The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.


Advertise here

 
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:34 PM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
i've been testing this NU team in the pokemon online servers and its been working quite well, and surprisingly in OU it can hold its own.
god knows if there is synergy but i still like my team


Yanma (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

an amazing anti-lead, made it myself,
kill's many pkmn, if not, speed boost then KO,
many people just continue to set up and
underestimate choice specs yanma,
also good in trick leads, they fail against yanma...
most of the time.
Persian leads annoy me with this,
but a switch to dusclops and back to yanma
usually does the trick.


Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- ThunderPunch
- Shadow Punch

This makes for a wonderful wall breaker,
i just made this to stop politoed really,
my fave toad hurts my team the most.
Toxic + Protect to hurt the opponent.
Shadow Punch for STAB and
Thunder Punch for bulky waters


Sandslash (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

i thought i needed a pokemon to fend off the various
stealth rock weaknesses of my team, perfect
pokemon was sandslash, earthquake and stone edge
for coverage, and rapid spin and stealth rock for
entry damage


Skuntank (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Explosion
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Choice Band on Skuntank makes for an awesome attacker,
most times i just crunch away at teams, and he is also
good for locking choice users into psychic (espeon, guardevior)
then pursuiting them out of play.
Explosion is also for when i wanna go out with a bang,
and most of the the aftermath will KO a pokemon if i have trouble,
then a quick switch to slaking to KO the next.


Slaking (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

the BEST revenger, in my opinoin, even with traunt it is
awesome. come in on a kill and destroy, the only problem
is protecting pkmn. traunt also works with some pkmn,
as if yanma is still alive i switch and switch back for another
attack, most pkmn dont survive on hit, the rare occasion
i hit a 2HKO or 3HKO, but most are OHKO's.
all moves are for coverage, pursuit to stop runners.
and i love it when porygon2 trace my slaking .

Charizard (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]

this is an awesome special sweeper,
it can switch in on an opposing sandslash or nidoqueen's
earthquake and then bite back using fire blast for a OHKO,
it also usually 2HKO's most switch-in's without stealth rock
support. HP grass for relicanths and other rock pkmn,
air slash for STAB and flinchy frenzy.
fire and and focus blast for coverage.

please rate
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
  #2    
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:19 PM
heLLkitsune's Avatar
heLLkitsune
There's nothing for me here...
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Croatia
Gender: Male
as we battled at pokemon online, I must say once more: Your team is cool! :D so it's mine. But i changed my team a little. The specszard is a beast. although, your team could be easily setup bait because of too many choice users and i don't know how it would face a heavy stall team, because your team needs a lot of switches and the entry hazards would ruin your fun (assuming that sandslash is out of play). All in all, i think it's a good team .
  #3    
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:24 PM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by heLLkitsune View Post
as we battled at pokemon online, I must say once more: Your team is cool! :D so it's mine. But i changed my team a little. The specszard is a beast. although, your team could be easily setup bait because of too many choice users and i don't know how it would face a heavy stall team, because your team needs a lot of switches and the entry hazards would ruin your fun (assuming that sandslash is out of play). All in all, i think it's a good team .
thank you
to be honest, as its NU i abuse choice items as there aren't much stallers .
but if so i usually send dusclops to toxic + protect.
and you can use my team, just dont vs me with it
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
  #4    
Old September 4th, 2010, 12:03 AM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The only Pokemon I'm concerned about is Yanma. Its current set isn't suited for leading, IMO. Yanma may be better off with this:
-Protect
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Hidden Power Ground or Fire/Hypnosis
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Modest
EVs: 104 HP or Defense/252 SAtk/152 Spe (yes, this is Smogon's Yanmega set, but it works with Yanma too)

Protect lets you stall for free Speed Boosts. You still have your STAB moves. Hidden Power Ground or Fire lets you deal with Steels while Hypnosis puts a potential counter of your team to sleep.
  #5    
Old September 4th, 2010, 12:06 AM
heLLkitsune's Avatar
heLLkitsune
There's nothing for me here...
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Croatia
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
and you can use my team, just dont vs me with it
I never used your team o.O. we have just almost the same pokes in our teams. and btw I posted a RMT here first so it's like you're copying my team .
  #6    
Old September 4th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
The only Pokemon I'm concerned about is Yanma. Its current set isn't suited for leading, IMO. Yanma may be better off with this:
-Protect
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Hidden Power Ground or Fire/Hypnosis
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Modest
EVs: 104 HP or Defense/252 SAtk/152 Spe (yes, this is Smogon's Yanmega set, but it works with Yanma too)

Protect lets you stall for free Speed Boosts. You still have your STAB moves. Hidden Power Ground or Fire lets you deal with Steels while Hypnosis puts a potential counter of your team to sleep.
i've tried the protect moveset.
i protect, they set up, i hit, they dont die.
the reason its choiced and not protected is so
i can attack on both turns, one with a speed boost,
i usually dont die that often

Quote:
Originally Posted by heLLkitsune View Post
I never used your team o.O. we have just almost the same pokes in our teams. and btw I posted a RMT here first so it's like you're copying my team .
oh, i misinterpreted your first post, my bad
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
  #7    
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:10 AM
E4 Red's Avatar
E4 Red
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Make sure you catch up on you tiers! Your Charizard is not a NU Pokémon. Therefore this is not a NU RMT.
__________________
"Not For Fame, Just For The Love Of The Game".
  #8    
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:33 AM
MAizHxC's Avatar
MAizHxC
HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US of A
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by E4 Red View Post
Make sure you catch up on you tiers! Your Charizard is not a NU Pokémon. Therefore this is not a NU RMT.
yah...what he/she said...charizard is now a UU pokemon.
__________________
Heart Gold Player
FC: 3395 8610 0902

WHITE PLAYER

I battle and trade.
  #9    
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
ummm... it says NU in smogon?
can you explain ?
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
  #10    
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Aurafire's Avatar
Aurafire
provider of cake
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Charizard is NU, at least on Smogon's tiers, which is what PC follows.
__________________

  #11    
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:46 AM
E4 Red's Avatar
E4 Red
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I just made a simple mistake when reading on Smogon guys... :\
__________________
"Not For Fame, Just For The Love Of The Game".
  #12    
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
thats okay
everyone makes mistakes :D
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
  #13    
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:51 AM
revelp8's Avatar
revelp8
My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to revelp8
Quote:
Originally Posted by E4 Red View Post
Make sure you catch up on you tiers! Your Charizard is not a NU Pokémon. Therefore this is not a NU RMT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAizHxC View Post
yah...what he/she said...charizard is now a UU pokemon.
Charizard is NU. :\

im not that great with NU tiers, but having 4 choiced pokemon, esp two with specs is probably not the smartest choice it severely limits your options, requiring you to switch a lot while the opponent can set up stat wise, in my opinion. you can replace choice specs with Life Orb on charizard as an alternative.

I think you should replace shadow punch with another attack for dusclops, for more coverage, ice punch should do wonders because of the plentiful grass/poison types in NU
__________________
  #14    
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelp8 View Post
Charizard is NU. :\

im not that great with NU tiers, but having 4 choiced pokemon, esp two with specs is probably not the smartest choice it severely limits your options, requiring you to switch a lot while the opponent can set up stat wise, in my opinion. you can replace choice specs with Life Orb on charizard as an alternative.

I think you should replace shadow punch with another attack for dusclops, for more coverage, ice punch should do wonders because of the plentiful grass/poison types in NU
to be honest switching doesnt alter thae gameplay that much,
but imma use the LO on zard, and switch punches on clops,
thanks :D
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
  #15    
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Dark Azelf's Avatar
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
EVs: 104 HP or Defense/252 SAtk/152 Spe (yes, this is Smogon's Yanmega set, but it works with Yanma too)
Umm no it doesnt, Yanma is frail.

Anyway the only moves attacking wise Dusclops should ever have is Seismic Toss and Night Shade so put those over he punches. Its far too weak otherwise. Will-O-wisp over Toxic to avoid being Pursuit bait. Pain Split over Protect to heal.

LO Skuntank is ALOT better than CB and why in the blue hell are you not using Sucker Punch ? Its like its best move. @.@ Put it over Crunch. Taunt is also an option over Poison Jab to force them to attack you which works really well with it. Lastly bulking it up with some HP and sp.def evs is pretty cool to help switch into Psychics and Haunter - 2 massive threats.

Slaking is just terrible, especially with no STAB move, seriously. Put Return over ThunderSuck.

Clops seems like dead weight really though. Its only purpose is to block rapid spin and you arent stacking Spikes sooo~
__________________
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
  #16    
Old September 5th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Azelf View Post
Umm no it doesnt, Yanma is frail.

Anyway the only moves attacking wise Dusclops should ever have is Seismic Toss and Night Shade so put those over he punches. Its far too weak otherwise. Will-O-wisp over Toxic to avoid being Pursuit bait. Pain Split over Protect to heal.

LO Skuntank is ALOT better than CB and why in the blue hell are you not using Sucker Punch ? Its like its best move. @.@ Put it over Crunch. Taunt is also an option over Poison Jab to force them to attack you which works really well with it. Lastly bulking it up with some HP and sp.def evs is pretty cool to help switch into Psychics and Haunter - 2 massive threats.

Slaking is just terrible, especially with no STAB move, seriously. Put Return over ThunderSuck.

Clops seems like dead weight really though. Its only purpose is to block rapid spin and you arent stacking Spikes sooo~
LO Skunktank? I loved CB.... but okay
could you maybe give me the full set?

And i use clops as a politoed counter, otherwise it walls basically all my team.
i'll change some moves on clops and see if it works.

and the yanma is meant to be frail, yanma cannot take hits,
no matter how many defensive EV's it has.
yanma is AWESOME, so many times people have let me attack
and OHKO/2HKO them, and if i lock into air slash and the
infamous primeape comes out i OHKO him.
and the flinches i get, one battle all the hits made the opponent flinch,
except one :D .
i <3 my yanma

just wanna say thanks da,
your clops and skuntank won me the NU tourney on PO,
thanks so much :D <3
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu

Last edited by Impo; September 5th, 2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.