The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets

Notices

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:43 PM
cowee95
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys. This is my first OU team I ever made and wanted to see what you guys think. I am prepared to make alot of changes so just tell me what you think, all suggestions are good, and please help me make my team even better. thanks guys.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Speed , -Defense)
Stealth Rock
Hidden Power (Ice)
Fire Blast
Close Combat
This is my lead pokemon. Originally it was going to be Azelf but then found out that I cant get it in heartgold but w/e because I think Infernape makes a pretty good lead due to his speed which is at 330. I could definatly replace him tho with a new lead and use him somewhere else or can him. tell me what you think.

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Speed , -Attack)
Subsitute
Painsplit
Focus Punch
Shadow Ball
I plan on using Gengar as a Revenge Killer.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Bounce
Gyarados is going to be used as my Physical Sweeper

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Crunch

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly/Adamant (Not sure which one i want still debating)
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Superpower

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Aqua Tail

Still debating over Tyranitar because I kinda just threw it in there to fill the extra spot.

Well, this is the team I made and please help me improve it. I'd love to hear all your suggestions and Thank you.

alot of view but no comments. Please please comment i really need the help

Last edited by cowee95; September 5th, 2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Aurafire
provider of cake

Nature: Quiet
Lead Ape needs Fake Out or else it loses to most Focus Sash leads.

I think you mean Focus Blast on Gengar, lol :x

I would also consider putting a Scarf on Tyranitar, otherwise offensive Starmie can cause some very big problems for you. Not to mention the Band set is pretty outdated.

Otherwise, not a terrible team.

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:09 AM
cowee95
Beginning Trainer

U r right i did mean focus blast thanks for the input. And i recently took out tyranitar and put in a Wish Vaporeon. I love it. Ive won 3/4 times on shoddy so far with this team so pretty excited to make it on the real heartgold game. Does Fake out automatically flinch the target? if so thats a great move
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM
aragornbird
(。◕‿‿◕。)

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to aragornbird Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aragornbird
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fake Out only flinches if you use it on the first turn your user is out. After that, it can't be used again until you switch out and in again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Old September 7th, 2010, 08:47 AM
dabridge
FalknerReidd

Nature: Naive
That infernape lead looks pretty solid, though like you said Azleaf would probably be better

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links