Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What makes this hack worth playing?
The Mapping. 114 24.84%
The Scripts. 91 19.83%
The Story. 236 51.42%
The Challenge. 123 26.80%
Boredom O_O 146 31.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 459. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:34 AM
psychicboy
Hacking is all that matters...

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlis View Post
How do you play the game? I patched it but it still plays as FireRed in Visual Boy...
Did you use "Lunar IPS" to patch it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NainilJShah View Post
WOOTYWOOT!

Remember me, Psychicboy? i couldn't battle that Alex guy in Beta 2 and I sent you my save file How's life?

I'm glad to see that you've managed to release Beta 3, I couldn't wait. I got Fly from Icefall Cave and then I have no damn idea how to solve the maze. Maybe you could post a spoiler of it for people who are absolutely stuck?
However, the hack is still awesome. I remember the part in Beta 2 where you got pwnt by Maria because she had the opposite typed legendary dog as you, so you had to train for a long time before you could take her on at the library. Also, have you fixed that bug where, if you go to Gemburst before you enter the base of Calypso, but AFTER you defeat the guy guarding the gate, you couldn't go in without Walk Through Walls because he was blocking the way?
There are still some tile errors. but they are minor and not worth mentioning, I guess. HOWEVER, there are a few notable glitches-

1) Near Icefall Cave you have to cross a bridge. When you cross it, the animation of the player looks like he is going UNDER the bridge, not OVER.
2) The damn PC glitch that you still haven't fixed D: I'll be desperately waiting for the fix, I've been catching lots to train when the glitch is fixed. However, you CAN access the Move Pokemon screen because it only shows your box and not your party with your box in the background.
3) A few single battles have been turned into weird double battles with some kind of Missingno as the second Pokemon. One is the guy with a Wooper on the way to Gemburst Town, I think. (Forgot which town it was)
Welcome back I remember those bad good times too

It seems Fujitsu really put his all into that Ice Cave puzzle, but it is solveable through trial and error. I solved it myself using my own save file, but I guess a youtube video wouldn't hurt to those who can't do it.

As for those bugs.. The first one is really easy while the second and third are a bit harder. The PC glitch is still my main priority though.

EDIT:

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=230399"][IMG]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/kurtcarter198/PokemonMythicLegends3.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=230399"][IMG]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/kurtcarter198/PokemonMythicLegends4.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML Code:
 [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=230399"][IMG]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/kurtcarter198/PokemonMythicLegends5.png[/IMG][/URL]
Soon to be Hacking legend...
~Psy

Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.

Last edited by psychicboy; November 11th, 2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Drake(Elite Four)
Elite Four

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
I feel great to know you actually want them in your sig I will fix them and post the codes momentarily.
Ok thx I can't wait too have the sidebars in my sig because they look cool and I want more people to play your hack so it can get hack of the month/ hack of the year.

Pokemon Mythic Legends has the best Storyline ever!
Elite Four Drake
Strategy
Harness strong abilities.
Trainer's Pokémon
The raw power of Dragons!
Self-Introduction
I live to battle every day to learn about Pokémon
Old November 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM
SilverGallade
Gallamaster

is there going to be any other regions you can travel too?
Also do psychicboy do you take suggestions for your hack?

SilverGallade
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM
plk917
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hardy
Hey just wanted to let you know that when you enter the training house in the 1st gym city every time u try to leave u end up in the link battle area...
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM
psychicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake(Elite Four) View Post
Ok thx I can't wait too have the sidebars in my sig because they look cool and I want more people to play your hack so it can get hack of the month/ hack of the year.
Thanks for adding the bars :D Also for the vote of confidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGallade View Post
is there going to be any other regions you can travel too?
Also do psychicboy do you take suggestions for your hack?
You really won't be needing any more regions with the current one being as huge as it is.

Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plk917 View Post
Hey just wanted to let you know that when you enter the training house in the 1st gym city every time u try to leave u end up in the link battle area...
Yeah, I realised this while I was playing today ._. I will release a bug fix.
~Psy

Old November 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Drake(Elite Four)
Elite Four

Nature: Naughty
psychicboy for a suggestion you should like make a battle with the evil team leader boss and a strong admin on the team vs you and maria as a double battle like in Pokemon Emerald with Steven vs Maxie and the other admin guy.

Pokemon Mythic Legends has the best Storyline ever!
Elite Four Drake
Strategy
Harness strong abilities.
Trainer's Pokémon
The raw power of Dragons!
Self-Introduction
I live to battle every day to learn about Pokémon
Old November 13th, 2010, 07:09 AM
NainilJShah
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Did you use "Lunar IPS" to patch it?

Welcome back I remember those bad good times too

It seems Fujitsu really put his all into that Ice Cave puzzle, but it is solveable through trial and error. I solved it myself using my own save file, but I guess a youtube video wouldn't hurt to those who can't do it.

As for those bugs.. The first one is really easy while the second and third are a bit harder. The PC glitch is still my main priority though.
Damn, Prof doesn't give a Masterball anymore? D:
And by the way, the smilies are Absol-utely hilarious. (Yes it's a Pokemon reference) It's a very unique hack too, congratulations!
Hell, that Icefall Cave puzzle is near freaking impossible, I've been trying for the past HOUR on it and still can't solve the second part of it D<
That Fujitsu guy is a serious nerd to be able to make a damn puzzle this hard. I got Fly already, and I'm searching how to get past TO the next puzzle now D:
And about the video, it definitely wouldn't hurt.

Okay, gotta go for another two hours, Ima try to solve the damn puzzle again for the next two hours...because I have no life outside of playing rom hacks, filling out university applications and homework ;x
Old November 13th, 2010, 02:13 PM
KoolKatPlaya
Beginning Trainer

Hiii, well this is my first time posting in this forum, i love the hack, its great with a few little bugs that still need to be smoothed out, but going back to the rockslide cave glitch, say that i saved in the wall, figuring i could escape by getting my milotic and suicune poisened, and get the rest of my pokemon killed to escape, my suicune got paralyzed so he cant get poisened now, do i have to start ALL over ._. cuz it took me like 9 tries to catch milotic D:

EDIT: Nevermind, got my suicune poisened
Old November 13th, 2010, 08:24 PM
psychicboy

Quote:
Damn, Prof doesn't give a Masterball anymore? D:
And by the way, the smilies are Absol-utely hilarious. (Yes it's a Pokemon reference) It's a very unique hack too, congratulations!
Hell, that Icefall Cave puzzle is near freaking impossible, I've been trying for the past HOUR on it and still can't solve the second part of it D<
That Fujitsu guy is a serious nerd to be able to make a damn puzzle this hard. I got Fly already, and I'm searching how to get past TO the next puzzle now D:
And about the video, it definitely wouldn't hurt.

Okay, gotta go for another two hours, Ima try to solve the damn puzzle again for the next two hours...because I have no life outside of playing rom hacks, filling out university applications and homework ;x
Lol, it only took me like 8 frustrating tries to get past the puzzle. A friend of mine is doing a LP of Mythic Legends so maybe they will show the Puzzle :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKatPlaya View Post
Hiii, well this is my first time posting in this forum, i love the hack, its great with a few little bugs that still need to be smoothed out, but going back to the rockslide cave glitch, say that i saved in the wall, figuring i could escape by getting my milotic and suicune poisened, and get the rest of my pokemon killed to escape, my suicune got paralyzed so he cant get poisened now, do i have to start ALL over ._. cuz it took me like 9 tries to catch milotic D:

EDIT: Nevermind, got my suicune poisened
Glad your enjoying the hack
~Psy

Old November 14th, 2010, 12:38 PM
psychicboy

Download the program 'Lunar ips' then use the program to patch Mythic Legends to a Clean FireRed rom.
~Psy

Old November 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM
tinyhulk
Beginning Trainer

is the menu screen of FireRed?
because maybe i had it right, i just thought it wasn't Mythic Legends...

also, where is Bulbasaur?
I know he's in the forest, but is he just super rare or can he only be caught in a specific area?

-EDIT-
i don't know if this bug has been reported yet, but i'm gonna tell you anyway. i went into the training house, paid the guy, defeated all trainers and saved. i tried to exit but when i went upstairs and out it led to some place like the battle tower... luckily i saved earlier and i just restarted, let all my pokemon be defeated and scurried to the pokecenter.

Last edited by tinyhulk; November 16th, 2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: bug to report
Old November 16th, 2010, 07:17 PM
xil216
trying to learn to hack...

Nature: Docile
do you know what caused the pc hack... (was it editing or the original rom file you used)

(sorry this sounds rather blunt and I am asking for my own curiosity and not trying to be rude at all)

Old November 17th, 2010, 04:12 PM
psychicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xil216 View Post
do you know what caused the pc hack... (was it editing or the original rom file you used)

(sorry this sounds rather blunt and I am asking for my own curiosity and not trying to be rude at all)
Nope. I haven't a clue as to what caused the bug.
~Psy

Old November 17th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I'm stuck in the Ice cave part
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:21 PM
NainilJShah
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Lol, it only took me like 8 frustrating tries to get past the puzzle. A friend of mine is doing a LP of Mythic Legends so maybe they will show the Puzzle :3

Glad your enjoying the hack
OMG Liek I just passed the damn puzzle. (DAMN that puzzle was hard, I had to reset like 28 times...) Also, I found two more bugs:

1) You can get Fly an unlimited number of times like Eevee.
2) When you exit the ice cave, you end up in the MIDDLE of the city outside the cave, not outside the entrance of the cave.

Now...what do I do?
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:33 PM
burger29
Beginning Trainer

damn, since the pc problem isnt fixed i can only catch pokemon im gonna use for gyms

Old November 19th, 2010, 01:04 PM
psychicboy

Quote:
OMG Liek I just passed the damn puzzle. (DAMN that puzzle was hard, I had to reset like 28 times...) Also, I found two more bugs:

1) You can get Fly an unlimited number of times like Eevee.
2) When you exit the ice cave, you end up in the MIDDLE of the city outside the cave, not outside the entrance of the cave.

Now...what do I do?
See? Its not unsolvable :L As for the bugs/glitches... Works in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burger29 View Post
damn, since the pc problem isnt fixed i can only catch pokemon im gonna use for gyms
I know, really sucks that I don't understand how to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
I'm stuck in the Ice cave part
KEEP ON TRUCKIN
~Psy

Old November 22nd, 2010, 05:31 PM
Gren Draco
Beginning Trainer

There are just SO many bugs on this, it's ridiculous.
I know that you have to work on it and everything, but why release a Beta when it's just soooo easy for someone to end up having to restart etc. because of the sheer mass of bugs in it?
I have no idea how to get into the rocket hideout, I beat the guy with the kabuto, went back to heal my Pokemon, then when I got back there I talk to the rocket dude at the front and nothing happens. -.-
I'm not even going to bother reported the millions of other bugs. Did you even playtest this through before releasing it?
It's a disappointment as well, cause the mapping and story is really unique and extremely well put together. But the sheer mass of bugs makes it unreliable to play, you have to save constantly, in case you get hit by another programming error. :/
Old November 23rd, 2010, 05:23 PM
minime010
All food belongs to me.

Nature: Gentle
Im sorry im late on this, i wanted to get back to you before. Is now a time for recruiting members? My spriting abilities have advanced up alot. I think im up to it.

---Minime010---

Attempting to get back into ROM Hacking.
Old November 24th, 2010, 09:42 AM
psychicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gren Draco View Post
There are just SO many bugs on this, it's ridiculous.
I know that you have to work on it and everything, but why release a Beta when it's just soooo easy for someone to end up having to restart etc. because of the sheer mass of bugs in it?
I have no idea how to get into the rocket hideout, I beat the guy with the kabuto, went back to heal my Pokemon, then when I got back there I talk to the rocket dude at the front and nothing happens. -.-
I'm not even going to bother reported the millions of other bugs. Did you even playtest this through before releasing it?
It's a disappointment as well, cause the mapping and story is really unique and extremely well put together. But the sheer mass of bugs makes it unreliable to play, you have to save constantly, in case you get hit by another programming error. :/
I've tested it alot actually. At least 30 times I've played through the entire thing and I still can't find all the bugs. I'm only one person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minime010 View Post
Im sorry im late on this, i wanted to get back to you before. Is now a time for recruiting members? My spriting abilities have advanced up alot. I think im up to it.
Whenever your ready to become devoted to my team, you may join. This means delivering sprites on time.
~Psy

Old November 25th, 2010, 09:09 AM
minime010
All food belongs to me.

Nature: Gentle
4 now, I'm just doing OWs. I'll do other sprites if you really need them at the moment, but they are kinda slow. Wait, don't you know this? lol

---Minime010---

Attempting to get back into ROM Hacking.
Old November 27th, 2010, 11:11 AM
psychicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime010 View Post
4 now, I'm just doing OWs. I'll do other sprites if you really need them at the moment, but they are kinda slow. Wait, don't you know this? lol
You can start by finishing that pink haired Maria sprite you showed me.
~Psy

Old November 28th, 2010, 12:51 AM
garg_priyansh

Nature: Modest
Theres a BIG BUG IN THIS GAME...
The bug is that when you talk to that old lady in the dream first time
I answered her 'Yes' to change my destiny.
Then she says to follow her
i go back again to check the rain but when i return she is again standing there asking me to pick one of the three starters.I cant get past her at all.Help
Old November 28th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
That PC glitch is pretty big, I mean collecting an arsenal of pokemon is definitely part of the pokemon tradition. That coupled with the wave of bugs and glitches I would advise youu to start fresh. I mean it realy shouldnt be hard tp just import all of your maps, and copy your scripts over. Having such a major bug and doing nothing about it is definitiely ruining what could be a good hack.
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
Old November 28th, 2010, 09:53 AM
ShadowDragon3812
Beginning Trainer

Just started playing this hack today, and i found a bug. One of the fisherman in Clarity Town, the one on the right, Duncan I believe his name is, is a glitched double battle. he sends out his Goldeen, along with a question mark. The question mark can't be attakced, doesn't attack, and doesn't really do anything except float there. it is even present when duncan comes out to give his losing speech.

EDIT-also, is there anyway to properly exit the trainer house place in the city with the 1st gym? it keeps leading me into the cable link battle room. If i faint inside do i exit properly?

If this happens to be mentioned already. sorry to be a time waster.

Last edited by ShadowDragon3812; November 28th, 2010 at 10:58 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links