The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old August 25th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Kianna
blip blip

Nature: Hasty
Whenever I go through the ROM and look at the sprites, I can't remember index numbers 134, 135, 136, 137 and 140, Mew, Entei, Raikou, Suicune and Celebi sprites respectively, ever being used in the game. Has anybody else seen these? Are they dolls in Lorelei's house/somewhere else?

EDIT: Posted a picture, it's a lot more interesting that way. (see below)

1891~7666~4950

Killin' time and it kills me back
& I'm lost in space and I got no map
They're pushin' me down tryin' to break my back
Baby you're so cold

Last edited by Kianna; September 7th, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old August 27th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I know that Mew can be found on Faraway Island through an event (Emerald only) and you see this sprite. I don't recall any of the other ones being in-game, however.
Old August 27th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
I know that Mew can be found on Faraway Island through an event (Emerald only) and you see this sprite. I don't recall any of the other ones being in-game, however.
Well but that's different Mew's sprite.
Mew sprite in FR/LG is 16x16 and in Emerald 16x32.

Old August 28th, 2010, 10:27 AM
shawn0173
Pokemon: Metallic Flames!

i havent seen them as dolls either and i havent seen them as sprtes in the wild to battle either, maybe there is a secret location that noone knows about that has them lol eh probably not
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn0173 View Post
i havent seen them as dolls either and i havent seen them as sprtes in the wild to battle either, maybe there is a secret location that noone knows about that has them lol eh probably not
If that were true then hackers would know it for a long time =)
Old August 29th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Andrut
Collecting dust since 1898

They are just unused sprites,like the route 38/9,Saffron city and Team rocket music in ruby.
They were propably intended to use in the game,but they weren't. That's why they have only one frame.
It's a forest guardian that pities how bad a type Grass is, so it gets moves to help out Grass-types, but is smart enough not to be Grass-type itself. The appearance is simply mimicry to hide from humans.
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Kianna
blip blip

Nature: Hasty
Got a picture of the sprites. I think they were in there just in case they needed them.

1891~7666~4950

Killin' time and it kills me back
& I'm lost in space and I got no map
They're pushin' me down tryin' to break my back
Baby you're so cold

Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are unused in FR/LG, but right now, I'm thinking about the Mew sprite. I do know that the Faraway Island event is in Emerald, so I have a feeling it might have been planned for those 2 games once. I don't really remember if I did see that exact sprite, though because it was years since I hacked my way into that event and I don't really feel like getting a rom and checking.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I think they might have planned to use the Legendary Beasts' sprites for capturing them since you can catch them in the wild but I guess they just decided to throw them into the wild after you finished the Sevii Islands' quests without you knowing and hoped you would have randomly encountered them.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links