The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:04 AM
Poke_a_Dialga!
EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ

Nature: Sassy
(Switching the theme into "The Johto Elite" is optional)

Pokemon Cintrine

Based on the new comic of Pokemon Cintrine...

Info

Language: English
Hack of RUBY

Storyline
Every child's dream is the same... Even yours... or maybe not?
Chapter one...
  • At the age of thirteen, you went out for a walk as usual in the mornings. But one day it was different. An invisible energy made you jumped into the grass, unawaring the dangers in that very patch of grass... Of course, a Pokemon 'popped' out of the grass and began to attack. But, before even reaching you, your rival suddenly pushed you aside and battled the wild Pokemon. What amazed you the most was that your rival himself had a Pokemon of his own. Your curiosity made you step into the world of Pokemon, an adventure like no other...

Chapter two...
  • coming soon...

Geography view of the Region

Pokemon Cintrine starts in the region Munder, where most of the forest are untouched by human activities. Mainly green, this region is packed with thousands and thousands of tree, even some from the other regions. Most land surfaces are above sea level. From hills to mountains, Munder is defeinitely a hiker's choice for hiking.

Features

• New region...
  • New Pokemon...
  • New style of tiles with a new feeling...
  • Sidequests ready to be discovered...
  • Classic RPG feeling...
  • New transportations...
and more...

Screenshots

Team

Me - Scripting, mapping, spriting, tile inserting

Videos

Credits

Wah! - Tree tiles
Kyeledove - Tiles
Wesley FG - Tiles
Alistair - Tiles
Zein - Tiles

Bugs and Glitches

Animations.
When you lose a battle, you might be warped straight to Promandu Town :\

Progress

Preview:
Spoiler:
Hendai Town(Preview):

Demo: 96% (Approx. 55 minutes)
Spoiler:

Hendai Town: 100%
Route 251: 80%
Route 252: 100%
Munder Woods: 100%
Route 270: 100%
Pistal Town: 100%

Banners

Banner and art by: Me

Downloads

pokemon cintrine preview.ips (22,5 kB)

Poll

Which pallete would you vote for?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...4&postcount=53
  1. ||
  2. ||
  3. |
  4. |
  5. |
  6. |
(2x | stands for 1)

Last edited by Poke_a_Dialga!; October 21st, 2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:27 AM
Chad -

Nature: Lax
Something disturbs me about the tiles and palletes, yet I like them at the same time :\ The screenshots seem to be focuses on one particular script and the same place, so I can't judge it fully now, until I play it xD The scripting looks neat and nicely made, and grammar looks okay. Though the storyline needs more work. Good luck on this! xD
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:38 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Holy... Last time I saw this, it had my PC tiles, if I recall. Now I see this, the more I think SWEET!

I agree about the pallettes, they are off, but it kinda fits. Only real tile issue is the mushroom - the border is too dark. I've seen hacks that use 2 types of big trees in many places, but this has 3 (not including the secret base tree), so... I like this so much... But, seeing as it is just you working on it, do not rush, but also do not overdo it, as you may break down.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old September 1st, 2010, 02:55 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
The length of the preview was pretty disappointing... I think you should have added at least the first route to it. All you have to do is explore the first town, which isn't very interesting, considering that I couldn't even enter the lab. But, what I did see was pretty good, I like the choice of tiles and palletes, and the features (like the log) are real good, I like them. :3 Not the most creative story, but I like the game.

I'd suggest that you really shouldn't rush the releases so much, I barely had time to start the game before it ended. D: I also didn't really the it how you haven't removed the truck, It's pretty easy to remove. The beta length and the truck were most disappointing for me.

But, the features and nice tiles are great, I wish you good luck on Cintrine, it looks a lot better than it was before. :3
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:50 AM
aquadan
is searching for members

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aquadan
ur story doesnt make sense, he wont let you go. unless u get all the badges. WTF?

a upcoming stylish and original hacking team
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:54 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadan View Post
ur story doesnt make sense, he wont let you go. unless u get all the badges. WTF?
I agree, it is worded strange, but if you think about it, he probably made the child swear to beat the league, then allowed him out. If the child didn't, he wouldn't go.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old September 1st, 2010, 05:31 AM
Poke_a_Dialga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad - View Post
Something disturbs me about the tiles and palletes, yet I like them at the same time :\ The screenshots seem to be focuses on one particular script and the same place, so I can't judge it fully now, until I play it xD The scripting looks neat and nicely made, and grammar looks okay. Though the storyline needs more work. Good luck on this! xD
Erm.... I'm using my comic as my story but I can't possibly write everything in here (it'll have LOTS OF WORDS ) But I'll try dealing with it soon k?
Anyways thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
Holy... Last time I saw this, it had my PC tiles, if I recall. Now I see this, the more I think SWEET!

I agree about the pallettes, they are off, but it kinda fits. Only real tile issue is the mushroom - the border is too dark. I've seen hacks that use 2 types of big trees in many places, but this has 3 (not including the secret base tree), so... I like this so much... But, seeing as it is just you working on it, do not rush, but also do not overdo it, as you may break down.
Haha I did gave you credit didn't I? (punch me if didn't)
I've actually worked on this weeks ago just that I'm too lazy to put up a thread this early XD (most of the time I was actually lazing off XD)
Thx anyways~
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
The length of the preview was pretty disappointing... I think you should have added at least the first route to it. All you have to do is explore the first town, which isn't very interesting, considering that I couldn't even enter the lab. But, what I did see was pretty good, I like the choice of tiles and palletes, and the features (like the log) are real good, I like them. :3 Not the most creative story, but I like the game.

I'd suggest that you really shouldn't rush the releases so much, I barely had time to start the game before it ended. D: I also didn't really the it how you haven't removed the truck, It's pretty easy to remove. The beta length and the truck were most disappointing for me.

But, the features and nice tiles are great, I wish you good luck on Cintrine, it looks a lot better than it was before. :3
Hehe sorry if u didn't enjoy it but this is only a preview
As I've stated, I forgot/was too lazy to remove the truck XD
I'll try making it as enjoyable as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post

I agree, it is worded strange, but if you think about it, he probably made the child swear to beat the league, then allowed him out. If the child didn't, he wouldn't go.
hehe.... I agree with u all about the story....
I'll deal with it later....

Hmp! I'll start to work as soon as I've lots of free time! Basicly I'm gonna script the starter Pokemon part soon , so stay tuned!

Old September 1st, 2010, 06:23 AM
giradialkia

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I remember playing this before, actually.
I'll be totally honest, I hated it. Wild grass EVERYWHERE, Pokemon couldn't evolve, and the story was pretty unclear. The palettes were also a bit odd.
You seemed to have improved on this, thankfully. At least now you've a clean slate to start from (just be sure to make backups should you encounter any more crazy glitches :D).
Now, my actual critique. I haven't played the preview, I'll wait for a longer version- I agree with everyone that the story could be rephrased. Perhaps make it so you sneak away from home to get all the badges in order to prove to your father that you were ready to leave home?
And the palettes are still a bit... Odd. I think if you insert a new tree like that, you should avoid using the other trees. Or, you could insert a second tree more similar in style to the first. I also think you should insert some new building tiles, eventually. Other than that... This does seem to be more.. 'on-track' than the previous version. Good luck with it, and I hope you continue. If nothing else, you had good determination with your last version, so I expect you to progress with this quite well

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:01 AM
Poke_a_Dialga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
I remember playing this before, actually.
I'll be totally honest, I hated it. Wild grass EVERYWHERE, Pokemon couldn't evolve, and the story was pretty unclear. The palettes were also a bit odd.
You seemed to have improved on this, thankfully. At least now you've a clean slate to start from (just be sure to make backups should you encounter any more crazy glitches :D).
Now, my actual critique. I haven't played the preview, I'll wait for a longer version- I agree with everyone that the story could be rephrased. Perhaps make it so you sneak away from home to get all the badges in order to prove to your father that you were ready to leave home?
And the palettes are still a bit... Odd. I think if you insert a new tree like that, you should avoid using the other trees. Or, you could insert a second tree more similar in style to the first. I also think you should insert some new building tiles, eventually. Other than that... This does seem to be more.. 'on-track' than the previous version. Good luck with it, and I hope you continue. If nothing else, you had good determination with your last version, so I expect you to progress with this quite well
touching story/comment
Haha... Yeah.. The previous one was my first hack (I had no idea why can't the pokemons evolve @_@). It was based on my stickman comic which was drawn since 2007. But now, this new version is based on my new comic. This comic was so far the best comic I've drawn. It's drawn in manga style and now I'm on the fifth episode (4 gyms in total) Don't ask me things like "WHAT?! 4 gyms IN 5 EPISODES?!" Basicly, the GYMs where no events are held are skipped, meaning that for example: First gym you'll meet your rival but in the second gym you meet nobody. So, the first gym will have the whole battle drawn while the 2nd gym will have part of the battle drawn. So, in the hack, I'll add a sidequest to fill the gap. I'll try inserting some RSE style buildings later. (I said I wanted it to have the classic RSE feelings so )

Anyways, I did nothing but made this Trailer. Hope u enjoy~

Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Poke_a_Dialga!

Updates

I've finished mapping 2 thirds of Route 251. Below are 2 of the map's snapshot:

Oh yes, I haven't started to script this map yet

Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:59 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Looks nice, but what's that at the bottom of the first screen? Oh, and I don't think you should use the Secret Base tree, you've already got 3 trees. :3
Old September 5th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Poke_a_Dialga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Looks nice, but what's that at the bottom of the first screen? Oh, and I don't think you should use the Secret Base tree, you've already got 3 trees. :3
Find it out on the next release perhaps?
Anyways, I changed the secret base tree~

Updates

Got the feeling to map more stuff:
Route 252

Quick question: Would u like to have a choice of 3 starters in the hack or a choice of 2?

Last edited by Poke_a_Dialga!; September 5th, 2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old September 6th, 2010, 06:10 AM
itari
すきま妖怪

The scripts look good, but I don't like the palettes, they seem wrong.

I program tools for ROM hacking! Check 'em out~

Advanced Song (WIP)
Type Effectiveness Editor (Version 2.0) -- New Release!
Tilemap Creator (Version 3.4)
Gen. I Minisprite Editor (Version 0.9)

Old September 8th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Poke_a_Dialga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgeo View Post
The scripts look good, but I don't like the palettes, they seem wrong.
Can u tell me in what way they're wrong?

Updates

The Munder Forest (Remember to put on some insect repelments )

Old September 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Poke_a_Dialga!

;^; no posts?
Updates

I've changed some palletes. If you want to see 'em, click on the spoiler below.
Warning! Image invaders!:
Spoiler:

Route 270
In order to fully explore this route, HM 01 is needed.

Pistal Town

Another Update

I've changed most of the tree tiles to give it a more tropical rainforest feeling. Currently looks like this:

Last edited by Poke_a_Dialga!; September 13th, 2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Poke_a_Dialga!

What the... triple post!
Updates

Route 253
The first glance of munder's rainforest's enviroment.
(Also a few minor pallete changes)

Old September 14th, 2010, 05:05 AM
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
I can see that you like trees huh? In my opinion,
the colors of the trees look dull or maybe it's just my eyes..

I don't like the grass... It feels weird.. And another thing is
the houses, you can add custom houses if you like.

Two thumbs up for quick Updates! (b' ')b
Good Luck! I'll wait for the next update ayt?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:27 PM
dragonite149
I am not male

Nature: Relaxed
Do you want me to design pokemon/trainers/anything else? I can draw 'em, so the spriters get a idea of what they look like, but I can't sprite 'em or shade 'em.

Anyway, my view of the hack.
The mushrooms.
The mushrooms look too thin,and the outline looks too black.Maybe it looks too black cos it's on a red background.
The trees
One tree had a square shadow.The tree was in route 252.
Treasure Hunter House
Does sharding for stones make sense? You had sharding for stones in the Treasure Hunter House picture.

About the starters: if you make two,make their types do the same thing to each other,eg: Normal and Ghost are immune to each other.
If you choose three,make a type triangle but don't make it Fire/Water/Grass in order to make the hack interesting.
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
itari
すきま妖怪

In response to your palette editing, it looks much better now, the trees looked out of place, with the grass, because it looked so similar.

I program tools for ROM hacking! Check 'em out~

Advanced Song (WIP)
Type Effectiveness Editor (Version 2.0) -- New Release!
Tilemap Creator (Version 3.4)
Gen. I Minisprite Editor (Version 0.9)

Old September 14th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Poke_a_Dialga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
I can see that you like trees huh? In my opinion,
the colors of the trees look dull or maybe it's just my eyes..

I don't like the grass... It feels weird.. And another thing is
the houses, you can add custom houses if you like.

Two thumbs up for quick Updates! (b' ')b
Good Luck! I'll wait for the next update ayt?
Yes, I love rainforests :3
Well, I'll deal with the houses later... way later
I'm on holidays (but on Friday, school starts, next week, tests!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite149 View Post
Do you want me to design pokemon/trainers/anything else? I can draw 'em, so the spriters get a idea of what they look like, but I can't sprite 'em or shade 'em.

Anyway, my view of the hack.
The mushrooms.
The mushrooms look too thin,and the outline looks too black.Maybe it looks too black cos it's on a red background.
The trees
One tree had a square shadow.The tree was in route 252.
Treasure Hunter House
Does sharding for stones make sense? You had sharding for stones in the Treasure Hunter House picture.

About the starters: if you make two,make their types do the same thing to each other,eg: Normal and Ghost are immune to each other.
If you choose three,make a type triangle but don't make it Fire/Water/Grass in order to make the hack interesting.
Mushrooms:I might change it soon or later
Trees: That one was changed already... check the new screens.
Treasure Hunter's House: Shards for Stones is fine :\

Well I tried to ask all of you on whether you want a choice of 3 or a choice of 2, I got no respojnse 'l"
I'm not in need of spriters but if u're glad to help, I need some work proofs. All sprites must be in the 16 color limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgeo View Post
In response to your palette editing, it looks much better now, the trees looked out of place, with the grass, because it looked so similar.
I'll change that

Old September 14th, 2010, 07:54 PM
nasonex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
School always ruin the progress of a pokemon hack! >.<

Anyways,I hope you get everything done right in your spare time.
It's great to know that you'll be changing the houses.

Good luck and most importantly "Don't Give Up!"

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:01 PM
dragonite149
I am not male

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke_a_Dialga! View Post
Yes, I love rainforests :3
Well, I'll deal with the houses later... way later
I'm on holidays (but on Friday, school starts, next week, tests!!)

Mushrooms:I might change it soon or later
Trees: That one was changed already... check the new screens.
Treasure Hunter's House: Shards for Stones is fine :\

Well I tried to ask all of you on whether you want a choice of 3 or a choice of 2, I got no respojnse 'l"
I'm not in need of spriters but if u're glad to help, I need some work proofs. All sprites must be in the 16 color limit.

I'll change that
I DESIGN pokemon,not sprite them.I said that in my post. But if you wanna see my scratch sprites,I've put them as attachments.(I don't know how to put pics in my post.)I know they're not good, but they're my first two and only two scratches.

PS: Make 3 starters!!! Make it so your rival has the same pokemon no matter what pokemon you choose,eg: the Eevee from Yellow.

Please put Eevee in the game and make some new Eeveelutions! Well, I'd like to see that.
Attached Images
File Type: png Meeruption.png‎ (840 Bytes, 1292 views)
File Type: png Hydrafant.png‎ (1.1 KB, 1285 views)
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Poke_a_Dialga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
School always ruin the progress of a pokemon hack! >.<

Anyways,I hope you get everything done right in your spare time.
It's great to know that you'll be changing the houses.

Good luck and most importantly "Don't Give Up!"
I never gave up :3
I went till the end on my last version no matter how many dislike it has got TwT
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite149 View Post
I DESIGN pokemon,not sprite them.I said that in my post. But if you wanna see my scratch sprites,I've put them as attachments.(I don't know how to put pics in my post.)I know they're not good, but they're my first two and only two scratches.

PS: Make 3 starters!!! Make it so your rival has the same pokemon no matter what pokemon you choose,eg: the Eevee from Yellow.

Please put Eevee in the game and make some new Eeveelutions! Well, I'd like to see that.
Ok then
3 starters that is.
Now for your sprite... this is not a pixel art disscusion thread, so I'll just post a visitor's message instead.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status

I'll be mapping Promandu Town later. I might deal with the scripts after my exam (which is on the next week). So, 'stay tuned'~ :D

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Poke_a_Dialga!

Update

One last update before school starts:

A demo gameplay preview. You have to come here and take the mushroom. After you have taken the mushroom, you may sell it, toss it or simply just bring it back to the person who asked you to take a mushroom if you want to go to the next route. Even if you tossed it or sell it, you can still go back to the person and the person will still let you pass.

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:52 AM
nasonex

Nice vid Poke_a_Dialga! I'm loving
the scripts!

I'm also glad that you're working on the scripts.

Well anyways, be looking forward to the next Update! :D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links