The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:38 AM
TheFattestSnorlax
is bored
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
Question: What is the deal with Arcanine?

Arcanine is one of the strongest Fire Pokemon in the anime. I never thought
about it much before, but Arcanine's description calls it a "legendary" Pokemon, yet it can be caught naturally, can breed, and is an evolved Pokemon. WHAT??
I need somebody to figure this out!
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
It doesn't ring any bells for me SonicTH, but i'll search around for you.

No, Arcanine is not a Legendery. That term is just used in the PokéDex to describe it's strength and species - but that can just be thought as a matter of opinion. Anyway, it can't be because Legendaries cannot evolve.

I found an artical on it from Wikipedia; (although this isn't a trustworthy source I do agree it somewhat makes sense.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Arcanine's species is classified as "Legendary" in the Pokédex, although the word is probably used in an entirely different context than with the actual Legendary Pokémon. It is theorized, however, that Arcanine was one of the original three Legendary Pokémon, the other two being Zapdos and Articuno. It is thought the game designers decided to make all three legendary Pokémon birds and so they replaced Arcanine's status as the legendary fire Pokémon with Moltres.[citation needed] They did, however, give it the label of "Legendary Pokémon". Arcanine's sum of base stats are the highest below 580, which is the benchmark for Legendary Pokémon like Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

In the Series 1 episode: "Emergency!" An image of Arcanine appears on a stone tablet of Legendary Pokémon, alongside Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.

Old February 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
As Mew said it is not Legendary in pokemon terms of what a legendary is. Especially in the anime when you have "Legendary" pokemon in the game that are common(not super common) like the regis, Heatran, the bird trio, Shaymin. According to Bulbapedia he is based off a Korean mythical creature Xiezhi which resembles a lion but is a fire dog. Its probably no mistake that Arcanine was released as an event pokemon in 2009 Battle Series tournament, which was Korean exclusive. I don't know about Arcanine being one of the strongest Fire types since we have seen plenty of Ash Charizard and pokes like Harrison Blaziken. And Phione is a pre evo of Manaphy, although it cannot directly evolve into Manaphy.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old February 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTH View Post
Hi all...(I hope I post it in the right topic...I'm new here...If I understood correctly,it's topic about any questions about Anime...Sorry if something is wrong)
I really need your help...Can anyone help me found number and name of the serie for these screenshot? It is necessary for me and my friends for our game.
Pleeease,I need your help...=( Thank you...
Judging by the animation style I'm positive that screen is from an episode in seasons 1-5... I'll do some searching around to help you as well.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
SonicTH
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to SonicTH
Mew~ and Kirbychu,aww,thank you,thank you so much! I'll be very glad if you can help me!!!
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTH View Post
Hi all...(I hope I post it in the right topic...I'm new here...If I understood correctly,it's topic about any questions about Anime...Sorry if something is wrong)
I really need your help...Can anyone help me found number and name of the serie for these screenshot? It is necessary for me and my friends for our game.
Pleeease,I need your help...=( Thank you...
Well it looks like a Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro and if I remember correctly that would be from EP244 called Enlighten Up!
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:42 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Well it looks like a Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro and if I remember correctly that would be from EP244 called Enlighten Up!
Yep all of it seems correct.
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Frazer
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Hey all, I have a question that seems impossible to find an answer to by normal means. I am wondering, on the trailer for Pokemon:Black and White, the one recently shown on English tv channels, what is the name of the song that is played? I am meaning the trailer that is just saying "get a chance to preview the new series, pokemon:black and white this Sunday at 9.25am". The only part you hear from the song is "come on!" then a little guitar solo after. Any information would be really helpful, thanks in advance!
Old February 27th, 2011, 08:41 AM
SonicTH
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan

Mew~,Kirbychu,vaporeon7,THANK YOU, thank you guys! You helped me so much)!!! Thank you for your responsiveness!
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Demorid
Beginning Trainer

Hi fellows,
I registered to this forum because I've been looking for battle music I heard in an episode of Pokemon. Whenever I google it or try to find it on YouTube, I get redirected to the most common Battle Music used in Pokemon, which is not what I'm looking for at all.

It's in Episode 312, 'The Spheal of Approval'. I found a website that streams this episode, but I'm not allowed to post links yet, so sorry about that.
If you do find a website that has the episode, the music I'm looking for plays around 18:30. Can anyone identify it and perhaps direct me to a page I can listen and/or download it?

Thanks in advance!
Old February 27th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Have you listened to all the OSTs? It might be on one of them.

Old February 27th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demorid View Post
Hi fellows,
I registered to this forum because I've been looking for battle music I heard in an episode of Pokemon. Whenever I google it or try to find it on YouTube, I get redirected to the most common Battle Music used in Pokemon, which is not what I'm looking for at all.

It's in Episode 312, 'The Spheal of Approval'. I found a website that streams this episode, but I'm not allowed to post links yet, so sorry about that.
If you do find a website that has the episode, the music I'm looking for plays around 18:30. Can anyone identify it and perhaps direct me to a page I can listen and/or download it?

Thanks in advance!
Well, your not even allowed to link to websites that air episodes anyways, so it's a good thing you can't post links. :/ Anyways, your thread was moved to the FAQ thread.

Paired to cr4y

Old February 27th, 2011, 11:07 PM
The Noob Hacker
Praise the sun.

Nature: Calm
So I was watching a few episodes, and ever since the beginning there was always something bothering me. It's not major, just a slight disturbance. Does Ishuu (I refuse to call it Unova) make everyone's eyes brighter or something? I mean everyone's eyes are so outstandingly bright! What's up with that?
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:58 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noob Hacker View Post
So I was watching a few episodes, and ever since the beginning there was always something bothering me. It's not major, just a slight disturbance. Does Ishuu (I refuse to call it Unova) make everyone's eyes brighter or something? I mean everyone's eyes are so outstandingly bright! What's up with that?
Yes they made Ash, Jessie, James and a few other characters irises bigger.
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Well it's really just because of the animation change, I don't think the region has anything to do with morphing their eyes. xD

Old February 28th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Yes its all the gas coming frmo Trubbish making there eyes go bigger

As everyone said it's just a small animation change wait everyone did say that, i cba to look up >>

It bothered me at first but now you can barely even notice it, only if you want to. :o
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Silverman
Touches Naive Squirtles

Nature: Jolly
Hey guys, I had a question about Professor Oak. Remember how he was always being molested by Muk? I am pretty sure Snorlax also gave him some problems in the anime too... somewhere in the first three seasons... does anyone remember which episodes Snorlax crushes Professor Oak? Like, you see Oak on the video phone and suddenly he is being smacked down by Snorlax?

We filmed an interview with voice actor Stuart Zagnit, the voice of Oak in the 4kids dub, and he told us his favorite Pokemon was Snorlax for this very reason. Anyway, now I have to find clips to use in the video! Any help would be great!

Old February 28th, 2011, 02:45 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
No, I don't think that Prof. Oak has ever been crushed by Snorlax because Snorlax may have spent most of its time eating and sleeping in Oak's lab.

Old February 28th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Silverman
Touches Naive Squirtles

Nature: Jolly
Yeah, I thought it was only Muk that was messing with Oak in the video phone scenes. I am pretty sure that only happened because Ash had too many Pokemon and the Muk was sent to Oak's lab instantaneousness. When he caught Snorlax in the Orange Islands I am pretty sure he just kept it around, only giving it Oak when he realized he couldn't feed it... damn, I'm upset that the voice actor didn't know this kinda stuff.

Anyway, if I am incorrect, and Snorlax did crush Oak, please correct me! Oh, and I guess I'll post a link on this forum when we finish the videos with him... they are pretty great.

Old February 28th, 2011, 04:41 AM
masterquestmq
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Bigger eyes first thing i notice and there is a sparkle to them.

i just get lost in their eyes...............
Old February 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Specifically, it goes in line with the new eye design that Sugimori used for the characters of BW. He changed the eye design in RS, but the anime has only really changed it since DP. Notice how Dawn's eyes are a different design to DP Ash's :P
Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
SonicTH
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan

Guys, can you tell me what music played at the end of each series of the first season, when Ash and the others say goodbye to new friends? (This is usually at sunset)

-welcome to my and my friend's site!
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Do you mean this music?
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Actually, it's the first one "Meeting and Parting" that SonicTH was looking for;
The BGM was used when Brock and Misty said goodbye to Ash in the episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later," although the BGM was only properly released a few days ago on the soundtrack, "TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010 Vol. 2"
Heres a link to it without the crazy japanese guy at the end;

Hope I helped a little on that.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:35 AM
SonicTH
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan

vaporeon7,Mew~,thank you guys! Yes, "Meeting and Parting" -this is what I was looking for!! Beautiful music

Sorry again guys, but I would be very glad if you tell me from which series these screenshots.... No need to search specifically!!! Only if someone knows.

-welcome to my and my friend's site!

Last edited by SonicTH; March 3rd, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here