The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 07:30 AM
Shyphonics

Advertise here
Sorry I didn't get this in by February.

Can you add Pokemon X to my challenge?

Shyphonic
Old March 3rd, 2014, 10:57 AM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Well a couple weeks ago I started a Vibrava solo run just for fun, might as well make it official!

Username: Tek
Pokemon: Vibrava
Game: FireRed
Mode: Single

Here's the highlight reel (First Update):
Spoiler:

Picked a Squirtle to carry HMs. Named it Skipper. Hacked in a Vibrava as soon as I could buy poke balls and named it Valens.

Brock's gym: Lv 17. Replaced Bite with Rock Tomb.

Misty's gym: Lv 28. Rival Battle: lv 29. Replaced Sand Tomb with Dig. Replaced Feint Attack with Crunch. Rival battle: Lv 34. Replaced Crunch with Dragonbreath. Got HM01 Cut. Caught a Meowth and named it Lil' Buddy. Taught Cut to Lil' Buddy.

Lt Surge's gym: Lv 35. Went on a catching spree to obtain HM05 Flash and taught the move to Lil' Buddy. Replaced Sand-Attack with Screech. At Lv 42, replaced Rock Tomb with Rock Slide via move tutor.

Erika's Gym: Lv 44. Rival battle: Lv 49.

Used four rare candy. Rival battle at Silph Co.: Lv 58. Battled Giovanni at Silph Co.: Lv 59. Sabrina's gym: Lv 60. Taught Valens Giga Drain and started towards Fuschia.

Valens the Vibrava
Hasty Female Lv 65
Dragonbreath/Rock Slide/Giga Drain/Screech

Skipper the Squirtle
Hasty Male Lv 7
Tackle/Tail Whip/Bubble/-

Lil' Buddy the Meowth
Naughty Female Lv 12
Cut/Flash/Growl/Bite

Nav Man the Fearow
Gentle Male Lv 21
Fly/Leer/Fury Attack/Pursuit

Old March 4th, 2014, 04:02 AM
paragonProtaganist

I know it's a little early for an update considering I only received the Boulder Badge, but I'll post one anyway because I predict this would be the hardest part of the run.

Spoiler:
A young man stands in his bedroom. It just so happens that today, the 19th of March, is this young man's birthday. Though it was seventeen years ago he was given life, it is only today he will begin his Pokemon journey!

Excited and aloof, he ran straight into the tall grass almost injuring himself within the first minute of his adventure. Thankfully, the wise (and slightly senile) Professor Oak stopped him. After the young introduced himself as Variel, Professor Oak introduced his grandson to him. He could not recall his name, so we will simply refer to him as "Rival". To begin his adventure, the Professor gave him a Mareep (which he believed was a Squirtle) which Variel named Lux Lucis. He knew immediately that this was the only Pokemon for him.

Rival was then given Bulbasaur. Eager for battle, Rival challenged Variel to a battle, and Bulbasaur was defeated by a fluffy sheep.

Variel proceeded to Viridian City where he planned to stock up on potions for the long road ahead. The Cashier stopped him, noticing he came from the direction of Pallet Town. Cashier gave Variel a package which was to be delivered to Oak. Upon delivery, Oak gave Rival and Variel the important task to capture every Pokemon in the Kanto region and record them in the Pokedex. Variel knew he would not do this, but kept his mouth shut for fear of breaking Oak's heart.

Variel continued on his journey towards Pewter City where his first gym lied. Little did he know of the dangers of Viridian Forest. The forest was swarming with bugs and Bug Catchers alike. It wasn't too bad... until he encountered Weedle. As Lux Lucis tackled Weedle, the Weedle's horn penetrated his hide and injected him with a powerful poison. Despite Variel's efforts, Lux succumbed to the venom right at the doors of the Pokemon Center.

After reviving Lux, Variel trekked through the forest determined to get revenge on the Weedle (fully stocked on potions and antidotes). He found the Weedle and had Lux quickly dispatch it with an electric shock. Suddenly, much to Variel's surprise, Lux began to change shape with this victory... but stopped due to complications.

Regardless, Variel exited the forest and proceeded to the gym.

It was a slaughter.

Brock, the leader of the Gym primarily focused on Rock Types, which had the Subtype of Ground. Lux sent thundershocks into his opponents' rough hide with no effect, and had to resort to throwing his body into their tough exterior, but before long, Lux was exhausted and out of stamina. He struggled, and through his struggle, he managed to take out Brock's Geodude, but quickly fainted as he tried in vain to penetrate Onix's rock hard defense.

Determined, Variel took Lux out on a training spree, leaving piles of unconscious Ratata, Pidgey, Caterpie, Metapod, WEEDLE, Kakuna, and the occasional Pikachu in their week. It was long, but finally, they were ready to take on Brock again.

This time, the tables had turned. Lux dispatched of Geodude without breaking a sweat, and after growling at Onix, intimidating him so much that he could barely focus on hurting him, did away with him too. It was a long and hard battle, and Lux had barely made it, but although enervated, he did it.

Lux and Variel had earned their first badge.

Sorry that I can't post pictures, still haven't met the minimum post requirement yet. But gosh, at the end of the battle with Brock, Lux only had 1 PP left for tackle and 9 HP. He is currently level 21.
Old March 4th, 2014, 11:57 AM
TeunCornflakes
Unofficial PokéMusic Composer

Challenge:
Spoiler:
Username: TeunCornflakes
Pokemon of Choice: Seabubble (Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise)
Challenge: Ultimate, I guess.
Game(s): Red, Silver, Emerald, Diamond, White, (White 2), X

I'm kind of busy on the moment, so my Ultimate goes somewhat slower now. Anyways, I just defeated Burgh.

Pokémon White screens:
Spoiler:

Noctis is coming.
LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Emerald, Diamond/Platinum, White, Y

Last edited by TeunCornflakes; March 4th, 2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old March 4th, 2014, 12:51 PM
HotChocletyQuilava
Sayounara

Nature: Lonely
Ah, solo run. Haven't done one of these since Crystal. May as well do the same one I did a few years ago.

Username: LucarioPWNS
Pokemon of Choice: QUILAVA
Challenge: Single
Game(s): SoulSilver

♬I am a little bit of loneliness a little bit of disregard
Handful of complaints but I can’t help the fact that everyone can see these scars
I am what I want you to want what I want you to feel
But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you, to just believe this is real♬

Last edited by HotChocletyQuilava; March 4th, 2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Accidental double post
Old March 6th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...

Update #3: Tyranitar - Leaf Green
Another Solo run completed. Like I said before this one wasn't too hard, but I still enjoyed it.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Tiny the Gentle Tyranitar (M) @ Lv.86
Ability: Sand Stream
Crunch
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Shockwave

Update #3: Chesnaught - X
There wasn't much to do in between gyms, so I progressed fairly quick. The next update might be a bit slower as the whole Team Flare - Xerneas thing is coming up.

Team:

Chester the Quirky Chesnaught (M) @ Lv.58
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Lucky Egg
Poison Jab
Bite
Seed Bomb
Body Slam

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Zigzagoon
Cut
(Rock Smash)

Lapras
Surf
Strength

Pidgey
Fly
MC - Yellow - White 2
MT - Normal - X
MT - Steel - Platinum
Persona - Blaze Black

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red - Fire Red, Platinum
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old March 6th, 2014, 07:30 AM
HunterLee2600

I am the TROLOLOL GUY (insert BLANK STARE smiley face here)

Username:HunterLee2600
Pokemon of Choice: Tepig
Game(s):White
Old March 7th, 2014, 10:43 AM
TeunCornflakes

Challenge:
Spoiler:

Elesa was easier than I thought, regarding her type advantage. Anyway, done that.
EDIT: And of course Clay's gym got drowned as well.
ANOTHER EDIT: ...and Skyla was easy too!
YET ANOTHER EDIT: And hell, I've always thought Ice resisted Water.
YET ANOTHER EDIT AGAIN: So hey, I just defeated all the gyms.
YET STILL ANOTHER EDIT AGAIN: I got through Victory Road. I'll probably make a new post when I defeat the Elite Four and Champion, since I have things to talk about and - seriously, this one is going the wrong way..

Pokémon White screens:
Spoiler:

Because everything was decapsed in Generation V, I renamed SEABUBBLE to SeaBubble.

Status after Clay:

Noctis is coming.

Last edited by TeunCornflakes; March 14th, 2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Update
Old March 7th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Jmacc

Here we go
~
first badge

~
Second Badge

~
Third Badge

~
Fourth Badge

~
All I got so far
Gengar AKA Hades: Lvl 52
Lick
Dream Eater
Mega Drain
Hypnosis

Last edited by Jmacc; March 7th, 2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old March 8th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Username: Arceus Whisper
Pokemon of Choice: Tynamo
Game: Black
I hope this will be as challenging as I'm thinking it will be :D

EDIT: Wanted to update before I went to bed so I wouldn't forget
Spoiler:

And so It begins
-Rival battles went T-Wave, Tackle Spam and T-Wave, Spark Spam respectively
-Nicknamed Tynamo 9 Volt
-Accumula town went something to the tune of Spark spam
-As did Route 2
-I giggled when I read this
Spoiler:

-Striation Gym = Spark, Spark, Spark, Spark, Spark..... (I was kinda cheap and replaced Tepig with Tynamo so I could fight the water monkey)

-Picked up pansage for cut purposes
-Caught Woobat for flight purposes
-Caught Tympole for Surf/Waterfall purposes
-After much grinding I pulled out a win against Lenora

That's where I will leave this off for now

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346

Last edited by Arceus Whisper; March 8th, 2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old March 12th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Natnew

you know... if every foe in a 6-on-1 double battle has a supereffective move, it is... hard. REALLY hard. L60 at L45s and still can't do it.
Pichu Solo Run (post-game)
Budew Solo Run
Azurill Solo Run
friend safari: Bug (Paras, Vivilion, Masquerain) FC 2621-2615-8242
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:16 AM
HunterLee2600

TEPIG/EMBOAR SOLO WHITE UPDATE
Spoiler:

My tepig (codename Bacon), has joined my quest for awesomeness in its most pure form.After defeating the first two gyms and N, and getting the Trio and Basic badges, Bacon evolved into a bigger bacon called pignite. After defeating N again I battled the next three gym leaders, getting the Insect, Bolt, and Quake badges in the process. MY bacon then evolved again into an Emboar(biggest BAcon)

Stats:
HP:143
A:103
D:69
SPA:96
SPD:67
SP:72
Calm Nature
Item: lucky egg
Old March 13th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Mega Mawile

Nature: Relaxed
Ok, I've got all 8 badges on my Venusaur run, but I just can't get past freaking LUCIAN!!!!!

Any ideas?

Oh, and while I ponder my defeat at the hands of that stupid- I mean the awesomely powerful Lucian! (he's watching me.... o.O) I guess I'll start a Charizard ultimate.

Username: Feraligatr13
Pokemon of Choice: Charizard
Games: FireRed, Crystal, Ruby, Platinum (AFTER I transfer all my goodies), Black 2, Y (I like doing my challenges on Y lol)

Alright, be back when I find a way to murder that b*tch Lucian I mean get some progress in with Charizard! o.O >:D

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old March 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Jbsundown

Username: Jbsundown
Pokemon of Choice: Typhlosion
Game: Crystal

Completed Challenges:
Legendary Trio: Crystal; Moltres, Lugia, Raikou
Username Challenge: FireRed
Old March 14th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Tynamo Update #2
Spoiler:

-Clear forest of Plasma Grunts
-Made it to Castelia City
-Got this

-Grinded a few levels
-Defeated Burgh

-Beat Rivals on route 4
-Grinded a few more levels
-Beat Elesa fairly easily

That's where I will leave this off for now

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old March 15th, 2014, 12:53 PM
TeunCornflakes

Challenge:
Spoiler:

Pokémon White screens:
Spoiler:

So as you can see, I've beaten the League and became a hero or something. I never played Generation Five before, so I'm just making the journey again as Cheren said. Never thought I would get 1 Exp. when holding a Lucky Egg.
EDIT: Actually, now I've walked around a bit, I have decided not to expand my challenge for Alder. I'm just too curious on how the storyline goes on in White 2. So I am going to start that "single" challenge:

Game(s): White 2

Maybe I will complete White later on, but I think you can count that game as finished.

You know what, this just doesn't work.
I've searched too long for starter and wild modifiers on B2W2, and I'm tired of it. I am going to start my new Ultimate Solo Challenge right now. Bang.
I don't have X or Y, so of course I can't finish SeaBubble's one right now. Maybe, just maybe, I will do that in the future.
Anyway.

Pokemon of Choice: Earthburst (Geodude, Graveler, Golem)
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FireRed, HeartGold, Ruby, Platinum, Black, X

In this one, I'll have to make level-evolutions so that'll take a lot of research too. But as long as I can count on YAPE it'll be fine.

I started FireRed today. I used YAPE to make Graveler evolve to Golem at level 36 and Advance Starter Editor to replace Bulbasaur with Geodude.

Brock was fun, of course. We had just enough PP with Rock Throw and Tackle combined.

I see now I've messed up my save file when I tried to change the starter without those tools. Tried everything to make it better, but that didn't work. After the League I'll have to quit again...

So, hehe, I made the whole Vermillion City and S.S. Aqua tour before battling Misty, just to be sure I'd beat her. That explains why Earthburst evolved twice. I like being overpowered o*~*o Probably the level for evolving to Golem should have been higher, by the way. Maybe I will do that in another way for the next games.

Sorry for the gap at Blaine again, I really thought I had made a screenshot there but oh well.

Pokémon FireRed screens:
Spoiler:

FireRed HM Slaves:
Spoiler:
Piddy the Pidgey, level 18
Tackle
Fly
Sand-Attack
Gust

Ratty the Rattata, level 3
Tackle
Tail Whip
Cut

Lappy the Lapras, level 25
Surf
Strength
Confuse Ray
Perish Song

I wanted to finish FireRed before going to bed, so here you go. I will make a new post when I start the next game.

Noctis is coming.

Last edited by Jak; March 17th, 2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Please don't double post!
Old March 16th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Kostucha

Username: Kostucha
Pokemon of Choice: Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
Game(s): LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, X
Old March 17th, 2014, 09:43 AM
A Shadow's Soul
Extra coated with nice hot syrup!
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
If I played liquid crystal would I be able to count that in an ultimate challenge? It's basically a hard mode crystal with gen 3 graphics and a physical/special split.

~ Shihoko Hirata feat. Lotus - Beauty of Destiny ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~ MyAnimeList ~

Old March 17th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Lihtal
Castle Guard

Username: Lihtal
Pokemon: Jolteon
Game: Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White.
Mode:Ultimate

Lets do dis

Old March 17th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Mega Mawile

Hello, I'd like to say something. To be honest, it's been difficult to get in time to play, with school and other things, and once I beat Lucian with Venusaur (PLEASE PM me if anyone knows what I can do) I think I'm going to put my solo challenges on hold for a little while. I want to be able to put a little more time into doing some monotype challenges; I haven't done any of them in a while. I plan to come back to the solo challenge, just at a time where it would be more convenient; I started PokeCommunity doing the monotype, and I don't want to forget about it. No offense, cya later.

Also, Sairento Tamashii, I would assume that LiquidCrystal would be ok, since it still features Johto (right?), but I wouldn't know.

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old March 18th, 2014, 08:44 AM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairento Tamashii View Post
If I played liquid crystal would I be able to count that in an ultimate challenge? It's basically a hard mode crystal with gen 3 graphics and a physical/special split.
Since Liquid Crystal is really just a remake of Crystal it's perfectly fine for an Ultimate Challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feraligatr13 View Post
Hello, I'd like to say something. To be honest, it's been difficult to get in time to play, with school and other things, and once I beat Lucian with Venusaur (PLEASE PM me if anyone knows what I can do) I think I'm going to put my solo challenges on hold for a little while. I want to be able to put a little more time into doing some monotype challenges; I haven't done any of them in a while. I plan to come back to the solo challenge, just at a time where it would be more convenient; I started PokeCommunity doing the monotype, and I don't want to forget about it. No offense, cya later.

Also, Sairento Tamashii, I would assume that LiquidCrystal would be ok, since it still features Johto (right?), but I wouldn't know.
Thanks for clearing that up while I wasn't able to answer yet. It sucks to see a frequent challenger go but I look forward to your return As for Lucian, I'm going to have to face him sometime soon in my Venusaur Challenge so what I plan to do if he gives me a lot of trouble is get a lot of X-items. X-Sp. Def for sure so he doesn't OHKO me with Psychic all day. That's all that I think would help, besides doing some serious level grinding of course.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Old March 18th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...

Update #4: Chesnaught - X
I beat X a little while a go (the sixth to be specific) and I got a bit too swept up in just playing the game after that, so I kinda forgot to update. I did get a picture this time (yay me), so the screens make a comeback. It wasn't too difficult and I quite like Chesnaught, though his design somehow still really bothers me. This solo run was a lot of fun (see what I did there), but I think I'm gonna keep to gen V and below for a while.

Screen(s):
Spoiler:

Team:

Chester the Quirky Chesnaught (M) @ Lv.97
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Wide Lens
Poison Jab
Hammer Arm
Seed Bomb
Rock Slide

Oh and I already started on my new solo run, I'm actually quite a bit ahead, but I'll post an update on that tomorrow. Here's the sign-up:
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Infernape
Game: Black
MC - Yellow - White 2
MT - Normal - X
MT - Steel - Platinum
Persona - Blaze Black

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red - Fire Red, Platinum
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:56 AM
TeunCornflakes

Spoiler:
Pokemon of Choice: Earthburst (Geodude, Graveler, Golem)
Game(s): FireRed, HeartGold, Ruby, Platinum, Black, X

Pokémon FireRed screens:
Spoiler:

I started HeartGold yesterday, and defeated Falkner today. Of course he wasn't a challenge using Rock Throw.

I used a great, really simple tool called HeartGold Evolution Editor to make Graveler evolve at level 40 this time. As I said, level 36 seemed to be a bit too quick regarding Geodude's evolution level.
Then I searched all over the Interwebs looking for a starter modifier, found nothing, cursed myself, then realized you can catch Geodude at the second Route of the game.

Also I found some weird glitches in the game. I hope they won't stay or make me unable to go on.

Just defeated Bugsy as well. Again, I had the type advantage, so he wasn't really difficult.

And hey, you know what I did? I 2HKO'd Whitney's Miltank. You wanna know how? USING ROLLOUT!

I've defeated Morty (insert exaggerated British pronunciation here) too. And Earthburst just evolved!

...and Chuck

Okay, I don't know what to say all the time in these updates... I've defeated Jasmine.

Pokémon HeartGold screens:
Spoiler:

Noctis is coming.

Last edited by TeunCornflakes; March 20th, 2014 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Update
Old March 19th, 2014, 11:14 AM
HotChocletyQuilava
Sayounara

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioPWNS View Post
Ah, solo run. Haven't done one of these since Crystal. May as well do the same one I did a few years ago.

Pokemon of Choice: QUILAVA
Game(s): SoulSilver
I'm very sorry, but I'll have to change my challenge. I can't seem to find my other copy of SS, and I don't have another DS to transfer my Pokés over to Black with my current copy. I'll have to go and change my rules...
sigh. I really wanted to do this challenge in SS with a Quilava, yo.

Pokemon of Choice: Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Game(s): Black

♬I am a little bit of loneliness a little bit of disregard
Handful of complaints but I can’t help the fact that everyone can see these scars
I am what I want you to want what I want you to feel
But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you, to just believe this is real♬
Old March 20th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Kostucha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostucha View Post
Username: Kostucha
Pokemon of Choice: Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
Game(s): LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, X
Since I can't find out how to evolve Togepi in LeafGreen, can I just hack Togetic into the game?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here