• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Ash always get new traveling companions from now on?

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
Since they've booted Brock from the show and Ash is now traveling with two totally new characters, will the writers continue replacing Ash's traveling companions with new ones from now on, or will Iris and Dento travel to future regions with Ash like Misty and Brock did?

shot571

hmm thats a pretty good question. I think they might keep the brock replacement and keep replacing the girls and rivals like usual. Would be good if they brough back gary though

Guy

just a guy
Years
To be honest, after the move they pulled in choosing Iris over the new female protagonist, I have a feeling Dento and Iris will stick around just as long or even longer than Brock and Misty did in the originals. If it's true that Ash has indeed moved to Isshu with his mom, then if he ever has to return home, it's within the same region as Iris and Dento now; like it was with Brock and Misty.

Maybe Iris might stick around like Misty did, and eventually return home to take her place as the 8th Gym Leader in Isshu. However, I believe Dento will be around just as long as Brock. I mean, what's the point of finding a new replacement to Brock's role every new generation?

Vernikova

Banned
Years
It would be better if they replaced all of his traveling companions at the end of every series if not everyone at once. No point in keeping Witch at the end since she's supposed connected to Gen V so she should be dumped forever. The green haired guy probably will stay like Brock did and become a stale figure of nothingness while Ash follows suit and the new girl stays just a little bit more fresh.

So yeah he'll probably get at least one new traveling companion since the writers shouldn't be stupid enough to create a copy of Johto.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I'm pretty sure he'll get some. I'm positive he'll get 1 or maybe 2 more companions.

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
To be honest, after the move they pulled in choosing Iris over the new female protagonist, I have a feeling Dento and Iris will stick around just as long or even longer than Brock and Misty did in the originals. If it's true that Ash has indeed moved to Isshu with his mom, then if he ever has to return home, it's within the same region as Iris and Dento now; like it was with Brock and Misty.

Maybe Iris might stick around like Misty did, and eventually return home to take her place as the 8th Gym Leader in Isshu. However, I believe Dento will be around just as long as Brock. I mean, what's the point of finding a new replacement to Brock's role every new generation?

I never heard of Ash possibly moving to the Isshu Region. Is there any more information on that?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I never heard of Ash possibly moving to the Isshu Region. Is there any more information on that?

A preview showed Ash, Delia, and Professor Oak coming out from a boat, which implied either moving or a vacation. It is not known which one.

As for the most probable thing in this situation, it'd have to be that they're going to switch out both traveling companions from now on. The algorithm had a bumpy start but now it's very apparent that the Pokemon series takes on a Cosine function with a period of 4-5 years.

But hey, a better situation would be a mid-Isshu surprise or actually having Iris stay, therefore cementing Pokemon's capability of unpredictability, which is what I honestly hope for.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
Keeping a character for two series isn't a "better situation" since the writers aren't good at keeping characters fresh.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2012
From what I can tell about Best Wishes and Black and White, they are trying to go back to the original routes of the series, meaning that Dento and Iris will probably hang around for Isshu and an additional region if that additional region actually happens.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Since the writers wanted to give Ash a fresh start in the anime, I'm assuming that Dento stays for the next few seasons, and the traveling girl keeps getting replaced every saga.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
I don't think Dento would have to leave soon enough, but definitely I'm guessing that Iris would have to leave. That's how the trends continues.
But we still have to see how interesting Dento, as Ash's companion can be. He might just be better than Brock. Who knows.. the writers sure know hoe to mess up characters in the Anime though...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I have a really big feeling Iris will stay for quite a long time but I just don't think Dento will, he just doesn't appeal to alot of people (his eyes are weird) so I have a feeling they will cancel him out after Isshu! xD

Vernikova

Banned
Years
Witch probably won't stay because of the need for more eye candy characters. She'll be old news by the time this Gen. VI comes out anyway so she won't be useful at all.

e: Speaking of eye candy, Witch isn't nice to look at. Poor choice sadly.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
I have a really big feeling Iris will stay for quite a long time but I just don't think Dento will, he just doesn't appeal to alot of people (his eyes are weird) so I have a feeling they will cancel him out after Isshu! xD
If Iris remains, she'll at least remain for one more region like Misty did and that's if the writers are really trying to go back to basics with how the anime was before. Otherwise, I can see her being replaced by a new female by the time of the sixth generation.

There's really no clue-in on what Dento will be traveling with Ash for. So, with that I couldn't say if he'll actually stay as long as Brock or not. Although, I do foresee him staying more than one generation considering it doesn't make sense to replace a Brock figure every new region. :\

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2011
Ash would definitely need Dento to travel with him. Cuz someone has to fill in as the team chef like Brock.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
I'd love it if Dento stayed with Ash next series, so I do hope that's true. I don't want his entire group replaced again.

zlip

______
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Will Dento stick around?

Brock was with Ash for a whopping 13 seasons (according to pokemon.com) but how long will Dento stay with ash? will he switch every new region like the female protaginists or will he stay for a long time.

Personally i hope he leaves and brock comes back :P

Back