The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 6th, 2010, 06:19 PM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl

Advertise here
im going to be sad when everyone leaves..
especially brock since hes not even coming back for the next gen
i will kinda miss dawn, she wasnt half-bad :p
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:25 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Meh at least Brock will get a cameo next year, or should like the other past characters. I'll be shocked if they only give Dawn a cameo, than again I don't think a boy character other than Tracey or Max has ever left. Look what happened to them? Max has only gotten one TV appearnce since, Tracey only appears at the end of every generation. Will Brock be more lucky than them? Guess will see. Is the episode airing this week or next?

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old September 9th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Ugh, it's tonight! I feel weak in the stomach already...

I do miss the characters that came with the anime, but what I WILL miss is the series itself. I mean, this is the first series that I was with for the whole time, and seeing it leave (while I'm staying-- wait this seems like the series is dying) really... saddens me.

Er, long live Diamond and Pearl...?
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:58 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

It was a sad episode, I loved the begining when Dawn tried waking Ash up, it really was cute. Than the ending was just sad, however I freakin loved the flashbacks, would have liked some between Ash and Paul but whatever. Looks like Brocko really is leaving for good, or else he wouldn't have those flashbacks himself. I also liked Dawn's hug with Pipulp. And oh for those who wanted a reunion between Ash and his friends, there wasn't they just showed Ash arriving at his home town. Than next episode looks like hey'll already be on an airplane. Maybe they are leaving the old cast behind to start a brand new journey for Ash. Over all, I really loved the ending, at least Dawn cried she cared about the gang, May didn't even cry when she left. I don't think May even had flashbacks at the end???

Old September 9th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I feel so sad I nearly started crying at the end! :') I loved the battle between Cynthia and Flint! Oh and how Ash was imagining it was him battling her! The credits were awsome, with the flash backs and stuff!~ Too bad we didn't get too see Ash too much in Pallet town but I still liked this ending better!~ I find it awsome how Brocks wants to be a Pokemon Doctor!

I seriously loved DP, im gonna miss Dawn too! SHE BETTER GET A CAMEO!

Memories Are Pearls...! Friendships are Diamonds...!~

Old September 9th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Pochama might have been annoying all this time, but HE was the one who started my bawlfest. ;A; Oh god, this episode.

Ugh, went through 2 blank-feeling!fests in the span of two months, and the latest is even worse than when Shinji left us. I'm... not sure if I should watch Best Wishes. The change is too painful. (And no people, I usually don't mind changing. This is an exception.)

Welp, this would be the last time we hear the word:
Daijobu!
...man, this series might have sucked, but I still love it.
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
I dont like him takling more than pikachu, I wish he'd leave Pikachu and take Gible. I want a FRESH TEAM. No Pokemon that have any real screen time. That wa, Gible doesnt count
FRESH TEAM?!?!?!

No that would suck
nearly every trainer starts with there starter pokemon
Ash
brock
misty
may
dawn
jessie
james
molly(pokemon movie 3)

All have there starters
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Piplup to Pikachu: Calm down? How can I calm down? My trainer wants to work with her other Pokemon more and I ain't the Anime mascot anymore. You, you get to live on forever to stupid yellow freak. Me, it's all over. OVER! So don't tell me to CALM DA HELL DOWN!!!

Also, what was that blast that hit TR? Imma miss Dawn Lovely episode. Loved the battle and Cynthia winning. Dawn is rich, here house is HUGE :o Team Rocket crack me up xD In the preview though, it looks like they're still after Pikachu, to an extent. I'll see if I can find the Best Wishes Preview backstage thing but I can't wait until 23rd!!! I might just watch up until they meet Dento. I don't want to get involved in the JP shows too much :
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I really enjoyed this episode. It was a good ending to a new beginning. It had everything tied into one from the comedy moments, the battling, and then the tear-jerking moments. I must admit, while Piplup did receive so much attention throughout the saga, it really did create a sad ending. In a way, I'm going to miss that little guy, and Dawn too. Oh, one thing that got me was that they even used the same music from when Ash and Pikachu was attacked by Spearow. That is where it got to be pretty touching.

I'm really at lost for words with this episode, but pretty much what everyone has mentioned is how I see it. After this episode though, I'm pretty sure that Brock has left the main cast for good now.

On another note, Sinnoh was the best saga in handling things (probably not the best in handling the characters), but as far as other aspects compare to previous seasons, DP tops it for me. It had the best battling seasons so far, and the contests were still enjoyable in my opinion. I'm tempted to say Best Wishes will top the DP Arc, but we'll see.
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM
AliceBlaze
Shiny Collector

Nature: Lonely
Where does Dawn go at the end of the episode? Does she start a new journey or does she just stay at home in Twinleaf Town?
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Kwaah, when they used "Tears for a Cloudy Day" when Piplup was going crazy, I had tears in my eyes, but TR ruined it T.T But then I completely cried when Dawn was left alone by Ash and Brock. Oh wow, I've really enjoyed this series. I liked how TR and Ash and co. used a lot their Pokemon for their last DP fight. I had completely forgot about Sudowoodo. I loved the transition from Ash's eye to Cynthia's and Flint's battle, it really gave a great effect to show how pumped Ash was to start battling again. I loved that the ending theme had clips from throughout the series ~
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Pandemonioum
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Umm in the episode Dawn says Piplup has to be man and not cry. This means Pikachu and Piplup had a little man crush with each other or is Pikachu female?

Whack-a-Pain, Tom&Jerry would be proud!
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
I loved the transition from Ash's eye to Cynthia's and Flint's battle, it really gave a great effect to show how pumped Ash was to start battling again. I loved that the ending theme had clips from throughout the series ~
That and how Ash pictured himself as Flint. I think this really signifies just how much harder Ash is going to try in the Isshu region. It was just one of those moments that gives you the chills. I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonioum View Post
Umm in the episode Dawn says Piplup has to be man and not cry. This means Pikachu and Piplup had a little man crush with each other or is Pikachu female? :P
Pikachu and Piplup are like best buds - both males. Buneary is the one who had a crush on Pikachu. Sadly, that's the connection they missed to show in this episode. ): I would have really loved to see Buneary get emotional knowing Pikachu, her crush, would be leaving.
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Pretty cool episode.

That was one of the most BA twerp vs TR battles in a long time, Meowth actually tried to fight this time. Flint and Cynthia make Ash and Paul look like two amateurs. I'm going to really miss Brock, he's been around for so long. I'm really surprised all the Pokemon didn't say their goodbyes. Well, I guess I'm not that surprised.

There better be some Pallet in the next episode. Tracy needs his annual 3 minutes of screen-time.

Paired to cr4y

Old September 10th, 2010, 12:44 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

what was the story with Giovanni and team rocket?
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:09 AM
weedle_mchairybug

I heard from the grapevine that apparently, Ash mentioned something about a Pokemon Master's requirement being that he win a league. If that is true, then that has got to be the most poorly thought out explaination. If that was truly how one becomes a Pokemon Master, then Ash already became one a LONG TIME AGO (about 11 years prior). The we get to the whole thing about how, apparently, the Battle Frontier Brains are at least as powerful as the Elite 4, if not even moreso, which means he probably became a Master by then.

EDIT: Don't delete this post, BTW, since apparently, the thing Ash said about a Pokemon Master came directly from this episode.

Last edited by weedle_mchairybug; September 10th, 2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
I heard from the grapevine that apparently, Ash mentioned something about a Pokemon Master's requirement being that he win a league. If that is true, then that has got to be the most poorly thought out explaination. If that was truly how one becomes a Pokemon Master, then Ash already became one a LONG TIME AGO (about 11 years prior). The we get to the whole thing about how, apparently, the Battle Frontier Brains are at least as powerful as the Elite 4, if not even moreso, which means he probably became a Master by then.

EDIT: Don't delete this post, BTW, since apparently, the thing Ash said about a Pokemon Master came directly from this episode.
"Pokemon Master" always confused me too. I don't think "Pokemon Master" was ever an official title. When asked what a Pokemon Master actually was, the Pokemon Company replied.

Quote:
I'm very sorry, but the Pokémon Company does not answer questions of this nature. It is the intent of the Pokémon creators that such questions be left to the imaginations and interpretations of Pokémon fans, adding more excitement and mystery to the Pokémon universe.
It's like asking what it takes to be a master at soccer, basketball, speed-eating, etc. It's up to each and every person. So I suppose it depends on what Ash thinks a Pokemon Master is. He use to think it was someone who catches em' all, but now it seems like he thinks it's a trainer that dominates leagues, knows how to use many Pokemon, and simply wins battles.

Paired to cr4y

Last edited by Kirbychu; September 11th, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 07:31 PM
ESPNfanatic35
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Pretty cool episode.

That was one of the most BA twerp vs TR battles in a long time, Meowth actually tried to fight this time. Flint and Cynthia make Ash and Paul look like two amateurs. I'm going to really miss Brock, he's been around for so long. I'm really surprised all the Pokemon didn't say their goodbyes. Well, I guess I'm not that surprised.

There better be some Pallet in the next episode. Tracy needs his annual 3 minutes of screen-time.
I loved this episode, too. It did seem like the battle against Team Rocket was way more epic than usual. I would love to see TR stay funny but become more threatening and BA as well. I would have liked to see a better sendoff with Pikachu and Buneary.

Yes, Tracey does need an appearance and so does Misty! I miss her!
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Fiery Dash

I feel so sad, for Dawn not being part of the main cast...
I still remember the very first episode of DP, that's how I felt in "love" with her....
and I sorta became tired of seeing her but now she's not with the main cast....
I hope she's going to have a guest appearance like how May appeared in DP episode 70+.

As for Brock I don't mind... Since he's been traveling with Ash for so long...
Sorta sad that Misty and Dawn haven't met each other... I thought they were gonna have a Contest or something...
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:24 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Just finished watching this episode. Finally, it's a goodbye to Diamond and Pearl. :'(
This a rather nice episode. The scene where both Pikachu and Piplup were crying was so emotional, but the Rocket Trio ruined it all!
The battle between Team Rocket and Ash, Brock and Dawn also a great one for a change. It did take a while before they were set blasting off again.
Is it just me for does Ash really not miss anyone?
Some one of the saddest moments from the final episode:
Spoiler:

I'm a tear jerker right? XD;

Credits to Pokestation for the images.
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:12 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Na Ash was sad about leaving Dawn, its just she made her choice no point in staying depressed over that. Plus he really didn't want to split from Brock either, you could tell by there last hand shake while splitting ways.

Old September 11th, 2010, 08:28 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlShipper4Life View Post
Na Ash was sad about leaving Dawn, its just she made her choice no point in staying depressed over that. Plus he really didn't want to split from Brock either, you could tell by there last hand shake while splitting ways.
I actually meant Dawn, I forgot about Brock. My bad. XD; Ash was rather expressionless while Brock and he were leaving on the ship. Maybe he was just excited about going back to Pallet Town and meeting his mom, Prof. Oak and others whereas Dawn hung her head, implying that she was sad.
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Ash knows he's going to be getting another girl anyways, so he feels it's nothing to get worked over. Ash didn't seem too concerned about Brock either. It's possible Ash simply expects Brock to turn up in Isshu anyways. It'd be funny if Ash was expecting Brock to pop up in Best Wishes.

Brock's departure was handled well IMO. It wasn't too emotional, yet it still showed that Ash and Brock were like brothers.

Paired to cr4y

Last edited by Kirbychu; September 11th, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old September 12th, 2010, 05:40 PM
weedle_mchairybug

Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
"Pokemon Master" always confused me too. I don't think "Pokemon Master" was ever an official title. When asked what a Pokemon Master actually was, the Pokemon Company replied.

It's like asking what it takes to be a master at soccer, basketball, speed-eating, etc. It's up to each and every person. So I suppose it depends on what Ash thinks a Pokemon Master is. He use to think it was someone who catches em' all, but now it seems like he thinks it's a trainer that dominates leagues, knows how to use many Pokemon, and simply wins battles.

Considering how the cast and crew for Pokemon said something very similar in regards to Pikachu's gender (I know Ikue Kotani mentioned something about the writers deliberately keeping his gender ambiguous in order to attract more viewership) and look what happened, I really have to take Pokemon.Com's explaination with a grain of salt.
Old September 14th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

It's probably just an elaborate way of TPCI saying "we don't actually know what Ash's goal is". They say it because it doesn't look good if they don't know some basic information that people would expect after 10+ years. Same with Pikachu. That, or they're trying to create "mystery" where there is none, he's just supposed to defeat a region champion and are making excuses for why the show hasn't mentioned it.

Last edited by Jorah; September 14th, 2010 at 03:26 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here