The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: No$gba Vs. Desmume
No$GBA 281 44.82%
Desmume 346 55.18%
Voters: 627. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:11 AM
DnP
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
you guys know what i found for no$gba, after i save the game without closing the game, it doesnt save?
that is because i have a error box pop out

Beside Desmume is way better, there are wi-fi, dream world entralink

so i perfer desmume

im using wifi on emulator right now. thats my friend code there.

175 no$gba 54%
149 desmume 45%

seriously why people like no$gba

do they even know there is wi-fi in desmume

2nd badge

emulator
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Well the liking of No$ is because... you don't have to pay! xD Okay, that was lame joke =D Anyways, I think most of the voters chose No$ because it's quicker and DeSmuME did not have Wi-Fi feature it has now =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Alwowpal
Beginning Trainer

Well... Desmume actually works for me, and No$ doesn't... So...
Old October 15th, 2011, 08:33 PM
blakfyr999
PWNGE Trainer

Nature: Bold
Have been using No$GA for at least a year now....I say....Desmume. After strolling across this forum discussion, and signing up, I did a little testing on my own. I wanted to see if DSemu really lived up to the review and hype. So loaded with an arsenal of oth DSEmu and No$, I tested three games. SoulSilver, Platinum, White.

These are my computer's specs:

Intel H55 Express Chipset
Intel i3 (1st Generation) 550 (3.2GHz)
4GB (2x2) DDR3 PC2-10600
Intel HD Integrated Graphics

Now, I had spent the last 2 weeks trying to get these games working perfectly on No$! And I made little if any progress on this! I still had some major freezing issues, especially with SoulSilver and White. These ranged from random error messages to simply stopping. like nothing happened. Music still played, even animations continued. But whatever was supposed to happen, never did. Whatever. (And no, saving didn't help at all with the crashing! It would only save when you exited, intentionally.

....So I got DSemu. I loaded White first, and used the main screen of Zekrom as an original test basis. No$ would play it, but up to that point, the bottom screen didn't show Zekrom and his undisputed awesomeness. Indisputable. Anyways, I only got three or so green lines of error-ness. And right there frame-rate halved. (It came back after you loaded your game, though)

...With DSemu. I saw Zekrom. And moreover, it was at 60 fps. So I started a new game, and the first thing I noticed was it started, immediately. After a good minute of crash free playing and tweaking, I actually got it to looking like the DS version by getting rid of the black lining around the battle scene. Awesome. And this went with every other version.

BUT!.....In white, with a standard ROM, EXP was broken. Other than that, still great, and that can be fixed....and I'm workin on it. Someone PM me a solution. Not in the mood for Googling.

Platinum held no to little change outside the lining was gone (YES!), the no more random crashing mid-adventure, and the minor fluxing in the tree line. Also the barely there dots on the floor. Still much better.

As for Soul Silver.....Perfect. Me and Ariga (Chikorita) are so happy LOL.

DSEmu only defects are the holes, and the slow saves, and the White EXP Epidemic. Nothing major. And they update DSEmu more often supposedly. (I wouldn' know, having been using No$GBA 2.6 for a year. I will miss NO$ZOOMER though....

AS for general speed?...tie, but who gives a fig-newton?...OK I do a LITTLE....

So DSEmu FTW

==============
AWESOME UPDATE
==============

I Just got White going with EXP and no crashing (so far) so yeah....DeSemuMe for the world.....yeah....

Last edited by blakfyr999; October 15th, 2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Kikyochanx
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajmon180 View Post
Desmume wins only with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3 - because of save states and possibility for save in-game. For the rest games, No$ is just awesome.
I also think no$GBA is the best route to go with an emulator. I have had little issues with it while using it in-game for Pokemon games or hacks on here. I can use other games not related to Pokemon and it loads and works like a charm.
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Nature: Relaxed
Desmume works better for me.
It can sometimes be slow but that's only if I doing more then 5 things at once.

You have to patch the later Pokemon games with NO$GBA so they don't crash.

So my vote is on Desmume.

But at the end of the day, It's down to personal preference.
Old November 17th, 2011, 08:01 AM
faospark
web Developer

Nature: Adamant
I mean it does not take a lot of time to set up desmume, though it is pretty much RAM dependent. the compatibility of desmume for game cannot be rivaled by NO$GBA. Die Hard NO$GBA fans better re-think. I am once in their league but that was 3 years ago.Desmume has catapulted way beyond No$ gba

"Generating codes from Pokesav Does not earn you a title of a coder!!!
"
Action Replay Code Archive
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:07 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I voted for DeSmuMe because Black and White has an overall nicer graphics on it. All I see is broken lines when there are supposed to be shadows in No$Gba

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old November 30th, 2011, 05:28 AM
BlazingVolt646
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thia12 View Post
No Desmume doesnt support Wi-Fi.
it does it has new option.
Old December 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM
slasherjdc
Slacker

Nature: Hasty
Desmume for sure i can run almost all ds games at 200% speed on it (except black with at 150%)
coupled with its stability it easily wins

UMC-Fire youtube channel
KANTO(red)-Complete
JOHTO(crystal)-Complete
HOENN(emerald)-Complete
SINNOH(platinum)-0/8
UNOVA(white 2(considering volt white 2 on hard mode for challenge))-not started
KALOS(Y)-not started

FC for Pokemon X/Y 2466-2642-4364
Old December 24th, 2011, 08:46 AM
DJYosh
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasherjdc View Post
Desmume for sure i can run almost all ds games at 200% speed on it (except black with at 150%)
coupled with its stability it easily wins
I understand that it's your preference, but from my experience No$ is more stable then Desmume, but it could just be working differently for different people. I chose No$, because trying to play on wifi with Desmume is so obtuse and annoying with my internet set up that I'd rather just play Pokemon online.

Old December 25th, 2011, 08:32 AM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
That's weird. DeSMUME works faster for me rather than No$GBA... Probably my wacky computer since I use a Windows, which is getting pretty old now that I think about it.
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyanic View Post
That's weird. DeSMUME works faster for me rather than No$GBA... Probably my wacky computer since I use a Windows, which is getting pretty old now that I think about it.
DeSMUme is under active development and probably has optimizations slipped in all the time. It's also a whole lot more accurate and bug-free than no$GBA (which seems to be abandoned).
Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Baris_
Beginning Trainer

Does anyone of these support trading with oneself (for evolutions) ?
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
porkiewpyne
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baris_ View Post
Does anyone of these support trading with oneself (for evolutions) ?
Not that I know of. At least not within the same comp and without internet. Don't think Desmume can be used to trade online either. Don't quote me on that though. Haven't really tried to use Desmume's 'wifi' option. In fact, I would love to be proven wrong about that
Old January 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Shadowed Team
Kanto/Johto Pokémon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadowed Team Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowed Team
That's a hard choice. No$GBA run smoothly, but crashes too much. DeSmuME runs to slowly, but doesn't crash at all. I first used No$GBA to play Pokemon SoulSilver, but after Ecruteak City, it would crash after I saved and crash when I tried to open it. I then download DeSmuME and played from there. It is a bit too slow, but I adjusted the settings and now, it runs okay...(Just a few slow moments.) In saying that, I would vote for DeSmeME by a photofinish.
"I’ve been waiting for you. I knew that you, with your skills, would eventually reach me here. There’s no need for words now. We will battle to determine who is the stronger of the two of us. As the most powerful Trainer and as the Pokémon League Champion… I, Shadowed Team the dragon master, accept your challenge!"
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:25 AM
pokejohn01
Beginning Trainer

i have desmume and it works with pokemon white but no exp. but the rom works good and with exp on the ds.
so is there a fix for this as i have seen fixes for roms but my rom is good
Old January 10th, 2012, 02:00 AM
pokejohn01
Beginning Trainer

does anybody respond to these.
and i go to make a new thread and it will not go up untill a mod has looked at it.
that was a few days ago.
Old January 11th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokejohn01 View Post
does anybody respond to these.
and i go to make a new thread and it will not go up untill a mod has looked at it.
that was a few days ago.
What the heck are you talking about...? o.O
I have absolutely no idea what you just tried to write :D

Old January 11th, 2012, 04:23 AM
pokejohn01
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

What the heck are you talking about...? o.O
I have absolutely no idea what you just tried to write :D
sorry if it did not make sense.
i made a new thread and after i created it a screen came up saying that it wont get posted until a mod has looked at it.
all i can do is just post in something that is already there like this thread for instance.

edit: here is the message i get
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

and it never gets posted.

Last edited by pokejohn01; January 11th, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:45 AM
pokejohn01
Beginning Trainer

i need some help with this no exp thing.
my rom works fine but the emulator desmume wont give exp when playing pokemon white on it.
if i play it on the ds i get exp, so there is nothing wrong with the rom and i dont need to patch the rom

ok problem solved. i found a action replay code for the xp problem and now it works

Last edited by pokejohn01; January 12th, 2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 13th, 2012, 12:04 PM
faospark
web Developer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokejohn01 View Post
i need some help with this no exp thing.
my rom works fine but the emulator desmume wont give exp when playing pokemon white on it.
if i play it on the ds i get exp, so there is nothing wrong with the rom and i dont need to patch the rom

ok problem solved. i found a action replay code for the xp problem and now it works
I would go out of topic for this reply but here it goes there is another to go over the exp and that is by patching it using dicastia

"Generating codes from Pokesav Does not earn you a title of a coder!!!
"
Action Replay Code Archive
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:42 PM
emeraldJmac
Legend of Generations

Nature: Serious
I've had both No$GBA and Desmume, and Ironically DesMuMe ran better with less issues than No$ did... Of course, I did some tweaks to DesMuMe to help it out xD. All the DS version games worked great on it, hardly any lag, unless I had itunes open or something. My computer is a dual core running 2.1ghz with 3 gigs RAM, so computer wouldn't be too much of an issue for either emulator.

Last edited by emeraldJmac; January 26th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldJmac View Post
I've had both No$GBA and Desmume, and Ironically DesMuMe ran better with less issues than No$ did... Of course, I did some tweaks to DesMuMe to help it out xD. All the DS version games worked great on it, hardly any lag, unless I had itunes open or something. My computer is a dual core running 2.1ghz with 3 gigs RAM, so computer wouldn't be too much of an issue for either emulator.
It's not exactly ironically, it's pretty usual :D

Old January 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM
emeraldJmac
Legend of Generations

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

It's not exactly ironically, it's pretty usual :D
Lol thanks for re-wording that better, although I said ironically due to the majority of peeps I know think No$ is better compared to those who use DesMuMe

Sponsored Links

Advertise here