
Old January 24th, 2011 (08:26 AM).

Move my UMC poison onto Hoenn I beated Red!

Pikachu: Kings Earthquake splashed the little rat
Espeon: It's a *****. Luckly with one sacrifice and Crobats Bite hax i defeated it.
Snorlax: BOOM Weezings explosion was enough to stop it doing damage
Venusaur: Some Flys killed it.
Blastoise: I hate blizzard. I had to restart my emulator a few times to sleep it and Razor leaf it down.
Charizard: Got Surfed over

My team:

Missile (Ariados), lv. 58
- Thief
- Giga drain
- Psychic
- Flash

Missile again, he got so much better when i teached him Giga drain and Psychic. Still not my strongest member but a good team mate.

Hades (Crobat), lv. 58
- Leech life
- Fly
- Bite
- Confuse ray

Hades. After lance i wanted to kick myself why i don't used him now i want to kill myself. Killing to of Red's pokémon. Espeon and Venusaur. He is a very got if not the best member of my team. You will see him back next part for sure

Jungle (Weepinbell), lv 60
- Razor leaf
- Acid
- Cut
- Sleep powder

Jungle He was one that killed Blastoise not the strongest member. But Sleep powder was very handy

Iris (Tentacruel) lv. 55
- Wrap
- Acid
- Surf
- Barrier

I STILL LOVE HIM. He's strong takes any attack like a champ. (was so handy VS Sabrina) and his surf is one of the strongest move in my team. Very good member. i now you are gonna see him coming back to

King (Nidoking) lv. 56
- Iron tail
- Strength
- Earthquake
- Surf

King... He killed pikachu and Earthquake killed Pikachu. Very strong after he got Earthquake and Surf

Smog (Weezing) lv. 54
- Explosion
- Sludge
- Rollout
- Destiny bond

WEEZING. Explosion is such a cool move and Destiny bond is nice to. Also a very good pokémon.

Onto Hoenn.

After i did the boring stuff and captured a second Wurmple. I grindend him and hoped to not again be a beautifly. But i had luck and he changed in a Cascoon and short after that in a Dustox. I beated Roxanne with thanks to missing and a X defend and a x special.

Team:

Missile (Dustox)
lv. 18 Quiet
- Tackle
- Confusion
- Protect
- Gust
Old January 24th, 2011 (09:01 AM).
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Just a quick update from me on my Soulsilver run.

I didn't have a lot of time to play, mostly because I spent most of my time breeding. Nevertheless, managed to get together a cool team and I've got all 8 badges now.
Dragon girl wasn't any harder than any other trainer so far, mostly due to my new cool Mamoswine!

Team Soulsilver:

Bowser the Quagsire, Level 48
Surf, Earthquake, Slam, ForgotEnglishnameWeakGroundattack
Spoiler:
Still the most solid Pokémon on the team, though I really really wish I could change its ability to the Water absorbing thing. Would have saved me a lot of trouble with the Kingdra of Dragongirl.

Loverboy the Nidoking, Level 50
Earthpower(?), Attract, Doublekick, Thrash
Spoiler:
Still rocking the world of female Pokémon. Honestly, Nidoking is my new favorite Pokémon ever. I should have started using one ten years ago.

Tinkerbell the Mamoswine, Level 47
Earthquake, Ice Fang, Dig, Ancient Power(?)
Spoiler:
I have about ten Swinub babies in Box 1 because they all had sucky natures. This one is fine now. Great addition, monstrous attack stat. I like. Ice Fang should be fun for those pesky dragons.

Sputnik the Rhyhorn, Level 1
Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Crunch
Spoiler:
Now this one took a while to get. I had quite a few heartscales lying about because I just love messing with the Pokéwalker at the moment (priceless looks by other students and professors when they see me with a Pokéball on my belt, lawl) and I decided to use some of them.
Caught an Arbok with Crunch, taught it the three elemental fangs and threw it together with a Rhyhorn whose moves I deleted previously.
Tadaa, here is their bastard daughter Sputnik, with all the moves she will ever need.

Random notes:
  • I am now quite the breeder. I have about twenty level 1 Pokémon in Box 1.
  • I'm thinking about removing at least one of the elemental fang attacks of Rhyhorn for a ground or rock move. Any ideas on which for which?
  • I've never given much thought about natures and breeding moves, but it does add another fun and interesting layer to Pokémon. Go Nintendo!
That's it from the slow Granpa for now,
Cheers,
Peter
Old January 24th, 2011 (01:01 PM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

Well, I beat the E4 round 2. I think I'm just going to have to train on them until my team is all around the same level. Lance was much easier than I thought he would be. I figured all of his Pokemon would outspeed a Starmie 15-20 levels under them, but nobody except for Salamence did. I didn't OHKO Dragonite w/ Ice Beam, but he spammed Draco Meteor, so after I revived Starmie I took care of him. I'm thinking I'm going to get both Starmie to level 65 and Feraligatrs to whatever level they end at, since they'll be much higher (they're already 60-65). I'll probably have 2 more updates; one saying I'm ready for Red, and one saying I beat Red.
Old January 24th, 2011 (01:24 PM).

I will say this... This challenge had the single hardest single pokemon to conquer of any challenge i've ever done. Drake's Salamence. Like i said before, I walked through the first three of the elite four, taking hardly any damage, and with ice punch, drake's other pokemon weren't difficult. His salamance gave me so much grief. Was so happy when Blaziken took it out. Steven was pretty easy, the only annoying part was the fact i acidentally lead with breloom, and onto of that, i acidentally used giga drain, so he laid spikes and poisioned me. Other than that it was smooth sailing.

Final Team

Blaziken (lvl 56)
-Flamethrower
-Slash
-Earthquake
-Double Kick

Breloom (lvl 55)
-Headbutt
-Sky Uppercut
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain

Medicham (lvl 57)
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Hi Jump Kick
-Ice Punch

HM Slaves
Zigzagoon (Cut, Rock Smash, Surf) (he has also picked up like 7 rare candies, its awesome)
Tropius (Strength, Fly, Flash)
staryu (Dive, Waterfall)

Onto Sinnoh... no more screen caps, since i dont have a ds emulator.

Old January 24th, 2011 (01:43 PM).
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Heyo, folks! School is no longer an obstacle for me, so by the time I get this challenge updated, I plan to keep it that way.

I am still rather focused on competitive Pokémon battling, so I don't know if I'll be completing a challenge myself in the near future. But in the meantime, expect to see more of me around these parts.

Sponsored Links