Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Professor Cactus
Psychic

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Didn't see the fire scratch, I guess that confirms it to be a hack.
Trolling is not an art, it is not a science nor a sport, it is quite simply an unintelligible and desperate cry for attention.
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:08 PM
XDragonRiderX
My oh my, how time has passed.

Nature: Serious
Does anyone know all the Mew glitches? Like Mew under the truck?

Does anyone know all the supposed Mew glitches? I just know the REAL one and the Mew under the truck.

Last edited by XDragonRiderX; January 11th, 2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Professor Cactus
Psychic

Nature: Lonely
I heard the mew under the truck one was just a rumor.
But if that's so, then what's the truck there for?
Trolling is not an art, it is not a science nor a sport, it is quite simply an unintelligible and desperate cry for attention.
Old January 13th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragonRiderX View Post
Does anyone know all the Mew glitches? Like Mew under the truck?

Does anyone know all the supposed Mew glitches? I just know the REAL one and the Mew under the truck.
I think as far as we know, only the "real" Mew glitch is known to work. There are a whole bunch of rumoured Mew tricks, but if you really want to find out what those were you should look it up on Google. Just way too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Cactus View Post
I heard the mew under the truck one was just a rumor.
But if that's so, then what's the truck there for?
It's an "Easter egg". It doesn't mean anything in the game. Maybe one of the game makers got bored and put it in as a joke.
My YouTube channel (BlasterMillennia).
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
AshleyAnn
Beginning Trainer

ok i hook up all the trade cables and for a pokemon trade.I go to the trade lady at the counter and she says "please apply here". save your game befor entering the collussem. then i get all the way to the trade and i try to trade my charizered withanother pokemon and it says "your Blastoise is bad trade is canceled." i dont have a blastiose at all.( buy the way im trading with pokemon silver.) So i try to trade different pokemon and it says the same time (also i did the M' cheat along time ago on a different file ) please help thanxx
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Rosebud2
My Pokemon is Fight!

Nature: Quiet
There's a variation of the Mew glitch which lets you get a lv. 100 Mew after reaching Cerulean, which not a lot of people seem to have heard of. I have tried it and it works.

1. You will need a Pokemon with Growl and a Pokemon with Teleport (you can use Fly as well, I assume, but you can't get Fly until later in the game). Also, you will want some Poke Balls, obviously.
2. Heal at the Cerulean Pokemon Center so you will return to Cerulean when you teleport the next time.
3. Go up the Nugget Bridge and stand 1 square above where the trainer in the patch of grass to the left of the bridge goes onscreen. Save here in case you mess up later.
4. Take one step down and press start immediately. Go to "Pokemon" on the menu and teleport. When you leave the screen, a "!" will appear over the trainer's head. Also, your sprite will go all weird when you teleport. Don't worry, this is normal.
5. When you arrive back in Cerulean, go to Misty's gym and battle the swimmer. When he sends out his Shellder, send out your Pokemon with Growl and use Growl on the Shellder 6 times.
6. After you beat the Swimmer, walk up Nugget Bridge and the start menu will pop up. Press B, and you will enter battle with a wild Mew. Right now, it will NOT be at Lv. 100, it will be at Lv. 1. It should be pretty easy to catch.
7. Now, put the Mew in the first party slot and go to the nearby patch of grass. Encounter a Pokemon there. Switch Mew out for another Pokemon and win the battle. When Mew gains experience, it will grow to Level 100.

Last edited by Rosebud2; February 18th, 2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old February 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

I've done the Missingno glitch a lot once I beat the game and I get bored.

I've also caught mew on my green version.
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I read about the Celebi egg glitch and saw that you can also get any item. I was wondering, instead of getting 2 lvl.57 Sneasels, I can get a GS Ball. But will the GS Ball trigger the event like it should? Or will it do nothing?
More good news! A friend gave me his old laptop! It's definitely not new, but it's modern and fully functional! Nothing can stop me now!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Nature: Brave
Depends on which version of the game you have. If you use Gold or Silver versions, you will get an item called Teru-Sama, which has no effect. If you use Crystal version, you will get the GS Ball, which shouid enable the Celebi event.
Game Over!
You failed to restore peace to the planet Algo.

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
-The Vending Machine (Click me please!)-
-Let's Play/Torture/Screw Around With: Pokémon Red Version!
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:20 PM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

The reason why the glitches happen is because of the programme of the older games is unstable

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old March 20th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
Ok, I have a mystery to solve. Once when I was a kid, I remember wandering in the Safari zone in Pokemon Blue when a weird thing happened. The Pokemon that popped up was an egg and definitely not exeggcute. I remember throwing loads of balls at it without any result then I decided to give up and fled. This all happened before the 2nd generation was out, but I'm convinced this was a Togepi (I think the egg had triangle patterns). At that time though, I had never heard of it, so I thought it was a glitch or something. I think I read somewhere I should have thrown rocks at it to make it hatch before catching it.

Now... have I dreamt about all this?!? I really feel like it happened to me, but still there shouldn't be any generation II Pokemon in Blue. I tried searching a little on the internet but I only found fakes. Do you think it could have happened for real? lol I'd like to look at the source code, but no way I'll manage to find what I'm looking for.

Old March 21st, 2011, 05:33 AM
Ho-oh 112
Advance Scripter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayin View Post
Ok, I have a mystery to solve. Once when I was a kid, I remember wandering in the Safari zone in Pokemon Blue when a weird thing happened. The Pokemon that popped up was an egg and definitely not exeggcute. I remember throwing loads of balls at it without any result then I decided to give up and fled. This all happened before the 2nd generation was out, but I'm convinced this was a Togepi (I think the egg had triangle patterns). At that time though, I had never heard of it, so I thought it was a glitch or something. I think I read somewhere I should have thrown rocks at it to make it hatch before catching it.

Now... have I dreamt about all this?!? I really feel like it happened to me, but still there shouldn't be any generation II Pokemon in Blue. I tried searching a little on the internet but I only found fakes. Do you think it could have happened for real? lol I'd like to look at the source code, but no way I'll manage to find what I'm looking for.

Well, I'm guessing it's a glitch and true because I was searching something like that too on the internet (can't remember the name of the site) anyways, there was a cheat for pokemon red allowing you to catch togepi, I tried it out but it looked like a glitched up egg and the name had tiles in it (like 'M's name), and had a voltorb or electrode icon (the pokeball icon if I remember correctly.)
Scripting Level: Advance

RMXP Poke-Essentials MySQL Trading System Link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...62#post7077162

RMXP Poke-Essentials Mystery Gift Link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270687

RMXP Poke-Essentials Award System Link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7111566
Old March 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

...that sounds tasty. What was the code? :D
I've heard of five different types of Missingno. Never heard of a glitched-up egg one, though. I wanna try it!
Game Over!

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:04 PM
WhiteWizard
Mewtwo Hax enabled.

One time on the missingno coast the three pokemon that appeared for me at level 100 were...

missingno.
goldeen.

MEWTWO.

needless to say.. that file had a full team of six mewtwos! none of the mewtwos ever got as powerful as the one I found in cerulean cave... Is that not weird?
Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:46 AM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
In my copy of red, but not yellow, you could surf over the bottom of the statues in lance's room. I used to do it all the time, but then my cartrige got destroyed...
anCay ouyay eakspay igpay atinlay? Ifay osay easeplay m.p.ay
emay enthay opycay anday astepay isthay inay ouryay ignaturesay.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:40 AM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-oh 112 View Post
Well, I'm guessing it's a glitch and true because I was searching something like that too on the internet (can't remember the name of the site) anyways, there was a cheat for pokemon red allowing you to catch togepi, I tried it out but it looked like a glitched up egg and the name had tiles in it (like 'M's name), and had a voltorb or electrode icon (the pokeball icon if I remember correctly.)
I had not done anything in particular before though. On the other hand, I liked visiting glitch city and cloning my rare candies from time to time, so that could have induced the glitch... If you ever learn more about it, please link me! :D

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
The 100 Mega Shock
Donator Tier 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWizard View Post
One time on the missingno coast the three pokemon that appeared for me at level 100 were...

missingno.
goldeen.

MEWTWO.

needless to say.. that file had a full team of six mewtwos! none of the mewtwos ever got as powerful as the one I found in cerulean cave... Is that not weird?
A Pokémon at level 100 in Gen I would never gain Stat Exp (at least, never have the effects of Stat EXP applied to them due to not levelling up) as a Pokémon caught at level 70 or so and trained to level 100 would.

Unless, of course, you used the Box Trick.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayin View Post

You dreamt it. There's no egg sprite in gen 1.
Doctors Without Borders: one of the few charity groups you can rely on to actually do real good in the world.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Quote:
You dreamt it. There's no egg sprite in gen 1.

Not necessarily. When you encounter something that generally isn't supposed to exist, the game attempts to put something in it's place. There doesn't have to be an egg sprite in existance, the game can just place graphical tiles up in such a manner as to appear as an egg, as a substitute for an actual battle sprite. Sometimes you'll run into glitch Pokemon with sprites compiled of borrowed tiles from other areas of the game. (It should be noted that a sprite like this is subject to change - If you ancounter it again it could look completely different.)
Game Over!

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Nature: Naughty
Clashed tiles and mappings will never result in an egg. Unless it was an Exeggcute sprite and the only thing that was clear was one egg, with garbage around it. As far as I know, no such Fillermon exists, and even if it did, they've done nothing that would spawn one, nor are they implying that it was a Fillermon.
RIP Slowpoke Jackson
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

This has really been troubling me for a while . Not the fact I could have seen a Togepi glitch, but the fact I can't tell if I made that up or not xD.

Old March 28th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Punnagg
Advanced Spriter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Punnagg
I have only tried DUPLICATION GLITCH & it works just perfectly.
Can someone please tell me how to get missigno in Pokemon Gold.
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:07 AM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Well there are a few ways. You could use a cheating device, but you can also use.... the Duplication cheat! :D

Sometimes when you clone Pokemon using the duplcation cheat, you'll get one that doesn't come out right. (Like it has level 0, or a glitchy sprite.) Take it to the Day Care and let the couple there hold it for a bit, then take it back and voila! You'll have a Missingno. I've heard you can use bad clones like this to get a Celebi. It's a lengthy process, though.
Game Over!

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old March 29th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Punnagg
Advanced Spriter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Punnagg
Guys I got 2 missingno. in my pokemon gold.
Now to perform the celebi egg glitch do i need an egg created by two same pokemons of opposite genders or we can use the egg created with help of Ditto.
Pokemon Solo-Run

Old April 22nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
nemesish
Azure Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
The glitch in Gold and Silver (I am fairly sure it was fixed in Crystal) to get all three starters goes like this (if memory serves):

1. Save in front of Elm before getting your starter.
2. Pick your starter, doesn't matter who.
3. Get to the point to where you have Pokeballs.
4. Go catch a junk Pokemon and then give a Pokeball to your starter and box it, then switch boxes.
5. When it's saving and all the words (Saving, do not turn off the power) appear (ALL of them have to be there), turn off the game.
6. Turn it back on and you pick another starter. Rinse and repeat as many times as desired. It'll be easier if you give your starter that Pokeball the first time around.
This is THE BEST glitch ever on GS (dunno Crystal)
Also done the Mew Glitch on Yellow an it has become the Mew distribution center to my Crystal Gold and Red. (sadly can't transfer to Emerald)
This signature has been disabled.
Spoilers are not allowed in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here