Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 25th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
As the Grand Festival continues, it's Dawn VS. Ursula today.
Old September 25th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

What a great battle that Ursula should've won. It's a shame that Ursula never got the chance at beating Dawn since that would've made this battle feel more exciting. The random guy that was all "Uh. . . I want one [Picture] of Nando." was very funny to me. Dawn's win seemed to be stupid honestly. The way she pulled off Ice Chandelier was very interesting I guess if I wanted to be nice about it. Hope the next episode is more exciting.

e: Forget it. I figured out where to put it.
Old September 25th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Moved this to the Episode Discussion forum.

Ice chandelier was more impressive the second time around in this episode than the first I thought. The battle overall was a great way of starting off the second round. Ursula to me is probably the best rival Dawn has, yet she's the most arrogant rival she has. :\ The episode overall though was pretty good - I couldn't help but notice how the points system is so off balance this episode though.

@ Vernikova, glad I wasn't the only one to find the guy asking for a picture of Nando funny. xD
Old September 25th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Dooonerz
@JackDonnellyy

Nature: Timid
sorry to be noobish, but where did this air? :')

"Its shell is like armor and the attacks from
the hydro cannons on its back are virtually unstoppable."
Old September 25th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Vernikova

Cartoon Network at 7 EST in America.
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:32 AM
okjoek
Hoenn champ

somethings missing... oh yes! "looks like team rockets blasting off again! *ding*" I'm suprised that they actually made a quick buck without a single interferance!

TBH though, They should've left the contests for hoenn when they were fun to watch... Now i just want to see it move on to ishuu (spelling?)
~Okjoek~ "I will become the Hoenn poke'mon master!"
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
You know, I've become quite tired of these come from behind wins! Ursula should've won that battle and she had a pretty good strategy.

I thought the battle was a little too slow paced, unlike most others. But Ice Chandelier was pretty impressive. I also liked the Sandstorm/Scary Face combo, kinda reminds me of The Mummy.

I do have to say that Ursula is a great rival. It's too bad she's extremely stuck up and arrogant. She was all like, "I'm bored!" and she kept saying that Dawn was just there to make her look good. But I kinda hoped that she would use Plusle/Minun again at least once before she got eliminated.

I was also hoping for Jesselina to fight Ursula again. It would be epic if Jesselina finally got her revenge, because if you remember, she (Jesselina) lost to Ursula twice before.

I still hope for Jesselina to win the Grand Festival.

Kenny (eliminated)
Ursula (eliminated)
Zoey
Nando
Dawn
Jesselina

7.5/10
Ash. Dawn. Brock. Irvine. Contest. Gym Battle. Roses. This is...The Prism City Saga

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:35 AM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

Quite an episode, with plenty of plot twists. Ash and Gible getting hit by Draco Meteor was pretty funny. They finally get a taste of their own medicine. Dawn SHOULD NOT have won that match. It was yet another one of her last-minute victories. Then again, I wouldn't have wanted that egomaniac Ursula to win, either. She and Dawn are both annoying characters, but of course, one of them had to win.

A little more rhyming from Team Rocket than we've heard in recent episodes. That's all I have to say about them.

The battle was quite intense. All of the special effects were amazing, especially Flareon's scary face. One of the best battles, graphical wise, that I've seen.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old September 25th, 2010, 06:42 PM
GlalieX
Ruler of Illusion

Decent win by Dawn. I'm glad, cause' I hate Ursula. Possibly the most irritating rival in the history of the anime. She's a wannabe Paul.
Old September 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Neelh
i am so win lol!!1! :P

Nature: Quirky
I didn't see any of it coming, seriously! This was awesome. I love contest battles now, because this was so, nail-bitingly close!

SERIOUSLY.

"Uh... Can I have one of Nando?"

ENTER RANDOMCITIZENSHIPPING.

Paired with the inactive best friend in real life, Pikachu-dance!
Old September 26th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I still can't belive after all those hits Dawns pokemon took off Flareon and Gabite they still own she should have lost all her points halfway through the match! Anyways~ I did like ice chandelier and I liked the hovering add with mamoswines ancient power!
Can't wait for Zoey and Nando's battle :3
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old September 27th, 2010, 04:12 PM
AadmM
I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA

Nature: Bold
All I can say is I'm glad Ursala lost. Good riddance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerainisthajam
I also liked the Sandstorm/Scary Face combo, kinda reminds me of The Mummy.
Hah, so I'm not the only one who was reminded of that! Indeed an awesome move.
Old September 28th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Serene Grace
ニャース

Nature: Relaxed
I've never liked Ursula because she's just too much of an arrogant rival. To be honest, I was glad the Dawn beat her. However, the way she won was a bit unrealistic in my opinion. The amount of hits Dawn's Pokémon took was enough to knock them both out (especially Pachirisu) and I was surprised that they had enough power to pull off the final winning moves. Oh well, it was still a good win in Dawn's perspective and sets her up for a good tournament.
Twitter [x], Icon Credit [x]
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Right, what bothered me about the episode was how the hell Pachirisu and Mamoswine took so many hits, yet in the last few seconds they wiped Gabite and Flareon. Sorta on the unrealistic side.

Ursula was such a... dog, anyways >__> I hate her.
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
Old September 28th, 2010, 05:45 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Lets see, I always wonder why that Draco Metor is always aimed at Piplup. Some sort of attraction towards it..?

Next on, why does Ursula have to be so arrogant? And, the battle between Dawn and Ursula was actually quite engaging and thrilling throughout. Mamoswine and Pachirisu did take quite a lot of hits from their rivals, but they were still standing. They've got be high leveled and sure have a lot of HP. And yeah, Fantina seems to be more excited than anyone else there!

James and Meowth do have some business skills though, maybe they should get into the marketing department of Team Rocket, if they do have one.

Quite an interesting episode in my opinion. The battle could have been more realistic as pointed out by AdvancedK47.
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervyn797
Lets see, I always wonder why that Draco Metor is always aimed at Piplup. Some sort of attraction towards it..?
It's a gag. It doesn't have to make any kind of sense in this case.

e:
CARTOON NETWORK 1.6/9 Avg. (7a-1p)
Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.2/12; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.3/11; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 2.1/13; Sym-Bionic Titan 2.3/12; Generator Rex 2.1/11; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.8/8; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.2/6; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.5/7; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.5/7; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.0/5; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.1/6; Garfield (1x110) 2.7/15

Last edited by Vernikova; October 1st, 2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:38 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
This the same thing as the Wallace Cup, when Dawn was about to lose her points go on a stand still. A bit unfair if you ask me. Did anyone else notice that Dawn hit puberty when she said "Spotlight"?

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old October 5th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nice battle. Animation could have been a bit better, but it didn't matter much. Great strategies all around. I have to agree with everybody else though... It does seem like Ursula should have won. I mean, I didn't want Ursula to win, but... OK, you know what I mean. Still, it was exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
CARTOON NETWORK 1.6/9 Avg. (7a-1p)
Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.2/12; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.3/11; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 2.1/13; Sym-Bionic Titan 2.3/12; Generator Rex 2.1/11; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.8/8; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.2/6; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.5/7; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.5/7; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.0/5; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.1/6; Garfield (1x110) 2.7/15
Pretty good ratings for Pokemon this week. Even matching Bakugan? Nice. Glad to see that it's staying consistant as well. I wonder why the rest of the shows were so low...

Also, I still think CN needs to put Pokemon back in its 8AM slot.
Old October 31st, 2010, 11:18 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Unfair win for Dawn, this is why I hate the points metre thing, it only goes up and down whenever the writers feel they want it to >__> Not like it's not the same with battles...just more so in contests

- One guy asks for Nando XP
- Flareon's scary face is scary o.o
- Shouldn't Dawn lose points for getting hit with Shadow Ball?
- Shouldn't Dawn lose points for gitting into the wall with that ice move...? :/
- Weird music when Dawn wins
- Hehe, Jessie angry that her photos didn't sell

Music kept: (7)

Sinnoh Contest Theme
Route 12
Hoenn Gym Leader Defeated
RSE Legendary theme
Mamoswine uses Ice Shard
After Pachirisu bangs into the wall
Kimi no Soba de (battle version ~)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links