The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:41 AM
NikNaks

Nature: Jolly

Pokémon Eon is a fan-game developed in RMXP using poccil's Essentials kit. It's set after the events of RSE in the region of Hoenn and a new region of Dinso, which is found to the north-west of the main island. It's based on real Japanese geography, to boot.

Hoenn is back! Rediscover a classic region 5 years on!

You play as Aiden or Amber, who's been growing up in Areca Town, East Dinso. One day, after a chance encounter with a Carvanha, the local Professor Palm gives you a Pokémon, and sets you up with an opportunity to explore the world, just as you'd dreamed. Along the way, you'll meet old favourites from Hoenn, and a new cast of characters, young and old, who we hope will provide you with an engaging experience that goes beyond the simplistic stories of the official games.

On your travels through East Dinso, Hoenn and finally West Dinso, you'll run into shady characters, who, you're told, are under the command of Maxie, the ex-head of Team Magma. Unlike Archie, who has mellowed after his defeat to Brendan, Maxie has gone off the rails and wants, among other things, revenge. As the authorities, bribed by Maxie, ignore and hinder your attempts to foil his schemes, it's left to you and a band of young trainers to finally stop him. You're helped by Mina, a girl who lives to support you and will you to the ends of the earth, Ray, a man of the shadows who has an array of questionable contacts but still tries to do the right thing (when there's something in it for him, at least), and Adelle, a friend of Ray who always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

But why should these four be the ones to save the day? Well, our game focuses on the themes of faith, chance and fate. Perhaps it was just good fortune that they all met? Or maybe it was divine intervention? Throughout your travels, you'll gradually start to piece together the complex puzzles of why and how things are happening, harking back to when Archie and Maxie were boyhood friends. Slowly but surely, the mystery unravels itself. Or does it? You'll have to play and find out.

The Dinso region, alongside Hoenn

With exciting and vibrant new tilesets, Hoenn's received a well deserved facelift from The Dewitty

Back in Hoenn

Play as brand-new characters and battle old favourites!

Roxanne, Brawly & Flannery by The Dewitty

Miles, Mirabella, Teresa, Kerry, Taki, Stella & Ceros by lx_theo

Aiden & Amber - the player characters - by lx_theo

Use the brand new interface and Pokénav!

The beta menu*

And much, much more!

Where am I?

The Team
Management
NikNaks - Team Lead
PokemonPlat(i)num - Lead Mapper & Assistant Team Lead
lx_theo - Lead Spriter, Musician & Assistant Team Lead

Artists
defno
Dr. Octogonapus (Toonie/Elaynii)
ForeverRed (Red Gyrados)
GameArtistOlivier
Rashoumon
SlimShady
You? We're hiring spriters and concept artists. PM for details

Writers
Raikt
T3h Kaiser

Scripters
venom12

Credits
poccil & many others for the starter kit
The Dewitty for a whole host of artwork and the original game
Karel_Kazuki for various suggestions
Zurr for the banner
Dr. Octogonapus for the logo design
F.M.P. for occasional sprites and tips
tImE for mapping and other tidbits
Rhy-Rhy for badges, lots of ideas and a few bits of miscellanea

*Littleroot map slightly out of date

----

Now that we're in the Showcase again, we're going to be putting Project Lazarus into action, with a week long update fest, featuring a whole host of new and exciting features, sprites, artwork and plotlines. Stay tuned!

Last edited by NikNaks; September 2nd, 2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:26 PM
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.

Nature: Sassy
Post reserved for my own updates

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

Old August 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM
dudleyspud
Beginning Trainer

Great to see the game back in the games showcase! I hope to see updates on the features being worked on soon! :D

Old August 14th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Poison Master
Poison'd You.

Looks nice... I hope to see you finish it !
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

Awesome. It's moved to the showcase section. Goodluck, i'll be checking in and out.
Also, I think you should go for a lighter grey for that intro. It clashes with both the hero and heroine's hair too much. Just my opinion. ;/
btw. ok cool
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:42 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
looks good, I kind of like how you hyped the story btw
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Melvern
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Melvern
wow great its back xD i will keep watching this thread *Bookmarks*
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:07 AM
ConCept
Foreigner Productions

Nature: Calm
Great sceens, very detailed graphics. so far, it looks like a promising story which I would like to follow.
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:20 PM
austy14
Cannibal

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to austy14 Send a message via Yahoo to austy14
That looks beautiful! Forgive me for my underknowledged question, but when this comes out, what would I use to play it? Sorry, I'm new to roms and stuff...

Old August 15th, 2010, 07:24 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
^ its not a rom and you use the RGSS player that comes with RMXP so just download RMXP, the trial version will work and you can play
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:58 PM
darkgaara
Beginning Trainer

this is going to be epic im going to love this game
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:58 AM
V0RT3X
Scientist at fluid dynamics

Nature: Bashful
Awsome, august emerald lives on !!!

Old August 17th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Looks great, love the new screens. But howcome on DA Dew is saying he's taking over August Emerald again?

Demo Beta out Now!

Old August 17th, 2010, 03:25 AM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ForeverRed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
But how come on DA Dew is saying he's taking over August Emerald again?
Dew's August Emerald is well, to put it into easy words... 'Not this August Emerald'

Dew's game is changed his 'August Emerald' to 'Eternal Emerald' if you haven't read his journal.

Pokémon Ammolite

Might return, don't take my word on it.

DeviantArt
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:24 AM
cedrickaga
Beginning Trainer

its so nice to see that there are more and more people who are making their own pokemon version but i wish someone finished making their game because there are lots of makers who ddnt finish what they are making lol.
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Orangturttle
Magikarp MASTER!

Send a message via AIM to Orangturttle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Orangturttle Send a message via Yahoo to Orangturttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrickaga View Post
its so nice to see that there are more and more people who are making their own pokemon version but i wish someone finished making their game because there are lots of makers who ddnt finish what they are making lol.
That's why I'm not anouncing my game publicly till I finish.. ;D

Old August 17th, 2010, 08:37 AM
NikNaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
Awesome. It's moved to the showcase section. Goodluck, i'll be checking in and out.
Also, I think you should go for a lighter grey for that intro. It clashes with both the hero and heroine's hair too much. Just my opinion. ;/
btw. ok cool
That's a good spot, actually. We have plans to change the entire intro at some point, so I'll try to remember to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Looks great, love the new screens. But howcome on DA Dew is saying he's taking over August Emerald again?
As Red has already said, Dew is restarting the old August project under a new title. He left the team a week or two ago because he felt we'd changed too much and we weren't making the same game any more, so he thought he'd start again. Which I think is fair enough

----

Thanks for the positive response, everyone! We'll be putting Lazarus into action from Monday next week (23rd August).

Also, if anyone's interested, we are still accepting applications for pixel and concept artists. Contact me if that's something you'd like to do!
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Orangturttle
Magikarp MASTER!

Send a message via AIM to Orangturttle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Orangturttle Send a message via Yahoo to Orangturttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNaks View Post
That's a good spot, actually. We have plans to change the entire intro at some point, so I'll try to remember to do that.

As Red has already said, Dew is restarting the old August project under a new title. He left the team a week or two ago because he felt we'd changed too much and we weren't making the same game any more, so he thought he'd start again. Which I think is fair enough :P

----

Thanks for the positive response, everyone! We'll be putting Lazarus into action from Monday next week (23rd August).

Also, if anyone's interested, we are still accepting applications for pixel and concept artists. Contact me if that's something you'd like to do!
Oh! I see, it's phases are based off the Holy Bible?
Or... errr, the names?

Old August 17th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
I'd like to point out that the Carvanha in the first 2 screenshots looks like it's hovering above the water instead of swimming in it.
The other screenshots look good.
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Rhy-rhy
Beginning Trainer

I can do a bit of concept art for you Niknaks :D
And btw can you put me in the Credits as I did help quite a bit (i'm Zephyr) :D
I wouldn't be a permanent fixture, but if you need designs quick, use me as back-up :D
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
NikNaks,You guys were the stepping stone I needed to get better.

I commend you guys for that.

I can't wait to see the demo, though I hope you guys didn't change to much from what I expect in the story xD.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old August 19th, 2010, 03:10 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

August Emerald izz back! I can't wait for the demo

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 19th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Kid Ghandi
Ninja Squirtle

Nature: Adamant
I'm happy to help with any mapping you might want to have done. Just send me what you've got and put me to work (Do it via PM, put an attachment on it or something that can't be viewed by the public)
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNaks View Post

As Red has already said, Dew is restarting the old August project under a new title. He left the team a week or two ago because he felt we'd changed too much and we weren't making the same game any more, so he thought he'd start again. Which I think is fair enough

----

You know if you ever need some pixel art I'd be glad to help you. Just not trainers....I can't do people well.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
NikNaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangturttle View Post
Oh! I see, it's phases are based off the Holy Bible?
Or... errr, the names?
Er... no xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
I'd like to point out that the Carvanha in the first 2 screenshots looks like it's hovering above the water instead of swimming in it.
The other screenshots look good.
Good point. I'll add a splash effect if I remember.

------

Well, I said I'd start today, so... here we are! Today's update is a small one, and for those of you with a short attention span, you're probably going to hate it. It's an introduction to a new, yet-to-be-drawn-and-stuff character, who isn't even alive when the game is set.

His name is Stoke. Although, you might know him as Mr Moore. No, he's not the happy, artsy, tricksy guy from the anime, but a cold-hearted fire-breathing gym leader. One of the old, strong, traditional leaders of Hoenn. Under his command, Lavaridge was among the most formidable challenges in the land, and remained so until Juan grew in power and eventually overtook him in skill. He was a family man, in so much as he had one. But his son was never really loved in a normal sense. He was moulded, perhaps sculpted would be more apt with the abuse he suffered, into what Stoke hoped would be a trainer to rival the best in the land, and even the world. He wanted to breed a champion.

Despite this cruelty, his public image was mellower. He was good friends with Briney, a renowned water trainer and sailor, who was a master of the ocean, much as Stoke was a master of land. Although their obvious differences seemed a hindrance, they were almost the opposite; both saw a chance to gain knowledge of something alien to them. They shared something, though, in that the captain had a son, too. The two boys grew up alongside each other, and, like their fathers, were opposites, and yet the same. Briney's son was never intended to be a trainer; far from it. Instead, he saw him as the one to carry on the age-old tradition of fishermen that his ancestors had done before him.

Neither boy was too keen on being forced into their respective futures, and in a moment, their lives were changed. Their lives intertwined. Their futures rewritten. The day that two men, two boys and two majestic Pokémon met by a riverbank changed Hoenn for good. Blink, and you'd have missed it. But when Maxie and Archie saw the power, the fame, the glory that awaited them if they could harness such immense power, they knew their destiny. They knew that they had to get it. Whatever it took.

Sponsored Links