Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 15th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Shadow Ball
I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I've obtained Mew through the mew glitch, I've done the missingno glitch, visited Glitch City, as well as the Old Man item slot glitch and the Safari Zone pokemon appearing on the East Coast of Cinnibar glitch.

Now that I think about it, I've done tons of glitches for my Red version. xD

Signature by Signomi. <3

Old November 15th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeyBoy View Post

We meet again, old friend...
Though, evidence point towards this one not being available via Old Man Glitch. None of the characters have the value C6, according to the table on the glitch's page.
Not quite. It was red and twice as tall. Slightly thinner as well.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianOddity View Post
The evil slim twin. :D

BTW why do so many call it Cinnibar Island? It's Cinnabar Island. /Nitpicking

EDIT: Searched a lot in Bulbapedia but didn't find any examples of the Missigno you're describing.
Everytime I look up glitches on bulbapedia.com, I promise to myself that I would try and make these glitches work in my ROM and real Pokemon games, but never got to it. But what I usually love to do is look at the glitches on youtube whenever I'm bored. I wish there were still more glitches like this now

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old November 29th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Well, this glitch involving a TAS is insane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZxC1XLfGG0

I so want to do that. With a real game, real time, on a SGB.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old December 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Tara7x
Beginning Trainer

I did Missingno by accident when I was really little, I never touched that gameboy for weeks...

Last edited by Lilith; March 31st, 2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old December 11th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Haberdasher
suffers from nostalgia

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara7x View Post
I did Missingno by accident when I was really little, I never touched that gameboy for weeks...
Same here. I turned it off right after I found it, too. So I was really freaked out when I saw that my Hall of Fame was messed up...
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Professor Cactus
Psychic

Nature: Lonely
I used to have a list that told you how to make specific pokemon, trainers, or MissingNo. show up in the MissingNo. cheat by using specific letters in your character's name.

Last edited by Professor Cactus; December 29th, 2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: forgot to specify context of info
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Same here. I turned it off right after I found it, too. So I was really freaked out when I saw that my Hall of Fame was messed up...
Yeah, I was wondering when I got a Poliwrath, haha.

Quote:
I used to have a list that told you how to make specific pokemon, trainers, or MissingNo. show up in the MissingNo. cheat by using specific letters in your character's name.
That sounds funky. :o

paired to crono
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Symbiosis
Community Supporter

I remember getting missingnumber pokemon way way back when pokemon yellow came out and i never figured out how it happened.

Windows 8.1 64 Bit | 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled

☆Current Pre Ordered Games: Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition-PS4-11/3/2014-$119.99 | WWE 2K15 Hukkamania Edition-PS4-11/18/2014-$99.99 | GTA V-PS4-11/18/2014-$59.99 | Pokemon Alpha Sapphire & Pokemon Omega Ruby-Nintendo 3DS-11/21/2014-$39.99 Each | Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition-PS4-3/31/2015 - $69.99

Old December 29th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Professor Cactus
Psychic

From what I understand, the MissingNo. glitch works by switching out your name for the old man's name, it stores your name in the thing that determines which pokemon you encounter in an area and so it bases which pokemon you encounter and what lvl they are on the letters in your name except for the first letter. Most people will have the last 2 slots blank, so there's usually always a chance of encountering a MissingNo. over lvl 100.

From what I remember, there's a few different variations of MissingNo. you can encounter through the glitch and you could also catch trainers too.
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Symbiosis
Community Supporter

If my memory serves me right i was near cinbar island surfing and i encountered one.

Windows 8.1 64 Bit | 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled

☆Current Pre Ordered Games: Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition-PS4-11/3/2014-$119.99 | WWE 2K15 Hukkamania Edition-PS4-11/18/2014-$99.99 | GTA V-PS4-11/18/2014-$59.99 | Pokemon Alpha Sapphire & Pokemon Omega Ruby-Nintendo 3DS-11/21/2014-$39.99 Each | Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition-PS4-3/31/2015 - $69.99

Last edited by Lilith; March 31st, 2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Professor Cactus
Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeastx View Post
If my memory serves me right i was near cinbar island surfing and i encountered one.
I just assumed everyone knew how to do the glitch.

1. Enter Veridian City and talk to the old man.
2. Have him show you how to catch pokemon.
3. Fly to Cinabar Island and surf along the right side of the gym.

Encountering MissingNo. causes the item in your 6th slot to replicate to max, useful for getting more master balls, gold nuggets, or moon stones.
If you fly from the Safari Zone instead, then you'll encounter Safari Zone pokemon.

Last edited by Professor Cactus; December 29th, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old December 29th, 2010, 07:47 PM
atari7800
Beginning Trainer

has anyone caught the ghost version of missingno thats my favorite variation. also i have tried all the glitches an my pokemon red cart and the all work.
Old December 30th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Haberdasher
suffers from nostalgia

There actually are non-Cinnabar places to do the Missingno glitch. The coast of the Seafoam Islands works equally well, despite the fact that you have to Surf to get there. I discovered that by accident the other day. (IIRC, it's because the game thinks you're on tall grass...)
Also, I've seen one of those Missingno glitch trainer name lists, too. And you can't get Mew from it... but you can get Lv. 159 Mewtwos...
Old December 30th, 2010, 11:01 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

I also remember something else. The brain memorizes in pieces so this could just be a false memory combing a wild encounter and battling a nearby trainer with Milotic. But if my memory is in fact, correct, I encountered a wild Milotic in Sapphire on the route after Fortree City. I thought it was normal so I ignored it. I could've caught a wild Milotic from a glitch...I don't know why it happened. But my memory isn't clear so I could be wrong. But I could be right. Anyone else encounter a Pokemon in an area where that Pokemon isn't supposed to be?
More good news! A friend gave me his old laptop! It's definitely not new, but it's modern and fully functional! Nothing can stop me now!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old December 30th, 2010, 03:33 PM
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Cactus View Post
I just assumed everyone knew how to do the glitch.
They do, but that doesn't work in Yellow, which he was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
I encountered a wild Milotic in Sapphire on the route after Fortree City.
This is supposed to be for Metal and Colour only, but I can say that I'm pretty sure somebody mentioned something similar not too long ago... Either you were both mixing up memories like you said, or it is a common problem with old cartridges, or some new glitch no-one knew about (unlikely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haberdasher View Post
There actually are non-Cinnabar places to do the Missingno glitch. The coast of the Seafoam Islands works equally well, despite the fact that you have to Surf to get there. I discovered that by accident the other day. (IIRC, it's because the game thinks you're on tall grass...)
I don't see how that would work. I thought it had to do with the name being stored in the area that hosts the wild Pokemon on coast tiles, and it only stayed as the name because there are no Pokemon on coast tiles in Cinnabar. So, that would mean that there are no Pokemon on coast tiles in Seafoam and the routes between them either.
RIP Slowpoke Jackson
Old December 31st, 2010, 10:05 AM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeyBoy View Post
I don't see how that would work. I thought it had to do with the name being stored in the area that hosts the wild Pokemon on coast tiles, and it only stayed as the name because there are no Pokemon on coast tiles in Cinnabar. So, that would mean that there are no Pokemon on coast tiles in Seafoam and the routes between them either.
Actually, between Fuchsia and Seafoam there are no coast tiles at all. That's probably why it works with Seafoam.
My YouTube channel (BlasterMillennia).
Old December 31st, 2010, 11:00 AM
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Yes, but if I remember correctly Seafoam has them, and I assumed there would be Pokemon allocated to them. Maybe I'm wrong.
RIP Slowpoke Jackson
Old December 31st, 2010, 12:17 PM
The 100 Mega Shock
Donator Tier 3

I'd assume Grass and Sea tiles load from seperate encounter banks.

We can also deduce that the problem coast tiles were flagged as Tall Grass-type encounter spaces.
Old December 31st, 2010, 12:59 PM
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Ok, I get it now. Gotcha.
RIP Slowpoke Jackson
Old December 31st, 2010, 03:36 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

I have both red and blue versions, and I've tried the Mew Glitch, the MISSINGNO. glitch, and went to Glitch City. There's a funky glitch you can do that goes with Glitch city though:

1. Execute the Glitch City Glitch. That is to say you go into the Safari Zone, go back, when the man says "Do you want to leave the Safari Zone early?" Say no, then save, reset.
2. Walk around as normal, using up your 500 steps. BUT, on the 499th step, jump off of a ledge so that when "Ding-Dong! Your Safari game is over!" pops up, you will be in the air.
3. After you complete the dialog, you will find that you can walk over everything.

Some things you should know...
A. You need one Pokemon, and that Pokemon has to be poisoned. If the Pokemon doesn't have a lot of HP, have a lot of Potions on standby. That way, when you're in the Safari Zone entrance after performing the glitch, your Pokemon can faint, resulting in you being able to walk thru walls almost everywhere.
B. Don't go inside of a building. This will cause the glitch to end, and you will cease to be able to walk through normally impassable objects. Reseting the game will also cause the glitch to end.

I know that wasn't the best tutorial... I hope that helps... (you can use this glitch in Red and Blue. I don't know if you can use this glitch in Yellow yet. I'll have to check.)

P.S. I got this glitch off of Youtube, I think.
Game Over!
You failed to restore peace to the planet Algo.

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
-The Vending Machine (Click me please!)-
-Let's Play/Torture/Screw Around With: Pokémon Red Version!
Old December 31st, 2010, 03:52 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew_nani View Post
I have both red and blue versions, and I've tried the Mew Glitch, the MISSINGNO. glitch, and went to Glitch City. There's a funky glitch you can do that goes with Glitch city though:

1. Execute the Glitch City Glitch. That is to say you go into the Safari Zone, go back, when the man says "Do you want to leave the Safari Zone early?" Say no, then save, reset.
2. Walk around as normal, using up your 500 steps. BUT, on the 499th step, jump off of a ledge so that when "Ding-Dong! Your Safari game is over!" pops up, you will be in the air.
3. After you complete the dialog, you will find that you can walk over everything.

Some things you should know...
A. You need one Pokemon, and that Pokemon has to be poisoned. If the Pokemon doesn't have a lot of HP, have a lot of Potions on standby. That way, when you're in the Safari Zone entrance after performing the glitch, your Pokemon can faint, resulting in you being able to walk thru walls almost everywhere.
B. Don't go inside of a building. This will cause the glitch to end, and you will cease to be able to walk through normally impassable objects. Reseting the game will also cause the glitch to end.

I know that wasn't the best tutorial... I hope that helps... (you can use this glitch in Red and Blue. I don't know if you can use this glitch in Yellow yet. I'll have to check.)

P.S. I got this glitch off of Youtube, I think.
Pretty sure you can do this in Yellow as well. This trick was used in a speedrun to beat Pokémon Blue in just less than an hour and a half.
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:41 AM
Professor Cactus
Psychic

It won't let me post links yet, but the article on the Old Man Glitch at Bulbapedia pretty much explains it all. Also, apparently the 2 causes of the Old Man Glitch were fixed in Yellow, but the "mew glitch" can still be done to obtain various glitched pokemon and encounter glitch trainers as well including Professor Oak.
Trolling is not an art, it is not a science nor a sport, it is quite simply an unintelligible and desperate cry for attention.
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:30 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowakeorden View Post
Pretty sure you can do this in Yellow as well. This trick was used in a speedrun to beat Pokémon Blue in just less than an hour and a half.
I saw a TAS of Pokemon Green. He beat the game in less then 5 minutes. I crapped myself over that time.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old January 1st, 2011, 09:21 AM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I saw a TAS of Pokemon Green. He beat the game in less then 5 minutes. I crapped myself over that time.
Yeah, unfortunately they fixed that with later Japanese games and basically all the Generation I games released outside Japan...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here