The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:03 PM
wingman11
Solo Runner

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
OK, let me rant a bit here. Elesa can be a real pain in the gluteus maximus without a Ground type attack. Volt Switch is just cheap, and her Zebstrika's Flame Charge is even worse, especially on a Metang. In general, she just haxes. Really hard.

But that's not the point. The point is that I got past her hax and beat her. Four down, four to go.

One more thing: I can't help but notice that the 'certified trainers' are only ever you and your rival/friends. I can't believe that no one else has attempted and succeeded at getting badges. Seriously. Come on Nintendo.
ALSO ANOTHER ULTIMATE SOLO CHALLENGE
Devonshire the Sableye [FR-SS-E-PT-W]

Completed Challenges:

Psycho the Beldum/Metang/Metagross [FR-SS-E-PT-W]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Titan the Nidoran♂/Nidorino/Nidoking [B-C-R-PT-W]
--------------------------------------------
Regular Solo Challenge:
Razor the Drilbur/Excadrill [BLACK]
Beat Team Plasma | Beat Champion Alder
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Venom the Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede [BLACK]
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:04 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
I got some time, lets do this. I think I'll go in order of type, and try to do them all. So, first up is Pidgeot. Now, as a wise scholar once said... Leggo.
and the monotypes keep gettin delayed, lol. That reminds me, I need to extend my solos to Unova...

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:14 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman11 View Post
OK, let me rant a bit here. Elesa can be a real pain in the gluteus maximus without a Ground type attack. Volt Switch is just cheap, and her Zebstrika's Flame Charge is even worse, especially on a Metang. In general, she just haxes. Really hard.

But that's not the point. The point is that I got past her hax and beat her. Four down, four to go.

One more thing: I can't help but notice that the 'certified trainers' are only ever you and your rival/friends. I can't believe that no one else has attempted and succeeded at getting badges. Seriously. Come on Nintendo.
Not entirely true. I know at least one Pokemon trainer in Red/Blue (I think this is the game) comments on how she just got a badge. Actually, i think its DPPt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
and the monotypes keep gettin delayed, lol. That reminds me, I need to extend my solos to Unova...
Yeah, yeah. I'm working on getting back to them.
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
wingman11
Solo Runner

Quote:
Not entirely true. I know at least one Pokemon trainer in Red/Blue (I think this is the game) comments on how she just got a badge. Actually, i think its DPPt.
Not really what I meant, but I understand what you're saying. I just meant how the plaques on the Gym statues only ever have your name and any rival names on them. You'd think they'd at least put something like "Certified Trainers: There's a long list of names here! At the bottom, you see [insert names of character and rival(s) here]." for the first Gyms and something like "Certified Trainers: There's very few names here! At the bottom, you see [insert names of character and rival(s) here]." for the final Gym or something. I dunno, it's just always bugged me that only the main characters are mentioned on these plaques.

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:53 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman11 View Post
Not really what I meant, but I understand what you're saying. I just meant how the plaques on the Gym statues only ever have your name and any rival names on them. You'd think they'd at least put something like "Certified Trainers: There's a long list of names here! At the bottom, you see [insert names of character and rival(s) here]." for the first Gyms and something like "Certified Trainers: There's very few names here! At the bottom, you see [insert names of character and rival(s) here]." for the final Gym or something. I dunno, it's just always bugged me that only the main characters are mentioned on these plaques.
Well then why dont'cha make your own game?
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:42 AM
켄니씨
>Insert C.U.T Here<

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGK View Post
This looks fun. I'll do Charmander on FireRed.
You doin' Charmander or Charuzard?
If the latter you can evolve it,if the first you can't
Old July 12th, 2011, 11:27 AM
GStheHero
YouTube Battler

Nature: Modest
Quote:

Game: Leaf Green
PKMN: Raticate

- We start today by defeating the Team Rocket Grunt and receiving the Dig TM.

- Raticate and I defeat every trainer on Route 6.

- I listen to the PKMN Fan Club Chairman ramble so I can obtain the Bike Voucher.

- I receive HM Cut from the Captain and BANJO defeats Rival Iggy and all the trainers except one, as we lose on purpose so I can come back to see the truck later.

- I get Bulbasaur out of the PC and teach him Cut.

- BANJO defeats Lt. Surge and his trainers without a scratch.

- BANJO is now Lv35!

Raticate is a beast tbh. He'll probably be in the 80s by the end of this run.

GStheHero! <3

click here for my youtube wifi battles! =]
Old July 12th, 2011, 02:27 PM
wingman11
Solo Runner

Quote:
Well then why dont'cha make your own game?
To be honest, I actually tried this. I'm a decent mapper, but some of the scripting tripped me up. Majorly. I also could never figure out how to use other tile sets that people make. But I had a story planned, and a region, and all that. I just tried to do too much on my own. And I could never find myself a good scripter.

Of course, I AM going to college for Computer Science this fall... Maybe I'll get better. Who knows?

Darn it, now you've gone and sparked my interest in it again. I'll never get my solo runs done now! D:

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm still making progress. Somehow. Anyway, Clay is done with, but he was one hell of a guy to beat. Excadrill just wouldn't die, even when I taught Psycho Rock Smash just to get a move that was more than not very effective. But we got it done, and we're one more badge closer. Onwards to the next badge!

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by wingman11; July 12th, 2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:30 PM
97Tarsier
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Just started my Pokemon Crystal - spearow solo challenge.

I captured Pancho at level 2 north-west of New Bark town, I'm currently training him north of Cherrygrove.

After training Pancho, I stumbled upon another New trainer woh went by the name of Joey, He had a very strong ratata, Unfortunatly for him, I landed a critical peck on him, Costing him the match. After the battle, Pancho learned leer, He is now much more agressive, Is that a good thing? I'll find out later...

As soon as I came across a fork in the road, Mom called me questioning where I was, I told her I was going on a grand adventure, she was supportive,

FINALLY! I reached Violet city, I first went to the Pokecenter, Pancho was tired from the battles he had... After exploring a bit, I discovered a Gym, Coincadentily, A flying type gym, Similiar to Pancho, I realised I was too weak and needed to train, I stumbled upon sprout tower.

I realised the Pokemon at sprout tower were weak to Pancho pecking-abilitys, I continued climbing the tower...

I finally found the top floor, The Pokemon there where considerably stronger, although still weak to Pancho's increasing strength

At the top, I found the mean red-headed boy I encountered earlier in my travels... I chose to ignore him, I then battled the Leader of the tower, Li.

His pokemon also fell to Pancho
Old July 17th, 2011, 03:38 PM
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

I'm going to take an Ultimate Solo Challenge with Crobat. Unfortunatley, I'm stuck with a Golbat in Blue.

Last edited by VinceLevi; July 17th, 2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: I posted Redunant questions
Old July 17th, 2011, 05:00 PM
wingman11
Solo Runner

So I kind of took down Skyla and Bryce without really trying. My Metagross isn't overpowered, he's just, you know, 15 levels ahead of the game. Yeah... LOL

Anyway, all that's left is the 8th Gym, the E4, N, and then the E4 again plus Alder. And then I go to Nidoking! Almost 1/3 of the way done with completing my ultimate challenges. I feel INTENSE.

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 17th, 2011, 10:30 PM
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

Well.. I know I just started a few hours ago, but here's my update.
I tried taking video of my solo expliots, but my uploader is running rediculously slow, so I'll try to post at a later date.

For now;
--Hacked in a Zubat, rom made it look like a Missingno at first, (X _ X) but things worked out. He's named Forrol, after my Pearl Crobat.
Zubat Capture.PNG

--Grinding grinding ginding. Learned the real danger of a solo challenge, the Power Points. I had to heal pretty often.

--Defeated Brock at level 15, after Forrol learned Bite. Supersonic failed several times throughout the match, and as a result, I almost didn't survive.

--Zoomed through Mt. Moon, Forrol is Lv. 20

--Whipped my Rival, Geki, whom I thought would be tougher.

--Forrol evolved!

-- Went to Cerulean Gym to stare at Misty to win the Cascadebadge. I really thought this fight would be tougher, with Starmie being Psychic. Then I realized exactly how dominant a level 27 Golbat is at that stage. No problem.

--Got owned by a Butterfree on the way to Vermillion
--Owned a Butterfree on the way to Vermillion.

--Went directly to the S.S. Anne and was caught off Guard by Geki. (How long has it been since I played this?) Forrol was slightly damaged and way low on PP but his power was too much for even Geki's dying Radicate to handle.

--Gave the S.S. Anne capitan a sensual massage. He gave me a CD in return...

--Proceeded to Surge's gym. Again, I thought this fight would be tougher. Raichu did give me a little scare, I was paralyzed, and had to use two super potions (and attempt to use a Rare Candy), before Confuse Ray bought me time enough to get back in the fight, and once Forrol was on the Offensive, Raichu really had no chance.

--Rock Tunnel was uneventful, the Slowpokes were a minor threat though.
--Chose to ignore the Pokemon tower for now.
-- Went and played with a Creepypasta story for a moment. It was fake, but I was afraid something reaallyy bad was about to come out of that grass.

--Crushed Dominated Obliterated Annihlated Erika. Seriously. The scariest part of that battle was Victreebell's eyes. Forrol grew to Lv. 42

--Decided to end tonight on a high note and take down Giovanni. After slapping various grunts around without ever healing, My lv. 45 Golbat took on his Onix, Rhyhorn, and Kangaskhan. I was actually a little overconfident heading into this fight. Onix's Rock Throw only did 16 damage, but the defence of Onix and Rhyhorn was outstanding without anything really to counter it. The actual damage came from moves that weren't type advantagous. Rhyhorns Horn Attack kinda messed me up. Once Kangaskahn came out I thought I had won, but it had better defence than I anticipated. Comet punch didn't treat Forrol well either, but eventually, Forrol proved too much for good defence. This rematch is going to be veeerrry interesting however.

And that's all for now. I'll start taking screenshots instead of video until I figure that out, so that way there is some proof. For now, here's this.
Forrol.PNG

forrol 2.PNG
Old July 19th, 2011, 06:58 PM
wingman11
Solo Runner

Iris is down and out! And in less than a minute. Can nothing stand against the bad-assery of the Metagross? Me thinks not. Onwards to the E4 and N! But first Victory Road. BTW, the music on Route 10 and in Victory Road are both amazing. I knew this since I beat Black version for the first time, but it still stands out every time.

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 20th, 2011, 07:04 PM
wingman11
Solo Runner

Once again, all of the music after the 8th Gym badge in Black/White are frickin' AMAZING. Especially the end credits music and the music that plays on the stairs to N's Castle. I hate that you don't get to hear much of that music. Anyways, beat the E4 and N, watched the end credits, and now I just gotta do it again, except they're more powerful and Alder is there too. WEEEEEEE!

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 20th, 2011, 08:58 PM
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

And in other news. VinceLevi has been proceeding along on his Solo Challenge with Forrol. Let's see how he's getting along. Since his last update;

Spoiler:

-- Cleared the Pokemon Tower rather uneventfully. I mean, reallyy uneventfully. Absolutley nothing to report. In related news, this crazy girl in the Pokemart said she actually SAW the Rockets kill Marowak... Maybe some assistance would have been appreciated.
--Took down Koga. Actually have some Screens of it this time.
Koga Defeated.PNG

Attachment 61361 <-- Scary Moment that.

--Decided to just run through Sliph Co. I thought Giovanni would be fun to fight this time, because I have almost no moves that have a type advantage on him. Disappointed, again. The solo run has been easy so far.

Giovanni Loses..PNG

--I battled Sabrina, whom I truely expected to be Forrol's last challenge. This was the worst fight ever. It took ten seconds to beat a Gym Leader who should have decimated a Golbat.

Sabrina, with a whip.PNG <--- I love the whip, but WHY does everybody use one?

Sabrina Loses..PNG

I'm going to finish the Elite Four before my next update, and begin a run on SoulSilver.

Last edited by VinceLevi; July 21st, 2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:49 PM
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

Well blow me away! Giovanni was the gym leader here! Haha, great line. Quick update, Blaine and Giovanni are eliminato. Going on to the E4 now. Forrol is lv. 69. Probably underleveled for the Champ, but he should shoot up through Victory Road. Update in another hour or so.

Oh, and by the way. This ---> Cue ball in the water.PNG

That was in the water on the way to Cinnibar. I kid you not.
Old July 21st, 2011, 09:08 PM
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

Show's over folks. Loreli proved to be the toughest fight, what with Blizzard. That being said, the E4 is done. I'm moving on to Crystal tomorrow. Here's some screenies for ya.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
wingman11
Solo Runner

After a few hours of training and beating all of the trainers on the East side of Unova, I popped in on the E4 again. And damn were they tough. I had very little trouble where I expected the most trouble (Shauntal and Grimsley) and did well where expected (Marshall), but Caitlin was an unexpected speed bump. The two Steel/Psychic types (her Metagross and Bronzong) were pains in the ass.

Alder, on the other hand, was fairly easy. The only true trouble came from his Volcarona and Escavalier. One being Fire type, the other being a god damn tank. But I beat his somehow, and so ends the final leg of my Metagross USC.

I'm gonna take a little break from this and work on my new fanfiction.I'm gonna do a little shameless advertizing - go read my first chapter here: therewasalinkherebutnotanymoreLOLsorry Reviews welcome! Yeah, nevermind that. I'm gonna take some time to write some more out than what I have before I post it.

Anyways, I'm out for now. Peace!

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by wingman11; July 24th, 2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I did a solo on Sapphire for the Challenge Royale GT8 event, so I'm posting it here.

I used Zen the Swampert.

Final Screens:

Team Jd:

Zen the Naughty Swampert, ♂ - L58 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Strength
Final Stats: 198/180/126/124/104/89

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Nature: Relaxed
Going to do it with Electabuzz starting in LeafGreen working my way to Platinum.
Updates soon.

UPDATE 1.
Current Party;

Buzzy / Electabuzz
Level: 31
Quick Attack
Brick Break
Thunderpunch
Light Screen

n00b / Bulbasaur
Level: 13
Cut
Growl
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

n00b2 / Pidgey
Level: 6
Tackle
Sand attack

-Obtained Bulbasaur from professor Oak
-Defeated Dylan.
-Delivered parcel to Oak.
-Caught Electabuzz.
-Caught Pidgey.
-Grinded in Viridian forest.
-Battle Brock 6 times and lost with Buzzy.
-Grinded Bulbasaur.
-Beat Brock.
-Got through Mt. Moon.
-Buzzy obliterated Misty with his Light Screen and Thunderpunch combo.
-Beat Dylan at Route 24.
-Met Bill
-Got S.S Anne Ticket
-Beat Dylan aboard S.S Anne.
-Obtained Cut.
-Beat Surge

Last edited by TurkishDelight; July 23rd, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Current Party;

Buzzy / Electabuzz
Level; 38
Quick Attack
Brick Break
Thunderpunch
Light Screen

n00b / Ivysaur
Level; 17
Cut
Flash

Vine Whip

-Grinded Bulbasaur to evolve
-Caught Sandshrew, Drowzee, Caterpie, Weedle. Kakuna. Mankey [for flash]
-Went through Rock Tunnel
-Beat Dylan in pokemon tower
-Battled Ericka ->
Pokemon - Leaf Green.png

Old July 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Current Party;

Buzzy // Electabuzz
Level: 52
Quick Attack
Brick Break
Thunderpunch
Thnderbolt

n00b // Ivysaur
Level: 17
Cut
Strength
Flash
Vine Whip

n00b2 // Pidgey
Level: 6
Tackle
Sand Atack
Fly

n00b3 // Lapras
Level; 25
Surf
Body Slam
Confuse Ray
Perish Song

-Invaded Rocket Base in Celadon
-Beat Giovanni
-Got Silph Scope
-Saved Mr. Fuji from Rocket grunts in Pokemon Tower.
-Got Pokeflute from Mr. Fuji
-Electabuzz destroyed Koga, thank god for Shock Wave or Muk would have taken ages.
-Beat Dylan in Silph co.
-Beat Giovanni in Silph co.
-Got Masterball.
-Obtained Hitmonchan from Dojo master.
-
Sabrina.PNG <----Beat Sabrina.
-Got Surf&Strength in Fuschia city.
-Surfed to Cinnabar from Pallet town.
-
Blaine.PNG <----Beat Blaine.
-
With Bill.PNG<----Went to Sevii Isles with Bill.

Buzzy.PNG

Old July 27th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'll do a Koffing run on Yellow and I might turn it into an ultimate.

Old July 27th, 2011, 02:02 PM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Current party;

Buzzy // Electabuzz
Level ;; 58
Psychic
Brick Break
Thunderpunch
Thunderbolt

-Met Celio.
-Ran bikers off of Three island.
-Saved Lostelle from Hypno.
-Lost to Giovanni.
-Got Psychic TM from Mr. Psychic in Saffron city.
-Beat Giovanni, with Psychic he was quite easy.
Giovanni.PNG
-Lost to Dylan!!! Exeggcute’s Solarbeam and Stun Spore combo killed me ()

Buzzy 2.PNG
At level 58 I will have to grind quite a bit to achieve a good level to challenge the elite 4. I will finish my Kanto challenge tonight and update accordingly.

Old July 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Sacr3d Fire
Rock the house with fire

Nature: Lonely
This look fun! I'll do a run with Hitmonlee on Yellow.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here