Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 14th, 2010 (12:58 PM).

I would like to try an ultimate with a Aggron. I will probably go: FireRed/HeartGold/Ruby/Pearl
I will try to update every 2 or 3 gyms. I will be playing on an emulator.

Challenges Complete:
Old November 14th, 2010 (04:26 PM).
Solving Problems Since 1999

Lv. 33
Bite
Quick Attack
Sand Attack
Tackle

HM Slaves:
(Surf, Cut)
(Flash)
(Strength, Rock Smash)
Old November 15th, 2010 (02:08 PM).
Solo Runner

Nature: Quirky
ATUHOR'S NOSE:
Wow. Talk about forever, I haven't updated this in, what, five, six months? I guess I kind of died. (Plus marching band is a killer.) But I'm back, and I've got my final Johto log to share. Rejoice! Also, digital cookies to whoever can correctly place the allusion here. (PSST. There are two of them. One really obvious one and one hidden in the actual log.)
Day 29

Yeah, it's been a while, I know, but the past week or so has been really busy. Between Gym battles, Wingman, and other things, I haven't gotten much time at all. Let me tell you, that boy does not give up. A broken arm and a weak shoulder, yet the guy insists on pressing on. And Kanto was the place he demanded to go.

First, let me explain a little. I've been writing this - yes, writing - for a while now, but I haven't quite described how. This is a secret little journal that I have and have had for a while. I secretly keep it in Wingman's backpack - it was his notebook, anyways - and write in it whenever I get the chance. I use it to keep a record of my new life so I can look back on it later on. Part of me hopes Wingman finds it one day; I don't expect him to read it, seeing as he can't understand me talk, so how could he understand these words. I just want him to know about it. But I don't want to tell him. He should find it on his own.

But back to the main focus. In the week or so since my last entry, Wingman has recovered well, though he still has the cast and sling. Caroline is still with us, and I can tell she has feelings for Wingman; now if only he could sense them. I've been trying to drop him hints, but he's just too thick skulled. And that's something, coming from me.

Maybe it's that he's too focused on training now. We've been all over Kanto recently, mostly flying on Caroline's Pidgeot. Strangely enough, I haven't ever met that guy. Or girl. I haven't got a clue. But whatever.

The whole thing we were there to do was clear our minds of the stuff that happened in Johto. We tried everything to wipe the events off our thoughts, but Wingman's injuries were like a permanent reminder. Gym Leader rematches, campouts by the beach, shopping sprees. (That one was Caroline's suggestion, why Wingman and I agreed, I'll never know. I guess we were willing to try anything.) Nothing quite got us out of the slump, but for a while, it felt like normal.

After a while, when there seemed to be nothing left, Wingman decided to head home to Viridian City. We were just gonna visit his mom and check out how everything was going and crash there for a while. We ended up learning about a place called Mt. Silver while we were there. A couple of trainers were talking about it and about how only the toughest trainers could go there. Of course, Wingman was his normal self, wanting to go there right away. And when he gets like that, it's best to just smile and nod. There's no changing his mind by that time.

The whole trip felt like something out of a horror movie. No trainers, no people, and almost no wild Pokémon. I was kind of creeped out. I could tell that Caroline was, too, but Wingman was somehow not phased at all. At one point, Caroline whispered to me "How can he be so confident? Does he just ignore everything?" I shrugged and said "Maybe he's just stupid." Caroline couldn't understand that of course, but the shrug and tone sent the right vibe. She shrugged as well and sighed. "Whatever it is, I envy him. This place is creepy."

That's about how the rest of the walk felt, even when we got to the mountain. I remember looking up at it and being unable to see the peak, as it was shrouded with clouds. Vegetation refused to grow there, and it seemed that even the sun sheltered itself from here. The thick fog surrounding the peak stared at us ominously, as if hiding an immense darkness from the world. As I stared back, I started to lose myself into the mysterious abyss. 'And this also,' I thought, 'is one of the dark places on the earth.'

"Hey! Hurry up, Titan!"

I snapped out of whatever trance the fog had put me in and noticed Wingman and Caroline starting upward. Making haste, I caught up and we carried on.

I cannot recall all of what happened in the fog, only that we stumbled around like Combuskens without heads, trying to make sense of the darkness surrounding us. The sun didn't stand a chance in that dark place where the gray void opened up before us and swallowed the land after we passed, lapping and drooling at our heels, waiting for us to falter. We stuck close to the ground, not wanting to lose it - it was the last thing we had, for we had already lost ourselves when we entered - and followed it as one would follow a master; groveling, worried, and hoping for a sign of abatement. Every now and then, it'd throw us a scrap of insight or a morsel of direction, which we snatched up eagerly like sewer Rattatas. It chose to lead us on; we had no option other than follow or be lost.

Eventually the fog gave up on trying to break us and saw fit to let us loose. It seemed we had it defeated, but now I understand that it was only allowing its partner to take over. The temporary lift of the blinding darkness made way for an even more upsetting and unforgiving misfortune. Snow, hail, sleet, rain, all mingled together on this plain of ice and slush. Trudging through it posed an even harder challenge than the fog did. For at least in the fog, one could still feel their extremities and hear the reassuring words of their companions. So not only were we blind again, but we were also left without sound. Howling at us as a were-Mightyena would at the moon, the storm covered up all sounds, giving the illusion of a soundless barrier over our ears. It is a profound silence; no calls from wild Pokémon, no chatter of friends, no crunching of the snow beneath our feet. Only the gale. The way it pulled at clothes and skin; snatched all light up and squeezed it out of sight; stabbed at limbs, cheeks, eyes - with deadly precision. It was maddening.

I did a lot of thinking up there. Thinking about things that never should be thought about. But darkness has a way of persuasion that can trick one into paranoia. It may sound crazy, but when you stand in a raging storm blind as a Zubat with nothing to listen to but the wind, your mind wanders to dark thoughts. The snow may be pure white all around you, but it just as well be the color of the blackest night in the blackest reaches of the world to reflect the darkness it hides.

Then, all at once, a dark mass stained the sheet of snow and we no longer felt lost to the storm. Hopeful and excited, we sprinted full out for it. As we approached, it became more and more clear that it was another person, facing away from us. Reaching him, I saw him to be around Wingman's age, for he wore similar clothes and was the same general build. However, as he turned, he appeared to be in a trance, staring past us at some impossible object with empty eyes. He couldn't have been past the age of 17, but he had the eyes of an old man who has seen the world in all its glory and vulgarity.

He spoke not a word with his mouth, but rather, his eyes. They looked through me - oh, how they penetrated! like a candle would burn through a sheet of paper, painfully slow and scarring - then through Wingman. It was an unmistakable challenge.

(That part was italicized because it is my favorite passage in this whole log. In fact, I think it's the best thing I've written thus far.)

The toughest part of the whole battle was the storm. Unrelenting and determined to claim one of us, it whirled all around us. Its frigid winds cut through us like steak, tearing back and forth, rending us incapacitated. Moving my arm became a chore; actually attacking was like being asked to go to hell and back.

Not to say that the trainer's Pokémon were tough. They put up the best fight I've ever encountered. The Pikachu should have been easy, but that bugger was quick, and he knew how to hide. I blasted Shadow Balls everywhere, but none revealed the little rat's location. But when it finally attacked and I could find it, I blasted it with a powerful Earthquake, and it couldn't hide from that.

The Espeon took some amount of figuring and prediction, as it often teleported everywhere to avoid my attacks. But it followed a pattern, and that was its eventual downfall. A Shadow Ball to the right location put it out.

A Snorlax followed it, but its strategy was not evading, but rather tanking. Somehow, it took an Earthquake directly and shook it off. The second one just about did it, so a quick jab with Thunderpunch took it the rest of the way.

The last three were all of the Kanto starters at their final evolutions. Both Blastoise and Charizard put up fair fights, but Thunderpunch proved too much for them in the end. The Charizard, however, was tricky; it being able to fly gave it a great deal more maneuverability and evasion. I had to focus and wait for just the right moment.

His last Pokémon was the final Kanto starter, a Venusaur. I whittled it down to near fainting with an Earthquake; it stole some of my HP; lather, rinse, repeat. In the end, I got lucky with a very well placed hit, taking it down.

During the whole battle, I could sense the cold getting to Wingman. His cast didn't have any warm covers, and the jabs of the cold air were able to penetrate it. But once the battle was over, I rushed to his side and did my best to shield him from the cold. Caroline was already standing by him, huddling for warmth.

As for the mystery trainer, he revived his Espeon and pulled something out of his pocket. It was a letter of some sort. The envelope was black, and it had a red seal on it. In one smooth motion, he tossed the letter with amazing speed at us. I snatched it before it could hit Wingman and stared at the trainer. He stared back, his cold gaze once more boring through me. Then his Espeon began glowing, and we were gone.

I knew that we were being teleported somewhere, but I did not know where. When we got there, we recognized it as Wingman's house. After settling back in and warming up, Wingman and Caroline told Mrs. Walker (Wingman's mom) about what happened.

Oh, before I forget, I learned that Wingman's real name is Matthew Walker. I remember she mentioned something about an older brother who had gone training with a Beldum he got from some professor by the name of Oak. Nothing amazing about it, just found it noteworthy.

When they got to the letter, I put it on the table and Mrs. Walker ripped it open. Inside was a short note and a pair of tickets for a luxury cruise ship to a place they called 'Hoenn'. Caroline read the note aloud.

"'You earned these. Congratulations, strong trainer.' That's it?" she said. "Not even a name? How odd."

"Well, I ain't turning down free cruise tickets!" Wingman declared. "And who knows, this Hoenn place could be cool."

And it was settled, once again due to Wingman's extreme stubborn-ness. In three days time, we'll be leaving Vermillion City on a cruise ship to Hoenn. I can't help but say I'm gonna miss Kanto. I've got a few things to wrap up before we leave, so I'll update when we're in Hoenn. So this is sayonara, Kanto and Johto. Next stop, Hoenn!
ALSO ANOTHER ULTIMATE SOLO CHALLENGE
Devonshire the Sableye [FR-SS-E-PT-W]

Completed Challenges:

Psycho the Beldum/Metang/Metagross [FR-SS-E-PT-W]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Titan the Nidoran♂/Nidorino/Nidoking [B-C-R-PT-W]
--------------------------------------------
Regular Solo Challenge:
Razor the Drilbur/Excadrill [BLACK]
Beat Team Plasma | Beat Champion Alder
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Venom the Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede [BLACK]
Old November 16th, 2010 (08:04 AM).
300 Posts be the 15th?

Nature: Relaxed
I would like to start a Garchomp solo run on Soul Silver after my monotype run is finished. After that, I would like to do Metagross on SoulSilver.

Currently Playing: Soul Silver, Blue, Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure(<3)

Currently Reading: Goosebumps: Say Cheese and Die! Join!
Old November 18th, 2010 (03:31 PM). Edited November 19th, 2010 by jdthebud.
Monotype Master
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
Started the Ruby portion of my Ultimate Solo Challenge starring Fireheart, aka Arcanine, today.

Went from Littleroot to just outside Fallarbor Town.

Spoiler:
  • In the beginning, I named myself Cyrus. No rival name here, which is lame.
  • Chose Mudkip (female, lol) for HM slave purposes, named her JollyRoger.
  • After the rest of the initial plot stuff, I hacked in a Growlithe egg. Got a Mild nature and Intimidate after a few hatches (kept getting Flash Fire, damn it).
  • Started my journey to Petalburg. Caught 3 Zigzagoons. My main HM slave one is named Swipe. The other two are Pickuppers. Also caught a Seedot named Sinai for Flash, who will be replaced by Tropius eventually.
  • Got through the Forest easily due to Ember. Helped out the Devon guy.
  • Arrived in Rustburo City and went up top to fight the trainers there before my battle with Roxanne.
  • Challenged Roxanne.

This took a few tries. Finally Geodude used Rock Throw instead of Rock Tomb (which lowers Speed) while Fireheart 2HKOed with Bite, and then was able to take down Nosepass with a lot of Bites, Nosepass using Harden, and Rock Tomb missing once, which was key.

• After that was over, I saved Peeko and the Devon Goods from the Magma Grunt.
  • Got the Pokesav from the Prez, and Cut from the Cutter. Taught to Swipe.
  • Went down to Briney's house and got a lift to Dewford Town.
  • Got Flash and taught it to Sinai.
  • Challenged the gym.

This one took a few tries as well. Once I was set up for the finishing blow but Ember missed and Fireheart was beat on the counter. Fireheart finally burned Makuhita with the first Ember, and after a couple Super Potions and Arm Thrust not hitting more than 3 times, Fireheart was able to take Brawly down.

• Then I went into Granite Cave with Flash usable. Found Steven easily enough.
  • Got a lift to Slateport City, where I did a few things.
  • Delvered the Devon Goods, then defeated the two Grunts.
  • After buying a few Calciums, I went north and beat all the trainers before the underpass as well as the Trick House.
  • Halfway under the bridge, I encountered May for the first real battle against her for Fireheart.

Easy. Wailmer got a Water Gun off, but nothing too serious. Numel didn't stand a chance, and Grovyle was taken down by two Embers. Fireheart was several levels above her team.

• After getting the Itemfinder:D, I continued on to Mauville.
  • Found Wally in front of the gym.

Fireheart OHKOed Ralts with Bite.

• Got the Bicycle, then went back down to Slateport, Fireheart destroying the Magnemites on Cycling Bridge with Ember.
  • Got some Harbor Mail and a couple more Calciums, eventually maxing out Fireheart's Calcium usage. I bought Carbos the next few times.
  • Went back, got Rock Smash (taught to Swipe).
  • Beat the trainers on the way to Verdanturf Town and tried to Rock Smash, but realized I needed the DynamoBadge first.
  • Finally challenged the gym.

Fireheart was at L31 at this point and had Flame Wheel. All three of Wattson's Pokemon (Magnemite, Voltorb, Magneton) were OHKOed by Flame Wheel.

• At this point Fireheart is starting to get really overleveled, and he shouldn't face another challenge until the Elite Four and maybe Wallace before that.
  • Went back to the Rustboro tunnel and Rock Smash reunited the lovers. Got Strength as a thank you, which was taught to JollyRoger.
  • Went back through the tunnel and eaded north from Mauville.
  • Went through Fiery Path.
  • Am currently in the middle of the ashes on my way to Fallarbor Town.

Team Cyrus:

Fireheart (Growlithe, M) - L33 @ Cheri Berry
Nature: Mild, Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Flame Wheel, Roar, Bite, Take Down

JollyRoger (Mudkip, F) - L13
Nature: Hardy, Ability: Torrent
Moves: Strength, Growl, Mud-Slap, Water Gun

Swipe (Zigzagoon, M) - L3
Nature: Modest, Ability: Pickup
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Cut, Rock Smash

Sinai (Seedot, M) - L7
Nature: Jolly, Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Bide, Harden, Flash, Growth

Zigzagoon, F - L3 @ Protein
Nature: Serious, Ability: Pickup
Moves: Tackle, Growl

Zigzagoon, F - L4
Nature: Brave, Ability: Pickup

Edit: Update #2: Continuing on...

From Fallarbor Town to Mossdeep City.

Spoiler:
  • Made my way through the ash to Fallarbor Town.
  • Nothing much here. I don't need the Move Tutor this time.
  • Went down southand around the rocky terrian to Meteor Falls
  • Discovered Team Magma taking the Meteorite from Dr. Cosmo.
  • After continuing on to Rustboro, I went through the tunnel and eventually back to Mauville.
  • Went north again and took the tram up the mountain.
  • Beat the three grunts and Maxie.

I actually lost twice, once due to Bite missing on Camerupt, the second time to a crit Magnitude. The third time was the charm, and after Camerupt didn't use Magnitude once, Fireheart was able to beat Maxie.

• Got the Meteorite, than after jumping down Jagged Pass to Lavaridge Town, I made my way back to Fallarbor.
  • In Fallarbor, I gave the Meteorite to Dr. Cosmo for TM27, Return! I immediately taught it to Fireheart, forgetting the little-used Roar.
  • Made my way back to Lavaridge, where I challenged the gym.

Flannery was not difficult at all. After the first Slugma put up a Light Screen in response to Bite, Fireheart switched to Return and after disposing of the second Slugma, 3HKOed Torkoal for the win.

• With the Heat Badge in hand, I was able to use Strength out of battle.
  • So I headed over to the Fiery Path and got the Fire Stone in there for later.
  • Now it was time to face my father in a family showdown at the Petalburg gym.

This took a couple tries, as Facade dealt big damage to Fireheart from Norman's L31 Slakoth, and Flame Wheel wasn't doing enough to counter that. Finally, Slakoth started using Focus Punch instead of Facade, and Fireheart was able to beat him.

• Wally's dad then gave me Surf, which I taught to JollyRoger.
  • I ended up surfing from Slateport to Petalburg and north, too.
  • During the surfing, I encountered a shiny purple Tentacool! I caught it and named it Ruby.
  • Eventually, I made my way to Mauville and surfed east and got on the road to Fortree City. On the way there, Fireheart reached L49 and learned Flamethrower.
  • I pulled out my Fire Stone and...

Here we go!

• Fireheart learned ExtremeSpeed here at L49 as well. I now had my moveset for the rest of the game in Bite, Flamethrower, Return, and ExtremeSpeed.
  • I had 3 PP Ups on hand, so I used them on ExtremeSpeed.
  • On Rt. 119, before the Weather Institute, I caught a Tropius at full HP with a Great Ball. I was shocked.
  • Named it Palmer, and replaced Sinai with Palmer in my party. Taught Palmer Flash.
  • Up came the Weather Institute. Fireheart pretty much owned with just Bite. Opted not to take Castform.
  • Crossed the bridge, where May accosted me.
  • She was way too easy. Bite OHKOed all her Pokemon except for Grovyle (90%). Forgot the screenshot.
  • She gave me Fly, then reminded me that I need the Fortree gym badge to use it. Taught Fly to Palmer.
  • Healing up at the Fortree Pokemon Center, I went down to the bridge where Steven was and got the Devon Scope.
  • Killed the Kecleon, then scared the one blocking the gym away.
  • Challenged the gym.

OHKOs were in order here. Flamethrower for Swellow, Return for Pelipper and Altaria, and Flamethrower for Skarmory to sweep the gym without being touched except by a Quick Attack earlier in the gym by a Swellow. Just see for yourself.

• After I got the badge, I continued on the road to Lilycove.
  • Arriving at Lilycove, I fought May for the last time.

Nothing new. She sucks.

• After meandering around town for a bit, I took off for Mt. Pyre.
  • After beating the inside, I went outside and arrived to late to stop Maxie from taking the Blue Orb. The elders gave the Red Orb, though. They must not be apart!!!
  • Flew to Slateport, where Stern's sub was stolen.
  • Went into the Magma Hideout off the coast and cleared it out easily, but not before the sub departed for the great deep unknown.
  • Surfed to Mossdeep City for the next badge and the HM Dive.
  • Challenged the Mossdeep Gym.

Pretty easy. It had the lame aspect of being a double battle, but it worked out ok. JollyRoger didn't even take any damage, and Bite was sufficient to beat Tate and Liza's lone two Pokemon. Late screenshot here.

• When I got out of there, I visited Steven's house and he gave me the HM Dive. Taught Dive to JollyRoger.
  • Saved the game still at Mossdeep City.

Am about to set off for the Underwater Team Magma Beatdown.

Team Cyrus:

Fireheart (Arcanine, M) - L60 @ Cheri Berry
Moves: Bite, Return, Flamethrower, ExtremeSpeed

JollyRoger (Mudkip, F) - L24
Moves: Strength, Surf, Mud-Slap, Dive

Swipe (Zigzagoon, M) - L8
Moves: Tackle, Dig, Cut, Rock Smash

Palmer (Tropius, M) - L26
Nature: Bold, Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Flash, Razor Leaf, Stomp, Fly

Zigzagoon, F - L3

Zigzagoon, F - L4 @ Revive

In the Box:

Ruby (Tentacool, F, Shiny) - L28
Nature: Bashful, Ability: Liquid Ooze
Moves: Supersonic, Constrict, Acid, Bubblebeam

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old November 20th, 2010 (06:23 AM). Edited November 20th, 2010 by Rainbow-Sasuke.
300 Posts be the 15th?

Sign me up for the three Kanto Starters on Red. I'm doing Charizard first!

Update 1:
Spoiler:
Brock
Misty(Late screenie)
Lt. Surge(Another late screenie)

Current team:

Blaze
Level 33
Dig
Slash
Ember
Leer

Old November 20th, 2010 (06:42 AM).
Wanderer

alright it's been a LOT longer than I anticipated but I'm finally back to resume my Scizor USC... Honestly I must hold the record for the longest challenge ever... when did I start this? Sometime early this year? X(

"In fealty of the mods, our undying lords, and by the grace of the forum rules. I declare exterminatus upon *thread name*. I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire thread, and consign all its posts to oblivion. May the forum rules account in all balance. The admin protects."

Old November 20th, 2010 (07:58 AM). Edited November 20th, 2010 by Rainbow-Sasuke.
300 Posts be the 15th?

Also, sign me up for an Ultimate Zangoose Solo. LG > SS > R > Pt.

Old November 20th, 2010 (10:41 AM).
Wanderer

• Started east of Hearthome
  • Healed in Solaceon
  • Bought 2 dozen MooMoo Milks then headed through Route 215
  • Arrived in Veilstone
  • Entered the Veilstone gym and beat Maylene (although Lucario was tough and knocked me out due to me not healing when I should have)
  • Got Dawn's Pokedex back from the Galactic grunts
  • Got HM02 Fly and headed south to Pastoria City
  • Entered the gym and beat Crasher Wake (Scizor fell once to Floatzel's Brine, again, due to me being stupid and not healing)

And there it is. 5 badges. The 2 I did today took an extremely long time to do but hey, I'm getting closer to finishing.

Level 44

Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
slash
Iron Defence

P.S Wingman11 I love your posts! They're a great read!! xD I think I might try doing something similar in the future, probably with another USC.

"In fealty of the mods, our undying lords, and by the grace of the forum rules. I declare exterminatus upon *thread name*. I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire thread, and consign all its posts to oblivion. May the forum rules account in all balance. The admin protects."

Old November 20th, 2010 (04:55 PM). Edited November 20th, 2010 by wingman11.
Solo Runner

I have a question. I AM going to finish my Nidoking solo challenge, but first I'd like to know this: if I wanted to, could I do a solo challenge on Black/White? Not as a part of the USC, but as an individual challenge. I'm just curious, and it's not urgent that you tell me. I'll start it no matter what the answer, I just wanna know if I could post progress here and what-not. Probably gonna be using Mogurew-Doryuuzu. Thanks very much!

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old November 20th, 2010 (05:11 PM).
Obsessed and Proud!

Quote originally posted by wingman11:
I have a question. I AM going to finish my Nidoking solo challenge, but first I'd like to know this: if I wanted to, could I do a solo challenge on Black/White? Not as a part of the USC, but as an individual challenge. I'm just curious, and it's not urgent that you tell me. I'll start it no matter what the answer, I just wanna know if I could post progress here and what-not. Probably gonna be using Bachuru-Denchura. Thanks very much!
I'd think you could. I mean, you can do multiple solo challenges at once, so why not two? Oh, and nice posts!

I'm going to start an USC with Scizor (Altaraxia, I've wanted to for a while before you restarted but finally decided to)

I'm Obsessed and Proud!

-Saiddun Uzkha
Old November 20th, 2010 (05:30 PM).
Solo Runner

Quote originally posted by Saiddun Uzkha:
I'd think you could. I mean, you can do multiple solo challenges at once, so why not two? Oh, and nice posts!
I understood I could do two at once, it's doing one on Black/White that I wasn't so sure about. It doesn't have a section on the front page, so I just wanted to check. And thank you, I put a lot of time into the story. It's a writer's habit.

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old November 20th, 2010 (05:37 PM). Edited November 20th, 2010 by Saiddun Uzkha.
Obsessed and Proud!

Quote originally posted by wingman11:
I understood I could do two at once, it's doing one on Black/White that I wasn't so sure about. It doesn't have a section on the front page, so I just wanted to check. And thank you, I put a lot of time into the story. It's a writer's habit.
Black/White isn't on the front page because Myrrhman hasn't updated since September 9th or something like that.

Ok, with the Scizor challenge, I beat Brock at level 14 with pursuit and I beat Misty at level 25 on 6th try with pursuit. Almost at Bill currently.

(Ms Awesome) level 28
Quick Attack
Leer
False Swipe (for catching slaves currently)
Metal Claw

I'm Obsessed and Proud!

-Saiddun Uzkha
Old November 21st, 2010 (01:17 PM). Edited November 21st, 2010 by Saiddun Uzkha.
Obsessed and Proud!

So, I was about to beat the elite 4, and Ihadn't saved since after Brock and my cat knocked out the power plug. mMy computer shut down and I have to restart, so I'm just going to choose a new Pokemon:

Spoiler:
Porygon 2!!!

will start now

So, I started up my game. Named myself Stephen and Rival Aric. I decide to look on my computer and I find a potion. I withdraw it, it might come in use. I decide to go downstairs and leave the house. I felt a little risky, so I tried to go into the Pokemon inhabited area. This person named Oak is like "No, don't go out there! You might get torn to pieces!" He stops for a second and is like, "Come with me, I have something for you. I try to fight him, but he won't let go.

When I get to his house, I stopped fighting. He says, "You can have a Pokemon! I have three, and then you can explore! I have three choices, Porygon2, Squirtle, and Charmander." Aric interuptes, "What about me? "I want one!" Oak says, "Hold your horses! You'll get your turn." I snicker. I decide to take the Porygon2, whom I name Jeff. Aric takes the Charmander, and asks for a battle. I accept the challenge, and whoop his *** with Jeff.

I venture off into the places I couldn't before. Soon, I get to Viridian City. I go up into the mart to buy Pokeballs but the clerk insisted I take a parcel to Oak. I venture back down and give Oak his parcel, which he gives a Pokedex and pokeballs. I was like WTF, You could've giving some the whole time? I go and train to level 12 after and Jeff learned Psybeam. I try to go to the Elite Four but Aric stops me and challenges me to another battle. I whoop his *** again with Jeff+Psybeam.

I head north of Viridian into the forest. I own lots of bugs, and come out covered in bug guts. I go north a little more and get to Pewter City, where I heard there was a Gym. I take on the gym,, and beat the Leader Brock with Psybeam.I go east towards a cave, but some guy stops me and gices me some shoes. I go to the cave and realize how much I hate this pokemon called Zubat. When I get out, two karate people try to teach Jeff how to kick and punch, but he doesn't understand the concept. I just keep going and find a town called Cerulean City. I see a gym, so I heal up and go beat the Leader Misty with Psybeam and Thief.

I try to go up, but a police officer blocks my way, so I decide to go north, where I find my rival. He challenges me, I defeat him. I go up a bridge and when I deffeated all the trainers I got a nigget. Then I try to get recruited into Team Rocket, but I say no. I meat this talking Clefairy after defeating many more trainers. He says that he is a human, so I decide to turn him back. I get a ticket to a boat for helping him and decide to go. The police officer finally moved, and I go through. I go south. and arrive in Vermillion City. I find the boat and go on it. My rival challenges me again and I defeat him again. I talk to the seasick captain and make him feel better. He gives me a worthless move, so I teach it to my slave, Paras. I find the gym and finally get to go in it, It take sme hours to get to the leader Lt. Surge, but I defeat him.

I go back up to Cerulean and go where I couldn't go before, because a tree. I go back there and find a cave. I get through the cave with difficulty, but I'm safe. I go south into this town called Lavender Town.It has a sad feeling, so I leave and go west. I end up in Celadon, where I hit the gym again. There is a perverted guy standing outside staring at all the women inside. I go inside and there are only women. I beat the Leader Erika and go to the Game Corner. I spend 70,000 pokedollars to get the TM 13 Ice Beam and teach it to Jeff. I then go east and get a TM 29 Psychic. I teach that to Jeff, and then I saved.

Solo Runner
(Jeff) Level 45
Psychic
Ice Beam
Recover
Shock Wave

I'm Obsessed and Proud!

-Saiddun Uzkha
Old November 21st, 2010 (05:08 PM). Edited November 21st, 2010 by jdthebud.
Monotype Master
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
FINISHED the Ruby portion of my Ultimate Solo Challenge starring Fireheart, aka Arcanine!

From Mossdeep City to the Champion crown:

Spoiler:
  • So I went Surfing from Mossdeep to go Diving for Team Magma's stolen submarine.
  • Fought a few trainers first, than Dove for the depths.
  • Found the cave entrance easy enough and surfaced.
  • There are only a few trainers here, which is fine for Fireheart. Don't want him getting worn out.
  • Made it through the boulder puzzles to the inner chamber where Groudon was sleeping.
  • Maxie showed up.

Fireheart is just overpowering right now. The only one that wasn't OHKO was Camerupt, and he used Amnesia, so he didn't get an attack off.

• The Blue Orb self-activated, and UV Hell was upon us!
  • After a quick stop down southeast in Fallarbor Town, I went back up to find the greatest city in Hoenn.
  • Surfed around the way to Sootopolis City and dove down and under the wall to find the city locked up except for the Pokemon Center.
  • Went up top to find Steven and a sailor named Wallace waiting for me.
  • They escorted me to the Cave of Origins.
  • I went in and navigated my way down to where Groudon was, picking up the Waterfall HM on the way, and....

OHKO with Flamethrower (boosted by Drought, I might add).

• Went back out and after Steven moved, challenged the gym.

I was lucky that Wallace's water Pokemon didn't have anything more powerful than Water Pulse, because Milotic almost killed Fireheart there before being 2HKOed by Return. It was raining at the time, too.

• After beating Wallace, I went back out to the sea and started surfing east to Ever Grande City and Victory Road.
  • After scaling the Waterfall with JollyRoger, I entered Victory Road.
  • Navigated it as quickly as I could remember the routes, and then it was time to beat Wally, who has a decent team now.

He still was no match for Fireheart, as you can see.

• Now it was time to fight the Elite Four. Fireheart and I had been on a long journey, and we would finish the way we started - alone.
  • I deposited my HM slaves in the box, and Fireheart and I were on the final leg of our journey in Hoenn!
  • First up was Sidney and his Dark-types.

Flamethrower took care of every single one. With two grass types and a Sharpedo with low SpD, he was a piece of cake.

• Phoebe and her Ghost team was next.

Nothing difficult here. Fireheart is really overleveled and Bite is super effective against ghosts. She also only has ghosts from Hoenn, no Gengar to deal with here.

• Glacia was next with her Ice types.

She was the bane of Fireheart in the Elite Four here. Walrein was able to kill Fireheart twice with Surf as Fireheart was unable to 2HKO Walrein with anything. Finally got critical hits on both the Sealeo with Return so they were unable to set up Hail, and with the help of a Sitrus Berry, Fireheart survived 2 Surfs to take Walrein down. Both the Glalie were Flamethrower'd.

• Drake and his Dragons were next.

He was a lot easier than Lance ever was. His team only has Hoenn dragons, and only one base 600, Salamance, so he went down with a splat. Kind of anticlimactic, if you ask me, considering what Lance was like in Kanto.

• After a Full Restore and an Elixir, the Champion Steven was the last opponent in Hoenn to beat!

Well, he was easy - weak to fire, so Flamethrower destroyed his Steel-types. Fireheart almost died to Cradily and Armaldo both using AncientPower, but he survived and 2HKOed them both with Flamethrower. The Sitrus Berry helped again. Fireheart grew to L71 on Steven's final Pokemon, Armaldo.

• Hoenn was won! Fireheart was then inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Some ending screenshots - Final stats of Fireheart and also my Trainer Card:

Team Cyrus (Final):

Fireheart (Arcanine, M) - L71
Moves: Bite, Return, Flamethrower, ExtremeSpeed

And in the box for the Elite Four:

JollyRoger (Mudkip, F) - L25
Moves: Strength, Surf, Mud-Slap, Dive

Swipe (Zigzagoon, M) - L8
Moves: Tackle, Dig, Cut, Rock Smash

Palmer (Tropius, M) - L26
Nature: Bold, Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Flash, Razor Leaf, Stomp, Fly

Zigzagoon, F - L3

Zigzagoon, F - L4

Also in the box for lulz:

Ruby (Tentacool, F, Shiny) - L28
Nature: Bashful, Ability: Liquid Ooze
Moves: Supersonic, Constrict, Acid, Bubblebeam

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old November 21st, 2010 (07:47 PM). Edited November 21st, 2010 by Dabutcha.
Creator of the Alphanigma Saga

Sign me up for an ultimate run with Charizard. I wont be updating this on Pokecommunity, however (unless you really want me to), I will be LPing it on youtube, my channel is here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dabutcha22?feature=mhum

The first video is up, and so is an awesome picture for the playlist thumbnail.

My order on the games will be Red > Gold > Emerald > Diamond

I mentioned Red Gold and Emerald in the video, but I forgot about Diamond.

What people say when a new game comes out: Why dont we widen our range by hacking the new game?

What they mean: Lets abandon knowledge and tools on things we know, purge previous gen hacking, and start a new field that we probably wont master.

For this reason, New pokemon games make me die inside just a little.

95% of all Pokemon hacks are of the 3rd Generation, majority of them being FireRed, if you believe that the 2nd generation should be hacked more often, copy and paste this into your signature.

Charlie R/G/E/D
Old November 22nd, 2010 (08:18 AM). Edited November 22nd, 2010 by Roughsponge.
Phenominal.

Sign me up for a Charmander → Charizard run on pokemon blue (rom)

Okay, began the challenge:
  • Started, named myself Blue & my rival Red.
  • Picked Charmander, named him Hades.
  • Grinded to level 11
  • Battled/beat Red with ease
  • Went through Viridian forest & did a little grinding too.
  • Hades evolved into Charmeleon!
  • Reached Pewter City, battled the gym trainer, faced Brock & defeated him and won myself the Boulder badge! :D
Next onto Mt Moon & Cerulean city...

Hades/Charmeleon:

L17
-Ember
-Scratch
-Growl
-Leer

I would of liked to do a Staryu → Starmie run but I have no idea how to hack pokemon into the wild or anything like that.. but if anyone knows could they let me know how haha?
Old November 22nd, 2010 (11:38 AM).
300 Posts be the 15th?

Cancel my olo runs. I'd like to do a Nidoking Solo Run on Sapphire. I'll update with screenshots of each gym battle and the Elite Four. My challenge will finish after I beat the Elite FOur twice.

Old November 22nd, 2010 (10:39 PM).
<- heracross ftw!

Send a message via AIM to the :D Send a message via Skype™ to the :D
why is it that i have been added for neither 'R/S/E' or completed challenges?

Tim the Pidgeot!
LeafGreen! -> Gold! -> Emerald! -> Pearl!
Old November 23rd, 2010 (06:41 AM).
Obsessed and Proud!

Quote originally posted by the :D:
why is it that i have been added for neither 'R/S/E' or completed challenges?
The OP hasn't updated since September 9th I think.

I'm Obsessed and Proud!

-Saiddun Uzkha
Old November 23rd, 2010 (03:12 PM). Edited November 24th, 2010 by tory558.

i will start off playing pokemon platinum with larvitar and i will evovle it into a tyranitar. if i am accepted i will start posting things

Current Solo Runs:
Black 2: Riolu/Lucario (8/8...just need to beat Elite 4)
Old November 23rd, 2010 (05:27 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2010 by iRyu.
Why is he smiling? The Father?

Nature: Brave
So I'm really interested in challenging on HG/SS with a Gallade. I'll start with a ralts though. (Since I have no way of obtaining a perfect one through trade I will be using hacks to get it on the first route.) Can I make it shiny, though (also through hacks)? I like the blue color more
Edit: I will be playing this on my DS with the use of a flashcart so no pictures:/
And HM Slaves will be Corsola - HM's 3,4,5,6 Tropius - HM's 1 and 2 and Golduck - HM's 7 and 8
Also obtained through hacks, Basically hacking for essentials to play the game solo. Everything else will be legit.

Old November 23rd, 2010 (11:52 PM).
Mr. Flying Pickle Monster

Nature: Calm
Just come back here for some reading (and to see if my completion of the Kabutops run has been updated, which it hasnt ). Anyway would just like to say welcome back to Wingman who I though was gone for good, wish you luck on completing the Nidoking challnge. Also Myrhh said awhile back that black and white solos would be incorporated into this thread so go have fun with soloing that .

Anyway this part will seem mean but The : D, IMO your run shouldn't be counted as you have broken the rule of no cheating, The shiny cheat used I don't really consider rulebreaking(although it is annoying) but the rare candy cheats and lvl mod cheats(zigzagoon) really annoy me. Your excuse for the rare candy cheat on beldum is BS tbh, both me and Wingman where able to train beldum to a high enough level to be able to beat the first rock gym in all but Johto region(as falkner is the first gym leader).

Personally if I was the thread owner I would tell you to do this run agian without cheats but I'm not the thread owner so it's up to him(if he returns)

Ultimate solo run with Kabutops

Current challenges:
Ultimate solo run with Nidoking, [K][J][H][S][U]
Black part of solo rune with Kabutops

Evidently I like solo challenges

Metagross and salamence fan
Old November 24th, 2010 (02:14 AM).
Deathly Inferno

Nature: Naughty
Finally I did a bit of playing for once :/, and did two gyms.

Spoiler:

Vs. Gardenia

Blast

I may update soon. Hopefully. Catch you later (with my Pokeballs )
Old November 24th, 2010 (07:41 AM). Edited November 24th, 2010 by iRyu.
Why is he smiling? The Father?

Nature: Brave
Okay, I'm completely unaware of if I've been "approved" or not but I did make a log. Here it is:

Spoiler:
Team:
Lv: 5
Nature: Quiet
Moves: Growl

Lv: 6
Nature: Docile
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen

Day 1~
Weird things have been happening lately...

I had a dream that this guy, Professor Oak was his name, was talking to me. He was asking extremely stupid questions, like are you a boy or a girl. I'm right there in front of you Oak!

Anyway, I woke up to be asked a million questions from my mom, who then told me the town professor, Professor Elm, was looking for me. I decided to head over there when mom gave me back my “essentials for being a Pokémon trainer” that I gave to her.

I walked outside and was met by Lyra. She said absolutely nothing and walked off. I thought nothing of it and went to the lab to see some strange red-headed boy standing outside. When I walked up to him, he pushed me away with a disgusted look on his face.

I walked inside the lab and Professor Elm offered me a Pokémon. I chose Cyndaquil because it is definitely awesome. But, something just wasn’t right about it. I told him thanks and left. I got to the door when one of his aides was generous enough to give me five potions. I stepped outside and turned towards the first route, Route 29. As soon as I stepped out of the natural boundary of our town, something extremely weird happened. A cherish ball fell out of the sky. Then I looked at the sky and it turned ominous. Rain clouds filled the area and made it extremely dark. I picked up the ball and looked towards the grass, thinking it was calling me.

I stepped into the grass and then out came a Ralts. Kinda weird because there are no Ralts here at all… It was no ordinary Ralts, though. It was shiny. It had a blue head and I could feel it sensing my emotions. It was moving extremely fast, trying to get away, but I sent Cyndaquil after it to take it down. As soon as Cyndaquil had it cornered, I threw the Cherish Ball at it and I caught it! My first Wild Pokémon and it was shiny! Granted all it knew how to do was growl, but hey, it’s shiny!

I ventured to CherryGrove city. Some extremely hyper old-man decided to show me around town. When he finished his rant, he gave me a pair of running-shoes. How nice. Because I couldn’t run in the sneakers my mom bought me form Goldenrod? Apparently not. I took off the shoes mom bought me and put on the one’s this guy gave me. I got a random burst of energy to go running so I ran around town many times. The burst of energy was like caffeine so I became tired really quickly. So I’m staying at the Pokémon Center. I’m documenting my journey in this journal that I found in my PokéGear. I guess this is the start of a long Journey…

Edit: Here's my second one, it's pretty long.
Spoiler:
Team:
Lv: 16
Nature: Quiet
Moves: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport

Day 2~

I will call him Allegro and he will be mine. Love that movie.
Now onto my second day. I trained Ralts, or Allegro, through Cyndaquil because all Allegro knew how to do was growl. Not too long after, Allegro learned confusion and it was great. We were confusing Pokémon left and right, takin ‘em down. They was like: Hide yo Pidgeys and Hide yo Sentrets. No not really. But you get the picture.

I think I figured out what was wrong with the Cyndaquil. It just didn’t fit me. I reluctantly put in Someone’s PC at the Pokémon center. I figured it would just be me and Allegro, taking over the world. Cyndaquil would have to sit it.

I left CherryGrove for Mr. Pokémon’s house. I was curious as to who he was. Was he really a Pokémon that was extremely educated? Like a Mewtwo or something? I passed a house with an apricorn tree outside of it when some random guy was like: “Hey! You want apricots? Here, Apricot Box!” He sounded a little perturbed that I didn’t stop at his house, but oh well. I passed his house and two “youngsters” we’re battling their pokémon

I went to Mr. Pokémon’s house, which was further up route 30. I walked inside (because I felt too beast to knock) and there he was. A regular person. Mr. Pokémon. What a let down. But, get this, he was talking with Professor Oak! I know, right? Epic! Mr. Pokémon went to go get whatever he was supposed to give to Professor Elm and Professor Oak decided it was time for him to go. However, before Professor Oak left, he had a little chat with me. We talked about Pokémon and then handed me a Pokédex! It was Awesome! I felt like an Arceus then! He told me it was his dream to catch all the Pokémon and he asked me to complete that dream for him. Maybe, just maybe.

He left after Mr. Pokémon found what he wanted to give to Professor Elm. It was an egg. It was really strange and kinda small. It had red and blue triangles all over it. I told him I would deliver it ASAP and left. As soon as I stepped outside I got a call from Professor Elm. He sounded frantic and told me to get to his lab right now, and then hung up. I ran back to CherryGrove city, stopping at the Pokémon Center to heal Allegro. I just got out of CherryGrove city when the redheaded kid outside of the lab approached me. He said the Pokémon given to me was a waste on a wimp like me. Yeah it was a waste, but I’m not a wimp!!! He decided to battle me with a Totodile and I kicked his ass. The crybaby. His Totodile seemed a little off-though. He ran off in silence and left his trainer card on the ground. I picked it up and read it. His name is Syriix. I read it over and over to keep it my memory when I beat him again. He came back and snatched it from me before he left completely.

I ran to the professor’s lab and saw a police man in there talking to Professor Elm. He said rule number one about a crime is that the criminal will always return to the scene of the crime. He thought it was me because I was the first one to show up after him. The nerve! Just then Lyra ran in and defended me because the Professor was soo reluctant to. The police told me to prove it so I told him the name of the guy who I battled, just to get back at him. He said okay, innocent until proven guilty, now on his trail! The policeman then left, followed by Lyra. I asked the professor when happened and he told me a Totodile was stolen. I was right! It was Syriix! The professor asked me what Mr. Pokémon gave me and I showed him the egg. He literally jumped back in astonishment. He told me thanks and took the egg. He turned around to his computer and told me to see my mom before I leave.

I left the lab, completely forgetting to say bye to mom. I headed to route 29 when Lyra decided to be a bimbo and show me how to capture. I’ve already captured a Shiny Ralts, smart-one! I payed no attention and hurried past CherryGrove city. When I went up route 30 The “youngsters were done and the one named Joey approached me with his Rattata. He was so arrogant and I wiped the floor with him. He was really angry, but asked me for my pokégear number, I reluctantly gave it to him. I went further up the route when my mom called, crying. She was really upset that I forgot to say bye, I felt horrible! But then she offered to save my money and I was happy to agree, this way she can still be a part of the adventure.

I made it to Violet city and Lyra somehow ended up behind me. She did her girl rant about it then gave me a Vs. Recorder. I am just on a roll with these gifts. She then ran ahead of me, to beat me in some race she designed. I then headed to the bell tower, curious of what it was. I went in and up the tower, stopped by sages who decided to test my bond with Allegro. Man, me and Allegro are best buds till the end. I caught him in a Cherish Ball, man! I made it to the top of tower and guess who was there? It was Syriix battling the Elder of the tower. He was battling out of anger, probably because I beat him earlier. When he beat the Elder, the Elder told him that he should treat his Pokémon nicely. He said whatever and escaped on an escape rope. I talked to the Elder who was magically ready to battle again. I decided to impress him with my kindness. He applauded me when I beat him then gave me the TM Flash. I told him thanks then used one of his escape ropes to get out.

I left to Pokémon Center to heal Allegro before I challenged the gym. I entered the Violet City Gym and there was a pad in front of me. I asked the stalkerish guy what to do and he said to stand on the panel. I did and BOOM!!! I flew up to the top of the gym! It was some gym set up at the top of this skyscraper that looks so small from the outside. I’m deathly afraid of heights. I took out Allegro and told him to just take out any Pokémon that challenged him because I wasn’t feeling too well. He beat the trainers that made fun of me because I was getting sick up top. Then we went to Falkner. Falkner laughed at me and then beat up Allegro. It was too much for me to handle, so I threw up and passed out.

I woke up at the Pokémon Center and nurse joy handed my Allegro, telling me to get some potions if I go on long journeys. I had a new feeling in me. It was anger. I was angry at Falkner for that and went in with a new mindset. Heights are for babies, and I take candy from babies. I challenged Falkner and beat him extremely bad this time. He gave me the TM Roost and told me my next challenge would be at Azalea Town. I decided, that’s where I should go. When I got outside, Professor Elm called and told me to walk with the egg Mr. Pokémon gave me. He said his Aide at the pokémart should have it, so I went to retrieve it. I then left Violet city, down route 32. There was this random guy that handed me a miracle seed. I told him thanks and continued down the route. Besides a few Pokémon trainers, there were like 10 fisherman, all on this bridge. I beat all of them and finished the route.

There was suspicious looking fellow who offered me a slowpoke tail for 1 million dollars. Wait. What? 1 million Dollars? He’s crazy. I disregarded him and went to this Pokémon Center that was placed there randomly next to Union Cave. I’ve decided to rest there tonight before I head out. Remember, Hide yo Pokemanz…

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links