• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
For the updater will you be to have the maps from the main story line and then add maps through the updater and the mystery gift system?

Years
Well the updater is solely for the use of my kit, so when you distribute your game, just remove the updater so your script edits/graphics aren't overwritten.

Years
Yes, the title screen is finished.
But it'll be easy to customize for the non-scripter.
At the moment it's just a simple R/B/Y title with Pokemon scrolling past the player, but you'll be able to switch between that and stationary pictures by changing the configuration script.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
I'm starting to like this. If nothing else, it has the nice compiled resources. :3

For what it's worth, if I can - I plan on converting my game to this kit when it's done. :D

EDIT: If and when this is released, will the scripts be compatible with Essentials? I would love to use things like the Online Mystery Gift, Dual Screen...

Years
Unfortunately no, due to the way that essentials is coded, and that my kit is structured.

You will however, be able to convert your project easily.

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
And I thought PokeEssentials was great!
This is absolutely amazing! Also, the R/B/G title
was always my favorite.

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
Just a suggestion you should make it so that in your version you may not have to use extended text because some people cant get it to work.

Years
And I thought PokeEssentials was great!
This is absolutely amazing! Also, the R/B/G title
was always my favorite.

It was always my favourite too :3

Just a suggestion you should make it so that in your version you may not have to use extended text because some people cant get it to work.

Well at the moment there's no script calls that are longer than the message box, and I'm aiming to keep it that way.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Well at the moment there's no script calls that are longer than the message box, and I'm aiming to keep it that way.

You have no idea how glad I am to hear that. PE is so hard to work with in that aspect, as you have to space everything out PERFECTLY, if you even can.

Years
Update!

IVs and EVs have been implemented meaning that i finally have stat calculation all sorted out.

I'm also having to think hard about some stuff, but you'll hear about that when i've decided.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
You must have been working real hard sense the last update if it took you that long :P

Years
Nah, i've been too busy with my college work to be able to work on anything really.
Though i'm on half term, progress will still be slow, i have 175 pieces of coursework to finish by the end of the college year so i'll be working on and off on this.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
@CNG I am working on 5th Gen OW Sprites would you like to use them? I currently only have the Prof. Araragi Sprite done but you can use my resources if you need to :)

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Is there anything other than scripting (not skilled enough yet) and graphics I can do to help? btw I like your works, crazyninjaguy. Also i am a fast learner and very good at logic things.
Agreed. I've been really thinking on what I can do to help you with this. I'm obviously no where near as good at scripting as you.

Fortunately, I do have some graphical capabilities if you need someone who can sprite, as well as being able to 3d Model(Though I'm afraid RMXP ruins that part...)

Years
@CNG I am working on 5th Gen OW Sprites would you like to use them? I currently only have the Prof. Araragi Sprite done but you can use my resources if you need to :)

I would love to use them, thank you :D

Is there anything other than scripting (not skilled enough yet) and graphics I can do to help? btw I like your works, crazyninjaguy. Also i am a fast learner and very good at logic things.

Just Overworld sprites really, that's the one thing i can't do quickly, i can do them, but it takes me a while.

Agreed. I've been really thinking on what I can do to help you with this. I'm obviously no where near as good at scripting as you.

Fortunately, I do have some graphical capabilities if you need someone who can sprite, as well as being able to 3d Model(Though I'm afraid RMXP ruins that part...)

As i mentioned in reply to AgentDestroyers post, i would love it if people would 'donate' overworld sprites :D

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Dear CNG,

While looking at this starter kit (the thread anyways) I've noticed several things and I'd like to bring up a couple points about your Starter Kit.

Now onto my constructive criticism/ranting (lol). Please also read the bottom (below the dashed lines)

- Neo Mode 07 (3D)

lol This is not very impressive to say the least. For one, you aren't even going to be required to modify it to make it work, it's just plug-n-play for you. [rant] The second point I need to bring up it Neo Mode 07 is NOT 3D. It's technically a different 2D view. You may think I'm blindly saying this but I've learned from experience how NM07 works by modifying it for Pokemon Essentials' Starter Kit myself. Originally I did claim Neo Mode 07 was 3D on Pkmn Origin's thread but I have been realizing for the past few months Neo Mode 07 is not 3D, it's 2D in a different form.

For example, 3D has height, width, and depth. Neo Mode 07 has Height and Width but no depth, or the flooring may have depth but the objects certainly have no depth. They're just vertical and flat.[/rant] Anyways if you want to see 3D I am working on a live 3D engine, there's a demo and I have posted pics proving my engine is valid 3D, although I'm still adding more functions and fixing bugs I have made my point in Pkmn Origin's thread proving my 3D engine is valid. I am sorry if this came as a rash thought to you but, by definition, Neo Mode 07 is not actually 3D.

- Black/White Features

...like what? lol This subject is a bit broad, don't you think so? I can't really comment on so many possibilities.

- Black/White Graphics/Audio

Uhh...a little more specific? I mean are the tiles what you're aiming at or the GUIs of various systems, but this looks really useful either way :)

- Animated Pokemon

Is this going to be the whole 1,800+ Animations of the Pokemon from BW? (649 Pokemon * More than 3 animations per Pokemon) I'd imagine this is going to take a pretty long time to complete but I wish you luck, this would be absolutely amazing :D

--------------------------------------------------------

Overall the thread looks fine, I had a few questions and points you should hear though. I'm sorry if you were thinking this was bashing/flaming you, I was giving a little input about some things I did (and did not) like. A lot of the functions in this kit seem pretty basic (except the battle system, from what I can gather), but it's going to be nice to see it in action. =D I look forward to more updates on the progresses.

~ CP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back