The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room

Notices

The Team Room Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Old August 20th, 2010, 09:43 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Team Pirate

Hello, I am Teejermiester (you can call me TM), and this is my first and only hacking team (That I own). When I started hacking about six months ago, like most people I thought that I could make a (Good) hack on my own. Turns out that you can't. So, I am trying to make a hacking team, to help me reach my vision, and afterwards make some very good hacks together.

Therefore, that is why I want Team Pirate (A fitting name, don't you think?) to join. It is open to anyone who can hack, even amatuers, so we all can learn how to hack better and become a good team, growing together in our hacking skills.

This team will hack only fire red.

Here is the banner, credit goes to Pepito1010:

Updates:
-Mappers REALLY wanted
-If we can get a good fakemon maker, we'll make a couple new legendaries. If not, we won't. We can just use groudon and/or some others. I was hoping for a ground/dragon type legendary, but Groudon will do.

Current Projects: Pokemon Petra (Fire Red Hack)
Finished Projects: N/A

Our first hack will be Pokemon Petra. A hack that I was working on, but failed and so will be re-made by this team. Here is the storyline:

Spoiler:
You are a ten year old boy going to do an errand for your mother. On the way out of your home town, Prof. Kran aks you to do an errand for him too. In payment, he'll give you a pokemon. So, you go to the next town, and pick up a package for Prof. Kran. After you do that, you decide that you should take the pokemon league challenge.

After beating the first gym leader, you find a secret hideout in a cave, mining and shipping mysterious red crystals to somewhere. The people there battle you, and you find out that their name is Team Eben, and they use rock type pokemon. What they were doing is unknown, and their work seems to be done, considering they all run off.

You are told by the police that a organization known as Team Eben has been looting houses and holding people captive. They are also illegally mining expensive minerals. You tell the police that you have met them before and vow to put an end to their crimes.

After beating the second and third Gym Leader, you find another hideout in a large city, covered up by a special mart that sells awesome battle items (for high prices). This one is also shipping the same red crystals, but seems to be getting them from somewhere else, not mining them. When you beat the person in charge here, they drop a card key.

(Somewhere in here, you battle the fourth gym leader)

You find yet another hideout enclosed deep in a cave, gaurded by numerous grunts. When you reach the bottom, you find a decently sized room filled with equipment and running machines that seem to be mining the red crystals.. You battle a couple grunts and the person in charge. The people in the mining room then run off, and an old man they had held captive gives you a pass to allow you through checkpoints run by the police to catch criminals.

You find out more about this mysterious Team Eben, and how they are selling these rare crystals called Cumulon to a foreign region to fund some sort of plan.

After beating the fifth and sixth gym leaders, you come across one more hideout hidden in a secret alcove. This hideout seems to be the head facility, because there is a shipping plant, a mining facility, AND many offices. At the bottom, you meet the leader of Team Eben, Thomas. He explains more about Team Eben's plans to mine into the mountain and capture the sleeping "spirit" to allow them to... Just then an earthquake happens, and Thomas dissapears.

You leave the hideout only to discover from people that the earthquake was caused by many lava flows inside the mountain, that are occuring for no known reason. You decide to investigate Team Eben's plan.

After you beat the seventh gym leader, you find a cave that looks unnatural, like it was drilled out. You go inside it, to find a bunch of lava flows, large rocks, caverns, and... Team Eben. This was what Thomas was talking about. You get to the bottom of the cave to find Thomas and his three Admins, trying to awaken the sleeping spirit with an orb made from the crystals. You battle the three Admins, and then Thomas. After you defeat them, Thomas tells you the whole story. Team Eben used to be a cult that worshipped Groudon, the spirit and gaurdian of the island/mountain. After decades of private worshipping and studying ancient legends, they uncovered an ancient legend stating that Groudon would one day awake. If Groudon was not controlled, the Xephos region would sink into the sea, and the natural balance of life in the other parts of the world would be disrupted.

O DANG, TEAM EBEN WERE THE GOOD GUYS.

Groudon then awakes, knocking everyone but you out. you then battle Groudon, and defeat it. When Thomas and the others wake up, you are congratulated and sent on your way. You then are able to beat the final Gym Leader, and the Elite Four.

On the way through the game, you meet many people that re-occur many times. (Just unique pokemon trainers, really. I was thinking about four.)

After you beat the Elite Four, you are able to go the the region Team Eben was shipping Cumulon to: Pixus. This region is an archipilago (bunch o' islands) and features many more pokemon and side quests, as well as a floating city, the three birds, a new legendary, and a main quest that involves Team Eben. However, now they are on your side. Or are they?

If you guys have any more ideas for this hack, please tell. BTW, here's the basic info on the region:

Spoiler:

This hack takes place in the Xephos Region, a mountainious island supposedly risen out of the sea by a "legendary spirit". *cough*groudon*cough*. There are numerous caves, as well as beaches, mountain passes (duh) and some cliffside roads. The town that you start out on is on the second level of the mountain, there are four. (1=beaches, 2=cliffs + a couple valleys, 3=higher cliffs+flats before the fourth level, and 4=peak)

Once again, If you have a problem with this, please do tell.

If you want to join, please fill out the form:

Username:
Nickname:
Position Wanted:
Proof of Work:
Contact info:
Time on PC:

This is the positions list (red = really not needed, yellow means kinda needed, but isn't necessary, and green means REALLY needed.)

Scripters
Mappers (needed very much)
World Mappers (first priority, PLEASE JOIN!!!!!)
Spriters
OW Spriters
Music Composers/Inserters.
Inserter/Indexers
Tile Makers/Inserters
Item Editors
Other Graphics Editors (Titlescreen, Intro, Bag, Etc.)

Current Members:
Teejermiester: Leader and General Helper
Pepito1010: Banner maker (and possible mapper/spriter )
Sean777: Mapper
Rickk12345: Scripter
Tower Tycoon Palmer: Scripter/OWer
Bosaap: Scripter
Leareth2: Scripter

Btw, I can make the progressing hack/hacks showcase thread when we get going

PLEASE JOIN!!! WE NEED YOU!!!

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||

Last edited by teejermiester; August 25th, 2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: adding
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:48 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Maybe if I made a banner for the hack, people will be more likely to join.... Well, here it is:

Yeah, my computer is really screwed up, and it has a virus. My dad is taking it to his guys, but I'm not sure how long it'll be until I can hack again. I can still talk and chat, but someone else is going to have to get the rom and do most of the hacking. I can tell you what to do, though. I should be able to hack again by the end of the week, but no promises.

Hey, We're starting mapping now, so any mappers are pretty much garuenteed (or however you spell it), for a while.

Last edited by teejermiester; August 24th, 2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:38 AM
PEPITO1O1O
~Saïx~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to PEPITO1O1O
Well I can't map because school started yesterday (NOOO) and I'm not that good at mapping yet.
But I can give you a link to someone who can do world maps:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
Oh and I can do banners if you want.

Come Join:
-----------------------------------------------
I Support:
PHO
Diviner
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Rickk12345
Wants to Map and Sprite!!

Username: Rickk12345
Nickname: Eh, the same? Rickk12345
Position Wanted: scripter
Proof of Work: I haven't made any serious hacks, just some testing, ( I'm working on a serious hack, Pokemon Knights Stone, it's new ) but I can do all the basic scripts, plus applymovement and stuff. And I'm still learning.
Contact info: PM and MSN (I'll give you over PM)
Time on PC: Pretty much during the whole day

Last edited by Rickk12345; August 24th, 2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:07 PM
sean777
Poke veteren since red version

I could do some mapping pm me for proof

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:13 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEPITO1O1O View Post
Well I can't map because school started yesterday (NOOO) and I'm not that good at mapping yet.
But I can give you a link to someone who can do world maps:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
Oh and I can do banners if you want.
Thanks, and you are now the OFFICIAL banner maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickk12345 View Post
Username: Rickk12345
Nickname: Eh, the same? Rickk12345
Position Wanted: scripter
Proof of Work: I haven't made any serious hacks, just some testing, but I can do all the basic scripts, plus applymovement and stuff. And I'm still learning.
Contact info: PM and MSN (I'll give you over PM)
Time on PC: Pretty much during the whole day
cool, just show me a basic script and you're in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean777 View Post
I could do some mapping pm me for proof
Alright, I know you're proof, so you don't need any. You're in.

Last edited by teejermiester; August 24th, 2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:22 PM
sean777

Oh thanks and i cant wait to start mapping

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Rickk12345

Ok I gave you a script by PM
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:11 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Ok I gave you a script by PM
Cool, accepted.

As soon as we can get a world map, we'll start. I'm pming a guy about it right now, but it could be a bit whether or not he says yes.

BTW, what do you think about having a fakemon legendary? We can either have that or Groudon.

Last edited by teejermiester; August 24th, 2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: adding
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Rickk12345

Well maybe a Groudon, only slightly changed, like other color, a little extra detail, could work. So with the basis of Groudon.
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:35 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Here, vote:

a. Shiny Groudon
b. Different picture of groudon, or
c. An upgraded/slightly different Groudon (like purple stripes, or metal armor)

I have (or maybe had because of my computer virus) a cool picture of groudon that I totally recolored into 4bpp. I was going to use it for the titlescreen, but maybe we could use it for the actual pokemon.

And Sean, I need you to start mapping the first town. It is off the edge of a cliff, with the slope of the mountain on the bottom. The way out of the town, at the top, is a cave. Beyond that, do whatever you like.

Could you please get the ROM too? I can't, cause I'm using my parent's computer.

Last edited by teejermiester; August 25th, 2010 at 05:45 AM. Reason: adding
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Rickk12345

My opinion: No shiny groudon, it looks too much the same as the normal one. I'd go with C, or otherwise B.
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:02 AM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
This hack looks good. I can't join, I'm very busy, but I'll be keeping my eye on it. Good luck!
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:07 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackDeoxys View Post
This hack looks good. I can't join, I'm very busy, but I'll be keeping my eye on it. Good luck!
Alright! Thanks. .

Quote:
My opinion: No shiny groudon, it looks too much the same as the normal one. I'd go with C, or otherwise B.
Yeah, I was going for that one too. I was thinking all the black stripes being replaced by yellow or bright red ones. Kinda like a "Furious Groudon".

Last edited by teejermiester; August 25th, 2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Rickk12345

Yeah that sounds about right
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:14 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Yeah that sounds about right
Cool, and I am currently posting the "need to know" about the first beta in the group thread, so keep taking looks, as I need to update it a lot.

Old August 25th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Tower Tycoon Palmer
Frontier Brain

Nature: Quirky
I take it from "Scripters (Please apply!!!!!)" that you may be wanting a scripter, maybe? >.>
If so, then i'm happy to script for you. If, I can OW sprite.
And about the groudon, you could do groudon with the black markings on it's arms/body filled blue like on the Ruby titlescreen or something?

Banners created by Tower Tycoon Palmer.
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:23 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Tycoon Palmer View Post
I take it from "Scripters (Please apply!!!!!)" that you may be wanting a scripter, maybe? >.>
If so, then i'm happy to script for you. If, I can OW sprite.
And about the groudon, you could do groudon with the black markings on it's arms/body filled blue like on the Ruby titlescreen or something?
Alright, show me a basic script and an OW and you're in. Since you're my third scripter, we'll be done with new scripters for a while. I just wanted some scripters, since if we didn't get any we would be screwed considering I can't script worth crap.

We need an OWer, even though I'm quite good at it. When you're done with you're OW sprites, Give them to me. I can edit them to my liking if they aren't good, but I sure that won't be happening.

And [also] for the Groudon, Yeah, The markings will be filled with yellow instead.

Old August 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM
sean777

Okay ill get to the mapping and i may try to make a fakemon legend just for fun but then if you like it you can use it

Old August 25th, 2010, 11:18 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Okay ill get to the mapping and i may try to make a fakemon legend just for fun but then if you like it you can use it
Cool, but (no offense) I think that we're going with furious groudon.

Old August 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
sean777

Ok sure im not going to make one anyway i decided my drawing needs to get better lol

Oh and what rom should i use??

Last edited by sean777; August 25th, 2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:41 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Ok sure im not going to make one anyway i decided my drawing needs to get better lol

Oh and what rom should i use??
It was stated in the basic thread; you can either find it in the thread, or look below:

Spoiler:
Fire Red

Now I'm just playng games with you guys, cause I need something to do while my computer gets fixed.

Old August 25th, 2010, 12:55 PM
sean777

Ok heres the map
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3...nforpirate.png
Its a cross between greenery and stone i quite like it but please give me constructive feedback if you can

Old August 25th, 2010, 12:59 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Ok heres the map
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3...nforpirate.png
Its a cross between greenery and stone i quite like it but please give me constructive feedback if you can
I like it a lot, you are quite good at mapping!! But it loks like it's missing a tree or two on the right side. Add a couple, and then it'll be perfect!

Old August 25th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Learath2
Scripter

Position wanted: Scripter
Proof: After 1hours of work i converted my scripts to XSE

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @script
lock
faceplayer
message @talkguard MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0xFF @moveing
waitmovement 0x0
message @ohwhy MSG_NORMAL
checkflag 0x825
if 0x01 goto @done
message @cantpass MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0xFF @moveig
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @done
message @freepass MSG_NORMAL
setvar 0x6000 0x0001
release
end

#org @talkguard
= Hey you! Stop r\hDDght there.

#org @cantpass
= Guard\hF0 You can't pass. \nYou don't have the \c\h01\h08MARSHBADGE\c\h01\h08.

#org @ohwhy
= \v\h01 \hF0 But why that I am\nsupposed to stop?\pGuard\hF0 I have to check your\n\c\h01\h08MARSHBADGE\c\h01\h08.

#org @freepass
= Okay, you can move on.

#org @moveing
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @moveig
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1201
if b_true goto @done
message @gengar MSG_YESNO
compare LAStRESULT 0x0001
if 0x01 goto @yes
applymovement 0xFF @surprise
waitmovement 0x0
message @dontwant MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @yes
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x6
if 0x1 goto @toomany
message @yes1 MSG_NORMAL
givepokemon 94 43 0xD5 0x00 0x00 0x00
setflag 0x1201
fanfare 0x13E
message @gotgengar MSG_KEEPOPEN
waitfanfare
message @namegengar MSG_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x0001
if 0x01 goto @nameghost
goto @dexseen
release
end

#org @toomany
message @1 MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @nameghost
call 0x1A74EB
goto @dexseen
release
end

#org @dexseen
setvar 0x8004 0x94
special 0x163
message @hello MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @done
message @already MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @gengar
= Don't you l\hDDke ghost Pokémon?

#org @dontwant
= Oh. Too bad.

#org @yes1
= I knew that! Take th\hDDs\nPokémon to make me proud.

#org @gotgengar
= You rece\hDDved a \c\h01\h08GENGAR\c\h01\h04!

#org @namegengar
= Would you l\hDDke to g\hDDve\n\c\h01\h08GENGAR\c\h01\h04 a name?

#org @surprise
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Your party \hDDs full, depos\hDDt one to\nmake room.

#org @already
= What are you do\hDDng w\hDDth my \c\h01\h08GENGAR\c\h01\h04?

#org @hello
= Good luck w\hDDth \c\h01\h08GENGAR\c\h01\h04.

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
message @talk MSG_NORMAL
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 0x0000
if b_true call @boy
compare LASTRESULT 0x0001
if b_true call @girl
release
end

#org @girl
message @talk1 MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0x01 @move
applymovement 0xFF @move1
waitmovement 0
return

#org @boy
message @talk1 MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0x01 @move11
applymovement 0xFF @move111
waitmovement 0
return

#org @talk
= Welcome to Pokemon Tower!

#org @talk1
= Please follow me!

#org @move
#raw 0x13 0x13 0x11 0x11 0x13 0xFE

#org @move1
#raw 0x13 0x13 0x11 0x11 0x11 0xFE

#org @move11
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x11 0x12 0xFE

#org @move111
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x11 0x11 0xFE

If you !really really! need an advanced script i can send but its an unfinished sequance.

Learath2

Signature
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links