< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks FireRed Pokémon Weather Version

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread Closed Thread

Old October 23rd, 2012 (2:11 PM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

ROM Information
  • Based on FireRed BPRE
Storyline
  • The small region of Sinmoi is home to many diverse species of Pokémon. In the heart of Sinmoi is the Weather institute that funds both the tourism and working industries in Sinmoi. However, dark times are approaching the region of Sinmoi with the villains of Team Aqua and Team Magma from Hoenn resuming their quests for weather domination in Sinmoi and they see the Weather Institute as a perfect place to start their quests.
  • New Pokémon trainers are given starter Pokémon by Professor Willow, Professor Willow keeps the starter Pokémon inside the Weather Institute for safe keeping. With the threat of evil rising the Weather Institute is out of access so no Pokémon are available to be given to new trainers starting out on their journeys.
  • You’re a young child ready to start out on their Pokémon journey and through your father’s vast connections he has managed to grab you an extreme rarity, he has secured your place in the Pokémon League challenge and has managed to convince Professor Willow you give you one of his own Pokémon from his laboratory in Panda Town. The Pokémon you will receive is a Pokémon with vast adaptability and is near perfect for the ever-changing weather conditions that await you in the region of Sinmoi.
  • It’s your destiny, it’s your time to take on the Pokémon League challenge and it’s your time to deal with the evils that threaten the Pokémon world. Good luck.
Features
  • Brand new region
  • Four exotic gym challenges and leaders to take on, followed up with an interesting Pokémon League campaign
  • A vastly challenging after-story journey to compliment the main gameplay
  • Out of the ordinary choice of Pokémon in the region
Screenshots

Credits
  • Tiles - Kyledove, Wesley FG, rhevarne_duh, alucus
#

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 23rd, 2012 (6:35 PM).
2015 Edition.

Nature: Modest
That title-screen looks good . Anyway, can you handle of doing 2 hack at the same time?
Old October 23rd, 2012 (7:11 PM).
Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
"Panda Town" The amount of win has already been put on display >:D good luck with the hack!
3DS FC: 2251-6429-5358

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLiLiBubba?feature=mhee
Old October 24th, 2012 (2:41 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonGiratinaX View Post
That title-screen looks good :). Anyway, can you handle of doing 2 hack at the same time?
If I'm 100% honest with you I need a break from making Sienna. I need to fall in love with ROM Hacking again and I simply can't do that making Sienna. I had this idea when I was at college one day and I've been secretly plotting it since. It shouldn't take more than a year to complete this (maybe less), so I guess the answer to your question is no.
#
Old October 24th, 2012 (3:25 AM).
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
"A vastly challenging after-story journey to compliment the main gameplay"

hopefully you can presevere to do that (after seeing what happen to Sienna). Good luck!

Old October 24th, 2012 (4:06 AM).
五代目水影
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
Criticism (I say whatever I don't like so don't be offended) : The titlescreen's arceus doesn't blend in nicely too the background (try something like what you did for Sienna) The tree colour is boring (try darker, but not too much) and I haven't really known the purpose, but assuming it does nothing, that piece of cave tile thingy is random and useless. If you feel you have too little decoration, try some enclosed pokemon field (like the pokemon nursery thingy in R/S/E) or smaller trees. I don't know if you plan to add house tiles because the old ones are very boring.

Praise:
Your mapping is quite good (duh? mod ) and other than the fact that the arceus does not blend in, I think the background looks good. Storyline is new and I like the fact that you are adding Teams A/M inside. Good luck on your new hack! I agree that you should take a break from Sienna. Good hack btw! but sometimes, too much isn't good.
Old October 24th, 2012 (11:22 AM).
what
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
(duh? mod ;))
Being a mod (or former mod) doesn't always mean you're an expert hacker. Gira and Fuji are terrible hackers.

Anyway this is looking...decent. If I'm being completely honest it doesn't wow me as much as Sienna. For starters I'm not digging the storyline too much, not that it's a terrible story or anything just the fact that at the end of Emerald Maxie and Archie had learnt from their mistakes and that's why they are my two favourite bad guy team leaders.
Mapping is good but some of those little corner path things at the doors of the house and lab would look better in my opinion. Not entirely fond of the tiles...No idea what it is just something about them, particularly the mountains. Something juts feels off about them and I can't quite put my finger on it.
I like the title screen, other than the Arceus mainly because I've never been really too fond of sprites on title screens, if I had time I could make you an Arceus pixel art, or maybe some one good at spriting could.

Anyway that's all.
Good luck.
Bye.
Please don't yell at me :(
Youtube
Old October 25th, 2012 (8:33 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
This hack looks good i like the screens
Old October 25th, 2012 (4:19 PM).

Looks good. I like the palettes you've chosen. I hope to see something come of this.

Pokémon Apokélypse - Coming Soon
Old October 25th, 2012 (4:26 PM).
who is shenanigans
ModeratorCS

Those tiles do not compliment one another. The mountain's shadows are lighter then the grass and don't mix with the style of the trees at all. The paths border is kinda repetitive and the detail in the sand is almost unnoticeable. The palette doesn't pop at all, its all wishy washy and yeah.

Trying not to compare this to Sienna because I'm sure you don't want that but yeah I much prefer Sienna's tiles.

The titlescreen looks nice (Dodrio Berry minigame right?), but you might want to throw some anti-aliasing on the text.
Old October 26th, 2012 (10:28 AM).
Guess who's back?

I agree, the tiles look odd and don't mix.
To me the tree's just look plain and flat, there's not obvious feature to them, like leaves or branches (If need be).

The story is pretty good, I like how you've got Team Magma and Aqua back for weather reasons again. But, I can't help but remember both Leaders saying they would quit the whole controlling weather thing.
gone.
Old October 26th, 2012 (4:46 PM).
Clueless Scripter :/

Nature: Adamant
Just a recommendation since everyone is bringing up the whole "team leaders quit at the end of the game," how about...someone else took over after them since they still had evil in their hearts? Problem solved :p
Old November 3rd, 2012 (1:29 AM).

Nature: Brave
Its nice to see Manipulation on a new project since I never could forgot Sienna still today. Keep it up
Old November 3rd, 2012 (3:25 AM).
I know who you are.

Im tempted to say Castform, I'm guessing Castform has some sort of relevance in all of this?

The coolest thing you could do with is making some more variations of Castform, that'd be awesome! Or an evolution or two to Castform.

Demo coming soon!
Old November 5th, 2012 (6:49 AM).
Swadloon Trainer
Silver Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Looking good. I can't help but wonder what is is inside that cave =o and the title screen is beautiful.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old November 7th, 2012 (11:37 PM).

Any updates regarding this project Manipulation?
Old November 7th, 2012 (11:39 PM).
✪ Dragons Lead ✪

Nature: Quiet
Nice storyline nice tiles ... i sure will wait this till finish..
Old November 9th, 2012 (12:06 AM).

So will it be a pre alpha version or a beta or full release?
Old November 9th, 2012 (8:47 PM).
Rom Hacker.

I like the story its quite creative, but castform as the starter..
I most likely won't play this when its released for that one reason, or i'll just P.C him.
Sorry, just my opinion, also the tiles could use some work they dont match with the original fire red building and the palletes are bad, mainly the green. Honestly i'm really suprised in the quality of this hack compared to Sienna, but you have only just started and just like Sienna i'm sure things will change. Good luck
Pokémon Ice Version

When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Old November 9th, 2012 (11:36 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbles View Post
I like the story its quite creative, but castform as the starter..
I most likely won't play this when its released for that one reason, or i'll just P.C him.
Sorry, just my opinion, also the tiles could use some work they dont match with the original fire red building and the palletes are bad, mainly the green. Honestly i'm really suprised in the quality of this hack compared to Sienna, but you have only just started and just like Sienna i'm sure things will change. Good luck
Seeing the taste of this hack and answering your opinion What more could be expected as the starters...
Kecleon or a type changer poke itself
Old November 9th, 2012 (11:50 PM).
Rom Hacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Seeing the taste of this hack and answering your opinion What more could be expected as the starters...
Kecleon or a type changer poke itself
I think Kecleon would be a bad choice as if has nothing to do with weather.
And just because it's called Weather version it doesn't mean the starter has to have something in common with weather, for example it could be about the weather pokemon Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.
I think eevee might be a good starter just because it evolves and it would fit in nicely with your story.
Pokémon Ice Version

When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Old November 10th, 2012 (5:39 AM).
I want to be the very best!

Nature: Relaxed
I think your starter pokemon should be pokemon with weather abilities. I was thinking polliwag with drizzle, vulpix with drought, and maybe sandshrew or another ground type with sandstorm ability.

Just a thought!
Old November 11th, 2012 (11:33 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbles View Post
I think Kecleon would be a bad choice as if has nothing to do with weather.
And just because it's called Weather version it doesn't mean the starter has to have something in common with weather, for example it could be about the weather pokemon Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.
I think eevee might be a good starter just because it evolves and it would fit in nicely with your story.
Maybe you are right but the reason I was saying about Kecleon is that as Castform changes its type according to weather so does Kecleon when someone hits it with a move
Old November 12th, 2012 (10:40 AM).

Sounds like a good hack.I will definitely try it out.
Old November 14th, 2012 (4:34 AM).
~Have you ever seen the rain?~
Super ModeratorPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Jolly
Closed on the request of TO.

------------------------------------------

PokéCommunity Daily. Now live!
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links