Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page Blasting Off Again?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old September 23rd, 2010 (01:42 PM).
Jambalaya of Justice League

If anything left me speechless in the new episodes was that TR escaped!!!!!!!!! The classic smoke bomb disappearance after layin' some hurt on Pikachu really put a smile on my face. TR might actually be a threat in BW =)
I was full of nostalgia seeing TR as the ruthless [and intelligent] villains that they were in the original series. I can't wait to see what other surprises are in store for the new-and-improved Team Rocket.

So...what are your impressions on the new Team Rocket?
Old September 23rd, 2010 (05:50 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
They might eventually BOA again I think but not now...
Old September 24th, 2010 (03:12 AM).
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Nice thread. I was thinking about this. It seems like they are more ruthless which is great! No more blasting off :D
Old September 24th, 2010 (10:01 AM).
i am so win lol!!1! :P

Nature: Quirky
Huh? They escaped?

How did people see that? Huh?

TRANSLATION: Someone please explain.

Paired with the inactive best friend in real life, Pikachu-dance!
Old September 24th, 2010 (10:52 AM).
pin pin

Wow. Just watched it, that was amazing. If it wasn't for Mijumaru... oh my daiz. I'm lovin'/scared of Team Rocket now :o So awesome!
Old September 24th, 2010 (11:16 AM).
A Pokémon Poet

Nature: Jolly
I haven't seen any of the Black & White anime...yet.
I'm not really interested in the anime much, but the B&W series sounds very interesting.

I can agree, I remember watching some very old Pokémon episodes when I was really little and I noticed how Team Rocket actually tried to be bad. In recent times, not exactly.
And after reading your post, I'm now very eager what they will come up with in the new series!
and its beauty will really show.

I believe in Jesus Christ. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then put this in your signature.
Old September 24th, 2010 (11:53 AM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

I'm mostly hoping that they remain a threat. While their joking antics pretty much became their trademark way, Team Rocket just got so tiresome always being the easy-to-defeat villain. Watching them in the second episode was amazing, and reminded me of when the anime first started, when Jessie, James, and Meowth were dark and actually feared.

On the other hand, they really aren't the Team Rocket they've been for most of their run. The change is something to get used to, if they keep it. Which as I said, I hope they do.
Old September 24th, 2010 (12:32 PM).
Banned

They lost the charm that they had before. An all serious Team Rocket will get stale after a while if they show up in every episode too. In fact, they almost seem out-of-character.
Old September 24th, 2010 (12:53 PM).
Team Rocket Grunt

Nature: Quiet
I haven't actually watched the two episodes yet, but I plan on it soon. I'm really excited for this new, serious Team Rocket. I really love silly TR and everything, but I can get over it if it means they're taken more seriously as characters. I hope they stay serious (I mean, if I like it, I hope I do) for a lot of the season but I don't know if that will happen... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old September 24th, 2010 (03:37 PM).
Jambalaya of Justice League

Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
They lost the charm that they had before. An all serious Team Rocket will get stale after a while if they show up in every episode too. In fact, they almost seem out-of-character.
I thought about this too. I actually wouldn't mind seeing them every episode as long they don't have some kind of conflict with Ash :-/
I can't wait to see James in action though!

Maybe that out-of-character feeling is just one of the 'fresh and new' features we'll just have to get used to?
Old September 24th, 2010 (03:58 PM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by Nyjil da Kid:
Maybe that out-of-character feeling is just one of the 'fresh and new' features we'll just have to get used to?
Having someone out-of-character is a bad thing in the first place. Especially if they've acted the same way for over thirteen years and all of a sudden are portrayed as competent.
Old September 24th, 2010 (07:01 PM).
Erupting Nightmare

Nature: Quirky
I just saw the episodes of Best Wishes and while watching pokemon I've never had such a large smile on face. If Mijumaru hadn't jumped into the battle they would have gotten Pikachu and Kibago, I'd love to see what happened in between the time Ash left Brock and Dawn and when him Oak and his mom went to Isshu. (Speaking of that who's gonna replace Oak in Kanto for new trainers if he's all the way in Isshu, unless he goes back later.
Old September 24th, 2010 (07:04 PM).

I hate this new Team Rocket. Before this, I thought the old Team Rocket was bad.

But now it seems this new Team Rocket is brainwashed and yet another normal Grunt for Giovanni.

Just by looking at the previews and clips for episodes to come, its sad to say but this Team Rocket won't be leaving any time soon.
Old September 24th, 2010 (08:00 PM). Edited September 25th, 2010 by Kirbychu.

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Thorns:
I hate this new Team Rocket. Before this, I thought the old Team Rocket was bad.

But now it seems this new Team Rocket is brainwashed and yet another normal Grunt for Giovanni.

Just by looking at the previews and clips for episodes to come, its sad to say but this Team Rocket won't be leaving any time soon.

Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
I agree. In these two episodes its as if TR was completely drained of all their personality, they are no longer special. They aren't the fun comic relief that so many people look forward to expect anymore. If the writers keep them like this, that means no more jokes, and no more blasting off, no more Meowth balloon, and no more Wobbuffet. Seeing them break away from those traditions kind of irks me, but that's not what this really is about. The writers are misguided. Making TR "more of a threat" will not make them any less annoying, just a lot more lifeless. TR had more personality, background stories, and even more character development than any other main character in the anime's history. Now they're just boring automatons. They're suppose to be silly and charming bad guys, not dark and fierce villains.

I'm sure the dub will return them to their old self. If anything, I'd like to see them as comical yet threatening villains.
Old September 24th, 2010 (08:04 PM).
Kicking against the earth!
Silver Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
i think its cool they escaped,
(didnt see it)
way better the "blasting off again" in every episode.
im not much of the fan of pokemon "comedy" or allot what some think is funny :/

im looking foward to this season, i watched a part and i was like :D
Old September 24th, 2010 (09:54 PM).
pin pin

Yes, I will miss silly Team Rocket, not Wobuffet though. They do seem out of character, and if they stay serious, I wouldn't want them in every episode. I'd like Jessie, or even James, to take part in PokeMusicals, if one of the Trio does it as well, to give them more of a human side. I'd wandering away from the thread topic now, aren't I?

Seriously though, I think they may just catch Pikachu, if that's still their aim after so long. They were almost there, they even knocked out Mamepato, if Mijumaru didn't step in. They'll probably be more prepared next time.
Old September 24th, 2010 (11:18 PM).
All that glitters is not gold.

Nature: Mild
Honestly I've been waiting for them to become more legitimate villains for a very long time now, and I'm glad they're being portrayed that way at the moment. Though like some others, I wouldn't enjoy it if they became too serious throughout the rest of the series, because their ability to be both humorous and threatening at the same time is what makes me like them so much.
Old September 25th, 2010 (12:18 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Well I found it weird that they did not blast off but it's kinda appealing =D
I like the new Team Rocket =D They might be better then the old one.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 25th, 2010 (02:07 AM).
トウコ

Well as brilliant as it is that TR didn't blast off, I really don't think that they'll go the whole saga without blasting off.
In the first couple of episodes of the original series, Team Rocket seemed 'bad ass'. Then thoughout the series they were seen more as comedy relief characters. In D/P, TR's stupidity was ridiculous.
But smoke bombs? Me likey a lot. :3
Old September 25th, 2010 (03:04 AM).
Ninetales fan! Ground trainer

Like the new TR (at least for now), and hoping to be seeing them more in this baddass way.

GPXPlus

Favorite Pokémon

My Hack's (Manarii Islands) Thread:

Old September 25th, 2010 (03:50 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

I wonder, was there a reason given that Team Rocket were acting more serious? Were they promoted or something, and wanted to act more responsible (the reason why they got a new uniform, too?). Or have they just been given a random competency change? If it's random, then I can't see them acting this way for too long. We have Team Plasma for the "serious" villains of the series.

Quote originally posted by Kirbychu:
I'm sure the dub will return them to their old self. If anything, I'd like to see them as comical yet serious villains.
Yeah, I can't see the dub taking any notice of Team Rocket acting any differently, they'll probably still give them puns and rhymes constantly.
Old September 26th, 2010 (09:45 PM).
Velocity

Nature: Adamant
im loving the new improved team rocket. after 600+ episodes you kind of get sick of "team rockets blasting off again". Lets hope the writers don't screw this up because i want to see more of this

CLICK THE POKEMON EGGS PLEASE!

GPXPLUS PARTY PAGE
Old September 27th, 2010 (02:44 PM).

Quote originally posted by *Charizard*:
im loving the new improved team rocket. after 600+ episodes you kind of get sick of "team rockets blasting off again". Lets hope the writers don't screw this up because i want to see more of this
I can see where you're coming from. I guess the comical TR doesn't annoy me just because I hardly watch the anime.
Old September 27th, 2010 (03:23 PM).
Team Rocket Grunt

I've finally watched the episode. I really love TR and I'm completely happy with them. I don't even miss their Pokemon much, not even Wobbuffet. I actually really, really like it a lot. I mean no one is ever going to be completely happy. Before these episodes people wanted Team Rocket gone because all they ever were was comic relief. They'd come into the episode, do something dumb, and blast off. But now that it seems they may be more of a threat (if it lasts), everyone wants silly Team Rocket back.

Anyways, I agree with the people who said the dub will probably make them silly again, with rhymes and puns and whatnot. I guess that could balance it out? Stupid lines but serious actions. If it doesn't just make everything look stupid, that is.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this TR and I'm hoping it lasts for a while.

Old September 27th, 2010 (03:53 PM).
▲ 愛してる .

Nature: Timid
Send a message via ICQ to cyan. Send a message via AIM to cyan.
Well, it does get kind of old of them always BOA. But I really liked it, it was actually my favorite part.
I hope this is what happens: In the first few episodes, they're badass. As the episodes go on, they start to lose quality and get promoted down and they start to BOA again.
Eye Color: Red
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)