The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old October 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
I hope you don't get mad but this kind of reminds me of a monkey as well XD.
I wonder what it actually is, I have a feeling it will look cool.
[/CENTER]
Doesn't make me mad. You'll see it soon, though. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
The update looks good so far.. expect i notice the right arm looks a bit funny.. but it may ment to be like that.. ill have to wait and see the full thing before i judge it but good work.
It only looks like that because it's all colored in black.
The actual sprite looks better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
This game is so good for me... :)
Thanks. :)


Update



I felt bad for not posting the next starter, so I decided to post a little screenshot for you guys.
Nothing big, just some new houses for Corolla Town, and some new trees. :3

__________________
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
  #27    
Old October 4th, 2010, 03:49 PM
koby1's Avatar
koby1
The M4's Best Freind
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilerba View Post


Doesn't make me mad. You'll see it soon, though.



It only looks like that because it's all colored in black.
The actual sprite looks better.



Thanks.


Update



I felt bad for not posting the next starter, so I decided to post a little screenshot for you guys.
Nothing big, just some new houses for Corolla Town, and some new trees. :3

This House im not sure if it was in hg/ss but if its not then i think you beat nintendo's best tilers.

BRAVO, BRAVO You Have Earned a Star *
__________________
Games I support:

Currently beta testing:
Pokemon Uranium ( And Loving it! )
  #28    
Old October 5th, 2010, 07:25 PM
ProdigyX's Avatar
ProdigyX
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
You tile set maker is very talented. good work guys
  #29    
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:37 AM
S h o n's Avatar
S h o n
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Ah,It's a good game,congratulations!
  #30    
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by koby1 View Post
This House im not sure if it was in hg/ss but if its not then i think you beat nintendo's best tilers.

BRAVO, BRAVO You Have Earned a Star *
Thanks. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
You tile set maker is very talented. good work guys
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S h o n View Post
Ah,It's a good game,congratulations!^^
Thanks. n_n

Just a quick little update showing a season system that may or may not stay with Turquoise. I'm just showing you what it would look like if I did keep it.

Also, ignore the ugly graphics. They're still being worked on,

__________________
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
  #31    
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
tbh cilerba the map you just showed is pretty nice but the earthy atmosphere of the town doesn't go with the blue houses.
:/
__________________
pocket monster trainer
  #32    
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM
ProdigyX's Avatar
ProdigyX
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I like the season mode its a good idea.. you should keep it
  #33    
Old October 15th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
tbh cilerba the map you just showed is pretty nice but the earthy atmosphere of the town doesn't go with the blue houses.
:/
Those are just temporary palettes. Don't worry I won't be using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
I like the season mode its a good idea.. you should keep it
Thanks, but I've decided that I won't be using them.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been focusing on things other than Turquoise lately.
So, I'll just explain what I've done for Turquoise so far.

I've edited Essentials' Dependency Script so it's like an actual caterpillar system. (Thanks to KitsuneKouta for showing me how)
The bank system is also 100% complete. Also, I've edited the palettes a LOT and it looks much better now.
Soo, expect a few new screenshots. :D

Last edited by Cilerba; October 28th, 2010 at 06:02 PM.
  #34    
Old October 15th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Ben.'s Avatar
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
I don't get why this doesn't get more attention. It is easily in the best games of Pokecommunity. The effort that you put in clearly shows though with brilliance, that is reflects. There is games that I wont mention, that are very popular and this outshines them the graphics are beautifully crafted in such a way that they all compliment each other greatly the pallets look fantastic are they are in my opinion. Your game seems to look great as it is, making a great 3D look without even using a 3D engine such as Neo 7 Mode, or perspective. I may be worth trying out a script of some sort to see what results with be produced. The only thing that is bothering me right now with the game is that I think you need to sort out the battle-backgrounds as they lack perspective as the image being portrayed is a birds eye view almost. You need to roughly around the center of the image make a horizon and have sky and the sea. A very good example you may want to follow is the work of Kuroda-Taiki a very talented pixel artist on deviantART. She produces fantastic pieces of work, which the style would work great in game. Here are the two works she has produced; Bushy Patch & Quiet Beach.

Your mapping is 100% from the screenshot's I can see, that you can map in anyway to suit the environment of your maps, ie; Making city's like city's, caves as caves. Not alot of people and do this, and aswell as you pull it off. I'm not a great mapper, but I can see a good map. Keep with the good work.

Everything else in this game look top of the range! You should try your hardest and keep pushing everything you have got. I can tell you have buckets of talent and somewhere along the line you will be rewarded, as the attention you are receiving right now, doesn't not reflect on the game. I will try and help advertise this as you have a great game here, I will make some sort of userbar and have it up the the next few days.

I wish you the absolute best of Good luck with your project, and Well done.
__________________



Last edited by Ben.; October 15th, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
  #35    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 10:04 PM
pokemonseablueversion's Avatar
pokemonseablueversion
Pokemon Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Philippines
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to pokemonseablueversion Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonseablueversion
I love it! Where can i download this? just pm me after finishing it )
__________________
  #36    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:58 PM
ProdigyX's Avatar
ProdigyX
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
I don't get why this doesn't get more attention. It is easily in the best games of Pokecommunity. The effort that you put in clearly shows though with brilliance, that is reflects. There is games that I wont mention, that are very popular and this outshines them the graphics are beautifully crafted in such a way that they all compliment each other greatly the pallets look fantastic are they are in my opinion. Your game seems to look great as it is, making a great 3D look without even using a 3D engine such as Neo 7 Mode, or perspective. I may be worth trying out a script of some sort to see what results with be produced. The only thing that is bothering me right now with the game is that I think you need to sort out the battle-backgrounds as they lack perspective as the image being portrayed is a birds eye view almost. You need to roughly around the center of the image make a horizon and have sky and the sea. A very good example you may want to follow is the work of Kuroda-Taiki a very talented pixel artist on deviantART. She produces fantastic pieces of work, which the style would work great in game. Here are the two works she has produced; Bushy Patch & Quiet Beach.

Your mapping is 100% from the screenshot's I can see, that you can map in anyway to suit the environment of your maps, ie; Making city's like city's, caves as caves. Not alot of people and do this, and aswell as you pull it off. I'm not a great mapper, but I can see a good map. Keep with the good work.

Everything else in this game look top of the range! You should try your hardest and keep pushing everything you have got. I can tell you have buckets of talent and somewhere along the line you will be rewarded, as the attention you are receiving right now, doesn't not reflect on the game. I will try and help advertise this as you have a great game here, I will make some sort of userbar and have it up the the next few days.

I wish you the absolute best of Good luck with your project, and Well done.
I totally agree the mapping and tiling is amazing!!! and im sure the sprites and scripting will be just as good as we get to see more of this game!!!

Wait a few weeks and this game will be #1 most popular fan game!
  #37    
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
I don't get why this doesn't get more attention. It is easily in the best games of Pokecommunity. The effort that you put in clearly shows though with brilliance, that is reflects. There is games that I wont mention, that are very popular and this outshines them the graphics are beautifully crafted in such a way that they all compliment each other greatly the pallets look fantastic are they are in my opinion. Your game seems to look great as it is, making a great 3D look without even using a 3D engine such as Neo 7 Mode, or perspective. I may be worth trying out a script of some sort to see what results with be produced. The only thing that is bothering me right now with the game is that I think you need to sort out the battle-backgrounds as they lack perspective as the image being portrayed is a birds eye view almost. You need to roughly around the center of the image make a horizon and have sky and the sea. A very good example you may want to follow is the work of Kuroda-Taiki a very talented pixel artist on deviantART. She produces fantastic pieces of work, which the style would work great in game. Here are the two works she has produced; Bushy Patch & Quiet Beach.

Your mapping is 100% from the screenshot's I can see, that you can map in anyway to suit the environment of your maps, ie; Making city's like city's, caves as caves. Not alot of people and do this, and aswell as you pull it off. I'm not a great mapper, but I can see a good map. Keep with the good work.

Everything else in this game look top of the range! You should try your hardest and keep pushing everything you have got. I can tell you have buckets of talent and somewhere along the line you will be rewarded, as the attention you are receiving right now, doesn't not reflect on the game. I will try and help advertise this as you have a great game here, I will make some sort of userbar and have it up the the next few days.

I wish you the absolute best of Good luck with your project, and Well done.
Wow, ben. Thanks, that means a lot. Although, that's incognito's mapping so he gets all the credit. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonseablueversion View Post
I love it! Where can i download this? just pm me after finishing it :))
Thanks, but there won't be a download for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
I totally agree the mapping and tiling is amazing!!! and im sure the sprites and scripting will be just as good as we get to see more of this game!!!

Wait a few weeks and this game will be #1 most popular fan game!
Thanks, Prodigy. n_n

I have a really small "update" for everyone.
I want to know what you think on this new overworld. The base was made by Minorthreat.
You can also see that I changed the pond tiles, and changed up all the palettes.


EDIT: Also, ignore the resolution. I was just fooling around.
__________________
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537

Last edited by Cilerba; October 28th, 2010 at 06:15 PM.
  #38    
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:10 PM
aSeRo141414's Avatar
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In your head
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
As I can see, your game is very cool, I like the tiles and palette keep it up
__________________
Regards,
aSeRo141414
  #39    
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Maxy has decided to give himself a little break. So, I'm fulfilling his request for a temporary lock.

Locked [for now]
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.