Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 29th, 2010 (12:42 AM). Edited October 29th, 2010 by Lord_Storm.
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Nature: Naughty
Im doing an ultimate solo with Charizard, and I'v done one with a Venusaur as shown in the pictures below. I'll post my pics of my Charizard run soon.

Fire Red

Emerald

Diamond

I've lost my picture of my Silver Run though.

I have completed the Kanto part of my charizard solo now, Pictures below:

Old October 30th, 2010 (12:14 PM). Edited October 30th, 2010 by Alpha King.
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
First update, a lot happened
I hacked in Ponyta at the beginning and caught it at level 2 (Only knew Ember, and of course no new moves after that until level 30) But, here's the deets:
Spoiler:

Grinded for an hour about,

Then while training...

And that's where I left off.
Here's Rapidash's stuff:

Level 56
- Ember
- Body Slam
- Fire Spin
- Take Down

Pidgey (Fly slave) Level 13
Abra (Flash slave) Level 12
Bulbasaur (Cut slave) Level 8

Old October 30th, 2010 (01:26 PM).
Got milk?
Unhatched Egg

Hey, I'M new

Decided to do a solo On emerald with a Baltoy.

Will post updates later ;D
Old October 30th, 2010 (02:33 PM). Edited November 1st, 2010 by jdthebud.
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Ok, here's update on my Ultimate Solo Arcanine run, now on SS. Done quite a bit since last time.
  • Got to Violet City, destroyed Sprout Tower.
  • Battled Faulkner. Fireheart was underleveled so it took a couple potions before Pidgeotto finally went down.
  • Got Rock Smash, taught it to Mack.
  • Battled through Union Cave to Azalea Town.
  • Cleaned up Slowpoke Well of Team Rocket, crushed Bugsy with Fireheart.
  • Firheart handled Zane as well.
  • Got Cut in Ilex Forest, taught it to Croc.
  • Reached Goldenrod, battled the underground, got a Radio Card.
  • Battled Whitney. It took a couple Super Potions and a couple resets since Attract kept immobilizing Fireheart. Finally started hitting with Flame Wheel and was able to take Miltank down. I ended up switching him out and fainting my other Pokemon healing Fireheart while Miltank was using Rollout, and Miltank did not use Attract again for some reason.

Saved the game after beating Whitney, am on my way to National Park and Ecruteak City.

Team Cyrus:

Fireheart (Growlithe, M) - L23 @ Shell Bell
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Bite, Flame Wheel, Ember, Headbutt

Mack (Geodude, M) - L4
Nature: Bold
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl

Croc (Totodile, M) - L6
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Cut

Winger (Hoothoot, M) - L5 (boxed)
Nature: Docile
Ability: Insomnia
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hypnosis

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old October 30th, 2010 (09:37 PM). Edited October 31st, 2010 by Lord_Storm.
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

I have half completed my Silver part of the Ultimate Solo and will start the Kanto half in a while.
Spoiler:

I started at Lake of Rage after defeating the Gyarados and headed to Team Rockets Hideout and defeated everyone easily.

I then challenged the gym and found it incredibly easy because it's ice type and Charizard OHKOd almost every thing.

I headed to Goldenrod to take on Team Rocket after getting a call from Professor Elm and the weaklings were so easy to defeat.

I headed to Blackthorn and took on the gym, and with Wing Attack, my wins were kind of easy.

I then headed to the Pokemon League and near the end, I challenged my rival and like always, I came out ontop.

I then entered the Pokemon League, challenging the league hoping for the best.

After crushing the Elite Four and the Champion I was finally admitted into the Pokemon League as the new Champion.

But...It isn't over yet.

UPDATE:
Spoiler:

I went to Kanto and took on the gym leaders in the order of:
Surge, Sabrina, Erika, Misty, Janine, Brock, Blaine, Blue.

I then headed up Mt. Silver to challenge Red and defeated him with OHKO's on each except for Espeon and Snorlax.

I will start on the Hoenn part now.
Old October 31st, 2010 (02:06 PM).
Cholo
Moveset Breeder

I started solo running a couple of days ago with a growlithe I named Scrap on Soul Silver
I traded him in as an egg and, unfortunately, the person who traded him to me used a parent with HM Strength, but I'm dealin with it. Been using Togepi as an HM slave.
At this point I've gotten to Goldenrod and lost to Whitney's Miltank once. Gonna challenge her again at some point today.
Scrap's lv 23, ithink
Old November 1st, 2010 (09:52 PM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Charizard (Blast) Ultimate Solo (Hoenn) Update.

I am on my way to Fortree, just got Berries from the Berry Master and will head through tall grass soon.
Spoiler:

Started with Charmander, saved Birch and named him Blast. I headed out to battle May and wound up victorious.

I headed back to Birch, got a Pokedex, Pokeballs and headed towards Petalburg. I helped Wally catch a Ralts and headed to Rustboro to fight Roxanne, the gym leader.

It was an average battle, with me having the disadvantage, but I took advantage of my level and Special moves, Ember, and won. I then defeated Team Aqua (again) and found May for another battle.

Her team was still much too weak for Blast and I continue on to Dewford Town. I took a ride with Mr. Briney and then headed into Granite Cave to deliver a letter to Steven. After that I challenged the gym.

His Machop and Meditite went down with ease, but even with the level advantage, Makuhita's Bulk Up and Vital Throw combo proved tough...but not too tough. I went to Slateport, delivered the Devon Goods, defeated Team Aqua (again!) and headed up north. I challenged May when I saw her and defeated her rapidly.

I headed towards Mauville, took down Wally and challenged the gym.It wasn't long before only the gym leader stood before me, but Blast showed his strength with his new fire attack, Flamethrower, and even with paralysis, he went down.

I then headed to see Wally, get Strength and left for Lavaridge. I took many detours, through unknown towns and against ravaging fiery foes and defeated their leader.

After the battle, I finally arrived in Lavaridge. I challenged the gym and finally I found Flannery.

She went down quickly from my Charizard and his insane Wing Attacks and on my way out, I saw May again, but she didn't want to fight. I then left to go back to Petalburg for a gym battle with my Dad, and after OHKOing all of his pokemon and 2HKOing his Slaking, I was awarded a gym badge.

I then headed back to Mauville and headed west towards Fortree City and met Steven again and headed to meet the Berry Master. I grew tired after all of the battling and adventuring and decided to rest by saving the game and setting up a bed for the night.

Blast:
Old November 2nd, 2010 (03:49 PM).
Cholo
Moveset Breeder

So Beat Whitney..
Went off to Ecruteak
Caught a Meowth To Pal Around with
Went through Burned Tower
Destroyed the Rocket who was harassing the Kimono Girl
Took on Morty and Lost :/
Morty's Gengar and Haunter are Killing Me

At the gym with..

Scrap Lv. 29
Bite
Fire Fang
Strength
Iron Tail
Old November 3rd, 2010 (01:42 AM).
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Cholo:
Took on Morty and Lost :/
Morty's Gengar and Haunter are Killing Me
Heheh, I know the feeling. Fireheart was at L30 when I faced Morty, and I got lucky the second time when Gengar used Mean Look, Fireheart used Bite, then Gengar missed with Hypnosis and Fireheart got the second Bite for the KO. No Shadow Ball = win. You'll eventually get through it, but Chuck is just as difficult with DT/Focus Punch/Rock Slide Primeape and Poliwrath with Hypnosis/Surf/Focus Punch. Good luck!

And now, on to my own Ultimate Solo run with Growlithe/Arcanine named Fireheart, currently on SoulSilver. Lots of stuff happened since last time. I'm currently waiting till this afternoon (Wed) for Schoolboy Alan to call me so I can get a Fire Stone to evolve Fireheart into Arcanine.
  • On the way to Ecruteak, picked up the free Spearow named Kenya because I forgot I had already caught a Hoothoot named Winger lol.
  • So I got to Ecruteak City, fought Zane in the Burned Tower, released the beasts.
  • Got surf from the weird old guy after "saving" the Kimono Girl in the Dance Theatre.
  • Challenged the Ecruteak Gym, lost once to Morty, then was able to beat Morty due to Gengar not using Shadow Ball (Gengar at L25 outspeeds Fireheart at L30).
  • Went east and got Strength from the Hiker, taught it to Mack.
  • Went down to Olivine, fought my way up the Lighthouse and talked to Jasmine.
  • Surfed to Cianwood, picked up the SecretPotion and challenged the Cianwood Gym to get Fly.
  • Chuck was a nightmare. I lost a couple times before I was able to put down Primape with taking damage by hitting through DT, then went ahead and used Mack as a revive sacrifice after Poliwrath killed Fireheart and Croc as a heal sacrifice, then threw Fireheart back out there and prayed Poliwrath wouldn't use Surf. He didn't, and Intimidite helped bring down Focus Punch's power when I used a full heal after Hypnosis hit once. Fireheart was able to get a flinch off of Headbutt before the final Headbutt killed Poliwrath, and it was finally over. Just a total nightmare.
  • Got fly, taught it to Kenya, and went back to Olivine.
  • Gave the SecretPotion to Ampharos, then destroyed Jasmine with Flamethrower.
  • Went to Mahogany Town from Ecruteak after a quick exploration of Mt. Mortar and also encountering Suicine.
  • At Mahogany Town, went north to the Lake of Rage, killed Gyarados, talked to Lance.
  • Back in Mahogany Town, found the Hideout and cleared it out very easily, as Fireheart was about 10-20 levels above pretty much everyone.
  • Challenged the Gym, destroyed Pryce with Flamethrower.
  • After a call from Prof. Elm, went back to Goldenrod to stop TR once and for all.
  • After a long grindfest and one Zane beatdown later, Team Rocket was disbanded again. Seriously though, why not evolve that Koffing, Archer?

Isn't TR supposed to be loaded? I've gotten more money from random trainers lol.

Now that Fireheart has learned all the moves I want him to learn as Growlithe, it's time to evolve him to Arcanine and find a Heart Scale to teach it ExtremeSpeed. I do need a Fire Stone too, as I mentioned above. I am saved just outside Mahogany Town, but I'm not going to go any further until I get that Fire Stone.

Team Cyrus:

Fireheart (Growlithe, M) - L50 @ Shell Bell
Moves: Crunch, Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Headbutt

Mack (Geodude, M) - L16
Moves: Dig, Headbutt, Rock Smash, Strength

Croc (Totodile, M) - L7
Moves: Scratch, Whirlpool, Surf, Cut

Kenya (Spearow, F) - L20 @ Grass Mail
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Fly, Fury Attack, Pursuit, Aerial Ace

Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Old November 3rd, 2010 (02:43 PM).
Cholo
Moveset Breeder

Quote originally posted by jdthebud:
but Chuck is just as difficult with DT/Focus Punch/Rock Slide Primeape and Poliwrath with Hypnosis/Surf/Focus Punch. Good luck!

I'm currently waiting till this afternoon (Wed) for Schoolboy Alan to call me so I can get a Fire Stone to evolve Fireheart into Arcanine.
Yeh I'm definitely not looking forward to Chuck, I've been dreading him since I started the solo run. Oh and I'm waitin on that firestone too haha..

Kay soo
After losing to Morty a second time I took a different approach.
  • Went off on My way to Olivine grabbing trainer XP on the way
  • Restored a Miltank to Full Health haha..
  • Trained at the Lighthouse Tower
  • Got Back from the Tower with Scrap at Lv 33!
  • Rode ma Bicycle back to uh... Morty's haha..
  • Lost... (How does Gengar still attack first!!)
  • Then Won!! (Gengar= Mean Look + Failed Hypnosis)
  • Grabbed Marla and headed down to Azelea Town
  • Picked up some of Kurt's balls
  • Caught a Slowpoke, named it Tim, and taught it Surf
  • Took Union Cave back to Violet City
  • Ran into Entei surfing near Violet.. I just wanted apricorns...
  • Made my way back to Olivine where I stocked up on Super Potions and Super Repels (I hate Tenta-anythingss..)
Currently on my way to the much dreaded Cianwood Gym with..

Scrap Lv 34
Bite
Flamethrower
Strength
Iron Tail

Tim w/ Surf

Marla w/ Cut

Wish me Luck!

Soul Silver
2794 3731 4736
Trade Thread
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220031
^old might start it back up at somepoint..^

^Old as Hell; Back when i used to dream about making my own rom, but the compatablilty limitations of my mac prevented it..^
Old November 4th, 2010 (12:05 PM).
Ataraxia
Wanderer

I'm going to put my Ultimate Scizor Solo on hold for the time being, RL is being highly irritating and not letting me do shtuff.

"In fealty of the mods, our undying lords, and by the grace of the forum rules. I declare exterminatus upon *thread name*. I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire thread, and consign all its posts to oblivion. May the forum rules account in all balance. The admin protects."

Old November 4th, 2010 (05:25 PM). Edited November 5th, 2010 by Lord_Storm.
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Charizard Ultimate Solo - Hoenn

Update 2
Spoiler:

-I headed up through Route 119 (damn rain) and got to the weather institute and faced Team Aqua and on of their admins.

-After that, I headed to Fortree City only to meet May and to show her my terrible camera skills.

-I went to meet Steven to get the Devon Scope and then went to bash Winona.

-I went down to Lilycove and met up with May again for our final battle (wheres the Swampert?!?!).

-I then went to Mt.Pyre, trained in the mountain and got some cash from selling the trash there and then went to Mt.Chimney and fought my way through.

-I then headed to Slateport and then to Lilycove to stop Archie, but was too late because of my ice cream at Slateport (:

-I then headed to Mossdeep to take on the gym leaders and to defeat Maxie in a double battle with Steven (what is it with double battles and Mossdeep).

-I then headed to the underground ruins or whatever and defeated Team Aqua and Archie

-I then headed to Sootopolis to find out that I had to save the world from crazy ravaging beasts, so I saved the world and then got in some grinding in the gym and then defeated Juan.

Blast:

Update 3:
Spoiler:

-I continued on and headed to Ever Grande City, went into Victory Road and saw Wally who challenged me to a battle.

-I continued through Victory Road until I emerged at the League and challenged them
Sidney

Phoebe

Glacia

Drake

And finally, Wallace

This was simple!

I then did some grinding in trainer rematches and then left for Meteor Falls to challenge the true champion, Steven

Blast:

So all I have left is the Sinnoh part of my ultimate solo, which will come in a while after I complete my 12type challenge.
Old November 5th, 2010 (05:24 AM). Edited November 5th, 2010 by jdthebud.
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Cholo:
  • Rode ma Bicycle back to uh... Morty's haha..
  • Lost... (How does Gengar still attack first!!)
  • Then Won!! (Gengar= Mean Look + Failed Hypnosis)
It's a waiting game lol.

Okay, time for an update! It took a while but I got a Fire Stone from Alan and used it right away! Arcanine FTW! Probably my favorite Pokemon, with Staraptor a close second lol.

Right now I'm about to challenge the Elite 4. Here are the deets. It's so hard to take screenshots in HG/SS because there's no pause after a battle...

Spoiler:
  • I went through Ice Path after evolving Fireheart into Arcanine.
  • Flew to Cianwood and went north to the rocks up there, started smashing them.
  • After a while, I finally got a Heart Scale and used it in
  • Challenged the gym and was able to win, although I had to revive Fireheart once. Kingdra missed once with Hydro Pump so I was able to take it down with 70 HP left. Then one Dragonair used Aqua Tail, which didn't kill Fireheart, I then used a Hyper Potion, but the final Dragonair didn't have Aqua Tail apparently, so it was unneeded.

Well, I did use items...

• Did the Dragon's Den quest and picked up a Dragon Fang.
  • Went back home and talked to Elm, who said that the Kimino Girls were waiting for me.
  • Flew to Ecruteak, destroyed the Kimono Girls, then got a message that Lugia was active (what a coincidence!).
  • Bought 164 Max Repels (seriously!) with the rest of my money, then went exploring the Whirl Islands.

Found Lugia!!! and killed it of course.

• Went back to New Bark Town and surfed east, eventually making my way to Victory Road.
  • At the exit, fought Zane again, who didn't stand a chance.

For some reason, I think you're wrong...

• Exited Victory Road and arrived at Indigo Plateau
  • Then I realized that I forgot to get Dragon Pulse from Clair, so I went back to Blackthorn to get it. I think I'm gonnna need that against Lance, although I'm not sure what to forget...hmmm...
  • I am about to challenge the Elite 4 with just Fireheart, no revive sacrafices.

Take note of my incredible camera skills...:D

Team Cyrus:

Fireheart (Arcanine, M) - L59 @ Shell Bell
Moves: Crunch, Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, ExtremeSpeed

Mack, Croc, and Kenya are boxed for the Elite Four.
I also taught Flash to Togepi (L1, boxed) for the Whirl Islands.

Eidt: Elite Four Update!

So I got through the Elite Four pretty easily, but the Champion Lance was no picnic, just like FireRed.
Read the spoiler for pictures and details.
Spoiler:

Fireheart Crunched Will to death, with a couple Flamethrowers for Jynx and Exeggutor.

Koga was OHKOed. Flare Blitz damaged Fireheart a bit.

Bruno went down easily enough. The damage you see here is most from Flare Blitz and Hitmonchan's Thunderpunch.

Karen was easy too. Houndoom was taken care of by two ExtremeSpeeds, and the rest went down to Flamethrower or Flare Blitz.

All by his lonesome, Fireheart braves the dragons...

Lance was horrible. The Intimidite by Gyarados is really damaging to Fireheart, as I decided not to teach Fireheart Dragon Pulse, so my two attacking moves, Crunch and ExtremeSpeed, were both attack based. I used Flare Blitz on Aerodactyl, as Crunch and ExtremeSpeed were both 3HKO while Flare Blitz was a 2HKO, but I couldn't use Flare Blitz on anyone else as the recoil damage was too much for Fireheart to survive. The Shell Bell really helped Fireheart survive some of those Outrages/Dragon Rushes, and I had to use healing items at least every third turn to fight another day. Was able to survive the Paralysis against Charizard, his final Pokemon, with ExtremeSpeed. Eventually I was able to make it through after 4 or 5 resets, and I was crowned Champion!

Confetti FTW!

Right now I'm on the S.S. Aqua going to Vermilion and the second half of the game. Only a couple updates away from the Hoenn region!

Team Cyrus:

Fireheart (Arcanine, M) - L62 @ Shell Bell

Mack (Geodude, M) - L16
Moves: Dig, Headbutt, Rock Smash, Strength

Croc (Totodile, M) - L9
Moves: Waterfall, Whirlpool, Surf, Cut

Kenya (Spearow, F) - L20 @ Grass Mail

Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Old November 6th, 2010 (01:14 PM).
Zeko
^ is awesome!

Nature: Jolly
Alright, I'll do this challenge on Soul Silver.

BTW my old account is joeyijoeyi, and I'm already signed up on RBY for Nidoking, just remove me from that, OK?

I'll do it with Slowpoke/Slowbro.

I'll start later because I hate making eggs xD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 6th, 2010 (03:11 PM). Edited November 6th, 2010 by jdthebud.
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Well I ended up powering through Kanto in one shot. Lots of pictures in the spoilers! I will start the Hoenn region in a bit. I have some RL issues to deal with as well as other ongoing challenges, so it might be a little while.

Spoiler:

I ended up cutting out the bottom screen of most of the screenshots in an effort to save room.
In order of defeat:

Nothing special here. Just overpowered him.

Crunch FTW. OHKOed everything in the gym.

Well, Fireheart is a fire Pokemon...

Not much happened here either. Janine is the weakest Gym Leader by far. Most of the damage is from Flare Blitz (as is the damage against Erica).

After fixing the Power Plant and battling through Rt 24, Crunch and ExtremeSpeed were enough to take care of business.

• A quick insert here. After getting the Expansion Radio Card, I woke up Snorlax, then caught with my Master Ball on account of being lazy. I then switched out Fireheart's Shell Bell for the more reliable Leftovers that Snorlax was holding - this is the only sure-fire place to get Leftovers on HGSS, as the restaurant in Celadon doesn't have one anymore.

I actually lost once due to a stupid use of Flare Blitz with 20 HP left, but it was all good. Brock's Pokemon resist three of Fireheart's moves, and Crunch is physical, so their high Defense came into play. Flamethrower was able to do some damage against the normal rock-types due to their low Special Defense, but Omastar and Kabutops were pains in the butt.

On the way through Mt. Moon, fought Zane for the last set location battle against him (the rest are based on days of the week). Fireheart got paralyzed as you can see but his team has a large weakness to fire, especially without a water Pokemon.

Easy enough with only three Pokemon. Rapidash's Bounce paralyzed Fireheart, but it didn't matter much.

Had to use a couple healing items, but made it through. One stupid move that Blue made was having his Arcanine use Roar, which got rid of Fireheart's double Intimidated status. After Croc fainted, Arcanine came back out and ExtremSpeeded for the KO. Pidgeot (Why is this his strongest Pokemon?) was one shotted by Flare Blitz.

After defeating Blue, I went back up to Indigo Plateau to challenge the Elite Four again, their Pokemon teams stronger than ever. I started the run at L84, and once again, my only trouble was with Lance. I forgot to deposit my HM slaves this time around, and while I never had to use a revive sacrifice, they helped out in an unexpected (and stupid) way in the battle against Lance.

This...took a while. I taught Fireheart Dragon Pulse, forgetting Flamethrower in order to make it much easier to deal with the dragons. I had to reset a few times so I could figure out the right move order and when to use items. I was in no danger of running out, having started the E4 run with 100 Full Restores :D. Well, Lance has Slamance kead, who has Intimidite, then Gyrados was next, who also has Intimidate, so my Attack was really lacking after that. For some reason, Lance's L75 Dragonite has Draco Meteor instead of Outrage, which doesn't complement Dragonite's high Attack/average Special Attack stats very well, as well as Draco Meteor's stat-lowering effect. Anyway, after beating Dragonite pretty easily with Dragon Pulse, I was in danger of running out of PP for it, when Garchomp comes along and tries to use Roar, fails, and then Fireheart 2HKOed him with his last 2 Dragon Pulses. If Fireheart had been alone, Garchomp might have KOed Fireheart with Earthquake, although using Roar on a Pokemon that has been Intimidated twice and has Intimidate as an ability is a stupid idea. I was able to take down Altaria (downgrade, lol - Kingdra would have been much better, and also would have been a nightmare for Fireheart to deal with, especially with no Dragon Pulses left) and Charizard with repeated Crunches, even if they didn't do much with Fireheart's lowered Attack. Crunch was able to lower Defense a couple times, which helped a lot.

Hall of Fame for the second time (first for HM slaves). Got Fireheart's little bio there too.

After teaching Rock Climb to Mack and finding the Flamthrower TM outside Mt. Silver and replacing Dragon Pulse with it, it was time to climb the mountain! I did find Moltres and killed it. Then I found Red admiring the view as the King of the Hill .

Finally beat him! It took like 45 minutes to beat him. Pikachu was OHKOed with Flare Blast. Blastoise for some reason never used his Hydro Cannon, instead using Focus Blast. I was able to take it down with Crunches. Lapras went down to a couple Flamethrowers + Burn damage. Venusaur was OHKOed by Flare Blast. I finally got wise to when Snorlax would use Giga Impact (to use a Full Restore), and Snorlax's Crunch stopped lowering Fireheart's Defense as well, so I was finally able to take him down, then Charizard was easy in comparison. 2 Crunches + a Flare Blast was enough to finally beat Red and complete the Johto region, if not in a dignified manner (lol, Full Restores galore).

• Just realized I never killed Suicine...oh well.

Team Cyrus (Final):

Fireheart (Arcanine, M) - L88 @ Leftovers

His final stats:

Mack (Geodude, M) - L16
Moves: Dig, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Strength

Croc (Totodile, M) - L24
Moves: Waterfall, Whirlpool, Surf, Cut

Kenya (Spearow, F) - L24 @ Grass Mail

And my Trainer Card:

Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Old November 7th, 2010 (09:33 PM). Edited November 14th, 2010 by boomerjp.
boomerjp
Beginning Trainer

I am going to start an Ultimate Solo Challenge using Dragonite. LeafGreen, Crystal, Sapphire, and Platinum.

Update for my solo challenge.

Started the game and name myself I, rival name of ASH. Picked Squirtle as starter for HM slave and beat down ASH's Bulbasaur. Got Oak's Parcel and a PokeDex. Hacked in an egg Dratini and hatched it in Viridian City. Traversed Viridian Forest armed with Wrap and Leer, learned Thunder Wave at level 8, and got to Pewter City around level 10. 5 level grind later (Ran out of money buying potions to heal for using Struggle lol) Isaac learned Twister, and beat Brock handily.

Off to Mt. Moon now

LeafGreen /SoulSilver / Emerald (Ongoing) / Platinum
Ultimate Solo Challenge →
LeafGreen/ HeartGold (Ongoing) / Sapphire / Platinum

Yellow / Crystal / Ruby (Ongoing) / Platinum

Completed Challenges:
Old November 8th, 2010 (04:58 AM).
tory558

can i join w/ absol in pokemon platinum thank you very much

Current Solo Runs:
Black 2: Riolu/Lucario (8/8...just need to beat Elite 4)
Old November 8th, 2010 (10:45 PM). Edited November 14th, 2010 by boomerjp.
boomerjp
Beginning Trainer

Update for my solo run with Isaac (Dragonite) on LeafGreen. I forget screenshots a lot so I only have a few.

Spoiler:
I had a pretty long update, but it was lost due to a weird login issue so I will make this shorter.

Mt. Moon - 8th Badge
Spoiler:
Went through Mt. Moon, beat rival ASH, grabbed Secret Power TM and learned Dragon Rage after Nugget Bridge. Got S.S. Ticket from Bill, beat Misty and taught Isaac Water Pulse (TM from Misty), forgetting Twister. I have full type coverage now with Secret Power and Water Pulse.

Ran through the Underground Path to Vermilion and boarded S.S. Anne. Isaac evolved into Dragonair just before my next rival battle.

Rubbed the Captain's back for Cut, and returned to Vermilion City. Ran out to the east and caught a Drowzee and Spearow, and traded for Farfetch'd. Taught it Cut and entered the Viridian Gym.

As Isaac resists electric, it was pretty easy. Claimed Thunder Badge and a useless Shock Wave TM. Talked to the Fan Club President and got a Bike Voucher. Ran through Diglett's Cave (caught one along the way) and walked around in the grass to catch a Pidgey and Ratatta to get 10 pokemon for Flash. Taught it to Drowzee.

Returned to Cerulean City and went to Rock Tunnel to get to Lavender Town. Once I arrived there, I went through the Underground Path to get to Celadon City. Got Tea from an old lady and stocked up on Fresh Waters and Lemonades. Went to Saffron, beat the Fighting Dojo and got a Hitmonlee for my PC box.

Went and got HM02 Fly, taught it to Ch'Ding, then took care of Rocket Hideout in Celadon, beat Erica, scaled Pokemon Tower and got the Poke Flute. I knocked out one Snorlax and managed to catch the second on the first try (Thunder Wave/2 Secret Powers). Snorlax is a great HM slave.

Fought ALL the trainers around Fuschia City including Cycling Road and East of Fuschia to Silent Bridge. Got a Super Rod too (I dunno why). During this training:

Went to the Safari Zone and got Surf and the Gold Teeth for strength. Taught them both to Snorlax, and taught Isaac Fly, replacing Dragon Rage. I also got TM27 Return from a lady in the lookout tower near Lavender, which I taught to Isaac, replacing Thunder Wave. I didn't see the need for it since Isaac is severely overleveled and has 150+ speed now.

Beat Koga in Fuschia City to claim the Marsh Badge, and flew to Saffron to take out Team Rocket once and for all. Fought every trainer, mostly OHKOs, and found my rival waiting for me again. Thrashed him and Giovanni (Water Pulse owns him) to claim a Master Ball and the ability to fight Sabrina.

I'm sure you can figure out what happened to her. One shot her entire Team with Return. The damage is only because I didn't heal from previous battles.

Flew to Pallet Town and surfed on Snorlax to Cinnabar, got the Secret Key from the Pokemon Mansion and destroyed Cinnabar Gym with Water Pulse. Apparently, there are exactly 20 pokemon in this gym, as I started with 20PP and OHKO'd every pokemon except Blaine's L47 Arcanine, who survived with a sliver of health. Full Restore and 2 Flys later, I claimed my Volcano Badge and a Fire Blast TM.

Bill was waiting for me outside to take me to the Sevii Islands, but I don't really care about that, so I blew him off and headed to Viridian City to get my last Badge. Ground Type gym loses to Water Pulse as well.

Team I:
Spoiler:

Isaac (Dragonite) - L68 @ Cheri Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
Return
Secret Power
Fly
Water Pulse

Snorlax (HM Slave) - L30 @ Chesto Berry
Moves:
Strength
Surf
Rest
Snore

Ch'Ding (Farfetch'd) (HM Slave) - L 16 @ Stick
Moves:
Fly
Cut
Peck
Sand-Attack

That's all for now. Victory Road and the Elite Four are next!

EDIT: Finished! Final update in the next spoiler tab.

Final Update - Victory Road and Elite Four

Spoiler:

Started off in Viridian City and headed west towards the Pokemon League Gate. ASH stopped me on the way for a final test. He didn't pass as Isaac swept his team with Return/Water Pulse.

Victory Road was next, and I gained a couple levels there. Just before challenging the Elite Four, I taught Isaac Dragon Claw (TM02 found in Victory Road) and Earthquake (TM26 from defeating Giovanni for the third time), replacing Secret Power and Water Pulse.

Lorelei was first up, and probably the scariest, as Isaac is 4x weak to Ice. Dewgong got off an Aurora Beam, but Isaac survived it. The rest were OHkOs to Return and Fly.

Forgot the screenshot for Bruno, but Isaac used Earthquake for the Onix, and Fly for Hitmonchan/Lee and Machamp.

Agatha was also rather easy, as Gengar x2, Arbok, and Haunter are weak to Earthquake, and Golbat is weak in general. (I used Return for it)

Lance was up next, and armed with Dragon Claw, I swept his team rather easily. Gyrados took 2 Returns, Aerodactyl took 2 Dragon Claws, and Dragonite/Dragonair were OHkO to Dragon Claw. Oh yeah, I used the 6 Rare Candy in my bag before Lance as well.

After I defeated Lance, he told me that ASH already beat them and became the champion! So I had to beat him to claim my rightful place on the top. This battle was a bit one sided, just like all the rest of the Elite Four. Pigeot went down to 2x Return, Alakazam took a single Return, Rydon took a single Earthquake, so did Arcanine. Gyrados took 2x Fly, and Venusaur took a super effective Fly to finish him off!

And last but not least, Hall of Fame picture:

Final Team I:

Isaac (Dragonite) - L81 @ Cheri Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
Earthquake
Fly
Dragon Claw
Return

Snorlax (HM Slave) - L30 @ Chesto Berry
Moves:
Strength
Surf
Rest
Snore

Ch'Ding (Farfetch'd) (HM Slave) - L 16 @ Stick
Moves:
Fly
Cut
Peck
Sand-Attack

Next up is Johto. I'll be running it on HeartGold.

LeafGreen /SoulSilver / Emerald (Ongoing) / Platinum
Ultimate Solo Challenge →
LeafGreen/ HeartGold (Ongoing) / Sapphire / Platinum

Yellow / Crystal / Ruby (Ongoing) / Platinum

Completed Challenges:
Old November 11th, 2010 (12:10 PM). Edited November 13th, 2010 by Rainbow-Sasuke.
Rainbow-Sasuke
300 Posts be the 15th?

Can I start a Soul Silver Solo Run? I'm going to use Mew, and if I can't use Mew, then I'll take Tyranitar.

Day 1 of Mew Solo Run:
Spoiler:
Started the game.
Made myself a girl.
Called myself Stacey.
Went through all of the boring beginning stuff.
Chose Cyndaquil(You'll see why this was so good in a minute).
Didn't nickname him.
Used the Modifier code to get Mew.
Caught it.
Named it Kilik(Soul Calibur reference FTW!).
Got the Running Shoes and Map Card from the old man in Cherrygrove.
Went through to Mr. Pokémon's house, pwning everything with Pound.
Got the Mystery Egg.
Went back to Cherrygrove and battled the red-head idiot.
Went back to Prof. Elm's lab.
Named my rival Silver. Went through and battled all of the trainers on the first route of trainer battles.
Got to Violet City.
Went to Sprout Tower.
While there, Kilik learnt Mega Punch.
Went the gym.
Beat the gym trainers.
Obtained the Zephyr Badge!
Got the Egg.
Spoke to the Kimono Girl.
Went and battled every trainers in the route below Violet.
Battled every trainer in Union Cave.
While in Union Cave, to make it out alive, I was forced to use the All TM code and taught Kilik Energy Ball.
Got to Azalea Town.
Spoke with Kurt.
Went to Slowpoke Well.
Pwned all of the trainers there.
While in there, Kilik learnt Metrenome.
Went to the Azalea Gym.
Defeated all of the trainers.
Obtained the Hive Badge!
Saved and turned off.

Team so far:

Kilik
Level 25
Pound
Mega Punch
Metrenome
Energy Ball

Day 2 of Mew Solo Run:
Spoiler:
From where I saved last, I headed out of the gym.
Went West and destroyed Silver(Energy Ball and Mega Punch FTW).
Went to the Ilex Forest and found the two Farfetch'd.
Went and battled all of the trainers on the Route above Ilex Forest.
Gave Kilik a Lucky Egg that my friend traded to me.
Got to Goldenrod.
Went to the Radio Tower and got the Radio Card.
Went to the gym and beat all of the trainers.
Obtained the Plain Badge!
Exited the gym and went to the route above Goldenrod.
Beat one trainer up there.
Went and got the bike.
Beat the rest of the trainers.
Went to the National Park and, well, you can guess what I did there.
Went East of the National Park and, I don't even need to explain it anymore.
K.Oed Sudowoodo.
Went and got the Apricorns on the route above.
Beat the trainers.
Got to Ecruteak City.
Went to the Burned Tower.
Beat Silver again.
While there, Kilik learnt Psychic.
Went and saw the legendary dogs.
Went to the gym.
Beat all of the trainers.
Obtained the badge from Morty(forgot the name)!
Saved and turned my DS off.

Team so far:

Kilik@ Lucky Egg
Level 39
Pound
Energy Ball
Mega Punch
Psychic

Currently Playing: Soul Silver, Blue, Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure(<3)

Currently Reading: Goosebumps: Say Cheese and Die! Join!
Old November 13th, 2010 (01:07 PM).
Gundisalvus Kuno
Solving Problems Since 1999

I'm going to do this on Silver using a Espeon. I am going to hack in an Eevee at the beginning
Old November 13th, 2010 (01:14 PM). Edited November 13th, 2010 by Rainbow-Sasuke.
Rainbow-Sasuke
300 Posts be the 15th?

^ If you want, I'll breed you an egg!

Edit:
Sorry, I thought you said SoulSilver, not Silver.

Old November 13th, 2010 (01:52 PM).
Gundisalvus Kuno

Quote originally posted by Rainbow-Sasuke:
^ If you want, I'll breed you an egg!

Edit:
Sorry, I thought you said SoulSilver, not Silver.
It's alright. Thanks though.

Anyway, I did all of the beginning stuff and hacked in the eevee.

Current Team:
Lv. 10
Tackle
Tail Whip
Sand Attack
---

HM Slaves:
Lv. 7
Lv. 3
Old November 13th, 2010 (02:52 PM).
HGLover
Beginning Trainer

I'll try this out with a heatran in pokemon heartgold.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 13th, 2010 (07:58 PM).
Gundisalvus Kuno

Alright. So, I continued to train my eevee until I thought it would be ready to take on Falkner. After a quick trip to the Sprout Tower, Falkner was defeated relatively easily. I essentially spammed Sand-Attack and Tackle the entire time until his pokemon went down. I then continued until I got to Azalea (Union Cave was a real pain) and I am about to challenge the Rockets before taking on Bugsy.

Sorry this update wasn't too long, I've had a lot of work that needed to be done.

Current Team:
Lv. 18
Tackle
Tail Whip
Sand Attack
Growl

HM Slaves:
Lv. 7
Lv. 3 (Flash)
Old November 14th, 2010 (05:01 AM).
Rainbow-Sasuke
300 Posts be the 15th?

I'd like to cancel my Mew solo. I have no motavation. Sorry!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links