The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:55 AM
NikNaks

Nature: Jolly
No takers for Stoke? That's a shame...

Also, sorry for the double post, but I promised an update a day, and I didn't want to have to wait for someone else to butt in. So, here goes.

----

More miscellanea today! Here are the Dinso badges, in DPPt style, courtesy of Rhy-Rhy:

And here's what we're going to be working on. Eventually, all of these badges will spin like this one:

And finally, here's an updated region map, showing off both Hoenn and Dinso:

Please, feel free to comment, or moan about how terrible these updates are. xD Any input is appreciated.
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Alamos
Team Plasma Leader

Maps look great, just got one question you have to beat the dinso region to get to the hoenn correct?

IGN: Dusk
My Shop For Trading:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232598
Always use this FC:3696 5584 0490
Pokemon Chat Site: http://pokemonfannetwork.tk/
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:34 PM
NikNaks

Nope. It goes East Dinso -> Hoenn -> West Dinso.

----

Honestly, I'm not loving the apathy here, but I'll keep posting these updates, whether you like them or not. For today, I'm introducing the water starter line.

Toriono, Olorain & Irigelle

Artwork by lx_theo and Rashoumon. Tomorrow, we'll be showing off some Hoenn stuff. Stay tuned...
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
The updates are cool Niknaks, but those Water Starters could do with a bit of a work. For a start, they don't look like a singular pokémon line, they look non-Pokémonish and very seperate. The sprites themelves could also be worked on a bit - The shading and lineart is off in places. I hope that isn't too harsh, because y'know I love this game Niks and I want it to be the best, and those Water Starter's just don't cut it when I think how much better they could be.

Looking forward to more, Ricee.
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:01 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNaks View Post

----

Honestly, I'm not loving the apathy here, but I'll keep posting these updates, whether you like them or not. For today, I'm introducing the water starter line.

Artwork by lx_theo and Rashoumon. Tomorrow, we'll be showing off some Hoenn stuff. Stay tuned...
Are the water starters part filying too?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:17 PM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy

Nature: Adamant
Yeah, the color change makes them look seperate.
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
It feels as though because they're three different water birds(Seagull,Duck,and Flamingo), they don't flow.If you could, try to ask who is spriting to make the Pokemon a little more like the Duck.If you've seen Tom and Jerry,I'd ask you to make the final evolution look like the dad duck. or this picture right here. http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/e5aVY4PFFGc/default.jpg

and the middle one can be an improved look of Donald Duck or something. THat could be a line.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:40 AM
nimmy23
Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
Dew's August Emerald is well, to put it into easy words... 'Not this August Emerald'

Dew's game is changed his 'August Emerald' to 'Eternal Emerald' if you haven't read his journal.
Dew only said that because you he said you NikNaks changed the name into Eon Emerald
Old August 27th, 2010, 11:30 AM
NikNaks

Thanks to venom, we've got a whole host of new scripts, so today, here's a preview of our menu. This is coded and working in-game, so you can expect it to look just like this when you play it. No mock-ups involved. :D Spoiler'd for size.

Spoiler:

Old August 27th, 2010, 12:58 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
Quote:

----

Fakemon in an emerald remake?
I'm so playing this (when the demo is released of course )
I feel like I've seen this family of Pokemon somewhere before though...
Old August 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
DialgaPalkiaGiratina
Kudos to zappyspiker

Quote:

Spoiler:

Er...Why is there a person the roof of that house?
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:16 PM
help-14
Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to help-14
Ah, i know this menu, it like the one in Tomb Raider: Underworld ~.~
Old August 29th, 2010, 02:20 AM
T3h Kaiser
Jovial Fool

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
I feel like I've seen this family of Pokemon somewhere before though...
That's because you probably have! They were the Water starters of my old project, Pokemon Zirconium.

I'm helping out NikNaks on August Emerald as well. Since defno, one of Zirconium's old artists, is also on the August Emerald team, we decided to reuse some of the old Fakemon designs we had made for it. Better than letting them go to waste!
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:33 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

^Ah yes *checks old thread* I was quite the Zirconium fanboy back in the day, I'm really excited that your helping write it kaiser, hopefully the plot will be as good as Zirconium's I would give an arm to write for this game.

Anyway good luck guys, I'm sure this game can suceed!
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Rashoumon
negima ruined my life

As a note to all who are complaining about the water starters: I made the first one, and LX made the last two. I have yet to redo LX's sprites with my own edits/remakes. (He's a much better trainer spriter. :P )
Old August 30th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Powerflare
Pokémon Trainer N

Nature: Rash
This project looks amazing! I couldn't find any links to this project on any forum for a while so I'm really excited to see how well its doing.

"... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..." -Red

Pokémon Black Version || Pokémon White Version

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

I think you should keep the styles for the starters consistent as the rest of your other sprites. It'll look more clean in my opinion.
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Tranitar
Working on Pokémon Wraith

Nature: Calm
AAAAAAH!@#!@$#!@#!@ looks epic!!! but you tease me with no Beta Downloads!!!!
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:13 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Are you using a script for the spinning badges? If not, you probably should. Also, add some lighting to the spinning animation; at the moment, the direction it's spinning in is very ambiguous.

Here's something I whipped up in a few minutes; I haven't tested it yet, so it might have a bug or two.
Code:
badge_sprite.ox = badge_sprite.width / 2 #sets the sprite to rotate around the centre, not the left side.
angle = (frame * 2 * Math::PI) / max_frame # gets the angle of the sprite in radians.
zoom_x = Math::cos(angle) # circular motion uses sin or cos; I chose cos because it starts with the badge facing the viewer. Ranges between -1 and 1.
if zoom_x > 0 # if zoom_x is positive, the badge is facing towards you; if it's negative, it's facing away.
  badge_sprite.bitmap = front_bitmap 
else
  badge_sprite.bitmap = back_bitmap
end
if (((frame * 4) / max_frame) % 2) == 0 # This is a bit tricky; we need it to be shaded dark in the first and third quarters of the animation, and light in the second and fourth.
  badge_sprite.color.red = 0
  badge_sprite.color.green = 0
  badge_sprite.color.blue = 0
else
  badge_sprite.color.red = 255
  badge_sprite.color.green = 255
  badge_sprite.color.blue = 255
end
badge_sprite.color.alpha = 128 - (zoom_x.abs * 128) # Sets the alpha of the shading colour; zoom_x.abs is the same as zoom_x but disregards the sign (so a negative value becomes positive).
badge_sprite.zoom_x = zoom_x # Finally, sets the sprite's zoom_x. A negative value (when the back is shown) should flip the sprite; if it doesn't, then either flip the image of the back, or set badge_sprite.mirror.
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:18 AM
Chaos Uxie
Spreading Chaos....

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chaos Uxie Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos Uxie
WOW This Awesome i really got sad seeing auguast emerald thread closed but i am reilived that auguast emerald aint dead and man i must say that ur as good as dewitty or better and the game is going great Sure hope it doesnt stop in the middle like other games i know T_T.and here is a support banner i know it isnt that good but am a total noob lol hope u will accept it niknaks

Last edited by Chaos Uxie; September 1st, 2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:01 AM
NikNaks

That support banner is nice enough, but unfortunately it's not that useful to us now. As, after weeks of discussion and thinking, we've decided to change the name. Not to distance ourselves from the original game, but from Emerald. Enough people think this is a remake, and it isn't. It's a sequel, and, as such, it's a distinct game. So now it's got a distinct name.

New logo by defno

To go along with it, we've got some beautiful pixel art from Conan Edogawa that we'll be using as our title screen:

That's right, the game's mascots are the Eon duo. No prizes for guessing why we chose Eon as the new name. xD

We've also moved away from Planet Development after a long and happy stay there due to a few connection issues, so visit us at our new site [link removed].

Last edited by Guy; September 1st, 2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:51 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

AMG EON VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's looking pretty sweet, guys.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:44 AM
Tranitar
Working on Pokémon Wraith

Nature: Calm
Please hurry up and get a demo!! I cant wait much longer this looks waaay to epic
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:07 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranitar View Post
Please hurry up and get a demo!! I cant wait much longer this looks waaay to epic
asking for betas=against the rules
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:19 PM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
I wasn't sure when you wanted to showcase that, I never expected it to be the title screen. If you need any more work from me don't hesitate to ask.

Sponsored Links