Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 28th, 2010 (04:18 AM). Edited August 28th, 2010 by Vernikova.
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

My turn I guess? I always wanted to hear Dawn with a false British accent. At least they kept Salvia's original name. The Team Rocket ending was a nice touch too. Jessie was the best in this episode. Salvia is a better appealer than Dawn too.

Next week is Labor Day weekend and Cartoon Network continues their streak (3 years?) of movie marathons. Starting at 10:30 will be The Legend of Thunder so if you haven't seen it before I suggest you continue that because the dub version sucks hard. Then it'll be "Entei at Your Own Risk" from Master Quest after that. Wrapping it up will be Movie 3 so we can hear Taylor again. Whoo.
Old August 28th, 2010 (05:06 AM).
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
  • Strange way to "dawn" this episode...
  • Wow, more of these weird people XD
  • No, they want you to pretend you're stupid...
  • Indeed, twins.
  • Holy crap, the skirt has actually been mentioned.
  • Wow, weird butler drake.
  • Dawn, you're no good at being a princess. Haven't you seen all those fantasies in the Novelas in channel 5? That's right.
  • Another bloody contest?
  • K.... my recorder sort of caught static here.
  • "What planet are you on?" about there I go back
  • you sure must have ****ed with Jesse's mind.
  • That's at least not over 9,000.
  • Stupid Ash.
  • Did she steal it? I would. Priceless.
  • I think that princess's boobs are bigger than Dawn's
  • ....I mean... Nice performance.
  • Pressure on, Dawn.
  • Commercial, I skip you!
  • Don't worry Ash, she's probably breaking down by now.
  • See?
  • ****, more static, I think the damn workers are briging the cable down.
  • I go back with the Pokemon battle arts
  • Oh, poor Dawn.
  • Little Duty? Yes damn it.
  • $10 Jesse wins
  • Dawn's out of whack. Totally
  • Ouch, that's Poke-abuse.
  • HAHAHA! You're out of line Princess.
  • Sevipers dead. Damn it.
  • Dawn, you suck. Completely.
  • Wait a sec, wouldn't these stupid people notice Dawn has 6 ribbons, technically?
  • Isn't this illegal?
  • Stupid Princess, I think you are forgetting you're Dawn.
  • No, transfer of your ribbons makes them null and ****ing void.
  • Woah, they seriously switched with everyone in the room?!
  • Oh, nice, a free togekiss as a token of you not exposing your thighs for a few hours.
  • The end

I don't care if Dawn got a Togekiss. The way she got it was stupid, and therefore I name this episode an useless filler.

But damn, it was also hot if you let your imagination wander XD.
Old August 28th, 2010 (10:27 AM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

This is probaly my least favorite episode, though I did like Jessie here. However at least Ash was worried for Dawn, would that be a Pearlshipping hint?

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old August 28th, 2010 (11:23 AM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Why can't the Princess keep her Togekiss and compete for herself? It was good though. Lol @Dawn's skirt. I liked the action moves when calling out an attack. The end.
Old August 28th, 2010 (11:41 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Wow...somebody notices Dawn's skirt is too short

I liked the accent. That means I automatically like the show. British stereotypes in things like Family Guy can sometimes take it too far (and before you ask, nobody's ever said I'm easily offended). However, I love the phony accents in shows like this, which wouldn't dare do anything that could be shown as broadcasting stereotypes :D

Seriously, I found it hilarious.
Old August 28th, 2010 (12:47 PM).
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Love this episode. Another contest, but instead, we're having Princess Salvia participate as Dawn, while "Lady" Dawn engages in royal affairs. This was hilarious indeed.

Jesselina's performance with Yanmega was amazing! I always liked Jesselina's Contest styles and I always look forward to what she has in store next.

Loved Salvia's Tiara Seal when she released Togekiss. I liked the Togekiss, too. I also liked how Jesselina used a sentence full of G words.

Jesselina could've won that battle if Dawn hadn't given Salvia that second wind! Seviper's attacks were amazing, especially with that Wrap attack.

Aww, as an act of kindness, Salvia gives Jesselina her ribbon. Now, Jesselina is Grand Festival eligible. But wait, Salvia gives Dawn her Togekiss?! What can we look for in the future and the Grand Festival??

9/10 (Nice accent!)

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old August 28th, 2010 (01:47 PM).
Vernikova

Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
Why can't the Princess keep her Togekiss and compete for herself? o_O
Because she's a princess and has other duties.
Old August 28th, 2010 (01:48 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Dawn honestly got Togekiss too late in the saga. She should have had this Pokémon a long time ago considering the Grand Festival is so close now. :\ Oh well.

This episode was alright for me. I honestly thought it would be better from what I originally thought. Still, Salvia makes a great performance, while Jessie's was mediocre for me. It seemed so funny having a character look just like Dawn have a difference accent. And then the notice of her revealing skirt. Priceless.

Can't wait for the Grand Festival to start soon. :3
Old August 28th, 2010 (04:10 PM).
Vernikova

Quote originally posted by PearlShipper4Life:
This is probaly my least favorite episode, though I did like Jessie here. However at least Ash was worried for Dawn, would that be a Pearlshipping hint?
If you were desperate I guess. I believe that people would generally be worried about their friends if they were posing as someone they weren't since they could get into a lot of trouble for that.
Old August 28th, 2010 (06:10 PM).
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

This was a pretty good episode for me, not the most exciting, but it had a good plot. What I didn't understand was why Jessie didn't realize that the princess posing as Dawn wasn't really Dawn! She obviously had an accent. That shows just how naive the characters can be sometimes. It was a nice gesture that the princess gave Jessie the ribbon, although I don't think Jessie is worthy of just taking the ribbon and heading to the Grand Festival the easy way out. Oh, well, I guess it just happened that way.

Team Rocket didn't rhyme as much in this episode, which was a good thing. However, their use of the word "twerpette" kind of annoys me. They've only been using that since the Sinnoh saga. And they say quite a few expressions they wouldn't have used if 4Kids was still in charge of dubbing; for example, in this episode, Meowth used the phrase "dig it." It just doesn't fit TR. But then again, this is PUSA, not 4Kids.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old August 28th, 2010 (06:57 PM).
Vernikova

Quote originally posted by joacen:
This was a pretty good episode for me, not the most exciting, but it had a good plot. What I didn't understand was why Jessie didn't realize that the princess posing as Dawn wasn't really Dawn! She obviously had an accent. That shows just how naive the characters can be sometimes. It was a nice gesture that the princess gave Jessie the ribbon, although I don't think Jessie is worthy of just taking the ribbon and heading to the Grand Festival the easy way out. Oh, well, I guess it just happened that way.
They make Ash & co. look like idiots for not recognizing Team Rocket when they put on their really weak disguises so why would the writers not make Team Rocket look stupid too?
Old August 28th, 2010 (11:47 PM).
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
I watched the episode just now. xD
Ah well, the title is so apt. Wow, the princess's accent was British, I liked that for a change. I loved her comment on Dawn's skirt. xD Yeah, its a bit too short.
Dawn had a hell of a time with all those formal events. And yeah, the princess had a lot of fun in the contest.
But don't you guys think that Jessie's Seviper's moves aren't pretty? I thought that in a Pokemon contest it was important to make sure that your moves look beautiful. Never mind....
But why did she give the ribbon to Jessie? Now we'll have to tolerate her in the Grand Festival as well.
Old August 29th, 2010 (06:01 AM).
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
They make Ash & co. look like idiots for not recognizing Team Rocket when they put on their really weak disguises so why would the writers not make Team Rocket look stupid too?
True. After all, Ash and friends are definitely smarter than Team Rocket, and TR is stupid most of the time, so this is no big surprise.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old August 29th, 2010 (06:35 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

This was a rather strange episode for a capture, but it was enjoyable, I suppose. As American "English" accents go, it was OK, although some words sounded *really* off. At least it didn't sound half way English/Australian like the dub has done before o.O Togekiss kept its Japanese voice, it was probable it would since Togepi and Togetic keep theirs, but you never know with the dub.

I found the comment about Dawn's skirt being so short funny XD And did Mr Suziko have a different voice this episode? o.O

Music kept: (8)

Princess Salvia in the room
TR sneaking theme
Contest theme
DPPt Wild Pokemon Battle
Dinner party
Dawn at the contest
DPPt Gym battle
Salvia gives the ribbon to Jessie
Old August 29th, 2010 (11:27 AM).
Weeaboo Name
LIK DIS IF YOU ORA EVERTIM
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
What an odd episode, what stood out for me?...the terrible British accent! ^.^

"Did she steal it? I would" best line ever.

#bigannoyingsigs4lyf | mal |
Old August 29th, 2010 (01:15 PM).
Vernikova

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
I found the comment about Dawn's skirt being so short funny XD And did Mr Suziko have a different voice this episode? o.O
I think he received a new voice actor a while ago actually.
Old August 29th, 2010 (02:45 PM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Other then the funny accsent (not at all british whatsoever =P) I enjoyed it and found it funny! I suprised they didn't change how Princess salvia found Dawns skirt revealing since 4 year old neice was watching it with me! (I sent a strongly lettered letter!~)

I found how they dubbed the bit where Princess salvia gives her Togekiss to Dawn a bit poor since I could have put alot more emotion and a bit more lines into the whole scene!

Old September 1st, 2010 (03:54 PM).
Vernikova

Usual stuff is usual: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/diamond_pearl/ep171.html
Old September 3rd, 2010 (10:41 AM).
Neelh
i am so win lol!!1! :P

I adore Togekiss, so I was waiting to see it on CITV.

"Pokemon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! Part 1!"

Anyways, I love this eppie.

Paired with the inactive best friend in real life, Pikachu-dance!
Old October 18th, 2010 (07:31 AM).
dawnash12
Beginning Trainer

When dawn try the gown,Ash said to dawn she look great then ash is worried a bout dawn.

THIS IS A BIG HINT TO ALL PEARLSHIPPER LIKE ME!!!!
Old September 5th, 2011 (04:04 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Dawn's skirt - hell yeah! This is a great episode, one of the few in which Team Rocket turn likeable! Jessie's sentence of G's is always a memory from this episode, but the princess's accent is pretty great too. Seriously though, how naive are these people! It was great to finally see a main character get a Togekiss (After Misty's Togetic I assumed that evolutionary family wouldn't be touched again!) and it did go to a great character, although she got it far too late in the season. Giving Jessie the ribbon at the end was a nice touch, but surely that shouldn't count! :p Ah, memories. 9/10

Sponsored Links