The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:43 PM
jonicito

Nature: Adamant
There is a way to transfer the save to the real game from r4 and it requires the original DS or DS lite, and an application called Savegame manager.
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
locofredd
Pokemon Elite

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to locofredd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theab95 View Post
I tried the cheat on no$gba but it crashes I hope the crash patch come out soon!
Try to use desmune. it works perfectly for me. And I can use action replay codes too.
Soul Silver FC: 3438 7635 3739
White FC: 0475 8781 4605
Black FC: 2365 6775 7957

Are you newbie? Register here and win a shiny pokemon
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=254553
-----------------------------------
Transfers from diamond to white or black... Just Ask!!!
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by locofredd View Post
Try to use desmune. it works perfectly for me. And I can use action replay codes too.
I agree with that. No$GBA does not work anymore with new games

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:21 AM
swils
Beginning Trainer

Question regarding Black City/White Forest:

The way I understand it, these locations will "deteriorate" over time, and the way to refresh them/change the encounter lists and such is to visit other players' games via the entralink. Are there any alternatives to this, perhaps AR codes or something (I've looked through PokeSav, and haven't seen any options for it) that I can use to convince the games that I have visited other players' games, despite being unable to actually do it?

Edit: Strange, I only hit the button once. Oh well, double-post gone.

Last edited by swils; June 19th, 2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:41 AM
keloman
Beginning Trainer

Hi guys,I'm new here.So I've played Pokemon White on DesMume but after 10-20 minutes of playing it slows down EVEN on Frame Skip 9.I switched to Frame Skip 4-5 as I read this is best but still a major slowdown in framerate after 10-20 minutes of play.So I decided to switch to No$gba and put the save fix code.
I reset the catridge and the game is ok until you press New Game when it just freezes with a black screen on.Can anyone help me with this issue,please?
Thanks in advance!

P.S In 3D settings its set to SoftRasterizer and all 3d settings turned off.I bought this computer 1 year ago and it should do fine with Pokemon White.
Also using a Pokemon White USA rom.

Last edited by keloman; June 30th, 2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
GameGuru971
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
So far it doent work on the No$ emuator. Use the Desmume if you want to play it.
but the desmume emulator is too slow abd skippy
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru971 View Post
but the desmume emulator is too slow abd skippy
It's because it's "slow" that we can play more games on it

Old August 5th, 2011, 11:04 AM
xXJumboShrimpXx
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by keloman View Post
Hi guys,I'm new here.So I've played Pokemon White on DesMume but after 10-20 minutes of playing it slows down EVEN on Frame Skip 9.I switched to Frame Skip 4-5 as I read this is best but still a major slowdown in framerate after 10-20 minutes of play.So I decided to switch to No$gba and put the save fix code.
I reset the catridge and the game is ok until you press New Game when it just freezes with a black screen on.
No$GBA can't play most of the newest games. I use DesMume and It works fine.
You'll just have to stick with the slow frame rate. It's either that, or no game at all. Hope this helped.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Hi guys, is this a place to ask for Action Replay Codes? If not can someone lead me to another section or thread where I can request or ask for help with certain AR Codes..Thanks
Old August 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ym_Outside.png

Anyone know how bulbapedia gets these 2dish maps? I am assuming it is an action replay code, but I am having no luck figuring this out.

Anyone know how to do this?

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old August 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ym_Outside.png

Anyone know how bulbapedia gets these 2dish maps? I am assuming it is an action replay code, but I am having no luck figuring this out.

Anyone know how to do this?
I think they took a scan from the guidebook that was released, or else it would be in a much better quality.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old August 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I think they took a scan from the guidebook that was released, or else it would be in a much better quality.
Thank you, for some reason that did not even cross my mind.

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:20 PM
River
Ninjah Penguin <3

Is there a way to get Pokemon Black or White to play on the CycloDS Evolution '.'? Every time I select the game, the screen just goes black and freezes. I've gotten two different roms with the same result, am I just really unlucky and got two bad roms in a row or..?
Old September 10th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Axie
Beginning Trainer

Erm, I need help on my Pokemon White.
I downloaded No$GBA and it has the missing fight button every 3rd match I have.
I used DeSmuME 0.9.7 x86 it doesn't have the missing fight button now, but it doesn't have EXP gain, I searched google for help and got quite afew of the AR codes, none of it helped.
I downloaded 0.9.6 x86 too, but to no avail.

Anyone help?

PS: I used DeSmuME with no delay or anything, coz I heard people complaining about the fps and stuff.
Mine's got no problem at all, always at 100% and staying at 30fps.

Last edited by Axie; September 10th, 2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old September 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Must be the ROM you downloaded.
Those DeSmuME emulators should have no problems with BW, so you just need to find another ROM.

Old October 25th, 2011, 06:31 AM
aquarmor

the emu is fine ......play with a clean rom not a patched one......as patched ones wont allow you to gain exp..like you said
Old November 19th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Boeoeoe1
Walkthrougher

Send a message via Skype™ to Boeoeoe1
Hey everybody!
I didn’t find anything in Google, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask for help in the biggest Pokémon Forum.
So here’s my problem:
I have Pokémon White and Pokémon Black ROMs. I want to trade a Pokémon from black to white, but I don’t know if it is possible. That’s all.

Why do I want to trade the Pokémon (you don’t have to read that)
Actually in Pokémon black I have beaten elite four, but in Pokémon white I didn’t even beat the first GYM leader. So I want to have Mienfoo for the second GYM. I know how to do it with cheat, but I am wondering if I can do it without cheating for my walkthrough. And yea I am making Pokémon White walkthrough in YouTube.

So, I hope you are able to help me.
Thanks in advance!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:05 AM
rayne00202
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys

I've got a question about the use of DesmuME and pokemon black.

I've played it a while ago (around april) and got pretty far, but decided to quit it, for a reason I stil don't understand.

Nevertheless, the game was working properly and loading/saving properly. I have a .nds file and a .dsv file.

Now, six months later, I wanted to give it another try. But when I open my rom (pokemonblack.nds) it opens perfectly, but I can't load from my save file. It always shows the menu with NEW GAME - Mystery gift - Nintendo.. settings - ...

someone knows how to fix this? the save file worked perfectly a while ago, just as the rom did. I haven't uninstalled anything that concerns Desmume or roms or save files. The only thing I did is move the whole map (with all the patches/save games/roms/desmume) to another directory.

thanks for the help

greetings
Old November 25th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

I wanted to ask whether you moved it to another folder and voila, you answered this without being asked :D
Unfortunately, moving the files makes saves kinda messed up... as they don't want to work properly.
I do believe that it's possible to fix it.
Try to open ROM normally (means not by quick selection of last opened ROMs) and be sure that the dsv save is in BATTERY folder of DeSmuME.

If it does not work then... you may also try to rename your ROM, then your save (with the fact that both will have the same name), put the save into BATTERY (if it's already there you may also try to move it out of it and then put in back) folder and open the ROM.

Old December 30th, 2011, 08:44 AM
nimrodlev333
Beginning Trainer

Hello, before a couple of days ago i've downloaded the rom for pokemon black patched in english, now it's working all fine after putting the fix code on)the long one), & also after i activated the sound so it could move on to start the game, but when i'm playing(with no$gba 2.6a), I can't open the start menu to save, I only see the down screen for battles and other stuff, but when i press the enter button for the menu- it does not appear. (I've tried to change the hot key button for it, didn't work)

Anyways is it because i need this firm-ware or something like this? or is the rom is just without it ? What is the reason for it? And how can i fix it?
Thank you all,
A newbie here.

Last edited by nimrodlev333; December 30th, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
When I was about to play my Pokemon Black ROM, it crashed once I entered the fix code and the Fix EXP gain.......
Old January 18th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
When I was about to play my Pokemon Black ROM, it crashed once I entered the fix code and the Fix EXP gain.......
Try to find ROM that is patched, it should work without cheats.

Old January 24th, 2012, 03:35 AM
zantetsu122

Is there a way to get my Pkmn white rom working again?
The Story was this:
As I was going to the 2nd gym, N fights me. When he sent Timburr out, I suddenly pressed something at No$Gba that reveals the options. When I changed to a diff tab, the option disappeared, and I can't make the option go away. Then my PC hanged. I saved at the path to Pinwheel when I was passing through it the first time, and I finished battling the trainers at the grass path below it. When it hanged. I loaded it again and guess what? It loaded at Dreamyard with a Worthless Tepig and Lillipup... HALP. I had the Full Fix Code, 512 k'd the options, and it got a black screen. Wasted 2 hours damn it. Should i restart again?
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:54 PM
bigshot1313
Beginning Trainer

Ok so I have looked all over the internet for the right rom's and patches and english and i have found all that stuff.

but everytime i play i cannot push start. and i cannot save. and the bottom ds screen is blue with like strips going through it and this is on no gba and desume. can someone just give me the codes to let me push start and save? that would be awesome because i keep looking through pages and pages of stuff and find no answer.

start or save code or just get rid of the stupid blue screen with strips in the middle on the bottom ds screen that would be great thanks.
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot1313 View Post
Ok so I have looked all over the internet for the right rom's and patches and english and i have found all that stuff.

but everytime i play i cannot push start. and i cannot save. and the bottom ds screen is blue with like strips going through it and this is on no gba and desume. can someone just give me the codes to let me push start and save? that would be awesome because i keep looking through pages and pages of stuff and find no answer.

start or save code or just get rid of the stupid blue screen with strips in the middle on the bottom ds screen that would be great thanks.
Could we see a screenshot so we can understand what's happening? And don't forget that it's X to get to the menu, not Start.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links