The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Sleet
Forum Lurker

Nature: Relaxed
Ok, heres the deal. So I got up to Erika's gym when I decided to save, little did I know pressing F1 LOADS, not saves.

To make a short frustrating story shorter, I now have no badges and have a level 6 Cyndauil, so to save doing it all again I'm going to skip onto Crystal.

Obviously, the Ultimate Challenge is pretty Void now. But I was just doing it for fun anyway so whatever.

I'll post my first update from Johto later.

Red Crystal Ruby Diamond White
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:15 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I'll be doing both Emerald and SoulSilver at the same time. :D

For Emerald, I'll be taking Sceptile (starting with Treecko, obviously), and for SoulSilver I'll hack a wild Absol to catch and get rid of the starter.

EDIT

Started SoulSilver between posting and turning in for the night. After getting Cyndaquil, I pulled out the Wild Pokémon Modifier and caught myself a level 5 Absol (nicknamed Sol right now) before I was taught how to catch Pokémon. I saved between meeting Mr. Pokémon and having my first battle with Silver.

EDIT2

Got Emerald started, and Sceptile the Treecko is now level 7 after kicking May's can.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; August 18th, 2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old August 21st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Delcatty123
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Hey (: I'd really like to do this , am I allowed? Anyway I'm going to do it on FireRed with the starters!
First I'd like to do Squirtle (: I'm going to evolve these pokemon, is that alright?
Then Bulbasaur
Then Charamander

I don't know if I'm accepted but I made a log anyway! Here goes nothin'!

Found myself staring into the television :o Again! Was called by the professor when I tried to escape Pallet town! He kindly gave me Hydro my loving Squirtle which my adventure depends on. Shortly after , his stupid grandson challenged me and was pawned by my utter awsomeness , although he had two crits ' I am very unlucky. Soon I set off to Route One, murdering poor Rattatas along the way. Met a very nice lady who presented me with a potion! YES! Grew to Level 7 and learnt bubblebeam!
Then arrived at Viridian Town and saved (:

Last edited by Delcatty123; August 21st, 2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
Ian Watkins
^Is a total tart. X3

I'm going to do a run on Platinum with Staraptor. :)
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
wingman11
Solo Runner

Well, I'm back again to start the final leg of my Nidoking solo run, after moving into my dorm and starting my freshman year. I made quite a bit of progress unannounced here, and I'm already past five gyms and going through Chargestone Cave right now. Pretty crazy stuff. Anyways, just thought I'd drop in and update while I have the chance.
ALSO ANOTHER ULTIMATE SOLO CHALLENGE
Devonshire the Sableye [FR-SS-E-PT-W]

Completed Challenges:

Psycho the Beldum/Metang/Metagross [FR-SS-E-PT-W]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Titan the Nidoran♂/Nidorino/Nidoking [B-C-R-PT-W]
--------------------------------------------
Regular Solo Challenge:
Razor the Drilbur/Excadrill [BLACK]
Beat Team Plasma | Beat Champion Alder
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Venom the Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede [BLACK]
Old August 24th, 2011, 03:22 AM
the :D
<- heracross ftw!

Send a message via AIM to the :D Send a message via Skype™ to the :D
Ahhhh, I remember a while back I did this, did it wrong because I thought I was too cool for grindan', began again and just stopped. That was with Steve the Metagross.

I have decided I will begin anew, only this time -- with a PIDGEOT. Named Tim. Erm... I will do the ultimate run, minus Gen V, because I really don't want to try to find a B/W rom. And then have it run slower than the speed of smell. I'll do... LeafGreen, Gold, Emerald, and Pearl.

I'm starting with LeafGreen, with Tim the Pidgeot. Sign me up guise!

Toodles.

Last edited by the :D; August 24th, 2011 at 03:37 AM. Reason: herp derp
Old August 26th, 2011, 04:20 AM
<- heracross ftw!

*WARNING*
This is a monster update, and it has my whole LeafGreen run with Tim the Pidgeot on it. Monster as in it's really big.

Spoiler:
- Start game
- Oak, really? Do you reaaallly think that I’ve not played this – whatever. Yes, Oak, I’m a boy. And yes, my name is Artem.
- *sigh* Look, he doesn’t even remember his grandson’s name. Senile old coot. It’s Blue, for the record.
- Mfw “Red” and “Ash” both are name options for him...
- Finally start the blasted game.
- “The TV says all boys leave home someday...” The TV??! Since when is that a valid source of information??!
- Ok. Oak is looking for me. I think, and I’m pretty sure here, that’s codeword for “go to the grass and get stopped by him because obviously a level two Rattata is life-threatening.”
- Am I right? Oh, of course I am.

- Finally! I get my starter! Of course, I’m not going to use him much, but hey, free Pokeman, right? I’ll pick Squirtle, so’s to have Blue get Bulbasaur to make my life easier. HM 1 is his name.
- Of course I win. *Of course*
- See Pidgey in grass; IT’S TIM. Wait, no, no Pokeballs. I guess I’ll catch you later (pun intended).
- “Hey! You came from Pallet Town?” Herp. Damn right I did. Let me guess, deliver a parcel? Yoooup. Awesome. I love sidequests.
- Pokedex... Somehow, I don’t think I’ll fill it. Sorry to disappoint. Came with Pokeballs, though, I guess that’s cool. I can get Tim right away.
- “Ha! I’ll tell my sister not to give you a map!” What – an – arse. She gives me one anyways, of course, because I’m cool.
- Right. Time to go get Tim.

- Oh, excellent. Lonely nature. As if his defense isn’t low enough. Boosts attack though, that’s cool.
- Grindan’ time! I’m going to have to obscenely over-level him to beat Brock, though. Rock type, how does it work.
- Oh, speed key; what would I ever do without you. (Tim lv. 11)
- Moving on to Viridian Forest. Get ready, bugs, to get graped.
- Oh, God – this old dude thinks I don’t know how to into catching teh Pokemans. Really? Reeaally?
- ”Found one Pokeball.” Lol’d.
- Oh, these Bug Catchers. Thinkin’ they’re so cool with their bugs. TFW I destroy them.
- Quick Attack? I think so.
- “Do you know that Pokemon evolve?” No. Definitely not.
- Tim evolves at level 18. I’m definitely going to need that extra Attack to beat Brock.
- Ok, I beat Brock’s thug that other dude easily enough, I think that’s a good sign. But his Geodude took out half my health and his other was a Sandshrew so that was probably why.
- ...$50 for a child’s ticket?? What is this, Broadway?? No! It’s a tiny, boring museum!
- Anyways, extortion aside, it’s back to grindan’ like a boss to 18.
- Alrighty, Pidgeotto get! (Tim lv. 18)

GYM BATTLE #1 – BROCK
BoulderBadge GET!

- Get TM39 (Rock Tomb). Real useful, thanks Brock. :/
- Get running shoes from Prof. Oak’s AIDS Aide.
- Plow right through Route 3 trainers; time for Mt. Moon!
- ...MFW Super Nerd with Magnemite... This should be fun. Ha, Quick Attack spam killed him.
- Dandy. Running out of PP, finished off my Potions, and I’m at half health... Beat the dude with the fossils... And I’m out! Yay! But hold up, weren’t Jesse and James supposed to be there...?
- Blue battle #2... Are you serious? I completely forgot about this kid..

RIVAL BATTLE #2

- I think... He mad. Anyways, time for Nugget Bridge!
- Plow through them and that Team Rocket fellow. Aww yeah, nugget.
- *whistles nonchalantly as beats all trainers on following Route* Actually, though, some trainers did give me trouble with their Geodude/Onixs. And Tim actually fainted once. :O
- Mfw Bill says “I’m not joshing you, pal,” while he’s being a Jigglypuff.
- S.S. Anne ticket get!
- Beat Rocket grunt. Tim is level 29.
- Challenging Misty’s gym!
- ...Wow, the Gym trainers sucked. Misty time.

GYM CHALLENGE #2 – MISTY
CascadeBadge GET!

- That was certainly easy. I think that Tim is now officially over leveled, if he can do that? Excellent :D
- Forward to Vermillion!! ...I might not be able to quite do this.
- Board the S.S. Anne... No problems throughout. I think I battle Blue here again though – oh, yeah – there it is.

RIVAL BATTLE #3
(forgot screen cap)

- Tim grew to 35 after beating Ivysaur, and I have a Rare Candy – grand
- Cleared out the rest of the ship and got Cut, but I don’t have an HM Slave... Hmm... Meowth?
- Caught Meowth, called him HM 2, taught Cut. Proceeded to Vermillion Gym.
- Absolutely pillaged Gym trainers. Suddenly I’m less apprehensive of Lt. Surge.

GYM BATTLE #3 – LT. SURGE
ThunderBadge GET!

- Whoops, forgot to screen cap at the right time...
- Route 11... Expecting, having beaten Lt. Surge, no problems.
- Aha... Snorlax. Doubling back to Route 9. It’s their turn to get Tim’d.
- ;_; Need flash for Rock Tunnel... Aaargh, back to Route 2 for it. And I get to catch random Pokemon too, I need 10 Pokedex entries...
- I need five more. This is ridiculous. Ugh. Caught Weedle, Rattata. Caterpie and Pikachu. Oh, and a Diglett.
- *Useless catching spree completed.* I got Flash, taught it to Meowth, and now it’s Rock Tunnel time. Jesus.
- Oh, boy. Running out of PP. My only attacking moves are Wing Attack and Quick Attack... Most of it went to Geodudes and Onixes. Damn. Almost out, though.
- Whew. Lavender Town. I’ve never been glad to see this place, but that Pokemon Center... I really needed it.
- Going west before the Tower... Might as well level when given the opportunity. 45 at this point.
- Celadon City!! Right!! I’m supposed to clear the hideout before the Tower. Ok. That explains things.
- “Don’t touch the poster in the Game Corner! There’s no secret switch behind it!” Priceless. Love this dude.
- Celadon Gym!! It’s Grass!! Excellent!

GYM BATTLE #4 – ERIKA
(forgot screen cap)

- Man, I’m starting to really like Pidgeot
- Team Rocket Hideout time! Oh, they’re gonna like Tim..
- Got the Silph Scope, made Giovanni mad. Ha. Time for Lavender Tower.
- Oh, look. It’s Blue. Charming.

RIVAL BATTLE #4

- Fighting to the top of the tower... No problem!
- When Marowak appeared... Damn, I actually got chills.
- Saved Mr. Fuji. Dandy. Moving on to Fuchisa. Level 51 now, btw.
- And then, suddenly, Fishermen, Fishermen everwhere!
- Wakin’ up Snorlax. Aww yeah. Nobody’s going to sleep in my way.
- Catch him for HM Slavery.
- Aarrrgh, the confusing maze of trainers right before Fuchisa. Damn.
- Beat all of them. And that’s a LOT. Anyways, it’s Koga Time.
- AAAARRRGH. Koga. I HATE your BLASTED INVISIBLE WALLS. Prepare to pay for all the confusion you have wrought upon me!

GYM BATTLE #5 – KOGA
SoulBadge GET!

- AKLNSASFUNOFINSA. KOGA. YOU SUCK... Stupid Muk with its stupid Minimize.
- I hate the Safari Zone. I was literally ONE STEP AWAY from the Gold Teeth, and suddenly – “Ding Dong! I hate you, return to the entrance at once and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!” Same thing with the shack that gives you Surf – was walking up to the person and I was summoned.
- Cycling Road. ‘Nuff said. Straight to Celadon.
- ANOTHER SNORLAX WAT. But I’m killing him, I already have one.
- Now to Saffron. Sabrina + another Rocket HQ. Fuuuuuuunnn.
- Begin frontal assault on Silph Co. Building. Oh, God, this will take a while.
- ...Beat Giovanni, that loser, 20 minutes later. Boy howdy, was he mad.
- Oh, Christ. Blew through Blue (#5) so fast forgot to screen cap or even mention it. It was a 1HKO on everything except Gyarados, which somehow survived and then took a 2HKO. Also, Lapras get; he got boxed.
- Begin Sabrina’s Gym. Oh, man, how I have always hated this place, even worse than Silph, because in Silph, you can just take the elevator out, but in this God-forsaken place you have to take the puzzle all over again to make like a tree and leaf.
- Finally... Made... It... To Sabrina. Ok. Let’s do this.

GYM BATTLE #6 – SABRINA
MarshBage GET!

- Damn, forgot to screen cap at the right time. Again.
- Now to... Cinnibar?? Through a bunch of Swimmers. Yup, this should be fun.
- Tim is level 69... Hehe.
- HOLY CRAP. I hate Confuse Ray. I missed once with Steel Wing, he uses Confuse Ray, and then suddenly, I hit myself EVERY TIME for four moves. WHAT THE HELL.
- I reeeeallly do NOT want to go through the Seafoam Islands. And fight Articuno, etc. I’m going back to Pallet Town.
- Yeah, that was sooo much quicker. Now for the... Pokemon Mansion?? And Sevii Islands? Alright, I’m down.
- Remember how I said I’m down with the Pokemon Mansion? I’m not; it sucks.
- Finally got the Secret Key... Time to challenge Blaine.

GYM BATTLE #7 – BLAINE
VolcanoBadge GET!

- Easy ‘nuff. All 1HKOs, except for Arcanine, which since his and Growlithe’s Intimidate put my Attack at -2, he took a 2HKO.
- Oh, hi Bill! You want me to go... With you... To a private island... That I’ve never heard of... Sure!
- Ok, PWN’d those bikers, rescued Lostelle, etc. Now I’m back in Cinnibar. Time for ??? in Viridian Gym. The mystery Leader is definitely not, can’t possibly be Giovanni.
- Level 74. Not bad, I’d say.
- So it’s supposed to be a Ground-type gym. Battled two trainers, no sign of Ground-type yet.
- HOLY JESUS IT’S GIOVANNI (*faking surprise*)

GYM BATTLE #8 – GIOVANNI
EarthBadge GET!

- All that HP I’m missing? Did he score a few hits, you might ask? No. It was all Poison Point.
- Oh, boy, Blue again.

RIVAL BATTLE #6

- Victory Road. Not victorious. Not a road.
- Aaaargh. Nearly ran out of PP. But I got through in one shot though.
- Alrighty, beginning E4 Challenge. In preparation, teaching Tim Return instead of Quick Attack. He’s quick enough anyways.

ELITE #1 – LORELEI

ELITE #2 – BRUNO

ELITE #3 – AGATHA

- Alright, Lance is really where I’m expecting trouble.

ELITE #4 – LANCE

- Holy DAMN, Return is powerful.
- It’s time for Blue.

RIVAL BATTLE #7/CHAMPION BATTLE

- A final look at Tim -

Other mentions...
HM 1 -- Wartortle -- level 20
- Surf
- Water Gun
- Bite
- I don't even know...

HM 2 -- Meowth -- level 10
- Flash
- Bite
- I don't even know...

HM 3 -- Snorlax -- level 30
- Stregnth
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- I don't even know...

- "The End?!" I don’t think so. I still have three regions to go!!

END OF KANTO SOLO RUN. STARTING GOLD SOLO RUN

Tim the Pidgeot!
LeafGreen! -> Gold! -> Emerald! -> Pearl!

Last edited by the :D; August 26th, 2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:49 AM
gvgisdi
Officially addicted to Crystal

Nature: Quiet
Hm... Has anyone tried it with Magikarp? :D

I'll be doing this in FireRed with Pidgey (unevolved solo run yay). I hope it's okay that I hacked the game to get Pidgey as a starter instead of Charmander.

My first challenge, yay!
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:29 AM
<- heracross ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvgisdi View Post

I'll be doing this in FireRed with Pidgey (unevolved solo run yay). I hope it's okay that I hacked the game to get Pidgey as a starter instead of Charmander.

My first challenge, yay!
:O That's hardcore, dude. it was hard enough with Pidgeot for me. Good luck dude. That's going to be insane.

Tim the Pidgeot!
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM
gvgisdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by the :D View Post
:O That's hardcore, dude. it was hard enough with Pidgeot for me. Good luck dude. That's going to be insane.
Nothing is impossible! I almost beat Brock already. :o But, "almost". At least Pidgey can learn some moves faster than Pidgeotto and Pidgeot.
Old August 27th, 2011, 09:44 AM
wingman11
Solo Runner

Quote:

My first challenge, yay!
Actually, yes, someone has tried and succeeded at a Magikarp solo run. Feast your eyes on this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyross16 View Post
Pokemon ruby
4/22/11
Start challenge, beat rival, caught magikarp (lvl 2) (solo pokemon.) (hacked so that magikarp appears in poute 101 so I can catch and use it for the challenge, then hacked it so that all pokemon on route 101 are lvl 10 magikarp.)
Sped trained magikarp using mudkip, currently magikarp is lvl 11, been to routes 101, 102, and 103.
Caught 2 zigzagoons (pickup ability – rare candies. Fingers crossed.) Magikarp ended day at lvl 11.
4/23/11
Caught another zigzagoon.
Magikarp lvl 15, learned tackle.
Magikarp evolved using 2 rare candies.
Gotten 10+ nuggets from pickup, and other misc items from the pickup ability.
Got hm 01.
Beat Roxanne, got 1st badge.
Beat brawly, got knuckle badge.
Beat may, got itemfinder.
Beat Watson, got 3rd badge.
Gave exp share to zigzagoon 1 to get it to evo and to get it to be able to use strength.
Taught linoone strength, rock break, and cut.
Beat team magma at the mountain.
Beat flannery and got 4th badge.
Beat norman, got 5th badge.
Taught gyarados surf.
Turned off generator.
Beat team magma at the weather research center.
Beat rival with lvl 54 gyarados.
Beat winona, got 6th badge.
Chased the blue and red orbs.
Had the sub stolen then got the masterball while beating the magma base.
Beat the twins, got 7th gym.
Gyarados ended day at lvl 63.
4/24/2011
Caught a tentacool, taught it dive.
Currently 6 pokemon on team, will retire one zigzagoon when at next pokemon center.
Found team magma at the caves, wingul evolved.
Fought maxie, won.
Caught groudon with a pokeball. (yes, a pokeball, not a great, ultra or masterball, but a pokeball.)
Beat wallance, got 8th badge.
Beat wally before exiting the victory road cave.
Gyarados ended day at level 74.
4/25/2011
Beat elite four, used 2 ethers, 20 full restores, 1 hyper potion.
Gyarados is level 77.
Only gyarados was used to beat elite four, full team was gyarados, linoone, pelipper and tentacool.
Unfortunately, it seems as if myrrhman hasn't noticed and didn't add him to the list of champions.

Also, as a miscellaneous note, the tool in this thread is very useful for anyone trying to do solo runs in the fifth generation on a ROM. It's a starter changer for Black and White, so you can edit your ROMs and make the starter whatever Pokemon you want. Just figured this might help people wanting to solo Gen 5 with non-Gen 5 Pokemon. It's what I'm using to get Metagross, Nidoking, and Zangoose into my games.

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
jdthebud
Monotype Master

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman11 View Post
Actually, yes, someone has tried and succeeded at a Magikarp solo run.
I think he meant a pure magikarp solo run. that's a gyarados run.

InfernoRogue has done a unevolved Magikarp run on RBY (along with several others) here.

LeafGreen - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2 (postgame)

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Select Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, on hold
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM
<- heracross ftw!

Quote:
Nothing is impossible! I almost beat Brock already. :o But, "almost". At least Pidgey can learn some moves faster than Pidgeotto and Pidgeot.
What level is he?? Also, when you get to Fuchsia (at some point) be sure to find Steel Wing in the Safari Zone. It will help you immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
I think he meant a pure magikarp solo run. that's a gyarados run.

InfernoRogue has done a unevolved Magikarp run on RBY (along with several others) here.
I'm not sure about in this thread but I've definitely seen someone do it on YouTube in LeafGreen. It was insane, he had to intentionally use Struggle for Agatha.

Tim the Pidgeot!
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:39 PM
.Mini
Graphics Artist

Can I sign up to do a SS Solo run with Scizor? If we don't even have to sign up anymore imma just start then ;3.

Wew, Never done a solo run.

☆ | Click | My Sig | For | My | DeviantArt | ☆
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:01 AM
gvgisdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by the :D View Post
What level is she?? Also, when you get to Fuchsia (at some point) be sure to find Steel Wing in the Safari Zone. It will help you immensely.
She's 29 now, I'm at Nugget Bridge atm.
Old August 28th, 2011, 02:28 AM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
I've been inactive here for a while, I also lost all my save data, I'd like to restart my challenge in these games with Feraligatr! (except Firered, I'll use Charizard)

FireRed - Charizard
Silver - Feraligatr
Sapphire - Feraligatr
Platinum - Feraligatr
Black - Feraligatr

I'll start with Firered and I'll begin to update if this is accepted. :3

Last edited by cazzler; August 28th, 2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:36 AM
gvgisdi

Update number one:

Spoiler:
- Gvgisdi started his Pokémon journey.
- Professor Oak gave him a female Pidgey, Gvgisdi named it Irpa ("irpa" means "pigeon" in Quechua language, I always liked Amerindians for some reason).
- Gvgisdi's rival Melon chose Squirtle.
- Irpa advanced to 6th level after defeating Melon's Squirtle, yay!
- Gvgisdi delivered some parcel to Prof. Oak.
- Oak gave Gvgisdi a Pokédex! Now Gvgisdi is a Pokémon trainer for real.
- Melon's sister gave Gvgisdi a Town Map. That'll be useful.
- Some old man told Gvgisdi how to catch Pokémon... But Gvgisdi won't need this ability too often.
- Gvgisdi trained his Irpa a lot and Irpa's level is now 25 (oh man, that was hard with all those Lv3 Rattatas).

Meanwhile, Gvgisdi battled and defeated Melon when he met him on a road west of Viridian City.

- Gvgisdi and his Irpa defeated Brock!

...and this is the point where I've become too lazy to write detailed updates, so from now on my updates will consist of stuff like "- battled gym leader and won - got a HM - defeated rival - blahblah" and some screenshots.
- got S.S. ticket.
- defeated Misty. I HATE Water Pulse and Recover. >( (I've forgot to take screenshot of getting Cascade Badge. )
- caught Meowth for Cut.
- defeated Melon again.
- got Cut and taught it to Meowth
- defeated Lt. Surge!

If I recall correctly, next gym is Grass-type. That'll be much easier.
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:02 PM
personz5

i dont get what your trying to do xD can you explain in a dumber matter xD
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:14 PM
gvgisdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by personz5 View Post
i dont get what your trying to do xD can you explain in a dumber matter xD
The rules of this challenge are explained pretty well in the first post.

Quote:
1. You beat a game with only one Pokemon. That's why its a solo challenge.
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:18 PM
personz5

Quote:
The rules of this challenge are explained pretty well in the first post.
its the starting pokemon thats the part im getting confused on
EDIT:well this is what im gonna start out with charmander for fire red
EDIT#2:just found a shiny geodude :D

Last edited by personz5; August 28th, 2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:20 AM
<- heracross ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by personz5 View Post
its the starting pokemon thats the part im getting confused on
EDIT:well this is what im gonna start out with charmander for fire red
EDIT#2:just found a shiny geodude :D
First you decide what Pokemon you're soloing the entire game with. Then, if it's not accessible early in the game, you hack it in. Like I'm going to have to do in Emerald

And if it's not a starter that you finally decide on to use, then when you get it you either keep it in your party to just be there (and not to be used), you make it into an HM slave, or you box it. Simple!

Hope I helped.

Tim the Pidgeot!
Old September 1st, 2011, 09:57 AM
wingman11
Solo Runner

One quick update: Nidoking stormed past the last three gyms, the E4 (Caitlin gave me a lot of trouble, though), and N + Ghetsis. Only a little longer until he's ready to take on the E4 and Alder. And then, onward to Zangoose!

Which reminds me, after that, I've been thinking about trying another USC. I'm open to suggestions, but that doesn't guarantee that a suggestion will be the final choice. Don't let that stop you from suggesting anything though, so suggest away!

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:58 AM
97Tarsier
Beginning Trainer

I just found this thread, I've been participating in my own solo challenge, So why not post it here? Pokemon Crystal, Richardo the Charmander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KozQ9RPnYZg

Just defeated Clair and on my way to the E4.

Ps. Charizard is for pussies, Charmander for real men.

Pss. I only cheated to obtain Richardo, nothing else...

Psss. If you don't want to watch the video, Tl;Dr: Slapped a kingdra with some mud and prayed for hax.

Last edited by 97Tarsier; September 4th, 2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old September 4th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Nineray
Green Okido

Name Ameer
Games. in this order Black plt emerald hg fr
Pokemon: Haxourus for black ill think of something for the rest.

Ill use the actully black on ds(ill trade axew from my friends white) (and the rest ill use an emulator)

Last edited by Nineray; September 10th, 2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Nineray
Green Okido

Axew and I destroyed cheren n and team plasma and were on an undefeated streak until we battled Lenora beating her Herdier was a piece of cake then Watchhog would come out and use retaliate or hypnosis and the knock us out. On the fifth try at lvl 26 Axew defeated her Watchhog with a dragon rage we moved onward to the pin wheel forest and plowed straight through Team plasma and defeated them once again only to lose to a gym trainer because of our fear of clowns.

Now We stand at Level 27 Axew Knowing Dragon Rage Dual Chop Slash and Assurance.

Heres how the redo of burghs gym went

We stood weakened but so was he it his last pokemon Levanny Luckily I had Leveled up axew to level 28 and taught it Dragon Claw. We also got the useful eviolite. The rest of the trip went like this

Me: what do you want to do Axew?
Axew:I wanna change my name to Axe.
Me: Fine.
So we did.

we went to the tower were you battle the clerks. We got to the top and the CEO was no other than... THE JANITOR?!? We made quick work of his team when he was defeated him and he told us he disguised himself as a janitor to see how strong trainers were. He then gave us the exp. share (stupid piece of junk if you're doing a solo run D:<)
Lets skip ahead a while ... blah blah blah destroyed bianca blah blah blah cheren didn't last more that 2 minutes N was good practice for elesa Ah Here we go

Elesa

Apparently she didn't train the gym trainers enough because we plowed through them like a snowplow during a light sprinkle. She didn't use volt switch (SHOCKING is it) bad joke aside she went all out using spark and hyperpotions. Her Zebrastrika put up a fight because of its speed it fell to a powerful dragon claw.
blah blah blah battle cheren battled children went to driftveil and knocked team plasma around and saved outside of driftveil gym. Thats were we stand now.

Team: Axe the Rash Axew.
Our motto no hm slaves unless its an emergency!

Edit 1:Nothing much happened besides the fact that I went all out on training to make Axew into a full grown Haxorus!!! :D after that i stoped playing because my fingers got really tired. oh yeah and i beat Clay. like i said nothing special.

Edit 2:I beat skyla and brycen and made it to the top of dragon spiral and back. i have no clue why but i taught haxorux surf. oh yea and i found a shiny litwick. it burns me up that i can't use it. yea being awake at 4:05 am will make you say dumb stuff like that.

Last edited by Nineray; September 10th, 2011 at 01:15 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links