Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:32 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Advertise here
Is Ash is in Unova region because Pro.Oak is on vacation?
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Ursula
have we got a deal?
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Ursula Send a message via Skype™ to Ursula
He's not on vacation, I think. Professor Oak is there talking about Pokemon or attending seminars in general.
He's just dressed the way he is to 'have a feel of being on vacation' because apparently there will be times for leisure between seminars.
JOIN THE CHAT!
Paired with Hiroshi Sotomura and Cherrim
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Becky
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
He won it in that bug catching contest. The episode where he gave his Beedrill to Casey (the ElectroBuzz fan). In Season 4.
What did he do with it? I know he kept it.

Old January 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Ursula
have we got a deal?
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Ursula Send a message via Skype™ to Ursula
He used it to evolve a Sunkern in Moving Pictures.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP187
JOIN THE CHAT!
Paired with Hiroshi Sotomura and Cherrim
Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
Chatot Lover
happy

Nature: Relaxed
So well, I just found this German version of "Pokémon World" and wanted to know if there is an English version of this as well :

Apparently, this is the Pokémon Movie 2000 "Pokémon World" version but I can't seem to find this in English anywhere!

Does anyone know anything about this?

Hope, it was ok to ask this here :)
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Heh, I uprised you couldn't find it, it's the orange islands opening theme too.

Heres the version you want (sung by Youngstown and Nobody's Angel
for the second movie): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nciR_TTxN7c
Full Version of the original for the opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SeGoR8ZzUY

Couldn't find the actual opening theme sequence because of copyright issues.
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Last edited by Mew~; January 22nd, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Chatot Lover
happy

Thank you, Mew~, but don't you think that the German song I posted above is different from the English movie one? I find it much slower, but that could just be me. The beginning is different as well.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help :)
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:16 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I'm pretty sure that the American version = The German version in terms of what it actually is, but the songs themselves are different. I doubt there would be an English translation of a German song based on a previously released English song.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
Does anyone remember the trailer we got at the end of the Arceus movie showing Ho-Oh and Lugia fighting and how it was supposedly the next movie?

If you don't here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bDqOsFtgng

So exactly what happened to that movie?

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
It's just a cameo and this is just a teaser for the movie. They made not appearance in the movie, so as far as we know the battle ends there.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Hardback247
Beginning Trainer

I have another question regarding Mewtwo Strikes Back. Does anyone know of a Japanese copy of the movie that doesn't have the CG added to it? I did find one Japanese version of it, but it still has the CG from the English dub.

I'm also looking for English-translated scripts of Revelation-Lugia and Lord of the Unknown Tower.

Last edited by Kirbychu; January 23rd, 2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: The edit button exists for a reason. :)
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM
AyameHikaru
Beauty Queen

Nature: Impish
I know what you're talking about. As far as I know, you'd have to find one of the original release ones. Good luck?
~When Life gives you lemons, make grape juice and let Life wonder how you did it.~
LOOKING FOR A DISGAEA FAN/SPRITER FOR A CROSSOVER GAME!
Current Challenges:
Ultimate Fire Type Challenge: Johto, 10 Badges
Lyrics Challenge: Kanto, 1 Badge
Nuzlocke Challenge: Kanto, 0 Badges
Monochrome Challenge: Hoenn, 5 Badges
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Hardback247
Beginning Trainer

The non-CG version of Mewtwo Strikes Back doesn't matter to me for the moment. What I really want for now are Japanese 5.1 surround tracks for Revelation-Lugia (The Power of One) and Lord of the Unknown Tower (Spell of the Unown). I also want The Power of One (The American version) in its original widescreen. I found it in widescreen somewhere and it has the English track along with the Japanese track, but it has the Japanese text.

BTW, What English text was added by 4Kids besides the opening logos and all of the credits? In the end, does having the English text really matter?
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
TheMightyMrPlow
Pokemon N00B!

So here's the deal. I don't know any pokemon after the first generation, and I want to so I can play the games past R/B and actually have an idea of what I'm catching.

I figure my best bet would be to watch some of the anime. When I was younger I watched it all up to where it started introducing the second gen. I think around the Mew2 movie I may have stopped?

Anyway here is what I ask of you fine people. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me what episode I need to start with? I can't figure out what episode the second gen pokemon come into it. Also, if anyone could give me a quick summary to refresh my memory of how the first gen series ended, I remember something about a tournament and Gary or something.

If I'm asking too much I understand
I'm probably the most indecisive person you'll ever meet.
So much in fact, that I was going to change this font to a cool color, but I couldn't decide which on.

Last edited by TheMightyMrPlow; January 28th, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:01 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The first Johto episode is called "Don't Touch That 'Dile." In the Johto arc (don't click the spoiler if you don't want to find out the ending):
Spoiler:
Ash defeats Gary in the Silver Conference and Ash is beaten by Harrison in turn.

Old January 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
TheMightyMrPlow
Pokemon N00B!

Is that spoiler the ending of the johto series, or the I Gen series? Cuz I need a summary of the end of the I Gen.

Also thank you so much for the episode!
So much in fact, that I was going to change this font to a cool color, but I couldn't decide which on.
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Cooker
As free as my hair

Nature: Sassy
^that's the ending of Johto series. The Kanto series concludes with Ash losing to Richie, this other kid with a Pikachu, in the Pokemon League. Then Ash decides to go to the Orange Islands, which makes a mini series between Kanto and Johto.
If you wanna watch the Orange Islands, the first episode is called A Scare in the Air.
POLAR BEAR

||I’m a soldier to my own emptiness||
||I am a winner||
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:03 PM
TheMightyMrPlow
Pokemon N00B!

Ah, Thank you both very much. I didn't even know there was an in-between series.
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Cooker
As free as my hair

Nature: Sassy
Sure thing, except I just kinda relaized that the Orange Islands are still mostly Gen I Pokemon, aside from Togepi. You might just wanna skip to Don't Touch That 'Dile if you're only watching to see new Pokes.
POLAR BEAR

||I’m a soldier to my own emptiness||
||I am a winner||
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:39 PM
TheMightyMrPlow
Pokemon N00B!

Well that's just the main reason, I can still enjoy the series while I'm at it right
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM
jwxie518
Beginning Trainer

so my friend asked me what episode was it from?
does anyone know?
thanks !

the image is here
Quote:
30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfmp8qiSpK1qapdsqo1_500.gif
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:10 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxie518 View Post
so my friend asked me what episode was it from?
does anyone know?
thanks !

the image is here
It isn't necessarily an episode, it's from a movie. Pokémon Movie 12: "Arceus and the Jewel Of Life"
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old January 31st, 2011, 02:12 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
In fact, the Spiky-eared Pichu has made an appearance only in the movie, Arceus and the Jewel of Life. It never appeared in any episode or such.
Old January 31st, 2011, 05:50 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post
In fact, the Spiky-eared Pichu has made an appearance only in the movie, Arceus and the Jewel of Life. It never appeared in any episode or such.
Actually "In Fact" it's appeared in 23 episodes.

----> It had it's own DP ending called: "Get Fired up, Spiky-eared Pichu!" Which aired through DP122 to DP145. So yeah, it did have it's appearences in episodes - but lets stay a bit on-topic.

Old January 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
jwxie518
Beginning Trainer

You guys rock! Oh I forgot to say "thank you" LOOOL
i mean this is insane. i wasn't expecting an answer, because there are so many eps and movies out there.
Thanks!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here