The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:34 PM
Becky
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
I was watching season 1 and it got up to the episode 'Holiday Hi-Jinx' (think it is this one). Ash released Charmander to battle Jinx. I was confused that he released Charmander because it had evolved to Charizard?. The next episode had Charmander as well. What went on here?. I never quite understood it.

Sorry if in wrong section
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Asrodrig
#1 Meowth fan

Nature: Relaxed
I noticed that too. I think it's just a continuity error, maybe because the Christmas episode was made before Charmander evolved...

Friend Code (White): 1249 3339 2199
Friend Code (SoulSilver): 3868 3924 6847
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
shininglatios217
Wayward Son

Nature: Timid
They had to change the episode order because the Porygon incident happened before they could air this episode (Electric Soldier Porygon aired at December 16th, 1997 and Holiday Hi-Jynx was going to air at December 23rd, 1997).

Sorry if I misspelled something or if I wasn't clear, I'm still learning English.

Currently working on a Pokémon Black devamp.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Becky
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
thanks for the info! I looked through the episode list and you're right.
I thought Charmander de-evolved lol

Old December 4th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I was re-watching all anime from the beginning and I noticed in Episode 12 Here Comes the Squirtle Squad Ash had a Gun(s) pulled on him, as he also did Episode 35 Legend of Dratini. Only difference is Episode 35 was banned in America and Episode 12 was not. All they did in 12 was change up the dialogue to make it seem less serious, they didn't even edit out the guns or the scene which they very well could have in both. But the choose to ban one and keep the other that doesn't make too much sense to me. Also my second question is even if they are banned in regular broadcasting does that mean they are excluded from the DV's?

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old December 4th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I was re-watching all anime from the beginning and I noticed in Episode 12 Here Comes the Squirtle Squad Ash had a Gun(s) pulled on him, as he also did Episode 35 Legend of Dratini. Only difference is Episode 35 was banned in America and Episode 12 was not. All they did in 12 was change up the dialogue to make it seem less serious, they didn't even edit out the guns or the scene which they very well could have in both. But the choose to ban one and keep the other that doesn't make too much sense to me. Also my second question is even if they are banned in regular broadcasting does that mean they are excluded from the DV's?
Legend of Dratini had guns everywhere, and it was banned for other material as well. Team Rocket held a man hostage in this episode and had a gun pointed right next to his head, and Meowth had a Hitler-esque mustache. This scene here should show you why the episode was never aired in the US. There's one swear word in there, but I don't believe that's actually what James was saying.

And yes, the banned episodes are not featured in DVDs.

Paired to cr4y

Last edited by Kirbychu; December 4th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Hmmm... okayyyyy.

Thing is, I chose to do a horror story for an assessment for English in school. Now, what I need is name names of the containment pods mewtwo was in at the start of the movie (before he smashed it) the same thing the clones where stored in before he called them out. Thanks.

Old December 18th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Mahou Tsukai
Beginning Trainer

The scenes with intense flashing could've been toned down or removed and this episode re-aired.

But this didn't seem to have happened, why?
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

It wasn't just the note of the actual episode, and was more serious than any other episode. It wasn't just boob's a gun or racism. It caused 800 japanese children to go into hospital. The show was put of a 4 month stop and Nintendo was blamed for it. The episode in general was banned in all other countries, so 4kids didn't have the change to edit it, they couldn't. Another reason probably was because the flashing lights, etc, probably went on for quite a while, so if they cut it out, it would end up being around 10 mins.

Old December 18th, 2010, 11:35 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
^Pretty much that. I don't blame Porygon for giving the 800+ kids the seizures, they were caused by Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

Old December 19th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Merged with the FAQ thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
It wasn't just the note of the actual episode, and was more serious than any other episode. It wasn't just boob's a gun or racism. It caused 800 japanese children to go into hospital. The show was put of a 4 month stop and Nintendo was blamed for it. The episode in general was banned in all other countries, so 4kids didn't have the change to edit it, they couldn't. Another reason probably was because the flashing lights, etc, probably went on for quite a while, so if they cut it out, it would end up being around 10 mins.
It's pretty much this. The reason it hasn't been aired is most likely nothing more than common courtesy. Airing the episode would have been extremely disrespectful, and the Japanese government did place a worldwide ban on the episode. According to Maddie Blaustein a safer dubbed version does in fact exist, it just can't legally be aired.

Paired to cr4y

Last edited by Kirbychu; December 19th, 2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old December 19th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

They could easily cut out the part with the seizure scene and it wouldn't effect any part of the episode.

I just hate how Porygon and it's evolutions won't be able to appear on T.V due to this incident.

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:57 AM
newbiefan
Beginning Trainer

Hi, first post here, and I was wondering if ya'll could help me identity a Pokemon episode I've been trying to track down.

I can't remember the exact plot, but Ash and the others enter some sort of Quiz bowl/game show, and Jessie and James tie up the real hosts and take their place so they can sabotage the whole programme. I think it ends with a bomb being set off or something.

I know that isn't terribly descriptive, but I'd really appreciate if anyone knew which episode I was thinking of. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Lilith; March 31st, 2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Even though you've posted this in the wrong place im sure Im allowed to answer if this gets moved.
Im not quite sure if I can remember an episode like that, can you remember what region it was or who were his companions at the time?

Old December 20th, 2010, 07:54 AM
newbiefan
Beginning Trainer

OOps. My apologies to the mods.

I don't remember the exact era, but it was definitely after the initial series. Possibly Joto or past that phase.

Maybe I'm confusing two stories. Anyone remember a story where Team Rocket tied up some guys and assumed their place? Because I'm pretty sure I remember that part.

Last edited by newbiefan; December 20th, 2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Hmmm... this will be a tough case, lemme think. There was an episode in kanto, but you've noted it's in johto or further.
"The Punchy Pokémon" Team rocket stole a mans Hitmonlee and tied him up, left him in a locked toilet so they could use his fighting type pokémon in a fighting type tournament.

Old December 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

This really isn't that descriptive. It would help if you could give us just a bit more info. ;

Paired to cr4y

Last edited by Kirbychu; December 20th, 2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 07:59 PM
newbiefan
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post

This really isn't that descriptive. It would help if you could give us just a bit more info. ;
Hmm...I don't remember much about it. I'm really sorry.
I just remember that they were at some sort of gameshow/quiz bowl type thing, and Jessie and James took over as the hosts, and the whole thing ended with the building the contest was in blowing up I think.
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:07 PM
JALEEMEE
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys, Im new to the Pokecommunity so Hi. lol. So I was wondering if anyone had a list of the pokemon episodes with tournaments in them. I love those episodes, they are just battle after battle. Thanks!
Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:36 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALEEMEE View Post
Hey guys, Im new to the Pokecommunity so Hi. lol. So I was wondering if anyone had a list of the pokemon episodes with tournaments in them. I love those episodes, they are just battle after battle. Thanks!

Well, i've got nothing better to do:

Indigo League Tournament:
076: All Fired Up (Opening)
077: Round One! Begin! (Start)
078: Fire And Ice!
079: Fourth Round Rumble!
080: A Friend In Deed!
081: Friend And Foe Alike!
082: Friends To The End (End)

Whirl Cup Tournament:
217: Octillery The Outcast! (Opening & Start)
218: Dueling Heroes
219: The Perfect Match! (End)

Silver Conference:
267: Pop Goes The Sneasel (Opening)
268: A Claim to Flame! (Start)
269: Love, Pokemon Style!
270: Tie One On!
271: The Ties That Bind!
272: Can't Beat the Heat!
273: Playing with Fire!
274: Johto Photo Finish (End)

Hoenn League Tournament:
402: Like a Meowth to a Flame (Opening)
403: Saved by the Beldum (Start)
404: From Brags to Riches
405: Shocks and Bonds
406: A Judgment Brawl
407: Choose It or Lose It
408: At the End of the Fray (End)

Sinnoh League Tournament:
650: An Old Family Blend! (Opening)
651: League Unleashed! (Start)
652: Casting a Paul on Barry!
653: Working on a Right Move!
654: Familiarity Breeds Strategy!
655: Intense Fighting Full Battle! Ash VS Paul! (Not aired in english yet)
656: Rival Battle Conclusion! Ash VS Paul! (Not aired in english yet)
657: Sinnoh League Semi-Final! Darkrai Appears! (End) (not aired in english yet)

Old December 22nd, 2010, 02:11 PM
JALEEMEE
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

Well, i've got nothing better to do:

Indigo League Tournament:
076: All Fired Up (Opening)
077: Round One! Begin! (Start)
078: Fire And Ice!
079: Fourth Round Rumble!
080: A Friend In Deed!
081: Friend And Foe Alike!
082: Friends To The End (End)

Whirl Cup Tournament:
217: Octillery The Outcast! (Opening & Start)
218: Dueling Heroes
219: The Perfect Match! (End)

Silver Conference:
267: Pop Goes The Sneasel (Opening)
268: A Claim to Flame! (Start)
269: Love, Pokemon Style!
270: Tie One On!
271: The Ties That Bind!
272: Can't Beat the Heat!
273: Playing with Fire!
274: Johto Photo Finish (End)

Hoenn League Tournament:
402: Like a Meowth to a Flame (Opening)
403: Saved by the Beldum (Start)
404: From Brags to Riches
405: Shocks and Bonds
406: A Judgment Brawl
407: Choose It or Lose It
408: At the End of the Fray (End)

Sinnoh League Tournament:
650: An Old Family Blend! (Opening)
651: League Unleashed! (Start)
652: Casting a Paul on Barry!
653: Working on a Right Move!
654: Familiarity Breeds Strategy!
655: Intense Fighting Full Battle! Ash VS Paul! (Not aired in english yet)
656: Rival Battle Conclusion! Ash VS Paul! (Not aired in english yet)
657: Sinnoh League Semi-Final! Darkrai Appears! (End) (not aired in english yet)

You are the greatest! I love you! Thanks!
Old December 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
KiteRunner13
Beginning Trainer

Hey everyone, new to the forums

Just wanted to ask for some peoples opinions on the cheapest/best place to buy new or used box sets of all the seasons. I'm looking to eventually own all of them so i'm looking to find the best place to pick them up. So far the best places i've found are craigslist to hope for someone in town or ebay... but i don't really like paypal.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
-Kite
Old December 23rd, 2010, 04:18 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Well my only advise would be to check around local DVD stores etc, if you want them really cheap then I would recommend ebay or amazon (Considering you make a paypal).

If you live anywhere in the UK then try around a local HMV store, they have loads of Pokémon DVD's.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:48 AM
KiteRunner13
Beginning Trainer

Good idea on the video stores, i'll have to try and remember all of the ones in my town and go visit them tonight after work.

Amazon doesn't seem to have the 6-11 range of seasons which is what im in a huge need of right now. And Ebay has a few listings for the 6-11 seasons but they are mostly international and slightly overpriced for me.

I bought seasons 1-2 for 50$ from a guy in town - found through craigslist
I've found seasons 3-5 for 80$ as a bundle online and will probably buy them soon.

I'm hoping to pay a similar price for the other ones.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
ponyboy
Beginning Trainer

1. how old is conway?
I'm wondering how old he is because he looks like an adult,yet he's hitting on dawn often. the thing is that an adult hitting on a kid isn't approiate for shows oriented for children. so is he realy 18+ or is he younger than he looks.

2.Did May travel in johto by herself?

3.How old is misty?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here