The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Pokémandias
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Remember that episode where Ash and friends go to that school in the fog and he battles the girl everybody likes? She has a Cubone and they say something about it being okay for him to use a club for some reason, what was that about? I can't remember how they explain that it's okay for him to use a weapon. Halp?
Old December 9th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Sector
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Are you talking way back in the beginning of the Anime, first season? Club=Bone you mean? He was crying and couldn't stop crying until they gave him the bone. It's been forever, I can't remember myself lol but I know which episode you're talking about!
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Pokémandias
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
Hmm...I don't recall any crying or anything...no it's the one where like the students all learn practical battling statistics and stuff but never actually battle in real life.
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
It's EP009 "The School of Hard Knocks" that you are alluding to.

Ash says: "Throwing that bone is a cheap way to win"
Giselle: "Well that's Cubone special attack, it's authorized by the Pokemon League and is perfectly legal"

And they actually did battle since she used a Gravler to beat Misty Starmie. And yes they were all about statics, since was the first mention of the level conceptions in anime which was vague at best.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
User1
Unhatched Egg

To those who have bought the Blu-ray version, I have a question.

Is the 14th Pokemon movie released on Blu-ray disc 1080p, 720p or 720p-upscaled-to-1080p (Pokemon BW was and is broadcast in Japan at only 720p)? I'm unable to find information on the movie resolution on Google or online stores that sell the movies.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Season finale of pokemon black and white?

Wait so the season will end with just 48 episodes?
or is this fake?
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
It's not at all suprising take a look at the first seasons of a few sagas;
  • The Johto Journeys - 41 episodes
  • Advanced - 40 episodes
  • Diamond and Pearl - 51 episodes
Though, I'd probably 50 mark as more accurate to this situation seeing as the Battle Frontier onwards has been handled by TPCi.

I'm not too sure I'd call this fake, but Bulbapedia credits this channel as Sarah's youtube channel and seems official. But yeah, she could have created a new account. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see if we get another episode title reveal first.

Last edited by Mew~; January 2nd, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

I think it's fake because that channel uploaded the black & white theme and it probily is just having a holiday break
Old January 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Rcraftfirefox
Beginning Trainer

Hi. I'm new to forums. In the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Pokemon[/COLOR][/COLOR] episode Pokemon Paparazzi when Snap and Ash are talking about pancakes there is a strange picture of a pokemon in the background that looks kind of like a cubone or kangaskan. Possible unmasked cubone? or something else? Anyway I would like to know what you all think about it. And theories??? Please and thanks.
Old January 14th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Didn't meganium90 redirect you to the FAQ thread?

I took a little check for myself, but honestly it just looks like a brown coloured blob. The animators probably just drew it in randomly to fill up the scene. I doubt it's an unrevealed Pokémon if that's what you were thinking. If anything, looked a little like a Charmander to me.

Old January 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcraftfirefox View Post
Hi. I'm new to forums. In the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Pokemon[/COLOR][/COLOR] episode Pokemon Paparazzi when Snap and Ash are talking about pancakes there is a strange picture of a pokemon in the background that looks kind of like a cubone or kangaskan. Possible unmasked cubone? or something else? Anyway I would like to know what you all think about it. And theories??? Please and thanks.
In the future if you have a simple question please you the Simple Help Topic instead of making a topic of your own.

Old January 14th, 2012, 08:11 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Well since there was no new dub episode of pokemon last Saturday i guess the confirms the season ending.
Also does this

@10:50
confirm Pokemon season 15 Rival Destinies?
Old January 14th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

I think they will air all the black & white gym battles and then start season 15
Old January 19th, 2012, 12:29 PM
masterquestmq
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

I was rewatching the kanto series and I noticed something.

The safari zone in the anime wasn't only used for the safari game, but it was also a path from one city to another. is this true? or am I just not looking at it right. SInce there was a banned episode there which creates uncertainty here and there. What are ur views?
Old January 19th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
How many episodes of B/W have been aired currently? I'm trying to catch up.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old January 19th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterquestmq View Post
I was rewatching the kanto series and I noticed something.

The safari zone in the anime wasn't only used for the safari game, but it was also a path from one city to another. is this true? or am I just not looking at it right. SInce there was a banned episode there which creates uncertainty here and there. What are ur views?
Pretty sure the Safari Zone encompassed the catching area and a pokemon preserve as seen in "The Kangaskhan Kid". And they aren't banned everywhere, so they can still be viewed if you can find them by searches. As for my view it doesn't matter since Anime already ignores a lot of game aspects/mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roen52 View Post
How many episodes of B/W have been aired currently? I'm trying to catch up.
Right now 63 have been aired. BW023 and BW024 is still indefinitely waiting to be aired. 45 Episodes have aired in Dub.

Old January 19th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
BTW, Hasn't it been like 2 weeks and no new Dubbed Episode yet? What's up with that?
Old January 20th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
BTW, Hasn't it been like 2 weeks and no new Dubbed Episode yet? What's up with that?
It's just another Haitus, many are expecting a new season due to an interview with John Loeffler. I think he said the next opening was called "Rival Destinies" or something along those lines. I don't think it'll be off for too long now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Right now 63 have been aired. BW023 and BW024 is still indefinitely waiting to be aired. 45 Episodes have aired in Dub.
Actually 47 episodes have aired in the dub so far, that number doesn't include the TR vs TP, and Brock and Dawn specials.

Old January 21st, 2012, 12:47 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

It's just another Haitus, many are expecting a new season due to an interview with John Loeffler. I think he said the next opening was called "Rival Destinies" or something along those lines. I don't think it'll be off for too long now.

What about the Japanese episodes? I never heard they got a second season while they actually crossed 47 episodes...I know episodes in Japan may air differently and such but also, I don't believe the difference would be that much.
Old January 21st, 2012, 04:24 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
What about the Japanese episodes? I never heard they got a second season while they actually crossed 47 episodes...I know episodes in Japan may air differently and such but also, I don't believe the difference would be that much.
The Japanese episodes in a completely different way to the dubbed episodes. Each saga is usually just aired under one series/season. Then the dub usually divides the saga into four season (usually around about 50 episodes). Take Ash's adventures in Hoenn, that aired in Japan as one series called Advanced Generation, which was divided by the dub into Advanced, Advanced Challenge, Advanced Battle and Battle Frontier. Theres also Sinnoh, which aired in Japan as one series called Diamond and Pearl and was divided by the dub into D&P, D&P: Battle Dimension, D&P: Galactic Battles and D&P: Sinnoh League Victors.

Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Mighty Earth Sage
Beginning Trainer

is there any explanation for the repeats on CN the last couple Saturdays?

I really would like to see the Nimbasa gym battle asap.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
It's very likely that they're airing repeats because the dub has gotten very close to the original so they're waiting until there's a bigger gap before airing new episodes again. We were only 15 episodes or so away.

pair clubs
family twin
my star
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Earth Sage View Post
is there any explanation for the repeats on CN the last couple Saturdays?

I really would like to see the Nimbasa gym battle asap.
In the future when you have Simple Questions like this use the pinned topic instead of making a thread of your own. And as Cirno said they need to distant out the Sub and Dub. They do the same thing in other anime when the anime gets to close to the manga. Not to mention Season 15 is in the works so that is probably another reason.

Old January 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Spiderz
coffee emperor

Nature: Hasty
so i want to watch pokemon series and the movies in order with my brothers, i have purchased pokemon season1 boxset indigo league, after watching boxset 1, what next? when should somebody watch the first, second pokemon movie etc in relation to the overall series progression?

*i created this post because i believe i may get mixed opinions on the matter etc

Last edited by Spiderz; January 26th, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderz View Post
so i want to watch pokemon series and the movies in order with my brothers, i have purchased pokemon season1 boxset indigo league, after watching boxset 1, what next? when should somebody watch the first, second pokemon movie etc in relation to the overall series progression?

*i created this post because i believe i may get mixed opinions on the matter etc
In the future if you have general questions then please use this thread. In terms of movies going along with with series it is answered already in these posts http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=323 and http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=324

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here