Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
Thanks to Serebii, we also have our fourth episode for the Best Wishes series. This is set to air on October 7th 2010. Will keep posted on whenever episode summaries are released and such. Until then, feel free to discuss and speculate.

BW004: Battle Club! Mysterious Pokémon Appears

Summary from slowkingsley @ SPPf
[jq]While Satoshi and friends are heading to Sanyou city, they view a facility called "The Pokemon Battle Club". Ash hears that trainers are able to battle freely there, has motivation to go into the battle club.[/jq]

Last edited by Guy; September 7th, 2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:49 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Me thinks Shooti might be introduced here and face Ash in the battle club.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old September 15th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlShipper4Life View Post
Me thinks Shooti might be introduced here and face Ash in the battle club.
Well, Shooti gets his debut in BW001 in the battle against Ash. He could still appear in this episode though.

In other news, its been revealed that the owner of the Battle Club is, Don George. This is the older looking man revealed in the fan art with an Umbreon next to him.

Still, there are some saying on SPPf that the "mysterious Pokémon" may be Pokabu. Although, while that's an interesting idea, it wouldn't be so mysterious after Ash sees it in Prof. Araragi's lab.

/late
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:40 AM
Blaque
[ B L A C K ]

Another summary has been revealed for this episode, and apparently Ash is actually summoned to battle in the Battle Club. I'm thinking a lot of people in Sinnoh know of his great feat in the Sinnoh League maybe? And Team Rocket may just be up to their old tricks once more?

Summary @ SPPf by Ash-kid

"Ash and his friends stopped at the city and found the institution of "pokemon battle club". Immediately Ash was called to the battle, and it became crowded. Suddenly the alarm resounded. It appears like someone penetrated to the storehouse....!?"
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Guy
just a guy

Preview for this episode is here.

Is that Pokabu I see with it's snout tied up? ):
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

Yeah that was Pokabu ):

I wonder why it had its snout tied up D:? And it looked badly beaten aswell.

And I think Team Rocket go back to being stupid in this episode. For some reason I think that.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:09 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

Well since that video got deleted here is another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-4_egeZBDg
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Looks like someone will catch a pokemon next week. Hoping it's Iris
Old October 7th, 2010, 05:49 AM
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
Dammit Ash, I wanted Iris to catch Pokabu, not you D:<
This probably means he's gonna get a Tsutarja too. Wonderful :/
Detective Conan (Case Closed)/Magic Kaito FC | Pair | Shinji/Paul FC| Credit
BLACK ORGANIZATION
1VERMOUTH
Old October 7th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowYashi View Post
Dammit Ash, I wanted Iris to catch Pokabu, not you D:<
This probably means he's gonna get a Tsutarja too. Wonderful :/
I know :/ Im peeved of about it D:<

So two more episodes and its the Taaja one. >.>

Five Pokemon by the 8th episode >.>
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I'm surprised Ash is catching pokemon at such a fast rate...
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Guy
just a guy

I originally didn't want Ash to capture Pokabu. I was really hoping it would be Iris (...and hey, she almost got it, if Pokabu didn't choose Ash). At this point though, I'm pretty much fine with it. Seems as though Iris has a lot more to learn, hmm.

Mijumaru is almost like the new Psyduck and Wobuffett this season too, with it coming out of its Pokéball and all. I found it funny how he backed down after having to go up against his second stage. Then again, Mijumaru is pretty much Ash's comedic Pokémon.

... I just hope it evolves.

Pokabu, I felt so sorry for. Having its trainer abandon it like that just because of one loss and then having it starve for so long was just cruel. It's worse than what Paul would do; which says a lot. In a way, I'm glad Ash caught it. Hopefully he can bring out its potential like he did in Chimchar. Except, I don't want Pokabu being the main focus this generation. Seeing as how they want to go back to their Kanto roots, I also hope Pokabu doesn't evolve to it's second stage disobeying Ash like they did with Charmander. The neglected plot was just too similar and I'd be disappointed to see a repeat. Especially since we just had one last generation with Dawn and Mamoswine; with a slightly different starting plot.

Overall, the episode was pretty well done. It's too bad though, because I was hoping we could know more about the Battle Club. It seemed interesting.

Oh! There goes Team Rocket, drifting off again...
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I really wanted Iris to catch Pokebu at first too but once I saw how Ash helped Pokebu and how it was abandoned I knew it was th epokemon for Ash! I found it funny when Iris was about to try and catch it and It wanted to be Ash's instead! I find it funny how every fire type starter Ash has owned has been abused or adandoned in some way or another, even Cyndaquil could have been caught by that a**hole trainer with Sandslash!
Looks like Ash has four pokemon already, hes caught one in every episode so far (Not counting the first because pikachu is kinda like the starter). Lets have Iris catch somthing now!!!!
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I do see Pokabu because the "BEAST" in Ash's group especially after watching this episode.

I do feel it'd evolve to its final form
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Hiche

Meh, kind of reminds me of the whole 'abandoning Chimchar, really', but nevertheless, it was an enjoyable episode. I did not expect Ash to catch Pokabu, to be honest, and it was surprising that he caught 3 Pokémon in 4 episodes. He's on a streak!
Old October 7th, 2010, 03:55 PM
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
Yes, because every abandoned or abused Pokemon in the world needs to flock to Ash. It gets old after a while, seriously :/ :cer_pissed:
Charmander, okay. Chimchar, meh. I liked it better when it was with Paul, but it wasn't made for his training so whatever. Now we have Pokabu. Wonder what he's going to rescue and befriend next. . . Zoroark?
Detective Conan (Case Closed)/Magic Kaito FC | Pair | Shinji/Paul FC| Credit
BLACK ORGANIZATION
1VERMOUTH
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:29 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Another abandoned Pokemon for Satoshi. Hopefully Iris will catch a Pokemon later on but I have to admit, Pokabu is pretty cute in that episode.
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
4 Pokemon already. Sucks that Iris got rejected by Pokabu~

Well, looks like the patter is that Ash catches the abused and abandoned fire type. But Pokabu was so cute >__> I sorta agree with Iris. Plummy cheeks.

Mijumaru was so adorable too. I honestly don't want that damn wotter to evolve.

Another pattern is that if Iris touches it, she ain't getting it. She'll end up with Smugleaf.
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
Old October 8th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I really liked the episode =) I pretty much expected Satoshi to capture Pokabu but what really moved me was Pokabu's tough faith... :/ Poor little guy... I do hope that Satoshi will help him to feel better and evolve into Enbuoo xD
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 8th, 2010, 06:37 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Ahh.., so Ash catches an abandoned Pokabu? That sounds similar to the way Ash catches Charmander. Another similarity with the first season.
I haven't really watched the episode yet, so a detailed review will come in from me later.
Old October 8th, 2010, 09:40 AM
The Red Chain

This is my favorite episode so far!
It was full of epic little scenes and I simply adored it. <3

The appearance of Futachimaru and Janobii was a very pleasant early surprise. I thoroughly enjoyed that mini battle, but Janobii didn't get as much of a showcase as Futachi. I don't enjoy how Janobii sounds, but Futachi sounds absolutely adorable and amazing! <3 After the episode I love Futachi even more than I already did, if you can't tell. The battle between Pikachu and the little samurai otter was so epic, I watched it over and over about 6 times. XD

I gotta admit, the anime remixes for B&W's songs are superb. I can't get enough of them! That sound track needs to come out sometime soon. ;;

To be honest, when I saw that poor Pokabu I nearly cried. It was just really depressing! Like seeing a poor little animal all bruised up, dirty, and starving.. What kind of trainer does that?! Though that is really dark for Pokemon, I'll admit. I did not ever see that kind of scenario coming up, but it sure did. I'm so happy with Ash right now, he's such a sweetheart. ;; As half-expected, Ash got Pokabu. I'm not really angry or sad that Iris didn't get it, Ash just naturally bonds with Pokemon, so it made more sense than it would with Iris.

Poor Iris though. She wanted both Pokabu and Mijumaru, they both rejected her cause they wanted Ash. XD
Watch that happen with little female Taaja later on! Awww well~ You'll get lucky soon Iris.

Overall, I loved this episode to bits and pieces! Now I'm off to watch it again. Ciao~

Last edited by The Red Chain; October 8th, 2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old October 8th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Mijumaru keeps getting more and more adorable. It's great to see Pokemon with personalities this apparent early on. The one that Mijumaru has fits it, and allows Mijumaru more screentime than just in battles.

Poor Mamepato, though. Never really seen.

Pokabu's story, while seen before, hit harder this time because of the extent of its abuse. Sure, Charmander was left outside, and Chimchar was given to Ash, but Pokabu was tied up, starved, and living on the streets. It couldn't eat at all with the tie around its mouth.

It was extremely quick to trust Ash.

But this episode made it adorable. I like it now.

Was also good to see Smugleaf's and Mijumaru's evolutions. I like that Pokabu's wasn't shown yet, since Pokabu itself wasn't showcased like the other two. So to allow it the time to be shown alone before the evolution works for me.

Wonder how quickly Ash is going to fill out his team now.
Old October 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

This episode was so sad and cute at the same time, I really love Pokabu, his bonding with Ash were some of my favorite scenes. Ash is such a sweet heart, Iris needs to learn from Ash in that department how to bond with Pokemon LOL. I'm guessing Ash will catch the grass type next, than it will be a while till he catches another one. Over all, fun episode and I'm really loving the series. Iris is starting to see some thing special inside Ash it seems, I mean his love for Pokemon and all.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I feel Pokabu will be the beast in Ash's team... and it seems the bird pokemon is not used anymore already
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Didn't really mind the abused fire-type being reused again. I was against him getting all 3 starters at first, but after seeing Pokabu I've become a bit more accepting of the idea. Highlight was definitely Mijumaru refusing to fight it's evolved form. I kinda have a feeling that Pokabu will be the starter that doesn't evolve at all.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here