The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 9th, 2010, 04:35 AM
nmorr
Takin a brake. -_-

Nature: Jolly
I'd be happy to help! Just tell me what you need.

-Nmorr ッ

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 9th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Well, anything you can give me really.
I only have the male hero sprite atm, so a female hero sprite would be great
Old October 9th, 2010, 05:08 AM
nmorr
Takin a brake. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyninjaguy View Post
Well, anything you can give me really.
I only have the male hero sprite atm, so a female hero sprite would be great
Sure no problem, should I PM you them or should I post them here?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:45 AM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

Nature: Bold
I am working on a Prof. Araragi Sprite atm for my game but you can use it :]

Old October 10th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Small update.

Finished the evolution scene.
Also let my testers have a demo of the kit, which they seemed to like :3
There will be the first real test of the Updater utility later when i enable updates.

Oh yeah, update on the...updater...

1) Added two more options, Information and Update the Updater.
2) Various bugfixes.
3) The updater will now download graphics/audio/extras when enabled. This still needs to be version locked though.
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:57 AM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

For the updater will you be to have the maps from the main story line and then add maps through the updater and the mystery gift system?

Old October 10th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Well the updater is solely for the use of my kit, so when you distribute your game, just remove the updater so your script edits/graphics aren't overwritten.
Old October 10th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

Will this include an animated title screen.

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.

My Da Account ->here<-
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Yes, the title screen is finished.
But it'll be easy to customize for the non-scripter.
At the moment it's just a simple R/B/Y title with Pokemon scrolling past the player, but you'll be able to switch between that and stationary pictures by changing the configuration script.
Old October 11th, 2010, 05:30 AM
SpawnHyuuga
Elite Four Spawn

Nature: Timid
I'm starting to like this. If nothing else, it has the nice compiled resources. :3

For what it's worth, if I can - I plan on converting my game to this kit when it's done. :D

EDIT: If and when this is released, will the scripts be compatible with Essentials? I would love to use things like the Online Mystery Gift, Dual Screen...
Any images or works I post, are that of my own creation, or I have properly credited the artist/creator. If I am the creator, you may use my work in any way you see fit, provided you give credit. If it is someone else's work, please give them a message, asking if you can use it.
Old October 11th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Unfortunately no, due to the way that essentials is coded, and that my kit is structured.

You will however, be able to convert your project easily.
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM
nmorr
Takin a brake. -_-

If you need anything u can just pm me, k?
Any updates CNG?

Old October 13th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Gmack
I'm back!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gmack
And I thought PokeEssentials was great!
This is absolutely amazing! Also, the R/B/G title
was always my favorite.

Official Website :: http://gavinsblawg.webs.com/about
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:27 PM
koby1
The M4's Best Freind

Nature: Hasty
Just a suggestion you should make it so that in your version you may not have to use extended text because some people cant get it to work.

Currently beta testing:
Pokemon Uranium ( And Loving it! )
Old October 14th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmack View Post
And I thought PokeEssentials was great!
This is absolutely amazing! Also, the R/B/G title
was always my favorite.
It was always my favourite too :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by koby1 View Post
Just a suggestion you should make it so that in your version you may not have to use extended text because some people cant get it to work.
Well at the moment there's no script calls that are longer than the message box, and I'm aiming to keep it that way.
Old October 14th, 2010, 07:30 AM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyninjaguy View Post
Well at the moment there's no script calls that are longer than the message box, and I'm aiming to keep it that way.
You have no idea how glad I am to hear that. PE is so hard to work with in that aspect, as you have to space everything out PERFECTLY, if you even can.

Old October 14th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Update!

IVs and EVs have been implemented meaning that i finally have stat calculation all sorted out.

I'm also having to think hard about some stuff, but you'll hear about that when i've decided.
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:55 AM
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity

Nature: Adamant
You must have been working real hard sense the last update if it took you that long
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Nah, i've been too busy with my college work to be able to work on anything really.
Though i'm on half term, progress will still be slow, i have 175 pieces of coursework to finish by the end of the college year so i'll be working on and off on this.
Old October 14th, 2010, 12:19 PM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

@CNG I am working on 5th Gen OW Sprites would you like to use them? I currently only have the Prof. Araragi Sprite done but you can use my resources if you need to

Old October 14th, 2010, 04:33 PM
agent destroyer
pokemon prof. for team rocket

Location: in a deep dark carvern plotting to take over the world. HA HA HA!
Is there anything other than scripting (not skilled enough yet) and graphics I can do to help? btw I like your works, crazyninjaguy. Also i am a fast learner and very good at logic things.

Last edited by agent destroyer; October 14th, 2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:27 PM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent destroyer View Post
Is there anything other than scripting (not skilled enough yet) and graphics I can do to help? btw I like your works, crazyninjaguy. Also i am a fast learner and very good at logic things.
Agreed. I've been really thinking on what I can do to help you with this. I'm obviously no where near as good at scripting as you.

Fortunately, I do have some graphical capabilities if you need someone who can sprite, as well as being able to 3d Model(Though I'm afraid RMXP ruins that part...)

Old October 15th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerab01 View Post
@CNG I am working on 5th Gen OW Sprites would you like to use them? I currently only have the Prof. Araragi Sprite done but you can use my resources if you need to
I would love to use them, thank you :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent destroyer View Post
Just Overworld sprites really, that's the one thing i can't do quickly, i can do them, but it takes me a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGod64 View Post
Agreed. I've been really thinking on what I can do to help you with this. I'm obviously no where near as good at scripting as you.

Fortunately, I do have some graphical capabilities if you need someone who can sprite, as well as being able to 3d Model(Though I'm afraid RMXP ruins that part...)
As i mentioned in reply to AgentDestroyers post, i would love it if people would 'donate' overworld sprites :D
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM
hansiec
Scripting Genius

Nature: Quiet
Hey I can rip stuff off from firered and ruby for this kit if you need any help. Umm, I can't do sprites though...

PvP Script
Random Battle Generator

If you wish to donate to me you can do so here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Last edited by hansiec; October 15th, 2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old October 15th, 2010, 08:34 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Nature: Adamant
Dear CNG,

While looking at this starter kit (the thread anyways) I've noticed several things and I'd like to bring up a couple points about your Starter Kit.

Now onto my constructive criticism/ranting (lol). Please also read the bottom (below the dashed lines)

- Neo Mode 07 (3D)

lol This is not very impressive to say the least. For one, you aren't even going to be required to modify it to make it work, it's just plug-n-play for you. [rant] The second point I need to bring up it Neo Mode 07 is NOT 3D. It's technically a different 2D view. You may think I'm blindly saying this but I've learned from experience how NM07 works by modifying it for Pokemon Essentials' Starter Kit myself. Originally I did claim Neo Mode 07 was 3D on Pkmn Origin's thread but I have been realizing for the past few months Neo Mode 07 is not 3D, it's 2D in a different form.

For example, 3D has height, width, and depth. Neo Mode 07 has Height and Width but no depth, or the flooring may have depth but the objects certainly have no depth. They're just vertical and flat.[/rant] Anyways if you want to see 3D I am working on a live 3D engine, there's a demo and I have posted pics proving my engine is valid 3D, although I'm still adding more functions and fixing bugs I have made my point in Pkmn Origin's thread proving my 3D engine is valid. I am sorry if this came as a rash thought to you but, by definition, Neo Mode 07 is not actually 3D.

- Black/White Features

...like what? lol This subject is a bit broad, don't you think so? I can't really comment on so many possibilities.

- Black/White Graphics/Audio

Uhh...a little more specific? I mean are the tiles what you're aiming at or the GUIs of various systems, but this looks really useful either way

- Animated Pokemon

Is this going to be the whole 1,800+ Animations of the Pokemon from BW? (649 Pokemon * More than 3 animations per Pokemon) I'd imagine this is going to take a pretty long time to complete but I wish you luck, this would be absolutely amazing :D

--------------------------------------------------------

Overall the thread looks fine, I had a few questions and points you should hear though. I'm sorry if you were thinking this was bashing/flaming you, I was giving a little input about some things I did (and did not) like. A lot of the functions in this kit seem pretty basic (except the battle system, from what I can gather), but it's going to be nice to see it in action. =D I look forward to more updates on the progresses.

~ CP

3DS FC: 5241 1923 6787

- Public Resources -

Better Encryption for RMXP/RMVX

Last edited by CollosalPokemon; October 15th, 2010 at 08:40 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links