I'm wondering what makes this different from XSE? I'd like to know before I download this.
Anyway, great job, I would never be able to make something like this.
It supports pokescript and xse syntax, has an easy script creator, written in a different language, highlighted different script areas, etc. It's different to a certain extent but sticks to the core script editing stuff which makes it nearly identical to XSE.
Sorry, that I didn't post anything about updates or an eventually release, but I worked on Pokemon Dawn (my other project) the last time. Since this morning, I resumed working on A-Script so there'll be some updates next time.
I love the interface of this thing. And the fact that it supports both of the languages I know instead of creating a new one for me to learn is also attractive. I might try it out, but even if i don't it's still sweet and awesome job.
After a long time not showing up anything, we resmued working on AScript the scond time and redesigned the whole engine. It's now completely object orientated and running much faster then before.
We also implemented a huge plugin system and the complete system uses plugins to debug, format, parse and compile scripts so you can easily add your own section. There'll also be a new GUI with a lot new controls we are proud of and we still got many ideas, that weren't implemented in the last version.
We already made a comparison between the unoptimized ACompiler pre-alpha and XSE and came to the following result:
Advance Compiler: 0,0198 seconds XSE Compiler: 0,581
The Advance Compiler has a speed advantage of about 30 times, which is really good for an unoptimized pre-alpha
haefele will post some screenshots soon, because I'm not able to (I've not enough posts on pokecommunity to post screens...)
We continued working on a executable version of advance script and finally got a little beta set up for you.
We also implemented a completely new user interface and an extremly handy live debugger, which is running a debugging service in real time.
The small but important difference in comparison to XSE is our #text command, that you usually use for text sections. As the text had to fit in one line and had to be seperated using \n in the past, it's now usable as a normal text editor. You can easily add new lines and textboxes like this:
= Hello world\nThis is a new line\pThis is a new textbox.
This is a new line
This is a new textbox
As you can see, it's much easier to handle text inputs in advance scripts, than it was in XSE
Because it's an early beta version, we didn't find the time to translate the interface to english, sorry for that guys.