The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 6th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Mewtwo152
nomnomnomnonmnom

Nature: Lonely
Once I can see the National number on the stat screen, I go by that. Otherwise I use regional numbering, however, I only organize at all in Gens III and IV. It's too hard to do before that. I use Box 14 for alternate formes, duplicates and events. (I'm still hoping for Pokemon Box D/P)
Old September 7th, 2010, 06:21 AM
redsaber5859
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
1-493

I will catch em' all!!!!

And the last box is for multies
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:11 AM
mrunner4home
rawr

Nature: Calm
well I raise all my pokemon - except unknown and ditto - so I have my boxes ordered to make this possible.

starting with box 18. this box I name "NEWBIES" because I make sure I close the pc in that box. so, when I catch a pokemon, it goes there and I can sort it from that box into the box it belongs in. I put this box in box 18 so that I can see boxes 1-6 at one time (when you move boxes, it shows six at a time up top, you know).

the rest of my pokemon I organise into boxes 1-6. see a pattern there? yeah, there's six pokemon to the party. so I take one pokemon from each box and that's my party. I put my pokemon in the boxes based on typing. so in each box, one type matches the other types for that box because the two types are close, etc.

when a pokemon in my party levels up I replace it with a lower leveled one from it's corresponding box. that way, I raise all my pokemon at once at all the same level.

------------------------------------------------

MY BOXES:

1. psychic, ghost, dark

2. rock, ground, steel, normal, fighting (the last two I had alone in box 6 but then I found I needed a lone box for the flying-types so I put them in this box and the flyings are alone)

3. water, ice (only if they can surf. if they can't, they're probably dual typed so I put them in another box (i.e. smoochum box 1. all pokes here have to know surf. surf is an important hm so it always needs to be in my party)

4. grass, bug, poison

5. fire, electric, dragon

6. flying (all pokemon here can fly, another important hm. all flying types are dual typed so if a flying type can't fly I put it in its other type's box (i.e. natu box 1, mantine box 3, etc)

-----------------------------------------------------------

there's more. I use the next six boxes, 7-12, for "DONE" boxes. starting at lv 20, every five levels I have the option to stop raising a pokemon in box 1-6. but that's only if the pokemon has fully evolved. if it had not evolved at say lv 20 but does at lv 21, I still have to raise it until lv 25. then if I want to stop I can put it in it's corresponding "DONE" box (these are orgainized just like boxes 1-6).
for example, mr. mime Really annoyed me. but I couldn't stop raising him 'till lv 20, at which point I gladly put it in the done box. another example: my beedrill. it's pretty weak and at lv 20 I thought about getting rid of it. but it wasn't a total fail like mr. mime; I could bear with it for another 5 levels until 25, at which point I'm thinking I'll probably put it in the done box.
my goal is to raise every poekmon as long as possible. every five levels I'll drop a few into the "DONE" box, and narrow down to my stronger ones. by lv 40 or so I plan to have six good, solid, strong pokes in each box. I don't think I ever want to get smaller than six per box. it's a good veriety and makes the game worth playing to lv 100!

anyway, for the other five boxes in my pc. I don't really use them for too much. well, maybe I do. one's a totodile box in which I put all my baby totodiles (I started the game with a female totodile, lucky me :D, so I made a bunch of babies for trading purposes (I need those version exclusives, etc that I can't get in the game on my own). oh and my ditto, for baby-making use. so it's like a tool box, if you will. another box is for the 24 unknowns I've caught (don't have ! and ? yet). another is for junk pokemon that I accidentally catch in the safari zone or bug catching contest or get in trades, that I use for the nice people who trade freebies :D. and two boxes I just don't use.

that's it!
My trading Thread!

If you have Gen IV, I want to battle you! Message me for a LV 50 battle!
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
dragonite149
I am not male

Nature: Relaxed
I have type boxes in SS. If a box gets full I just put some of the dual types in the box corresponding to their other type.In DPPt I just throw my Pokemon in any box.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

Nature: Bold
Currently in HG... I don't know how to describe it. I'll just list what boxes I have.

Legendary
Eevees
Temporary
KFull(Kanto fully evolved)
JFull
HFull
SFull
KNon(Kanto not fully evolved)
JNon
HNon
SNon
Overflow
Other

It makes it easier for me when I'm trying to fill the Pokedex.
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Before GenIII, I stored them as I got them, but then started storing them by type, but was not given enough boxes, so in GenIV, I either store as I get them, by type, by color, or my most recent idea, by level, so my strongest pokemon are easy to find.
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:15 AM
InkThePainter
The Painter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InkThePainter
Hmm..
Well,for me it's sometimes organized by type or if their a starter or the area their located in.
Old September 12th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Steve Moore
Beginning Trainer

I've always organized them by type.
Old September 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
AadmM
I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA

Nature: Bold
I have a designated box for my Grass types, all the others are just random junk I've picked up along the way =P

Haha. Maybe once my collection builds up a little more I'll try a little harder to keep things more organized!
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Assault
Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter

I usually like to store my Pokemon in types but I haven't really got round to doing that on my recently started game on Pearl.
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Nature: Hardy
I designate boxes for Ditto, Abra (purposes of using Synchronize), and Pokémon whose OT differed from mine. Otherwise I don't have a set way of organizing my boxes.
Old September 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
TomE22
Feelin' fine...

Nature: Quirky
I usually have a box for Kanto pokemon, another for Johto and so on for the ones that aren't trained yet, and then I have one for bred pokemon and another for the ones above level 50.
So, in B&W... There are going to be 8 items that replace the HMs. Shimama will evolve into a dark/electric quagga... You will meet a tall, dark stranger... Lady Gaga will make a cameo appearance... and.... Voldemort will take over.
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Commander-Charon
Pastafarian

Nature: Docile
I orginize mine by EVd uber, EVd OU, EVd UU, EVd NU, IVd, and junk pokemon

"Motor and Rotom... Surely the link is obvious?"
F C | Commander Charon | S IG N A T U R E

Old September 12th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Electric Totodile
Totodile used Thunderbolt!

I do it on types, I also have a box for shiny pokemon and legendarys.

Old September 13th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Clefairies
I'm always chasing rainbows.

Nature: Quirky
Well, I never really 'collect' Pokemon for the Pokedex information, so by end game, I normally only have 5-6 pokemon in a box, so I keep them all in box one.

Old September 14th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Rando
Lives to Eat

Nature: Careful
At first, I just had a box for my teams, breeding, eggs, and trading. But once I found PC, I started to reorganize my boxes into:

- Team
- Shiny/Legendary
- Breed
- Eggs (x2)
- "Garbage" (x4)
- Keepers (Pokemon that need to be trained)
- Chain (Umbreon and Espeons with different natures)
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Assault
Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
- Chain (Umbreon and Espeons with different natures)
I think you mentioned that in my pokemon training thread.

Right now I'm naming and changing the wallpapers of my boxes to number categorize my pokemon. So my first box would be Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizards, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastios and so on.
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:52 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
I never organise, just put the inside!

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Epsikon Sato
EARTH★BOUND

Send a message via AIM to Epsikon Sato
I organize them from the most important to the least important, so that means all the Pokémon I plan on using are in the first box while the rest just stay back in the others.
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:43 PM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
I only organize when I have time and when I feel like it.
Old September 18th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Daikenki
Water Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Daikenki
When it comes to organizing my boxes in every game I get very very OCD. Each box is one type, though usually I put ground and rock together and grass and bug together because they match.

The type boxes are in alphabetical order.
Inside the boxes the pokemon are placed in alphabetical order also. The only thing that breaks that pattern is when it comes to the evolution line.

One box is solely used for legendary pokemon, while the last boxes are used for eggs, multis, shinies, and HM slaves. They are also put into alphabetical order. The legendaries however are put in order from their appearance in the games in general.. like the bird trio would be before the legendary beast trio.
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Pwnyta Jockey
Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!

Nature: Quiet
In no particular order other than guaranteed order...

#1: UNOWN (one of each of the 28, and Baltoy & Claydol)
#2: DESERT (theme; Sandstorm related stuff, Onix/Steelix, Dunsparce, some fossils, Skarmory, Trapinchies)
#3: LEGENDS (5 Gen One, 5 Gen Two, 9 Gen Three, and 11 Gen Four (Manaphy, Phione, Heatran boxed elsewhere))
#4: Seafloor (deep sea fishies, fossils, Dratini, Manaphy/Phione)
#5: Seashore (ocean surface stuff, beachy things, shellfish and crustaceans)
#6: River (more water stuff with some inland stuff like Farfetch'd)
#7: Forest (basic Grasses, some bugs, Sudowoodo)
#8: Jungle (different Grasses, some bugs)
#9: Farm (farm animals, crop related things, some dogs and cats)
#10: Iceberg (Ice types and some Thick Fat and Clear Body)
#11: City (Psychics, Ghosts, and some Poisons)
#12: Sky (birds and flying Pokemon
#13: Starters (most starters, some boxed elsewhere)
#14: Volcano (Fires and some Rocks)
#15: Cave (Rocks, Zubat, Wobbuffet, Ursaring, Salamence, Sableye, Steels)
#16: Trades
#17: D.U.D.'s (stands for: "Daycare (projects), Unorthodogs (HM Slave Smeargle), and Dittto")
#18: ??? (stuff uncertain of where to shaft get put here)

Evolved Pokes are moved towards the box tops.
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:34 AM
blissfullydoomed

Right now I'm organizing them like you would do for pokemon cards. Like my "orange" box would be filled with ground,rock,and fighting types and my purple box would be filled with ghost, psychic and poison. I also have a box called "new" were all the new pokemon I catch go into temporarily, a "team" box were I have my teams stored, and a rare box filled with shiny and legendary pokemon.
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'll usually organize my PC boxes by Type, Events, and EV'd Pokémon. Then I'd make sure the background for each box match their titles accordingly. Right now, however, the only game I have that's actually organized is Diamond. My Platinum, SoulSilver, and White aren't as neatly placed yet; mostly because I'm currently replaying SoulSilver and I plan to restart Platinum and White again afterward and also because I never got around to doing it. /lazy
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:52 AM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

Nature: Quiet
My boxes in my HeartGold version is a total mess lol, boxes are really not organized and I got like 12 boxes that are full, so It's a real hassle to find the Pokemon I'm looking for.

In Diamond tho, I got my boxes organized by Pokemon. Since I use that game for my trading thread, I put each starter in a specific box.

Same goes for my White version, but I have an extra box for my Dream World Pokemon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links