Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old September 29th, 2010 (3:13 AM). Edited May 8th, 2011 by Forever.
can you feel the love tonight?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Third Game Speculation

Due to the third game name speculation thread discussing the third mascot Pokémon and some other things along those lines, we've decided to bring it all together into one thread.

What sort of discussions will occur here?

★ Third game name
★ Third game mascot
★ How it will implement version differences such as different gym leaders and the sorts
★ The storyline

...and anything else you can think of. This will make it easier to control posts, for us, too. So yeah, hopefully this thread stays alive until the third game is announced! Oh and you may also discuss whether you think they actually will make a third version - is it necessary?

TIME TO LIVEN DISCUSSION!

Hey guys, time for something we haven't discussed much recently since we need good speculation going on.

How would you feel if a few more towns/cities were added in the third game (not connected to "Grey _____"), and that the third game was set a few years after B/W, allowing the land to expand and actually develop to the top left or so (or even the land building, so it's construction up there, with the construction behind Castelia gone, and being a whole new area you can access - if so, what'd you like to see there?). And if the upper part of Unova expands, what would be featured in those locations? If this occured, how'd you like to see other cities expanded, too?

Also! Would you be more likely to purchase the third game with more of an enhanced region, or more of an enhanced storyline? Since really, there's a high chance they'll concentrate on just one of the two and the other won't have much effort put into it, tbh. And sadly I think it'll be the size of the region. And as what was pointed out was that the storyline is always expanded, but to what extent do you WANT it to be expanded? Wouldn't the experience be more enjoyable if the storyline didn't differ as much pre-e4, but you had a whole lot more to explore with sub storylines?

Idk just some things to think about. :D Since all we ever seem to do here is concentrate on the storyline, the mascot and the game names. Be creative in speculation guys!

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 29th, 2010 (3:20 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2011 by Forever.
Playhouse Pokemon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
well, i'd love it to have all three monkey owner to vs you in a triple gym battle,
and both iris and the other person in a double gym battle

and i dont think it will be pkmn grey, .... it just sounds weird...
but the Deerling fella will be the mascot
Old September 29th, 2010 (3:44 AM).
Moemon Hunter

Nature: Impish
I say the third 5th generation game, if any, will probably be named Pokemon Brown.
'Grey' seems unlikely because not a single special edition of Pokemon was a mixed color/metal/gem between their generations (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) and I don't think the 5th generation will be any different.

As an mascot I'd love to see Meroetta, though that most likely won't happen (being an event pokemon and all). So I guess it would be either Randorosu or Kyuremu.
Old September 29th, 2010 (4:27 AM).
Breeder and Battler
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
In my personal opinion, I think that, if there ever will be a Third version, the Ice/Dragon pokémon will be the mascot; I feel this is a given. However, I do believe they will be stuck for names, but I think Chrome version is a good shout.
Old September 29th, 2010 (4:57 AM).
Fallen Angel Yohane

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrax
Maybe the final gym battle in the third version will be a double battle between Irish and Shaga?
Old September 29th, 2010 (5:01 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Nope I still think it's the original guess Pokemon Grey. XD
Old September 29th, 2010 (5:23 AM).
Ideas and Insanity

If I had to guess right now, I would guess that the last game would be called Pokemon Gray. As far as the mascot goes, I'd also guess Kyuremu.

However, I am interested (and hoping!) to see a few changes in the third game: First is Gym Leader rematches. I thought those should have been in BW, but apparently they aren't.
Old September 29th, 2010 (7:30 AM).
Platinum Tier

My money is on Kyuremu as the mascot and the name as Pokemon Grey, or some variation of that color.
Old September 29th, 2010 (7:36 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_Wire466 View Post
My money is on Kyuremu as the mascot and the name as Pokemon Grey, or some variation of that color.
I'll pretty much agree with this.

Though to be honest, I wish they'd break the tradition. Like I said in the previous topic, I think it would be really cool if they broke away from having the third trio member as the cover art, and instead did something new. Following a bit in the footsteps of Crystal. Even better yet, perhaps have a whole trio on the cover, rather than just one Pokemon.
Old September 29th, 2010 (7:53 AM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
Don't you think Gray is a lil too...Non racial to be the name? xD
Pokemon Yellow was first and now Black and White.
Old September 29th, 2010 (8:04 AM).
stupid

maybe it'll be called somewhere along the lines of Pokemon Dimensions since it probly will be on the 3DS exclusively
Old September 29th, 2010 (2:29 PM).
Wait for it

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I'll pretty much agree with this.

Though to be honest, I wish they'd break the tradition. Like I said in the previous topic, I think it would be really cool if they broke away from having the third trio member as the cover art, and instead did something new. Following a bit in the footsteps of Crystal. Even better yet, perhaps have a whole trio on the cover, rather than just one Pokemon.
I would like that too, but yeah most likely that won't happen. Pretty much it's predictable that ice dragon will be the mascot.

Other things I believe will happen in the third game, some which were mentioned by others already:

-First gym I think will still be the same in which it'll depend on your starter. As much as I like a triple double, not sure if it's going to happen considering most players usually don't form a team of three decent leveled Pokemon early in the game.

-Eight gym most likely will be Shaga and Iris double battle or perhaps a new dragon gym leader all together (Emerald did that, so I won't be surprised if that happens again). If Shaga and Iris will be the gym leaders though, their rooster will slightly change for sure.

-Team Plasma/N storyline will be quite different too. Could be the chance N will control Kyuremu or he'll control both Reshiram and Zekrom and you control Kyuremu (yes, thinking Emerald again XD; ).

-This one a friend of mine suggested actually when we were talking about what'll happen in the third game. White Forest/Black City might be mashed together as "Gray Mountains." XD His reason is White Forest and Black City are spotted close/on the mountains (haven't played the games so not sure which mountains he was talking about :x).

And those are my predictions. XD
Old September 29th, 2010 (2:53 PM).
#1 Rockruff stan
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerme View Post
maybe it'll be called somewhere along the lines of Pokemon Dimensions since it probly will be on the 3DS exclusively
Um I really dont think they would call it that.

It will either be Grey/Gray depending on how you say it or Brown.

Dragon/Ice will be the mascot.
Old September 29th, 2010 (3:24 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Alexison View Post
I would like that too, but yeah most likely that won't happen. Pretty much it's predictable that ice dragon will be the mascot.

Other things I believe will happen in the third game, some which were mentioned by others already:

-First gym I think will still be the same in which it'll depend on your starter. As much as I like a triple double, not sure if it's going to happen considering most players usually don't form a team of three decent leveled Pokemon early in the game.

-Eight gym most likely will be Shaga and Iris double battle or perhaps a new dragon gym leader all together (Emerald did that, so I won't be surprised if that happens again). If Shaga and Iris will be the gym leaders though, their rooster will slightly change for sure.

-Team Plasma/N storyline will be quite different too. Could be the chance N will control Kyuremu or he'll control both Reshiram and Zekrom and you control Kyuremu (yes, thinking Emerald again XD; ).

-This one a friend of mine suggested actually when we were talking about what'll happen in the third game. White Forest/Black City might be mashed together as "Gray Mountains." XD His reason is White Forest and Black City are spotted close/on the mountains (haven't played the games so not sure which mountains he was talking about :x).

I think it will be like Emerald too, After you defeat N he would release the other two, then we will be able to get all three of them
Old September 29th, 2010 (3:26 PM).
Platinum Tier

I pretty much agree with what Bay said. There will most likely be a third area where you'd catch Kyuremu, and after you, do I think you could Visit the Black Forest and White City for Reshiram/Zekrom.
Old September 29th, 2010 (3:26 PM).
Haven't been here for ages...
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
I say the third 5th generation game, if any, will probably be named Pokemon Brown.
'Grey' seems unlikely because not a single special edition of Pokemon was a mixed color/metal/gem between their generations (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) and I don't think the 5th generation will be any different.

As an mascot I'd love to see Meroetta, though that most likely won't happen (being an event pokemon and all). So I guess it would be either Randorosu or Kyuremu.
If it were pokemon Brown then the Ground type genie would be the masot, as he is brown. It could very possibly be the ground type genie as the mascot, you do need the other two genies to get him so maybe he is quite a main legendary (if you know what I mean by that).

The ground genie also comes after Reshiram and Zekrom in the Pokedex not kyuremu so it makes the genie look like a likely option instead.

Old September 29th, 2010 (3:36 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gumball View Post
If it were pokemon Brown then the Ground type genie would be the masot, as he is brown. It could very possibly be the ground type genie as the mascot, you do need the other two genies to get him so maybe he is quite a main legendary (if you know what I mean by that).

The ground genie also comes after Reshiram and Zekrom in the Pokedex not kyuremu so it makes the genie look like a likely option instead.
Lol Giratina didn't either but both are likely Choices, Kyuremu or the ground Genie.
Old September 29th, 2010 (3:39 PM).
Pichu-pi!

Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
The Ground Genie? Highly unlikely. Up to now, all the mascots are connected in some way.

Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur (Gen I)= Starters

Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune (Gen II)= Ho-Oh and Lugia are opposites and Suicune is Ho-Oh's lesser. Being Water-Type, also has a slight affiliation to Lugia.

Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza (Gen III)= Creators of Land, Sea, and Sky. Based on Leviathan, Behemoth, and Zuu.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (Gen IV)= Representations of Time, Space, and Anti-Matter. Also, the first three branches of Arceus.

Reshiram, Zekrom...Genie?=Respresentations of Old and New...and fertile land? No.

If you feel like battling, send me a message (: I do use hacked Pokemon and am not afraid to admit it. If you have an restriction (No DW Pokemon, no legendaries, etc.) I'd be happy to oblige by those rules.
Old September 29th, 2010 (3:43 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey-Eared Pichu View Post
The Ground Genie? Highly unlikely. Up to now, all the mascots are connected in some way.

Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur (Gen I)= Starters

Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune (Gen II)= Ho-Oh and Lugia are opposites and Suicune is Ho-Oh's lesser. Being Water-Type, also has a slight affiliation to Lugia.

Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza (Gen III)= Creators of Land, Sea, and Sky. Based on Leviathan, Behemoth, and Zuu.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (Gen IV)= Representations of Time, Space, and Anti-Matter. Also, the first three branches of Arceus.

Reshiram, Zekrom...Genie?=Respresentations of Old and New...and fertile land? No.
Yeah I don't think so either but it's the second most likely to me so far...
Ps: Rayquaza is based on the Ziz not the Zuu
Old September 29th, 2010 (4:05 PM).
Ideas and Insanity

@Spikey: Giratina is about Dimension if I recall correctly, not antimatter.

I'm also not entirely sure if this fits in with the discussion, but when do people think a Third Version would be released? I'd estimate, at earliest, a Fall 2012 release for it. Of course, we could see another Gen III layout and have remakes (Hoenn? Kanto?) come first.
Old September 29th, 2010 (4:12 PM).
Pichu-pi!

Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
Whoops, get my mythology mixed up sometimes ; Also, I think it was stated that Giratina represented Anti-matter?

Anyways, anyone besides me hoping for a Battle Frontier? I loved Platinum's, so hopefully we'll see something like that again. BUT, hopefully they don't recycle the same Frontier like they did for SS/HG.

If you feel like battling, send me a message (: I do use hacked Pokemon and am not afraid to admit it. If you have an restriction (No DW Pokemon, no legendaries, etc.) I'd be happy to oblige by those rules.
Old September 29th, 2010 (4:17 PM).
Hear No Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxite View Post
@Spikey: Giratina is about Dimension if I recall correctly, not antimatter.

I'm also not entirely sure if this fits in with the discussion, but when do people think a Third Version would be released? I'd estimate, at earliest, a Fall 2012 release for it. Of course, we could see another Gen III layout and have remakes (Hoenn? Kanto?) come first.
In interview Junichi Masuda and Takeshi Kawachimaru did for G4, it was said that Giratina and its Distortion World were created to be personifications of antimatter, this is also stated in HeartGold and SoulSilver by Cynthia.

:3

I think it's rather obvious the third legend will be the Dragon/Ice Pokemon. I think to think otherwise is completely illogical. But just because the Dragon/Ice Pokemon seems like a logical choice, that doesn't mean it will be the choice without doubt. It's very possible they will pull a Crystal on us, as in, have a completely unrelated Pokemon be the mascot. However, unlike Gold and Silver, Black and White do have a third legendary that fits in with the first two. Gold and Silver did not, hence Suicune becoming the main third legend.
Are you an ally?

Are you looking for a friend?
Maybe some advice?
Or maybe just a place to feel normal?

Go to EmptyClosets.

Starstruck★ :Pair
Shinies :Important Links
Old September 29th, 2010 (4:22 PM).
kevin del rey
Silver Tier

I'm thinking Pokemon Gray and Kyuremu as the mascot.
And maybe Iris + Shaga double battle for last gym, as they were exclusive to B/W, why not battle both in Gray....? =P Or maybe you get to choose... I dunno. =3
Old September 29th, 2010 (4:23 PM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey-Eared Pichu View Post
Whoops, get my mythology mixed up sometimes ; Also, I think it was stated that Giratina represented Anti-matter?

Anyways, anyone besides me hoping for a Battle Frontier? I loved Platinum's, so hopefully we'll see something like that again. BUT, hopefully they don't recycle the same Frontier like they did for SS/HG.
I'm sure they'll add either a Battle Frontier or something similar to that, as well as rematches and animated trainer sprites. If they were present in the previous third games, very good chance we'll see it all in this one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Alexison View Post

I'm glad someone finally acknowledged my idea. XD

I can definitely see all those suggestions taking place. I definitely think we'll either see a combined White Forest/Black City or a brand new place unique to the third version. And perhaps we'll see a Triple Battle with the first trainers as some sort of rematch, because like you said... I doubt we'll see this right at the beginning of the game.
Old September 29th, 2010 (4:58 PM).
eeeeyup

SO many things to speculate about. :x Well, I'll only list a few things I hope that a few new features in the third version:

-Gym Leaders will have animated sprites again
-Gym Leaders will be higher leveled and/or different Pokemon (I hope Aloe gets afro buffalo :B)
-The first Gym Leaders will be a triple battle (I'm not sure about this, since I don't know how you'll have 3 Pokemon on your team by the time you get to this gym...)
-The Battle Frontier will return again
-There will be new forms for certain Pokemon (eeeh, not sure about this)
-The Pokemon Musical will be more engaging (this is just something that I WISH they would do :x)

And HOPEFULLY, they'll add some type of island that you can go to once you complete the main story. That'd be just swell. :B
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links